• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiv47

Is there a consensus at the moment for the best glimmer farming method? I watched the one in the YT list in the OP, and after trying it, it's either been patched or has to be done at a higher heroic level than the video showed (Shrine of Crota, black wax idol/killing the 8 majors off and suiciding repeatedly). Any suggestions?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sweet! can't wait to unlock full-auto on my pocket infinity, btw I know they removed the increased magazine, is 3-rounds still a fair amount?
you really want the perfect balance mod anyway. make the shots count, and remember this effect
"has a chance to return rounds that miss to the magazine"
applies right to the full auto burst so sometimes you get even up to 5 or 6 from it if you just keep holding the trigger.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Go do Raid on 26 Titan, Hold Shield and Do Templar Boss, reward Ass Shards Energy...
The rest of the team, 1 person got energy, while 4 got weapons...

Go to Chest after bloom and before gorgon (#3 chest), someone gets Patience and Time

Seriously, I'm getting frustrated
Look @ my Vault YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!:
qRsRBmg.jpg

I can upgrade like 6+ weapons and close to 5 gear pieces, ONLY IF THE WEAPON or GEAR FUCKING DROP FROM THE GODDAMN FUCKING RAID
I keep getting the carriage part but no horse

Heel

Go do Raid on 26 Titan, Hold Shield and Do Templar Boss, reward Ass Shards Energy...
The rest of the team, 1 person got energy, while 4 got weapons...

Go to Chest after bloom and before gorgon (#3 chest), someone gets Patience and Time

Seriously, I'm getting frustrated
Look @ my Vault YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!:
qRsRBmg.jpg

I can upgrade like 6+ weapons and close to 5 gear pieces, ONLY IF THE WEAPON or GEAR FUCKING DROP FROM THE GODDAMN FUCKING RAID
I keep getting the carriage part but no horse

What a thread title.

jay23

Finished normal raid with randoms under an hour, great experience. Got raid chest and shotgun.

Only need gauntlets now and that beastly raid sniper.

void666

Banned
People here don't like atheon's epilogue right? Why is that?
I like fast firing ARs. And it seems to be easier than doctor nope to handle.

lunlunqq

Finished normal raid with randoms under an hour, great experience. Got raid chest and shotgun.

Only need gauntlets now and that beastly raid sniper.

I have been asking in the previous thread but no one answered. What's so good about the raid sniper? I just got it today. Seems nothing special to me, especially since I already have Patience and Time and Ice Breaker.

Heel

People here don't like atheon's epilogue right? Why is that?
I like fast firing ARs. And it seems to be easier than doctor nope to handle.

My first legendary was a Caster Arc with similar rate of fire and probably worse handling. It really grew on me, especially when you learn to feather the trigger at long distance and spray up close. Just takes some learning is all.

And isn't it a void primary? I want.

I have been asking in the previous thread but no one answered. What's so good about the raid sniper? I just got it today. Seems nothing special to me, especially since I already have Patience and Time and Ice Breaker.

I believe it's the extra damage to oracles? Makes it great for the raid.

Heel

Max stability is supposed to be bonkers. Not sure if that's an upgrade.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

it's a legendary
void (IB is solar, P&T is arc)
high stability
you have the three best snipers in the game

joecanada

Hey all with the latest patch what should be my next crucible purchase? First actually - probably one of the scouts huh?

Note - I already found grim citizen, invisible hand, final boss, ice breaker, zombie apocalypse, steel oracle, and monte carlo

Btw monte carlo rules after u upgrade impact and monte carlo method no matter what anyone says....

Also isn't it weird I found so many of the weapons I can buy??? Seems not random...

So? Scout or other and which one? Let's hear it experts!

thedan001

Raid weapons are legendaries and for the most part are pretty good
Only exception is the Vex Mythoclast

Raid sniper allows me to use gjallarhorn for example
personal preference

high stability makes it easy to snipe in quick succession. firefly makes targets explode if you get a precision kill. also has fast reload, raid oracle bonus damage and an agile snappy scope for sniping in close quarters.

but no unflinching skill makes it useless to me in pvp.

I'm a level 29 Titan and I need some experts to take pity on me and help me collect loot. I've done the Raid fully once, Atheon 3 times and got Ass Energy and Shards. No Gear, and now our experienced Raid leader has left us for Shadow of Mordor. If you help me get a Hawkmoon I may be your best friend for life.

PSN: Phaethon

void666

Banned
My first legendary was a Caster Arc with similar rate of fire and probably worse handling. It really grew on me, especially when you learn to feather the trigger at long distance and spray up close. Just takes some learning is all.

And isn't it a void primary? I want.

Wow... yeah. Didn't notice it before. Cool.

I had the caster arc but i didnt like how wild it was and dismantled it. Then i got the doctor nope wich is similar. Hated that gun at first but it grew on me too. I love the large magazine and high rof. It's a fun weapon.

I was complaining about RNGesus not throwing me a bone. Now i have 3.

Vex, atheon's epilogue and hawkmoon.

jay23

Like everyone else said high stability + 6 shots. Just watch this video and you'll see, skip to 1:06.

http://youtu.be/XRxJagcKaZM

Notice how he barely has to move his reticule on follow up shots.

Any tips for getting past the captains in the level 28 weekly strike? I can't do it!

I'm level 27, have Doctor Nope, Shadow Price and Icebreaker along with various blue various Level 20 weapons. None of my mains are upgraded very much.

Wondering if should just push to level 28 - not having the penalty might help?

TTG

I actually have a conflict of exotic weapons, would you look at that? How many of you take the rocket launcher(Gjallarhorn?) over Ice Breaker or Invective? I feel like my current rocket launcher is solid, got the same cluster bomb deal, but no tracking and impact is way down. So, what's your preference?

I actually have a conflict of exotic weapons, would you look at that? How many of you take the rocket launcher(Gjallarhorn?) over Ice Breaker or Invective? I feel like my current rocket launcher is solid, got the same cluster bomb deal, but no tracking and impact is way down. So, what's your preference?

The Gjallarhorn is amazing. A guy was using a fully upgraded one when we did the hard raid and it was really wrecking shit up. Made a lot of the sections significantly easier.

You know you can change weapons during a game, right? I use Gjallarhorn while I have heavy ammo, and ice breaker when I don't.

dengatron

finally got a praedyths revenge and a corrective measure after untold countless raids. only missing the mythoclast to have every drop in the instance. 2 more tries this week..

i'm still rocking the mythoclast in crucible. i die at least 5 more times than i did pre patch but i still kick ass with it and it still makes people teabag after they kill me.

all the patch realy did was make scouts OP

TTG

You know you can change weapons during a game, right? I use Gjallarhorn while I have heavy ammo, and ice breaker when I don't.

Have you seen the load times for the menu on PS3? You could make and eat a sandwich. Here's something I don't know: say I just picked up some heavy ammunition in the Crucible, if I then switch weapons, does it get cut in half as usual or do I still have a full magazine(of 2 rockets in this case)?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
these have been so fun
sensei dude was rocking the suros regime. i've only run into one other using pocket infinity so far and they finished 4th so I guess there is some small skill element

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Any tips for getting past the captains in the level 28 weekly strike? I can't do it!

I'm level 27, have Doctor Nope, Shadow Price and Icebreaker along with various blue various Level 20 weapons. None of my mains are upgraded very much.

Wondering if should just push to level 28 - not having the penalty might help?

Green cave is dat place. I don't know how many Captains there are if you are soloing, but if its three, then I don't really know how to get them. Really hard to just get that shield away because all the warping they do.

breakfuss

GAFFFFFFFFFFFF! I got an exotic bounty! holy shit. i was beginning to think people had made it up. But it's real. It's really real!

I don't know which to choose, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom