• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornDogg

It'll further dilute the "exotic" branding. There are exotic weapons I want, but don't want to buy them. Finding something that is rare can be a lot fun.

Yeah, I think I would have rather Bungie not had an exotic vendor at all and just have them be part of the loot tables for the last bosses of the level 28 versions of the strikes or Nightfall or something.

I'll buy them, since Xur does exist, but I think they lose some of what makes them special when you can just go and buy them.

Also makes for a far less interesting story if someone were to ask, "How'd you get that badass gun?" or whatever.

Flo_Evans

Casuals.....

jk

The problem is the game gave me too many exotic weapons and not enough time!

S8oVd6d.png

UDz3O6w.png

Honestly though the Ice Breaker already does scary damage...

Not to call anyone out, but I fucking carried the nightfall with that shit! :p

lorKMpa.png

lol

arimanius

Weekly heroic in highest level gets you 9 coins.

I do it every week and almost always have 30+ coins.

Yeah only level 26 so the last 2 weeks I've been getting 3? coins. Didn't think about trying to up the difficulty. I do them solo. Do everything in this game solo. Lol

Ggrr I was a few rockets away from soloing nightfall. The boss had 1/4 life left. He teleported away from one of my rockets and appeared next to me, nothing I could do. Almost had him.

Soloing is fun, not hard at all, except the boss with his near instant kill. And its a pain to find a hiding spot, the one at the entrance doesn't let you shoot him.

nowai

I'm confused by this statement, because Gjallarhorn was already sold in Week 2.

Unlimited ammo on the highest impact sniper is broken if everyone in the raid had it.

You can cheese any boss and you have no worry about using secondary ammo on trash mobs. My DPS increased tenfold when I instantly has zero worry about my ammo count.

realcZk

Is it against the rules if I'm semi-AFKing near the loot cave spot at work with remoteplay to get free loot/xp? I know it doesnt exactly follow loot cave etiquette but we gotta help eachother out in this world if we want to survive.

Yeah, I think I would have rather Bungie not had an exotic vendor at all and just have them be part of the loot tables for the last bosses of the level 28 versions of the strikes or Nightfall or something.

I'll buy them, since Xur does exist, but I think they lose some of what makes them special when you can just go and buy them.

Also makes for a far less interesting story if someone were to ask, "How'd you get that badass gun?" or whatever.

Yeah, remove the weapons available from all the factions, and add an extremely high chance for a boss in a Tiger Strike playlist to drop a legendary engram/exotic engram. That would be much more exciting and it'd be a better skinner box than what we have now. I would highly, highly enjoy that more.

rugioh

Banned
That would be a HUGE mistake if they sold the best gun in the game.

They already made the mistake of selling Suros. If everyone had an Ice Breaker, it would make so many of the PvE encounters trivial.

Oh whatever. If they're gonna sell a Suros they'll sell anything. I don't even have motivation to PvP anymore after they did that lmao

gatti-man

A level 28 heroic IS easy for someone suitably equipped. I solo them all that time. That doesn't make me hardcore, it just means I recognize Bungie's scaling of difficulty favors smaller numbers (or at least, scales to make soling just as easy as going in with others).

So why force your friends? Just do it yourself.

Its not easy. Its just not. Its easy for you and i but not for the masses. I didnt mean i have to force them to do it i meant i have to force them through. How many well equipped lvl 29s and 30s you think are in the game?

XP bonus on weapon? what is that??

You get xp bonuses on weapons you have killed alot of stuff with. Check you upcoming bonuses with the mobile app.

nowai

Oh whatever. If they're gonna sell a Suros they'll sell anything. I don't even have motivation to PvP anymore after they did that lmao

Ya man, that's what I said a few posts ago.

They already make the Suros mistake. It would be so broken if everyone had an Ice Breaker in PvE.

Anyway, people seem to want ALL THE LOOTS. I know it's rad to have all the awesome guns, but people need to look at what it would do the game if everyone had the best guns.

gatti-man

Ya man, that's what I said a few posts ago.

They already make the Suros mistake. It would be so broken if everyone had an Ice Breaker in PvE.

Anyway, people seem to want ALL THE LOOTS. I know it's rad to have all the awesome guns, but people need to look at what it would do the game if everyone had the best guns.

What would it do?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Doing the Nightfall now, need a third. PSN: ultrajari. Pls help us

Anyone with platforming skills want to help glitch into the terminous area? I've been banging my head for a hour trying to get the last jump.

Psn same as gaf.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
what's the easiest / fastest to level alt?
I give up I'm just gonna level 2 more warlocks to get extra chance at loot.

Bounties and story missions. Don't bother with strikes. Just through bounties and the bare minimum I got one of my alts to 20 in under 5 hours. Unfortunately the queens quests are no longer available. That helped a ton.

Btw, you should try out the other classes before filling all 3 character slots with warlocks. I loved my hunter to death as my main, but after leveling my titan, I think I prefer the titan.

Its not easy. Its just not. Its easy for you and i but not for the masses. I didnt mean i have to force them to do it i meant i have to force them through. How many well equipped lvl 29s and 30s you think are in the game?

I don't think exotics ARE for the masses, as you call them. They should be for people who are willing to put in the effort to equip sufficiently enough to do the encounters where they can get the coins, OR have them drop randomly in the higher level strikes playlist.

You sure don't need to be 30 to solo the Nightfalls. I'm not 30.

Exotics are something to strive for, not a given and not everyone in the game will or should own one.

IMHO, of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom