• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blergh.

Finally hit Level 2 Vanguard, spent all my marks on 3 Chest Armors to trash for shards, leveled up one shield each on my legendary armors, Went from 27.6 to 27.9

Feels bad man.

Why isn't it 7pm PST yet

589.gif

I will say the firebolt does have its uses if you spec for it. mainly having the extra grenade or continuous fire damage from all your powers. Granted the killing potential is still better with the fusion but i had a good time with them on control or weakening a group holding a point by throwing one or two grenade and finishing them off. You don't need pin point precision and they are not as noticeable as the solar grenade for people to avoid. They still don't beat a sticky bomb to the face with the fusion but they can be a good set up also.

Sunsingers who are good with fusion grenades, have voidfang vestments, and excel with close quarters spacing are unstoppable in pvp. The best pvp class in my opinion when not taking arc blade into the discussion.

Hard mode complete. Got a legendary machine gun, and the ship, and a crapton of shards. Looking to do the weekly heroic at 28 now. Anyone interested?

RedFury

Ugh sony need to fix record feature. I just lost my "destiny moment" because record didn't save it. I just unlocked titan striker's, shoulder charge. I was playing with it in IB and got three consecutive kills with it. I ran kneed a guy then punched him with storm fist to finish(have saint helm for fast melee) shot gun a guy as I'm starting to pick up speed knee another, punch. I begin to turn a corner picking up speed, a bubble titan capping B, he starts dancing, I fly at him connect and he flys out of his bubble and off the map. This is more fun than it should be. How come I never get killed by this? It's a free ohk melee that has near instant cool down.

Can someone explain how to level up in the iron banner. Is it just the bounties? ive been doing the iron banner PvP but i dont see any increase in anything. i dont know how to get the marks. Please help a gaffer out

Lakitu

st5fu
So, I have to earn a kills/death spread of 25 in the Crucible. Can anyone explain it? And any tips? I've not played Crucible, only in the Beta.

Thanks to switching to the PS4 I have to start from scratch again. I played through as a Titan last time and having a hard time deciding what to go with this time.

It's painful knowing I have to suffer the non-story story again.

cakely

Can someone explain how to level up in the iron banner. Is it just the bounties? ive been doing the iron banner PvP but i dont see any increase in anything. i dont know how to get the marks. Please help a gaffer out

You get marks and a little rep for winning.

You also get significant rep (and experience) for completing iron banner bounties.

RedFury

You have to win. Once level 1 buy shader and emblem to get multipliers. Try to not turn in your bounties until after you have your "multiplier" items for more rep. I need 3 more Wins for level 2

cakely

So, I have to earn a kills/death spread of 25 in the Crucible. Can anyone explain it? And any tips? I've not played Crucible, only in the Beta.

Incredibly easy. There's a counter that goes up by 1 when when you get a kill and down by 1 when you die. The counter never goes below zero. The counter does not reset between matches. When the counter hits 25, you complete the task.

There's a rumor that assists count for this bounty but I can't confirm this. Most people seem to complete this one in about two matches.

Sullichin

It carries through multiple games. Basically, you want a positive K/D spread each game and you will eventually get it. But, it counts assists as well which makes this bounty a lot easier.
Say you get 10 kills, 2 assists and 5 deaths. The next match you will start the bounty with 7/25 completed. If you have a bad game you can potentially bring the counter back to 0/25 which sucks, but it only takes a couple good games in a row to knock it out.

I meant to post about this earlier but I completely forgot. I was playing an Iron Banner match and activated my super (Golden Gun) to try and clear a check point. I saw a warlock and before I shot I saw the animation that made it look like he'd activated the Nova Bomb. However all that happened was that I was knocked out of my super and had a "Suppressed" where the feed usually is. Much like the "Poison" when fighting the Hive Wizards. Is this a common thing that I've just missed?

Flo_Evans

I meant to post about this earlier but I completely forgot. I was playing an Iron Banner match and activated my super (Golden Gun) to try and clear a check point. I saw a warlock and before I shot I saw the animation that made it look like he'd activated the Nova Bomb. However all that happened was that I was knocked out of my super and had a "Suppressed" where the feed usually is. Much like the "Poison" when fighting the Hive Wizards. Is this a common thing that I've just missed?

Not sure about warlock but titan has a grenade or something that keeps you from using an ability.

There are Suppression grenades that keep you from using your abilities that I only just learned about today because I was reading the Grimoire. That's probably what it was.

Mr Croft

Well nothing has changed in iron banner from regular crucible.... Suros regime is still overpowered and a level 30 still gets like 3 shot lol. I wouldn't be as mad if people had earned the suros; but they got it from xur and it's easily the best gun In game oh well.

Cømet

Banned
Hand cannon gaf, I have a query.

My warlock has hit 20, so now the good guns in my vault are unlocked. I have a choice between a silvered Maverick mk.41 and a painted Big Chief mk.45. Both have 242 attack, similar stats for the most part, but these differences/perks:

Maverick
- greater stability
- less range (though has a range increase to unlock)
- precision kills increase reload speed

Big Chief
- low stability
- greater range
- hip fire accuracy bonus
- range increase

I've started using the Maverick and it feels good, but what do you think?

Xevren

Cømet;133482836 said:

My warlock has hit 20, so now the good guns in my vault are unlocked. I have a choice between a silvered Maverick mk.41 and a painted Big Chief mk.45. Both have 242 attack, similar stats for the most part, but these differences/perks:

Maverick
- greater stability

Big Chief
- low stability
- greater range
- range increase

For warlock I'd put the one with the precision kills increase reload speed personally. Since they have no other way to speed up the reload speed (cept the glove bonus if you have one) it's really nice.

Pay day: turning in four or five bounties at once, leveling up the Cryptarch, turning in a bunch of engrams, leveling up your weapons and gear.

I got some exotic bounties for turning in five regular bounties at once, but they were all for weapons I didn't want. Dang it.

The 5 at once thing is myth. I have gotten every exotic bounty and I've never done that.

Hiko

Banned
Cømet;133482836 said:

Maverick
- greater stability

Big Chief
- low stability
- greater range
- range increase

Go with stability also try to get your hands on a regulator. Has max impact and they are not that rare

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
which one?

This bounty wasn't hard. All the crucible requirements for guns are potentially easy as hell if you have a couple friends willing to help you boost it.

Killing Xyor tho... he was a bitch but ALL HIS WIZARD FRIENDS... we had like a pile of 5 of them at the door at one point. Fackin ridiculous.

Cømet

Banned
For warlock I'd put the one with the precision kills increase reload speed personally. Since they have no other way to speed up the reload speed (cept the glove bonus if you have one) it's really nice.

Go with stability

Sadly only bonus gloves I had were low level, would be nice to stack it. But! Thanks guys I agree I think. The stability on the Maverick is wonderful, it's like a tiny sniper rifle.

Plus it looks way cooler than the Big Chief :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom