• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Just had a legendary engram for a special weapon decrypt into a Warlock's helmet(I'm a Titan). Dismantling it gave me the ass shards needed to level up.

Thank you based Rahool!

MechDX

Has anyone else been unable to connect since the patch or whatever tuesday? I haven't been able to log in because of marionberry. Xbox live and everything else works perfectly fine. Bungie really needs to sort their server issues :/

Clear your Xbox cache.

lunlunqq

Just had a legendary engram for a special weapon decrypt into a Warlock's helmet(I'm a Titan). Dismantling it gave me the ass shards needed to level up.

Thank you based Rahool!

That was an epiphany, telling you the truth: Warlock is the best class and you should play as one. You missed it and you will suffer the consequence... You don't want to get onto RNGusis' bad list, do you?

NastyBook

Sorry about missing tonight's raid, ppl. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that Wednesdays won't be good for me to Raid at all. It's pretty much going to be superhero TV night for me and my wife, even though they already royally fucked up the S3 opener for Arrow. But yeah, that's two hours I won't be available, so if you guys need to find another person to fill that slot, go ahead. Thursdays will probably be better for me, as I'll be off all day then, so I could start whenever.

If anybody in that group wants to try now, I'm down.

blackflag

Sorry about missing tonight's raid, ppl. I'm just gonna go ahead and say that Wednesdays won't be good for me to Raid at all. It's pretty much going to be superhero TV night for me and my wife, even though they already royally fucked up the S3 opener for Arrow. But yeah, that's two hours I won't be available, so if you guys need to find another person to fill that slot, go ahead. Thursdays will probably be better for me, as I'll be off all day then, so I could start whenever.

If anybody in that group wants to try now, I'm down.

I can raid tonight this week. I can free up Thursdays for next week and going forward

Ketch

I don't even own this game, I just keep clicking this thread to see cool pics of space dudes/dudettes

You're all letting me down

JackHerer

I'm looking to do Nightfall if anyone else is up for it. I still need to work on my bounty for Pocket Infinity. I'd also be up for the weekly. If you're game send me a friend request :)

PSN ID: Lpwnsome

TTG

fuck you and your weapon.

Sincerely,
Everybody else

Sure, but the other point to be made here is radiance isn't at all like a blade dancer type tank to take down. Just my personal experience shooting them, maybe it's because they're not moving around the map like flash and that intimidation of a one hit kill is gone, but they go down often enough.

SharkJAW

My group is starting at the Relic part tonight to try and finish hard mode. What strategies did you guys use for these 2 parts? Atheon and the 2 relics that is.
2 groups of 2 held the gate, 1 person went in each portal. Nothing special past that. We set up a weapons of light bubble on the back of the middle platform prior to shooting at atheon for the damage boost.

Has anyone else been unable to connect since the patch or whatever tuesday? I haven't been able to log in because of marionberry. Xbox live and everything else works perfectly fine. Bungie really needs to sort their server issues :/

I had this last night, just hard powered down the xbox and rebooted. All good to go from there. Coincidentally I had to update Destiny after the reboot before playing.

Gurrry

Been playing ALL day.

I did the raid for the first time.

I gathered tons of materials.

And I just now got my first Legendary Engram post patch.

Guess what.

IT TURNED EXOTIC! ("Patience and Time" sniper rifle)

I seriously went nuts in my house just now. It was like my team won the superbowl.

todd360

Been playing ALL day.

Guess what.

I seriously went nuts in my house just now. It was like my team won the superbowl.

What's a super bowl? I haven't seen that at the tower.

Trace

Banned
Okay, so that's two. Anybody else here want to Raid tonight on Normal?

EDIT: Let me throw in that would also welcome assistance from higher levels.

I can in two hours if you're still looking for someone. Haven't done the raid before but I'm level 28 and interested.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I swear using that Destiny Public Events site does not actually help me find public events.
Yeah, it doesn't really work well. Try doing it in a group of 2 or more. Events many times don't occur when there's only 1 person, but even then it's not guaranteed.

Been playing ALL day.

Guess what.

You better thank Bungie

Zoba earned that fair and square. Leave him be.

i'm enjoying it of course but it doesn't change my opinion on RNG in the raid especially. everyone goes into a raid and contributes to the victory, but the rewards have absolutely nothing to do with how well you do (except for the 5th chest as rumor has it).

I'd appreciate it a lot more if everyone was rewarded consistently based on how well they did. A low amount of deaths, no conflux sacrifices, no wipes, etc. It gives teams something to strive for and it makes the payoff more satisfying. I have as much chance getting another one next week as I do a dozen ascendant shards. I don't find much longevity in that.

I played against someone with a Vex today for the first time in Iron Banner. It was WRECKING.

At one point I was shooting him from the side with my Shadow Price when he wasn't paying attention and he still was able to around and kill me. Not gonna lie, I love that they have this over powered ass weapon in the game but I also hate it. They either need to ban it from PvP or dial it back because it is fucking crazy.

Mindlog

man PSN is horribly slow or broken, can't find/add people
Total mess.
Good raid with Spawnling, Graverobber, and everybody else. Still gotta do it again on my alts and on hard mode though.
Nice quick run.
Would be very happy to make a hard mode run when people are ready. I got my gloves tonight! I wouldn't mind glove that were +Discipline only, but +d/s is fine as my Int is maxxed. The only thing I have left I really want from the raid is the Timebreaker. If Xur brings the Heart of Praxic Fire then I will reach 30.

Zoba earned that fair and square. Leave him be.

Earning the weapon by doing the raid is nice, but not everybody gets it, it's entirely based off RNG. But my complaint wasn't that he has it, but that the weapon is fucking OP as shit. "Leave him alone" doesn't apply when my problem is with the weapon.

i'm enjoying it of course but it doesn't change my opinion on RNG in the raid especially. everyone goes into a raid and contributes to the victory, but the rewards have absolutely nothing to do with how well you do (except for the 5th chest as rumor has it).

I'd appreciate it a lot more if everyone was rewarded consistently based on how well they did. A low amount of deaths, no conflux sacrifices, no wipes, etc. It gives teams something to strive for and it makes the payoff more satisfying. I have as much chance getting another one next week as I do a dozen ascendant shards. I don't find much longevity in that.

Agreed, I've said similar before. Given the time sink and organising of a raid team rewards should be more predictable IMO. Other missions/strikes as random is fine.

Nebula

My only complaint is that getting Chatterwhite more than once shouldn't even be possible. Especially if I have it equipped/on my person. Seriously.

Why do I keep getting booted while playing?

Last night I got a zebra error and tonight I've gotten booted twice during a raid. So fucking frustrating.

My connection is a steady 30mb download. What gives?

Earning the weapon by doing the raid is nice, but not everybody gets it, it's entirely based off RNG. But my complaint wasn't that he has it, but that the weapon is fucking OP as shit. "Leave him alone" doesn't apply when my problem is with the weapon.

it's definitely OP as hell, no denying that lol. Its only weakness is range.

If the raid is still flashing on my destination page and says I can get rewards does that mean I can do it again? For every other weekly and daily that I've done the rewards are not there any more afterwards and there are no prompts to do them.

I joined someone else's game Tuesday morning so maybe it didn't register as being completed somehow?

Iron Banner is flashing the same way and I haven't touched it yet...

Xevren

Yea it is. Not like they really seem to do much in terms of balance so whatever. If it were me the gun wouldn't even be allowed in crucible, it's retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom