• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespene

lol
uWe9HFl.jpg

Oae0mWn.jpg

"hmm, what can we do to make these different?"
"why not raise the wings?"

All ships share the same 3 components, they are just arranged differently. Body, nose and wings. Bungie just mixed and match elements as if they were making them in Kerbal Space Program.

Izuna

Banned
Bought 360 version so I can play with my friend (he was on PS4). Any limp gamers wanna do the Nightfall for easy? 25 is okay since I can carry you.

All ships share the same 3 components, they are just arranged differently. Body, nose and wings. Bungie just mixed and match elements as if they were making them in Kerbal Space Program.

i don't even see the point. the differences are negligible for most of them.

Bollocks

Is there any reason in changing capes?
You can't upgrade them yet they have levels attached to them, they don't seem to do anything.
I'm still rocking the the one I've had since the beginning.

I find it more than a little concerning how Bungie can't seem to understand that a territory-based gametype needs the following things:

1. A center zone that's equal distance away from either team. There's a small map on Mars (forgot the name) where Bravo team can cover both A and B from basically their spawn point.

2. In a Control match, why do kills count towards the final match score? It should be only captured zones that add towards your team score. It's bullshit how the main objective nearly becomes secondary.

3. Don't spawn enemies in zones that they don't control. Does your team control zones A and B? Not for long, since Destiny's spawn system will spawn enemies behind you at control points that they don't even control.

Control is just filled with bone-headed decisions and map design that I wonder if Bungie even played the game before releasing it. Jesus, all they had to do was copy Domination from Call of Duty. It's only been one of the most popular gametypes in that series for seven years.

Ganhyun

Sigh... Just played a game where a guy on my team openly told everyone he was going to troll and force the team to lose in Iron Banner... And he did just that by never capping a point, purposely feeding the enemy kills, and doing everything he could to make things harder on the rest of us.....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For warlock I'd put the one with the precision kills increase reload speed personally. Since they have no other way to speed up the reload speed (cept the glove bonus if you have one) it's really nice.
This is true for Sunsinger. Can anyone test/confirm that the Surge effect on Voidwalker does affect reload speed, though?

Mindlog

What does Iron Banner rep give you? Anything good? I'm trying to figure out why I keep playing this dumb fucking mode.

My team either sucks and quits or sucks and charges into the enemy. I almost always end up staying even if most of the team quits. Why? It doesn't net me any IB rep. At least if my team sucks in Crucible I can still salvage a little rep out of it.

What's the incentive not to quit if your team is losing or down 4 people?

Izuna

Banned
Sigh... Just played a game where a guy on my team openly told everyone he was going to troll and force the team to lose in Iron Banner... And he did just that by never capping a point, purposely feeding the enemy kills, and doing everything he could to make things harder on the rest of us.....

My Raid group has a guaranteed method of giving exotics to the people in order. They deliberately die a ton so that they always get the exotic. They have done it since the Moon and it has been consistent.

Perhaps this guy wanted to do that?

Vespene

During that E3 demo... when the ship hovers in and your dude jumps down... I wish you could just fly ships over the environment and drop anywhere. :(

My Raid group has a guaranteed method of giving exotics to the people in order. They deliberately die a ton so that they always get the exotic. They have done it since the Moon and it has been consistent.

Perhaps this guy wanted to do that?

so it's not random after all?

realcZk

During that E3 demo... when the ship hovers in and your dude jumps down... I wish you could just fly ships over the environment and drop anywhere. :(

Ships are there to give variety to the abundance of loading screens, its just too bad most of them are poop colored.

I find it more than a little concerning how Bungie can't seem to understand that a territory-based gametype needs the following things:

1. A center zone that's equal distance away from either team. There's a small map on Mars (forgot the name) where Bravo team can cover both A and B from basically their spawn point.

2. In a Control match, why do kills count towards the final match score? It should be only captured zones that add towards your team score. It's bullshit how the main objective nearly becomes secondary.

3. Don't spawn enemies in zones that they don't control. Does your team control zones A and B? Not for long, since Destiny's spawn system will spawn enemies behind you at control points that they don't even control.

Control is just filled with bone-headed decisions and map design that I wonder if Bungie even played the game before releasing it. Jesus, all they had to do was copy Domination from Call of Duty. It's only been one of the most popular gametypes in that series for seven years.

it's like one of the basic pillars of map design.

You can't upgrade them yet they have levels attached to them, they don't seem to do anything.

Wearing class items that are from a Faction such as Dead Orbit or Future War Cult will net you rep for those factions in place of gaining them for Vanguard or Crucible e.g. when you turn in bounties, strike playlist, etc...

Other than that they seem to only serve a cosmetic function, which is still arguably an important aspect of any MMO since we all like to have our characters feel unique. The Legendary cloaks for Hunters are just longer with larger, richer colors and designs from what I can tell. I enjoy my Cult/Trinary Star cloak but have also recently taken to the Cloak of Hidden Agendas.

So, in the beta, there were these areas that had high level enemies, supposedly there to block particular areas.

I went to one area I remember in Old Russia, kinda right where you get dropped off in patrol mode, and killed two knights that had ?? over their heads when you saw them in the beta. Turns out, it's just a small room with absolutely nothing remotely interesting inside it.

There was an interview with Deej about these encounters, and he said these are aspirational moments, where one day, you aspire to be powerful to take these guys down and move into these blocked areas.

Sooooo......was that it? Gain access to a tiny room with nothing inside it? Is it that way with all these other areas that had those powerful enemies around?

Ships are there to give variety to the abundance of loading screens, its just too bad most of them are poop colored.

I think what makes it worse is that the only time you really see your fireteam's ships are at an angle from directly behind everyone's thrusters, or from a top-down angle that flattens the features of the ships and make it hard to appreciate some of the (minor) differences.

kgb_abc

Neo Member
Serious question:

I'm level 29 and am one pair of boots away from reaching 30. Is there any point to play iron banner? Other than bragging rights??? The gear won't scale me to 30, correct?

Nodnol

43 Strange Coins after tonight. I'm ready for whatever (disappointment) Xur has this weekend.

Need a couple Motes of Light and Cloak of House Stark will be mine!

149 Vanguard Marks....1 more and I can add to my arsenal.

Another productive night. Even when I'm not making massive gains and finding great additions to my inventory, I'm still chipping away at little bits here and there.

Ganhyun

So, in the beta, there were these areas that had high level enemies, supposedly there to block particular areas.

I went to one area I remember in Old Russia, kinda right where you get dropped off in patrol mode, and killed two knights that had ?? over their heads when you saw them in the beta. Turns out, it's just a small room with absolutely nothing remotely interesting inside it.

There was an interview with Deej about these encounters, and he said these are aspirational moments, where one day, you aspire to be powerful to take these guys down and move into these blocked areas.

Sooooo......was that it? Gain access to a tiny room with nothing inside it? Is it that way with all these other areas that had those powerful enemies around?

That DLC paywall.

colinp

Banned
In Iron Banner, if you're wearing a faction piece you get the 10 points to faction rep if you lose, and if you win the points go to both the IB rep and your faction rep.

Woo woo!

Hoodbury

I have two ships that are the same as well. Maybe I should take a closer look and see if there is a small subtle difference between the two. But both times I checked they looked pretty much the same.

realcZk

I think what makes it worse is that the only time you really see your fireteam's ships are at an angle from directly behind everyone's thrusters, or from a top-down angle that flattens the features of the ships and make it hard to appreciate some of the (minor) differences.

The Fallen will continue to claw at the walls of our city unless we strike them down. Beneath the ruins of a Cosmodrome, in the shadow of an old colony ship we've located the house of Devil's Lair, and their high servitor feeding them their strength. We must destroy their machine god, and send their souls screaming back to hell...

There's some guys in the basement at Forgotten Shores--I can't remember what level they are. One is called something like Celebrant Oryx

They look cool. I buy a cape every week now after losing on my Crytarch roll the first time.

LiK

The Fallen will continue to claw at the walls of our city unless we strike them down. Beneath the ruins of a Cosmodrome, in the shadow of an old colony ship we've located the house of Devil's Lair, and their high servitor feeding them their strength. We must destroy their machine god, and send their souls screaming back to hell...

So tired of that line

Cynar

The more points you own the bigger the bonus you get for each kill. It's important to own the points as each kill gets more points and your team is that much closer to winning.

darkwing

I make a sandwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom