• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
So uh...

I got LV30...

gatti-man, can I give my opinion on how shit the AI is and how it is the same as long as enemies are 2 levels higher, like fighting LV4s as LV2?

Also from the review thread, about Destiny having more guns than Titanfall, I bet you didn't see the Suros coming. We used to have 2 weapons but Bungie nerfed one.

Today was a good destiny day...

a) Cheesed Atheon on Hard and got a second Vex Mythoclast (still no raid gear tho, wtf!?)
b) Did Weekly without much problems. Didnt even cheese it.
c) Did nightfall... cheesing. lol
d) Completed daily mission.
d) Completed all vanguard bounties.
e) Completed daily event.
e) Broke my record inside the crucible with 5.967 points!

Great day.

ocean

Banned
Normal. Raid. Speedrun. 28 Hunter. Armed to the Teeth.
PSN same as GAF.

Starting when? I'd be up for that in about a half hour as soon as I'm done with Nightfall. I'm a 27 Warlock with good weapons, done it several times before. If you're speed running I understand if you wanna give a higher level preference but otherwise, a_javierp on PSN! :) Send me a request if you have space.

Or I could take my 29 Titan actually, connection issue made me miss Gatekeeper loot a few hours ago with him.

Mindlog

Starting when? I'd be up for that in about a half hour as soon as I'm done with Nightfall. I'm a 27 Warlock with good weapons, done it several times before. If you're speed running I understand if you wanna give a higher level preference but otherwise, a_javierp on PSN! :) Send me a request if you have space.
We'll see.

I was hoping to find a group as soon as possible. Will be heading out of a bit later.

Acorn

Most of the way through a hard raid.

Not a single piece of raid gear again so far.

Why the fuck do I play this game...screw youbungie.

Sergoes

What's the cheesing strategy for Nightfall this week?
Shoot the final boss from the room right before entering. When the shrieker spawns (which will be a red dot on your minimap,) move to the room before this. Once the shrieker despawns move back inside and keep shooting.

Kensuke

this is the reward for beating the hardest content though. it should be better than the others to an extent - not how it was, but more than it is now.

If we ignore whole Atheon checkpoint begging and cheesing which has resulted in loot worth plummeting lightning fast thing then we are talking about most rare and prestigious weapon in the game.

I see Vex Mythoclast being to this tier of Destiny raiding what most powerful legendary item is for tier of WoW raiding.

I agree they nerfed it too much. But if it's the best weapon by a mile it just constricts the choices of the players that have it. Why choose any other exotic if you have the Vex?

choice quotes from this raid:

EverydayMath: "I hate math"
Afro: "Let me tell you the story about the Gjallarhorn. Once upon a time, Xur sold good weapons."
Afro: "Oracles is like baby's first raid."

EverydayMath: "This is so easy as a level 30" *dies first*

Todd: "Math don't jump"
Fig: "it's not worth it"
Math: "I want that raid scout rifle. If this raid doesn't give it to me, i might jump"
Todd: "I'm getting boots before anyone gets anything else"

Todd: "I'm gonna finish this guy off...just like that one time i finished...my...math homework"

Pimpwerx

I agree they nerfed it too much. But if it's the best weapon by a mile it just constricts the choices of the players that have it. Why choose any other exotic if you have the Vex?

Because the Hawkmoon might be the best sounding weapon in the game. I carry it around just so I can crack off a few rounds each day. The sound it makes is pure music. PEACE.

Pretty good haul in Destiny today.

9 shard and 3 energy in the raid
3 more from chests/events
Aethon's Epilogue (my 2nd one, broken down for 3 more energy)
Raid helmet from cheesing Aethon on hard mode
Suros Regime from nightfall
Killed Xyor to hopefully finish the Thorn hand cannon exotic bounty

Got enough shards to hit 30 now, then can put this game away for good unless the expansions are really something special. Just in time for Sunset, too.

How is the Regime in PVP? I really like the perks of this helmet.

Raxus

Out of curiosity, why would you do the weekly before nightfall? You miss out on 20% xp. That includes an extra 99 Vanguard rep.

25% lol

Still Nightfall is the first thing I do every week aside from raiding. Still need TONS of experience for weapons and armor.

Tovarisc

Weapons like Gjallahorn still will provide largest burst damage, but Vex will deal most damage / bullet from primaries. In PvE. At least I understood their hinting that Vexs max damage will be above 300.

There is nothing wrong to have BiS item / weapon for some slot. At least I don't want parity gunplay where every gun is same, but different skinjob just so no one feels "left outside".

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Needed 20 marks to finally get a purple heavy weapon and last strike I did gives me a purple heavy engram and kicks my faction to lvl up. Get back to tower and got a heavy machine gun from faction lvl up and a rocket from the engram (had shitty bonus so broke it down).

Now what the hell will I do with my marks, maybe I'll save till 175 for a faster sparrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom