• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solar, or, if you're accurate, Fusion. I haven't found a use for the other one, but I'm happy to be corrected if ti's great.

I like the Firebolt for PVE. Fusion seems weak in PVE, and enemies always walk out of Solar. I'll only use Solar if I'm fighting stationary enemies.

But for PVP, Fusion is the way to go.

Tovarisc

Can people who have done VoG Hard clear give some tips about Atheon's Phase 1 [get 2 Relics, defend middle]?

In group, I'm running with currently, we have found decently reliable way to get Relics, but defence of middle tends to collapse just as Relic holders would rush to help and it domino effects to defeat.

Is there some good spots in middle area from which nuke enemies without so high risk of getting sniped by Hobos? Taking Hobos out is almost out of question considering we also need firepower to keep last gate up until Relics are out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like the Firebolt for PVE. Fusion seems weak in PVE, and enemies always walk out of Solar. I'll only use Solar if I'm fighting stationary enemies.

But for PVP, Fusion is the way to go.
I was just going to say Solar seems to have been doing good damage to me, but I remembered I have all the Ignite synergy bonuses on. Definitely makes sense that Fusion is the best for PvP. I think maybe I don't really understand what the Firebolt grenade does.

I was just going to say Solar seems to have been doing good damage to me, but I remembered I have all the Ignite synergy bonuses on. Definitely makes sense that Fusion is the best for PvP. I think maybe I don't really understand what the Firebolt grenade does.

It basically just send a bolt of damage to anyone within the circle. Not that great for PVP. It never seems to kill. But Fusion is a insta-kill if it sticks.

Atheon doesn't do much really. He does nothing while the supplicants are up and running during the inside phase and, during Time's Vengeance, there's plenty of cover spots-- I never felt in danger from him.

True. The supplicants are the real pain. I'm just saying as someone who's tried both sides, having a job that was literally "keep shooting these static hard to miss lights until they die while slowly walking forward" was a lot easier than trying to fend off the supplicants outside. It also helped that our relic holder was on top of shit and told us each time which way the middle platform was upon exiting the portals and gave us heads up when to jump to the back to be teleported.

squidyj

I dont' know what perks you have on yours, but mine has such a ridiculous stability that it's basically a high powered AR. Best heavy MG in the game imo.

Yeah I have amazing stability and incredible ammo, I get like 150 rounds from an ammo pickup with a 100 round magazine with upgrades and i think it has the "gets more stable as you fire" and a high stability upgrade as well so after the first few rounds its pretty much locked in place.

I sure hope I pick up them raid boots sometime soon so I can store away even more ammo for the thing.

Jblanks

Solar, or, if you're accurate, Fusion. I haven't found a use for the other one, but I'm happy to be corrected if ti's great.

Again, it was 100% exploitable. Rezzing is still an absolutely crucial part of Skirmish. They just fixed an exploit the only way possible.

Well they could've not awarded any points for reviving a suicide , or could've put a penalty of say 30 points that you would lose per suicide, and only award 20 points per revive.

It's just a pulse AOE. I think it's pretty weak unless you have the "grenade damage ignites" perk on. I almost never do that though since it means giving up the double grenade perk.

Tovarisc

Haven't played Iron Banner yet - what's the issue with people leaving early? More specifically, why are they leaving early?

No reputation with IB faction if your team loses => Your team starts to lose causing people to leave match and re-queue for new match => Repeat until end up with winning team so you can get rep.

E92 M3

True. The supplicants are the real pain. I'm just saying as someone who's tried both sides, having a job that was literally "keep shooting these static hard to miss lights until they die while slowly walking forward" was a lot easier than trying to fend off the supplicants outside. It also helped that our relic holder was on top of shit and told us each time which way the middle platform was upon exiting the portals and gave us heads up when to jump to the back to be teleported.

I love killing supplicants and organizing the defense team. Have that down to a science pretty much.

HighOnPCP

Having this Grim Citizen III makes me mad. EVERY perk on it is just faster reload and they suck like "if last bullet in magazine is a kill, faster reload" bruuhhh??? SO useless.
A friend has it with stability upgrade and it's kinda ridiculous.

Ken

Is it worth using sunsinger? I feel like it has no attacking options. The Nova bomb is just so destructive and surge is an awesome ability

And should I focus on armor? Right now I just have speed and recovery boosted

Armor is the generic stat that you always benefit from but actually have to get because it's tied to Light increases so you don't really have a choice.

I personally think Sunsingers trump Voidwalkers in terms of everything but Void damage.

I find defending really easy. Supplicants should never kill you, really.

Yeah, doing it my first time the defense team was kind of boring and easy. I was expecting Praetorians to pop out eventually or shielded Supplicants or something.

squidyj

I cheesed atheon.... used my novas to get him to walk off... it was ridiculous but I wanted to try it at least once.

I really wish I could just advance to 29 so I could do hard mode :l

ManCannon

Been disconnected twice with the 'bee' error code in the last 10 minutes now.

same! haven't had it happen ever since launch then a few times today, in the middle of Nightfall no less! :(

Guess I'll punish myself again... soloing NF unless anyone feels like joining and gambling we can finish before a bee disconnect - ps4 bjsketch

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's just a pulse AOE. I think it's pretty weak unless you have the "grenade damage ignites" perk on. I almost never do that though since it means giving up the double grenade perk.
True. Looking forward to all the possibilities when I've unlocked everything.

Strider

If it was me I wouldn't have changed it to revives = no points. Now when I play skirmish I just find myself never reviving anyone because most of the time it's not worth the risk. I think I would have made suicides -50 points instead.

Let me ask this:

Which activities right now have the best rates for high level drops like Legendaries and Exotics?

The Raid? The Nightfall?

Surely, those two must have better drop rates that Crucible or regular Strikes. Of course, they do take longer.

UV-6

Crucible and Iron Banner was complete lag city tonight on PS4. Had to shut it off.

Anyone else suffered from lag today?

...our relic holder was on top of shit and told us each time which way the middle platform was upon exiting the portals and gave us heads up when to jump to the back to be teleported.
I think that's the key. We had a lot of fails due to issues with the inside team coming out of the portals going wrong.

LiK

Suros Regime. I'd use my hand cannon, but it's too slow for getting out of detain.

I use that too. Should I zoom in for max dmg or try hip method more? My Titan is all armor so I'm not as fast. Maybe I should go a lil bit more Agility.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Let me ask this:

Which activities right now have the best rates for high level drops like Legendaries and Exotics?

The Raid? The Nightfall?

Surely, those two must have better drop rates that Crucible or regular Strikes. Of course, they do take longer.

Nightfall and Raid... obviously.

Got my thorn.. running nightfall with my now stable group for our tuesday exp bonus and nightfall/weekly lvl 28 coin and loot extravanganza ... my buddy (a titan) who is a consistent if not great player has very little in the way of super star aiming/critical hit/precision kill interest. Not a precise player in any way. Hates hand cannons. Literally says the words "I just don't get em..."

Nightfall.. of course... drops the fucking Hawkmoon in his lap.
I only had double his kills/precision kills/assists. No big deal. I didn't chase him around the end of the nightfall strike throwing knives at his face and shooting his crotch with a machine gun. I definitely didn't. *eye twitch intensifies*

Well maybe it was because I was 27 at the time and my weapons weren't great (I think I was using the Dead Orbit Auto Rifle because it was my only purple at the time), but I was constantly getting overwhelmed by the Supplicants since I couldn't take them down fast enough on my own. Next thing you know they're in my face blowing me up, or a new wave sneaks up behind the portal just in time for the away team to exit. I'm curious if it will be a lot easier now that I'm 28 and have some decent weapons.

IHaveIce

Banned
Did the raid for the first time today downed the templar and are now in the gorgon passage

Got Raid gloves, raid boots, lots of shards and energy and the exotic Plan C

Felt good to actually get something in Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom