• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh ...... dude I'm not into Skirmish. That mode sucks IMO.

What bothers me about it is it is all about sticking together and the teams I'm on always break up and go lone wolf.

I feel ya haha but I don't find much skill or teamwork involved the 6v6 zerg arc blade/
super fests.

Random skirmishes can be frustrating, but imo the PvP in this game is best showcased in a more intimate and smaller scale setting.

That being said, gjallarhorn would do just fine in 6v6 but it's impact is amplified in the 3v3 modes.

Another reason why rolling with any exotic AR is a hard sell. The thing almost single handedly got me to the Nightfall boss last week and it doesn't even have arc damage.

When soloing this week's nightfall, my fully upgraded Gjallarhorn killed the archon priest in 5 rockets. Took about 30 seconds. It's nuts.

Flo_Evans

Getting 23 strange coins isnt easy even for the hardcore it takes 10 days of playing. Casual players it could take them a month or longer.

Not to mention the insane exp or 18 ascendant energy you need to fully level an exotic gun.

I still haven't maxed one yet.

Nameless

When soloing this week's nightfall, my fully upgraded Gjallarhorn killed the archon priest in 5 rockets. Took about 30 seconds. It's nuts.

This is only the second or third time a GAF post has given me a boner. Congrats & thank you. Mine is maxed to so I should be able to take him down before Ward of Dawn fades.

E92 M3

I hope Xur has a really good weapon available this weekend. I got a ton of coins stored up that I need to use.

Bungie needs to change Xur so that he sells more than one weapon per week.

Make it like 3 per week. 1 is just ridiculous, especially when its all random.

It'll further dilute the "exotic" branding. There are exotic weapons I want, but don't want to buy them. Finding something that is rare can be a lot fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe if the exotic is a primary/special with ammo regen. Other than that its not worth making a build to focus solely on that since you won't have enough ammo to make it worthwhile imo
Again, I completely disagree and have torn through the Nightfall three times with Pocket Infinity equipped- and this is using a suboptimal build that lacks the Exotic armor piece I am looking for to complement it. Ice Breaker is a special weapon and essentially has infinite ammo. Gjallarhorn can rather aggressively define a PvE build even despite its limited ammo reserves; ammo synthesis and pickups will get you a long way for devastating DPS. Furthermore, exotic armor pieces exist that can supply extra reserve ammo or otherwise make your choice of exotic weapon more worthwhile. There's a lot of room to build.

edit: One weapon per week from sale for Xur is fine, but it's important for people to be able to buy them. Regular longitudinal players that aren't necessarily hardcore need to have eventual access to Exotics.

nowai

So he does sell Ice Breaker. Xur, give me two weeks to get enough coins please.

That would be a HUGE mistake if they sold the best gun in the game.

They already made the mistake of selling Suros. If everyone had an Ice Breaker, it would make so many of the PvE encounters trivial.

Flo_Evans

I spent all my coins last time Xur was in and I'm on 35.

Don't remember how much I spent last week.

z2mpYJG.png

I'm ready to buy.

So at what point do you all think we'll learn the true story of how Destiny's development went down? And at whose feet are we laying the blame: Bungie's or Activision's?

This is only the second or third time a GAF post has given me a boner. Congrats & thank you. Mine is maxed to so I should be able to take him down before Ward of Dawn fades.

Yup when he spawned, threw up weapons of light in the valley right where you drop into the boss area. Then you can jump out of it to fire the rockets and it gives you the option to back up onto the ledge if you have to. Better to be safe than sorry

Acidote

So, finally played Iron Banner. I see it's basically 'he who plays with more friends in his teams wins'. And I play solo. I am not a good player by any stretch of the imagination and I'm making between 2 and 3k more than my teammates. It's frustrating.

Arken2121

That would be a HUGE mistake if they sold the best gun in the game.

They already made the mistake of selling Suros. If everyone had an Ice Breaker, it would make so many of the PvE encounters trivial.

I think the thing is unless you were pretty heavy into getting coins, not many have had the Suros in my experiences. I PvP a ton and I barely see it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yup when he spawned, threw up weapons of light in the valley right where you drop into the boss area. Then you can jump out of it to fire the rockets and it gives you the option to back up onto the ledge if you have to. Better to be safe than sorry
Did this on my third run through it (using Pocket Infinity, but the others in my party had some non-Gjallarhorn rocket launcher or another). Still went down crazy fast. WoL is smashmazing.
Same - I was pretty worried about it originally, but have only been killed by it a handful of times.
It's probably the most common exotic I see in the Crucible, but "some other auto rifle" remains the gun that kills me a majority of the time.

Man, I had a real good night in Destiny last night. My wife fell asleep early so I threw on my wireless headphones and played a bunch.

- Found a Legendary Engram that turned into Shards that I needed.

- Found another Legendary Engram that turned to boots that I did not need that discarded them for more delicious Shards.

- Finished an Exotic bounty and got one my most wanted guns (Invective)

- Nearly got to rank 2 in Iron Banner (lost maybe 2 games that entire time.) Shout outs to Flo_Evans, JayC and Killthee for some good IB games last night.

- Finished the level 28 Weekly Heroic Strike, and the Nightfall (and got the fucking awesome Monte Carlo)

- Bought a dope ass shader from hitting rank 1 in Iron Banner and matches my exotic helm perfectly.

Lots of fun!

----------------

Now with all that out of the way, I want to talk about Iron Banner. Does it not feel any different from regular Crucible? I play a ton of PvP and I can barely tell the different and it isn't like I'm level 30 with a Vex. I'm halfway to 29 using some nice guns, but the Shadow Price I'm using isn't maxed, nor is my Invective but I didn't have any problem dropping people. I thought for sure I would go in IB and get mopped up by 29's and 30's but that just is not happening. I've seen level 15's straight murdering in there.

I almost forgot how crazy some of the weapons in this game are. I ran up to B in Bastion and saw a guy aiming a Gjallarhorn at me and quickly dropped back down when he fired. The rocket curved straight down and still got me. I want that launcher.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I guess I'm just gonna have to get lucky in Crucible or luck out on a purple engram for the, Monte Carlo. :/
There is the prospect of Exotic Weapon Engrams. Haven't seen them yet but it's possible. Course your odds wouldn't be fantastic, but what are you gonna spend your motes on?

edit: Nightfall and Raid rewards are more likely to get it to you than a purple Engram anyway

gatti-man

what's the easiest / fastest to level alt?
I give up I'm just gonna level 2 more warlocks to get extra chance at loot.

Took me ten hours to level my warlock to 25. Make sure you use weapons you have the best xp bonuses on. Also use bounties and group them all together to get massive xp bumps as best you can.

E92 M3

So, finally played Iron Banner. I see it's basically 'he who plays with more friends in his teams wins'. And I play solo. I am not a good player by any stretch of the imagination and I'm making between 2 and 3k more than my teammates. It's frustrating.

Yeah it really sucks. If it was clash I could at least carry my team a bit.

My casual friends have to be forced through the weekly heroic. A lvl 28 heroic is not easy. By saying that you naturally fall into the hardcore group.

A level 28 heroic IS easy for someone suitably equipped. I solo them all that time. That doesn't make me hardcore, it just means I recognize Bungie's scaling of difficulty favors smaller numbers (or at least, scales to make soling just as easy as going in with others).

So why force your friends? Just do it yourself.

So at what point do you all think we'll learn the true story of how Destiny's development went down? And at whose feet are we laying the blame: Bungie's or Activision's?
10 year wait.

Anyway, any groups on the go for iron banner? Will be on in 30 minutes.

Never done skirmish, which would be best, lord high fixer and invective or suros and fusion?

Did this on my third run through it (using Pocket Infinity, but the others in my party had some non-Gjallarhorn rocket launcher or another). Still went down crazy fast. WoL is smashmazing.

It's probably the most common exotic I see in the Crucible, but "some other auto rifle" remains the gun that kills me a majority of the time.

Lot of Galahad-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom