• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

The Raid got reset on Tuesday, but the boxes are still yellow in the app. Does this mean I can't get loot?

You're fine; I had that glitch happen to me too.

Pay day: turning in four or five bounties at once, leveling up the Cryptarch, turning in a bunch of engrams, leveling up your weapons and gear.

I got some exotic bounties for turning in five regular bounties at once, but they were all for weapons I didn't want. Dang it.

I do that all the time. Love going to the tower after a few hours of play and just organizing the spoils of war.

Most of the time I have trouble coming out of the portal is because (outside of glitches) the supplicant team let too many supplicants crowd the exit. I have no defense to a supplicant waiting outside the portal because I'm dead as soon as I spawn.

To be fair supplicants can spawn right behind the portal and when its open you can't see. I have made it a habit to toss a grenade either way when the time team says they are coming out. If I see any harpies I always try and warn them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Multiple streams I watched claimed that sprinting out of the portal can cause issues. We ran into these problems when we tried. We found that walking and going one by one eliminated almost all of those issues.
I ran full speed every. single. time. about 30% of the time I found myself still on the wrong "end" after crossing.

YAY NEW TACTICS

Paertan

Second time through the raid. Done in little over an hour his time and then we went searching for the fifth chest. Didn't find it. Missed the entrance to it so no idea if it was there or not.

Got the Hawkmoon from Atheon! :D

I have no defense to a supplicant waiting outside the portal because I'm dead as soon as I spawn.

It helps to run through the portal and keep running straight past the pillar toward the back wall. Walking through the portal and just standing on the other side = supplicant death.

edit: and yeah, running or jumping through the portal can cause issues, like not teleporting at all.

Yes so much of the issues our group has is coming out from the damn portal. WHERE AM I ITS BUGGED AHHH.

no its not just walk slow and head toward the time gate ring if if that's hard to you.
I think the thing is that some folks just panic when they just need to slow it down, get their bearings, and then go.

Most of the time I have trouble coming out of the portal is because (outside of glitches) the supplicant team let too many supplicants crowd the exit. I have no defense to a supplicant waiting outside the portal because I'm dead as soon as I spawn.
Timing is everything. Even if the outside team is shredding supplicants, if the inside team exits just as a new wave of supplicants arrive, it's tough. Also, sometimes a supplicant or two can "hide" on the far side of the portal and become harder to take out quickly. That said, towards the end of our run, they really weren't much of an issue that I can remember.

I felt like being outside was much easier than being inside. Those last couple of nights, from my spot, it seemed like almost all the fails were from issues on the inside or when the inside team would emerge and have trouble navigating to the center. I mean, I'm not very good and look at this summary:

Outside of wipes, I think I only died a couple of times and, being the sunlock that I am, I just self-rezzed and kept going. And I was playing pretty aggressively.

Having been on both sides, I think going inside as the backup is easier as long as the relic holder has his shit together. That part is key though. The inside backup only needs to worry about Oracles while the relic holder cleans up mobs and is on top of cleansing. Outside messing with supplicants, hopping pillars, while dodging Aetheon is much more active and complicated.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It helps to run through the portal and keep running straight past the pillar toward the back wall. Walking through the portal and just standing on the other side = supplicant death.

edit: and yeah, running or jumping through the portal can cause issues, like not teleporting at all.
What really began to help me was thinking: "fuck looking for where to go, look for OTHER PEOPLE." I ran toward the tags then we all moved as a group, and I started to screw up a lot less when it came to exiting the portals.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
To be fair supplicants can spawn right behind the portal and when its open you can't see. I have made it a habit to toss a grenade either way when the time team says they are coming out. If I see any harpies I always try and warn them.

Yeah I know, I've been on supplicant duty before :) In my regular GAF group we haven't had a problem with supplicants since our initial stab at the raid a few weeks ago. But when I do a pick up group for my alt, sometimes it can be frustrating.

Hiko

Banned
Is it worth using sunsinger? I feel like it has no attacking options. The Nova bomb is just so destructive and surge is an awesome ability

And should I focus on armor? Right now I just have speed and recovery boosted

commish

Is it worth using sunsinger? I feel like it has no attacking options. The Nova bomb is just so destructive and surge is an awesome ability

Probably the most highly regarded super skill in the game, that self rez.

...Outside messing with supplicants, hopping pillars, while dodging Aetheon is much more active and complicated.
Atheon doesn't do much really. He does nothing while the supplicants are up and running during the inside phase and, during Time's Vengeance, there's plenty of cover spots-- I never felt in danger from him.

Flo_Evans

Anyone have tips for the nightfall this week? Maybe some safe spots or good strategies?
Under the deck is pretty good but you can still take damage.

You are pretty safe camping the entrance but not much opportunity to shoot. Have to pop out and expose yourself but you can retreat and there is nothing nasty that spawns up there to shoot you in the back.

E92 M3

lol yikes 41 pages into OT7.

Don't worry, we'll be remembering old times come Thursday/Friday lol

Damn Bungie really didn't think this iron banner mode through. Need something to keep people from quitting asap.

Yep, easiest thing to do would have been to give a guaranteed blue engram after every match with winners getting a bonus on top. That would make everyone happy - can't have that ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Watch your grenade cooldown... the strength of your melee is also amplified a lot.
What are the limits on the self res?
It's just using the super. If you have a super bar, you die, you use it. No more death.
How do people feel about Corrective Measure? because I freaking love this thing.
Hey I got that from the raid! Haven't tried it yet.

This is why I insist that people stand on both pillars if possible.
The person on the opposite pillar can notify and/or shoot down incoming supplicant from a distance.

commish

How do people feel about Corrective Measure? because I freaking love this thing.

I dont' know what perks you have on yours, but mine has such a ridiculous stability that it's basically a high powered AR. Best heavy MG in the game imo.

Hiko

Banned
Watch your grenade cooldown... the strength of your melee is also amplified a lot.

It's just using the super. If you have a super bar, you die, you use it. No more death.

Hey I got that from the raid! Haven't tried it yet.
Woah. So sunbros go beyond death

Which grenade should I use?

Menome

Lv 27. Hunter, looking to do Nightfall. Only done this mission once before normally, so tolerant people please!

PS4: Menome7

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Woah. So sunbros go beyond death

Which grenade should I use?
Solar, or, if you're accurate, Fusion. I haven't found a use for the other one, but I'm happy to be corrected if ti's great.
But it's a fundamental part of the mode. I should still be able to revive people and get points. WTF.
Again, it was 100% exploitable. Rezzing is still an absolutely crucial part of Skirmish. They just fixed an exploit the only way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom