• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I use that too. Should I zoom in for max dmg or try hip method more? My Titan is all armor so I'm not as fast. Maybe I should go a lil bit more Agility.

I zoom in, and I wouldn't go into agility. You need all the armor you can get, IMO.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah I have amazing stability and incredible ammo, I get like 150 rounds from an ammo pickup with a 100 round magazine with upgrades and i think it has the "gets more stable as you fire" and a high stability upgrade as well so after the first few rounds its pretty much locked in place.

I sure hope I pick up them raid boots sometime soon so I can store away even more ammo for the thing.

Jealous of your magazine size. Mine is only 58 or so. It gets the job done most of the time but an extra 40 rounds would be sweet.

Why do I keep getting my hopes up and forgetting that rewards in the Crucible aren't based on performance. I just had my best performances and got 1st place in 3 straight Iron Banner matches and all three times I kept expecting something and all three times I didn't get jack shit. Ugh!!

Also Iron Banner is no different than regular Crucible

blackflag

I don't think we ever had an issue with supplicants in our raid. We only learned it last week. The issue was really getting the relic holder(me) and the away team used to the fight. It was mostly me having issues with the adds at first but we figured that out.

blackflag

Why do I keep getting my hopes up and forgetting that rewards in the Crucible aren't based on performance. I just had my best performances and got 1st place in 3 straight Iron Banner matches and all three times I kept expecting something and all three times I didn't get jack shit. Ugh!!

Also Iron Banner is no different than regular Crucible

It's different if you have a Suros. I also seem to live longer when being shot at. There's definitely some difference.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Did the raid for the first time today downed the templar and are now in the gorgon passage

Got Raid gloves, raid boots, lots of shards and energy and the exotic Plan C

Felt good to actually get something in Destiny

I can't even comprehend getting raid gloves, raid boots, lots of shards and an exotic by the time you get to Gorgons.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Got a Suros out of the nightfall last night. Whats the consensus on upgrading this thing?

Do it.

I was hesitant at first based on reading posts, but I have been absolutely shredding with it in IB with it only half-upgraded. As long as you are decent at headshots, it is much better with the upgrades. Granted that's really a given for all weapons.

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh my, puppeteer control scheme makes so much difference!

Sliding on the right stick so you don't have to lose control of aim while you do feels amazing.

Frenden

Banned
100 points-ish away from Rank 2 in Iron Banner. Six kills from the 50 headshot with autorifles bounty. So close I can taste it.

Based on the times I have been killed by a boomer supplicant upon exiting the portal, I do assume we have the easier job inside. Damn things.

I've done both sides and it is easier inside but the outside can be done a little better and sometimes it's luck of the draw. We try to shoot stuff on the other side so the room isn't littered with supplicants and it's viable to jump from the middle to either side once the shield bubble drops not to mention it allows us to quickly get to the other portal after you guys go back inside instead of having to fight a gathered up group of them to get safely over there while you guys wait inside. This can slightly delay stuff near the portal but not really, it's more of a lucky\unlucky thing where sometimes they stay behind the portal so you can't hit them properly and then they decide to swing out right as you guys come through :/ Something I think can be cleaned up though by having one or two people change their sight lines when that happens. Actually, we do get them when they are behind but there's one last group that spawns RIGHT as you're heading through the portal and if they linger behind the portal for a sec, we don't get them in time.

Also, I couldn't get my friends to move tonight's plans to last night so don't think I can Raid tonight :( If you guys can't wait until tomorrow I'll see if I can find a group on here to run it tomorrow. On a positive note, I realized I had so many shards saved up that I could max out my Raid boots and still have enough to max an exotic chest whenever I get it so I went ahead and did that making me lvl 28 woooo! What a world of difference it was fighting lvl 28 enemies in the weekly after that one level jump, I could actually kill stuff with my primary haha

Do it.

I was hesitant at first based on reading posts, but I have been absolutely shredding with it in IB with it only half-upgraded. As long as you are decent at headshots, it is much better with the upgrades. Granted that's really a given for all weapons.

Yup max that baby. Had it before it was on sale at xur and was ripping people apart. The slower more damaging shot during ads is amazing. Some think its to slow for pvp but its perfect if you can actually aim.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nightfall and Raid... obviously.

Got my thorn.. running nightfall with my now stable group for our tuesday exp bonus and nightfall/weekly lvl 28 coin and loot extravanganza ... my buddy (a titan) who is a consistent if not great player has very little in the way of super star aiming/critical hit/precision kill interest. Not a precise player in any way. Hates hand cannons. Literally says the words "I just don't get em..."

Nightfall.. of course... drops the fucking Hawkmoon in his lap.
I only had double his kills/precision kills/assists. No big deal. I didn't chase him around the end of the nightfall strike throwing knives at his face and shooting his crotch with a machine gun. I definitely didn't. *eye twitch intensifies*
lmao.. still holding out for you man! it'll come!

Even without gear from the raid, as long as you have one exotic to go along with a full set of regular legendaries, and they're all fully upgraded, you should be able to hit level 29 right?

Flame Shield is when Sunsinger clicked for me. So... goddamn... good.
Flame shield with emphasis on strength and a Red Death has been awesome for PVE mob clearing. Get super aggressive, health restoring to full after each kill, and when things get shaky instant over shield.

Though I totally understand the discipline focused Sunbros who want to focus on bosses. Either way, bosses and mobs are both big parts of PVE.

WITHE1982

Has an easy cheese method been discovered for this weeks nightfall?

Been on the boss 3 times now and the mobs just keep wiping me out. Had 2 guys drop out after the last wipe.

E92 M3

Been on the boss 3 times now and the mobs just keep wiping me out. Had 2 guys drop out after the last wipe.

Stand at the entrance with one guy further back as security. Have two guys run out and just shoot. Retreat when needed.

Ken

yeah there's a safe spot

just youtube for it

Stand at the entrance with one guy further back as security. Have two guys run out and just shoot. Retreat when needed.

eh, easier to do solo imo

I'm finally Level 30! About goddamn time.

8uQCDfH.jpg

JNA

Banned
My SunBro Warlock has 100% effective Strength lol. I didn't even mean for it to happen but it did. My guy is super close and aggressive as a result.

Would rather have discipline though. I love using Fusion Grenades and the quicker i get to use em the better.

LifEndz

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is the iron banner emblem and shader given to me once I hit level 1 rep or do I have to buy it?

Finally got the raid gear chest, so my first level 30 build (gunslinger) is complete :) All I have to do now is upgrade the chest.

Still looking for a helm though so I can have my bladedancer build at lvl 30 also. I have a feeling that finding the helm will be much more of a pain

Zuq7zlo.jpg

Thanks to the GAFers that played with me, was an awesome run through the raid and everyone did great

I was just going to say Solar seems to have been doing good damage to me, but I remembered I have all the Ignite synergy bonuses on. Definitely makes sense that Fusion is the best for PvP. I think maybe I don't really understand what the Firebolt grenade does.

It basically just send a bolt of damage to anyone within the circle. Not that great for PVP. It never seems to kill. But Fusion is a insta-kill if it sticks.

I will say the firebolt does have its uses if you spec for it. mainly having the extra grenade or continuous fire damage from all your powers. Granted the killing potential is still better with the fusion but i had a good time with them on control or weakening a group holding a point by throwing one or two grenade and finishing them off. You don't need pin point precision and they are not as noticeable as the solar grenade for people to avoid. They still don't beat a sticky bomb to the face with the fusion but they can be a good set up also.

T.O.P

Banned
Nightfall, weekly and heroic done

3 legendary weapons
9 coins
1 legendary chest
8 aAscendant shards

Sweet night for me

Namikaze1

Just less than 90 minutes before resuming the Athean fight on hard. Won't take long to beat. And then afterwards some Iron Banner to finish the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom