• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Heh I love how some people come up with the same callouts. Saw someone in the OT using Mars and Venus as callouts for the two different timegates.

Even though they are both the same location in the VoG on Venus at different time periods

#grimoire
mindblown? They look so much like Mars and Venus O_O

bungie needs to retire blind watch from matchmaking, unless they relocate the capture zones, move the heavy ammo somewhere else, and take out the automatic doors. absolutely puzzling design choices there.
It's many times better in Clash and Rumble. It should really be taken out of matchmaking for Control.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm always on the outside team. The few times in teleported inside by mistake I have no idea what to do. I'm marked immediately but I also have to kill Oracles but also have to kill adds but also have to get cleansed but omg we're dead.

Outside duty is simple: fuck Supplicants up. Outside for life <3

Any tips on inside duty? Not my thing but it's good in case I ever gotta.

Uh. I just golden gun all three hobgoblins or the minotaur, then just kill the oracles. That's it really.

I also don't get why people just don't stand on both platforms. If only one person is alive outside it makes sense to say which one, but then again why is everyone outside dead.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm always on the outside team. The few times in teleported inside by mistake I have no idea what to do. I'm marked immediately but I also have to kill Oracles but also have to kill adds but also have to get cleansed but omg we're dead.

Yes, if you aren't the relic holder, then you just have to kill the Oracles. That's it. Your relic holder has the harder job of killing the mobs and cleansing his two teammates. I guess I take that back, you also have to know to stay near the relic holder at some point in order to get cleansed. It's pretty easy but if you haven't done it before, I can see how you wouldn't know.

What's the big deal about winning Crucible matches really, though? The mark and reputation incentives are minimal.

Besides, you know, basic competitive nature, of course.

Opto

Banned
You'd think they would put a level requirement for Iron Banner, cause having a level 9 team mate isn't great.

Inside team (not relic holder) is easy as hell. kill oracles and then come down the steps to get cleansed.

Reedirect

Damn, this week's Heroic Strike is tough, I'm lvl 27 and had problems on Strike lvl 22. Does anyone have any tips on the Archon Priest? Definitely want to do it on Nightfall later on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Same Problem with mine... Over distance it sucks
(Doctor nope)
See like, this wouldn't be a viability-ending description of an Auto Rifle in most games. Like, okay, got it, it's dominant up close and mid-range, useless at distance. Problem is that in Destiny 90% of the auto rifles are better than everything else at long range too, so it's a death sentence.

Nebula

For final room we have a person on each pillar on the control points and one above the left time gate on that huge pillar next to it. 3 people right at the entrance to be teleported. Try to have a Titan to bubble so they don't have to hide.

Fixed1979

Don't touch the shield and shoot oracles in the order they appear....those are my rules for when I accidentally get ported. Oh and if you go blind, just keep shooting to where you think the oracles are and hope that a cleanse comes.

Unless you take the shield it's pretty straight forward.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't touch the shield and shoot oracles in the order they appear....those are my rules for when I accidentally get ported. Oh and if you go blind, just keep shooting to where you think the oracles are and hope that a cleanse comes.

Unless you take the shield it's pretty straight forward.
Advance slowly forward while firing on the oracles so your Relic holder has an easier time getting back to cleanse you. Be as close to the portal as possible when the final oracle is destroyed. Golden Gun oneshots them.

Zyae

Heh I love how some people come up with the same callouts. Saw someone in the OT using Mars and Venus as callouts for the two different timegates.

Even though they are both the same location in the VoG on Venus at different time periods

#grimoire

well when the "Mars" part literally looks like the Mars part of the game

#grimoire

Red and Green represent

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Has anyone else leveled up Doctor Nope (legendary AR) fully and can tell me how it handles after all upgrades? I am about half way and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in it so far. I'm holding out hope that the stability perk and the gun damage perks later in the tree will make it worthwhile. It sprays bullets like a firehouse but has the accuracy of a lawn sprinkler.
I've leveled up all bonuses except damage on the Nope. It's a good gun at close-to-medium range but suffers at long range compared to other Legendary AR's. I primarily used Nope until a Nightfall gave me The Vanquisher (New Monarchy Assault Rifle) which I like a bit more. It's got a smaller clip size and fire rate, but the damage I do remains the same (which seems odd but it's true), and the Vanquisher has great range and stability :) Range is key for me -- especially doing weekly heroics or Nightfall where it's best to keep a buffer between you and the opposition.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with the Nope, it's just accommodates a different playstyle.

what is the difference between raid hard mode and normal mode? Is it the exact same thing with higher leveled enemies or is there something different?

Fixed1979

Advance slowly forward while firing on the oracles so your Relic holder has an easier time getting back to cleanse you. Be as close to the portal as possible when the final oracle is destroyed. Golden Gun oneshots them.

Advancing slowly forward is good advice as well, I've only been in there a handful of times and I'm never quite certain how long I have with each oracle so I probably look like I'm running around like a lunatic. And panic usually sets in when I realize that I've been ported and I either don't have enough heavy/special ammo or those weapons haven't been loaded yet.

cakely

What's the big deal about winning Crucible matches really, though? The mark and reputation incentives are minimal.

Besides, you know, basic competitive nature, of course.

You complete crucible bounties much more quickly if you and your team do well. You also get 25 reputation instead of 10 which is a fairly substantial difference (+150%!)

Oh, and K/D, which really means nothing.

Can we all agree that those who go inside to do the oracles have it a LOT easier than those who stay outside to kill supplicants? Oracles always spawn in the same place. Just shoot them once with a fusion gun and move to the next.

Based on the times I have been killed by a boomer supplicant upon exiting the portal, I do assume we have the easier job inside. Damn things.

I felt like being outside was much easier than being inside. Those last couple of nights, from my spot, it seemed like almost all the fails were from issues on the inside or when the inside team would emerge and have trouble navigating to the center. I mean, I'm not very good and look at this summary:

Outside of wipes, I think I only died a couple of times and, being the sunlock that I am, I just self-rezzed and kept going. And I was playing pretty aggressively.

Attention, Guardians of the Tower:

postcyberpunk (Titan 27/PS4) has requested aid for the Weekly Heroic Strike. Depending on the party level, this Strike will be 26 or 28. Join the fireteam at 530pm EST if interested. Send friend invites if need be; PSN name is in profile. Please help push back against The Darkness (no, not the shitty rock band).

--The Speaker

Also, I grabbed a few PSN names from the thread and I'm going to add a bunch tonight. I'll mention I am from gaf.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I felt like being outside was much easier than being inside. Those last couple of nights, from my spot, it seemed like almost all the fails were from issues on the inside or when the inside team would emerge and have trouble navigating to the center. I mean, I'm not very good and look at this summary:

Outside of wipes, I think I only died a couple of times and, being the sunlock that I am, I just self-rezzed and kept going. And I was playing pretty aggressively.
dang, what a truly unfortunate spread for me. I felt like I didn't really die that many times in the last few attempts, oh well.

Those 25 kills are undoubtedly all oracles and Atheon itself... I didn't even know there WERE 313 things to kill during that boss fight.

Yes so much of the issues our group has is coming out from the damn portal. WHERE AM I ITS BUGGED AHHH.

no its not just walk slow and head toward the time gate ring if if that's hard to you.

Pay day: turning in four or five bounties at once, leveling up the Cryptarch, turning in a bunch of engrams, leveling up your weapons and gear.

I got some exotic bounties for turning in five regular bounties at once, but they were all for weapons I didn't want. Dang it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I felt like being outside was much easier than being inside. Those last couple of nights, from my spot, it seemed like almost all the fails were from issues on the inside or when the inside team would emerge and have trouble navigating to the center.

Most of the time I have trouble coming out of the portal is because (outside of glitches) the supplicant team let too many supplicants crowd the exit. I have no defense to a supplicant waiting outside the portal because I'm dead as soon as I spawn.

I think the trouble in the portal could come from having a relic holder who isn't capable of killing the mobs. Really the relic holder should be able to kill the mobs himself without any help with no problem.

...looking forward to trying this for literally the first time tonight.

Multiple streams I watched claimed that sprinting out of the portal can cause issues. We ran into these problems when we tried. We found that walking and going one by one eliminated almost all of those issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom