• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladelaw

Received the Thorn bounty!
i8TV6zws1dNTX.gif

I would love some context for this .gif
Was Vince high?

darthbob

Who ever designed the Mars maps should be beaten with a pillowcase full of batteries

Bastion, yes. Fuck that map.
blind watch can eat a dick too with it's completely unbalanced team spawns

I've actually come to grow on Firebase Delphi though. It's not bad when you and a team have proper map control.

I wonder why pulse rifles haven't been mentioned in balance talk from Bungie. You think that balancing the other weapons will bring them in line?

Right now I never feel threatened by a pulse whatever weapon I take. Maybe just because they're rare to see in pvp...
Pulse is a joke, I'd rather take the current scout rifles over pulse.

Trojan

Has anyone else leveled up Doctor Nope (legendary AR) fully and can tell me how it handles after all upgrades? I am about half way and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in it so far. I'm holding out hope that the stability perk and the gun damage perks later in the tree will make it worthwhile. It sprays bullets like a firehouse but has the accuracy of a lawn sprinkler.

Just got shadow price AR and started to upgrade it. Then got Exotic bounty for bad JuJu, I see alot of hate for the JuJu but is it better than a Shadow Price?

I got Shadow Price maxed out, it does 124/370 damage on a standard non shielded enemy at level 28, with a slightly higher fire rate and larger magazine (25) than Bad Juju. Bad Juju almost maxed out, 1 more upgrade to go, does 90/268 damage and has a slightly lower fire rate with a 15 bullet magazine. Bad Juju has better stability though, because you can choose perfect balance.

The saving grace for Bad Juju is String of Curses which reloads the gun instantly after a kill and slightly raises damage to 103/309 for a small timeframe, I say 2 kills max in a crowded fight. This perk makes the gun EXTREMELY effective against non shielded standard enemies, surpassing I think any primary gun in the game, that is available pre Heroic VoG. Perfect for example for VoG templar first few phases, if you don't forget to woop out the heavy weapon against the minotaurs. Shadow Price offcourse kills those guys much faster.

Yea Bungie needs to buff the BJuju, but the gun is fun to use and is very effective in certain situations against certain mobs.

HunRevan

I received Young Ahamkara's Spine from this week's nightfall for my hunter. I have an exotic helmet but it looks too good to be dismantled.

I've actually come to grow on Firebase Delphi though. It's not bad when you and a team have proper map control.

Bastion sucks, seriously. Firebase Delphi has grown on me too, at first I hated it but now I just play B the entire time...

chud

Banned
Has anyone else leveled up Doctor Nope (legendary AR) fully and can tell me how it handles after all upgrades? I am about half way and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in it so far. I'm holding out hope that the stability perk and the gun damage perks later in the tree will make it worthwhile. It sprays bullets like a firehouse but has the accuracy of a lawn sprinkler.

Can't speak for that one, but I have a legendary auto rifle that had insane recoil but once I got the stability upgrade it became my favorite gun

I love this game and I also kind of hate it.

My wife plays Hearthstone on iPad next to me on the couch and always asks why I play Destiny so often when all I do while I play is complain about it haha

But Bastion is the only map that you can snipe on.

Repo Man

So I'm at a point where I can finally start contemplating about which weapon to buy when I got the crucible marks. I like the idea of hand cannons because I wanna feel like Harrison Ford in Blade Runner blasting holes on fools but so far I've only used blue ones and find them a bit hit & miss... literally.

AR's are my go-to weapons but the rumor has it that they are about to receive a swing from the nerfbat. I like the concept of scout rifles but havent had any level 20 ones to try out. Pulse rifles are a mystery to me but I can keep an open mind so they are also an option.

So what would be a safe bet to spend my crucible tokens on once I got enough ? Mainly looking for feedback from peeps who have tried things out themselves and can speak from experience.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Does yours have stability perks?

Mine did not... was nearly unusable at any distance over 10 meters. Just too inaccurate. I since replaced it with a shadow price, much better.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
These numbers aren't empirical but Ice Breaker, due to it's ability to crit and it's much faster fire rate has the higher damage potential. Gjallarhorn does incredibly well though and as long as you're not using the center platform strat, is pretty dependable.
maybe a fireteam with a couple of each wouldn't be the worst thing in the world
Everyone feels the same.
almost everyone I guess!

blackflag

Don't get me wrong. I love my Suros in PvP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTAGS3_AOTM

...but it's broken as hell.

You can think it's a "riot" all you want, but the reality of the matter is that a majority of Iron Banner matches are littered with Suros. Shingen-E is viable in normal Crucible, but in Iron Banner, the range, power and accuracy of Suros outclasses every weapon.

I wish they would nerf it, but I'm not going to artificially hamstring myself and NOT use it.

I would venture a guess that you don't use/have Suros or an Ice Breaker. If you did, you would see that everyone having access to these two guns breaks the system.

He really shouldn't be reloading like that with Suros.

Zakalwe

Banned
My wife plays Hearthstone on iPad next to me on the couch and always asks why I play Destiny so often when all I do while I play is complain about it haha

God. You should hear me when I play the pvp without a mic and the hit reg/delay is particularly bad. My gf asks me why I want to do that to myself.

I don't know how to answer her.

the unique hook of that gun is the reload upgrades.

Trojan

Does yours have stability perks?

Mine did not... was nearly unusable at any distance over 10 meters. Just too inaccurate. I since replaced it with a shadow price, much better.

Yea mine does. I got it when I hit Vanguard Level 3 package. If I was home I'd snap a screenshot - second to last perk is a "significant stability upgrade" or something like that.

I've heard that people who've gotten it through an engram have had different perks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So what would be a safe bet to spend my crucible tokens on once I got enough ? Mainly looking for feedback from peeps who have tried things out themselves and can speak from experience.
there may be more good guns from that vendor, I don't know about, but

Crucible Vendor: standouts on this list are Grim Citizen III, Lord High Fixer, Zombie Apocalypse, Strange Suspect, and 77 Wizard.
No one who fought against Atheon and Oracles loves it!
Haven't tried Hard mode admittedly, but you're damn right I love it <3 chaining golden guns on mars, split to help with minotaur on venus, awwwwwwww yeah 9PM guys!

God. You should hear me when I play the pvp without a mic and the hit reg/delay is particularly bad. My gf asks me why I want to do that to myself.

I don't know how to answer her.

Same here. Then she tells me I'll never get to buy a new game because I'll just rage.

E92 M3

Damn - Destiny is falling on the Amazon's charts. The Xbox One version fell many places unfortunately. Makes we worried that by middle of next year there population will would be nearly nonexistent. I'd feel really stupid for playing (investing in character) something so much that will be dead soon.

Most likely I am just being a drama queen, though.

Is there a site to preview the look of different armors on your character?

I want a better-looking chest piece but the in-game previewer is very zoomed-in.

Namikaze1

3 more hours until atheon shoots us from afar with a grin on his robotic face.
Hopefully, we can beat his ass before Arrow's Season 3 premiere. I am not gonna miss that. I already missed The Flash series premiere yesterday but that's alright, I saw the leaked pilot months ago anyway.

void666

Banned

I have the stability perk and it still kicks like a mule. It's more manageable yes. But i have to "learn" the gun everytime i switch from another one.

Bladelaw

In a ten day window you get 18 coins just by doing the level 28 weekly heroic two times.

That's not hard.

How many people seriously have 2 or 3 characters at that level? It's not difficult but it is time consuming.

I can pull off a 27 coin week but I seriously doubt most players will do that. Exotics will remain rare, Xur exotics less so but still a valid progression for the majority of folks who get screwed by RNG.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the unique hook of that gun is the reload upgrades.
I just don't get Doctor Nope, I really can't see it having sincere viability in PvP, general PvE, against bosses... I have no idea what it's for. Yes, you can spray 40 billion bullets with no downtime, but are they better than those you'd shoot from any number of other guns?
Damn - Destiny is falling on the Amazon's charts. The Xbox One version fell many places unfortunately. Makes we worried that by middle of next year there population will would be nearly nonexistent. I'd feel really stupid for playing (investing in character) something so much that will be dead soon.

lol god

MechDX

I've been finding a few ghost fragments lately and came across this one with insight on the Cabal that I thought was kind of interesting and funny:

There is a vast Empire behind these creatures, many star systems away. Some pledge allegiance to that far Empire, obeying their ancient marching orders. Some do not. They disagree among themselves about the answers. I wish arguing Cabal on no one. They slam their plated bodies into each other with horrendous roars. Intelligence gathering has never been so painful.

Isnt this storyline basically the Covenant from HALO?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No one who fought against Atheon and Oracles loves it!

Can we all agree that those who go inside to do the oracles have it a LOT easier than those who stay outside to kill supplicants? Oracles always spawn in the same place. Just shoot them once with a fusion gun and move to the next.

I don't know if I would use late adopters as an indicator of future popularity.

Hiko

Banned
So I'm at a point where I can finally start contemplating about which weapon to buy when I got the crucible marks. I like the idea of hand cannons because I wanna feel like Harrison Ford in Blade Runner blasting holes on fools but so far I've only used blue ones and find them a bit hit & miss... literally.

AR's are my go-to weapons but the rumor has it that they are about to receive a swing from the nerfbat. I like the concept of scout rifles but havent had any level 20 ones to try out. Pulse rifles are a mystery to me but I can keep an open mind so they are also an option.

HC and AR are all I use. I have the Vanquisher VIII and Red Hand IX both with stability upgrades. They're monsters.
Hope to buy the Suros at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom