• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda-zebra

10 more minutes if anyone wants Atheon hard checkpoint,

PSN WarWolf7 with Atheon message.

Thanks for that, will now be sharing myself. If you need Atheon hard save, add me, join, die and good luck playing the lottery.

ps4 legoman-D

Fully intend playing through hard with a good team this weekend but for now this whiner is in for the cheese.

Edit: made game public

Thorn looks mighty good on my Wooflock in the character menu... but I have decided to try and get some new armor for him. I can't stand Praxis any longer.

Shaders look awful with it.

I kind of agree, but my only other exotic armor is Sunbreaker, and i REALLY don't want to use those.

Ken

Thanks for that, will now be sharing myself. If you need Atheon hard save, add me, join, die and good luck playing the lottery.

ps4 legoman-D

Fully intend playing through hard with a good team this weekend but for now this whiner is in for the cheese.

Do I just join in progress?

Gonna be starting my quest for +25 K/D spread in crucible. I figure I average about a +5 K+A-D (with a high run-to-run variance). Any tips to help eek out a bit more? I am usually in random matches so it's hard to find people that will stick around as a team and help out.

I don't know, why I asked my friend.

If anyone is banned, it's a good bet you can figure it out looking at their recent post history. It's pretty clear why he was banned.

rafaelr

so i got to try the "new" pocket
in
finity...not impressed. since i pretty much only play pve i used to love this thing for larger crowds of thralls or dispatching a wizard etc. but trying this now is pretty mucha death sentence.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
We got to the gorgon´s maze yesterday and the loot so far is a buch of ass shards and the Praedyth´s Revenge sniper, something i don´t really need...what i want is raid gear goddammit, my brother played the raid just twice and he has 2 parts already, while i´m drowning in ass shards :/

What you really need/want is to kill one Gorgon. You'll be rewarded with astonishing raid Grimoire card only visible via Bungie.net.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If you are going for Atheon Hard save, if you want your Alts to get it, make sure your Alts have cleared Normal Raid

Only Characters that have finished Raid once at least can get the checkpoint

JayEH

Oh man...first exotic bounty... Bad Juju, pocket infinity, or super good advice?

Inclined to do Bad Juju even though I hear it isn't great. Would like a primary exotic.

GraveRobberX

Oh man...first exotic bounty... Bad Juju, pocket infinity, or super good advice?

Inclined to do Bad Juju even though I hear it isn't great. Would like a primary exotic.

Pocket Infinity, it is the best Solar Fusion Rifle you will find
Amazing with Auto Fire perk activated, god send when Solar is active in a Nightfall, trust me on this

Pocket Infinity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bad Juju>>>>>>>Super Good Advice

The majority of legendary primary weapons will perform better than Bad Juju and they won't use up your exotic weapon slot. After the buff maybe it'll be worth using but for right now I'd recommend going with Pocket Infinity.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so good to end the night on
B0DYDl0CYAE4ruA.jpg:large
was down 1280-2035, mmmmm.

okokonemore
just went back to hawkmoon/wizard for this <3

JayEH

I'm just concerned with doing the pocket infinity bounty seems like a pain. Dismantle 10 rare fusion rifles and 200 kills with fusion rifles in weekly strikes would take a while.

Edit: And its night fall strikes. Damn.

GraveRobberX

Thursday morning just started and I have done Nightfall + Weekly Heroic 28 on all 3 Chars
Now do daily 28 on all 3 and Public Time Events to cash in on Vanguard marks till reset Tueday

My Hunter already hit 100 Vanguard for the week from farming PTE + other stuff included

Crucible will be a pain, but my Hunter and Titan need Armor materials way badly, so I'll just chest farm, get planet material to trade in for marks/rep/glimmer, the uncommon stuff to dismantle for them
Need roughly 500 armor materials to be safe, not joking here

My Warlock has an outstanding 1250+ Hardonic Essence, Titan like 5 Plate Steels, Hunter like 20 Sapphire Wires

Zakalwe

Banned
5 marks and 25 rep from 50 mats is a rip off though.

Absolutely. Did it once, never again.

the checkpoints, they are infectious

best hand cannon repost:

You really think a fully upgraded Thorn beats a fully upgraded TLW?

I have both guns but havn't upgraded the thorn yet. Finding it hard to imagine it comes close, but maybe I should give it a shot...

Of course, I'm eagerly awaiting the incoming buff.

GraveRobberX

5 marks and 25 rep from 50 mats is a rip off though.

1 hour nets you roughly 150 materials + glimmer + chance at engrams/ammo packs + do patrol missions leveling your faction/vanguard + Public Time Events +4 every time they come (So you should at least 1-2 in that time so that's another +8 marks and maybe ascendant shards/energy)
Add on Bounties for certain areas requested, bam add all that XP + Reputation also

So 150 materials + all the extra in that hour nets you 75-200+ Rep +23-30 Marks +5000-7500 Glimmer in hour
Also the engrams that drop + uncommon gear/weapons thatt get dismantle for weapon parts/armor parts of class...

So find me a better way in 1 hour to net all that
If you are just opening chests just for materials and don't care for anything else, your doing yourself a disservice

The more you stack on while doing stuff the better you come out ahead

Trust me on that

1 hour nets you roughly 150 materials + glimmer + chance at engrams/ammo packs + do patrol missions leveling your faction/vanguard + Public Time Events +4 every time they come (So you should at least 1-2 in that time so that's another +8 marks and maybe ascendant shards/energy)
Add on Bounties for certain areas requested, bam add all that XP + Reputation also

So 150 materials + all the extra in that hour nets you 75-200+ Rep +23-30 Marks +5000-7500 Glimmer in hour
Also the engrams that drop + uncommon gear/weapons thatt get dismantle for weapon parts/armor parts of class...

If you are just opening chests just for materials and don't care for anything else, your doing yourself a disservice

Trust me on that

If you're getting 150 mats an hour while doing public events and killing stuff for bounties, then you must have some insane super chest luck.

It's more like 100 tops, and the value is no where near what you're describing in actuality.

stuckinsecond

Neo Member
Wow. Just wow. Finally drop rolled a primary legendary (shadow price). Went into crucible stock after weeks stuck on a shingen, tripled my kill count instantly :)

Zakalwe

Banned

Trust me on that

Hm. Even if that's always possible due to the alignment of relevant beacons and PE timing and chest rewards it's very grindy and more like work than playing.

To anyone who won't be aggressively farming at maximum efficiency, the material exchange won't be a great deal.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, Just hit level 10 dead orbit.
They gave me 2 energies.

I was told that rank 10 gets you a shader.
Felt like a complete waste of time.

I've gotten 2 dead orbit fusion rifles and a dead orbit shotgun. The fusion rifles were from Cryptarc postmaster. Shotgun from DO Postmaster.

I also got the same fucking cloak that I was wearing from DO Postmaster... I think that was rank 5.

Bummed.

Zakalwe

Banned
They gave me 2 energies.

I've gotten 2 dead orbit fusion rifles and a dead orbit shotgun. The fusion rifles were from Cryptarc postmaster. Shotgun from DO Postmaster.

I also got the same fucking cloak that I was wearing from DO Postmaster... I think that was rank 5.

Bummed.

The information was that a person got that reward when they hit 10, but surrounding reports suggested it was random. Each rank is a free dice roll.

Keep levelling it in the background and you might get lucky.

They gave me 2 energies.

Bummed.

Git lky

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

You really think a fully upgraded Thorn beats a fully upgraded TLW?

I have both guns but havn't upgraded the thorn yet. Finding it hard to imagine it comes close, but maybe I should give it a shot...

Of course, I'm eagerly awaiting the incoming buff.
not just upgraded, no way. have to build around it. something for reload speed is a must.

GraveRobberX

When you have 3 characters and need to max out Crucible Marks on all 3, that will be the fastest way
Good luck doing 100-150 matches to lock in 100 marks on all 3

My method you hit so many objectives within a hour, that you come at really far ahead

Tuesday Reset I dropped 400 Spinmetals which took me 3 hours of work on Crucible Quartermaster
My Hunter who hadn't touched Crucible jumped to +40 Marks already in that area
So yes, they are worth it, if you can't get 50+ materials in 20 minutes or less, you don't know full loop or almost all location where they spawn

Then everyday I put in at least 2 hours on each char and make them run the PTE gauntlet on Earth to net me +48 Vanguard marks

:00-:05 Mothyards, :06:-012 Forgotten Shores, :13-20 The Divide
Then repeat on the half hour mark, so add +30 to those times, so it nets you +12 marks every 30 minutes, +24/hour
Grab kill/drop item patrol missions and assassination missions if you have a window to them, like there's a 2 minute window gap for each PTE

I try to maximize my materials and items so I'm never behind really, only thing I'm hurting on is armor materials, but that will get rectified by reset Tuesday, cause my hunter and titan will load up on so many chests for mats of all kinds, that I wont have to worry about it

If you really want to you can max out your Vanguard Marks within < 5 hours if you do that PTE loop
There's a chance you can be late or PTE didn't spawn, but in the long run, you hoard many marks very quickly

Zakalwe

Banned
not just upgraded, no way. have to build around it. something for reload speed is a must.

Building around stuff is cool, but it's not /that/ in depth that you can build something that really elevates the gun beyond more ammo and better reload speed.

Maybe some limited synergy so you can sort of stack dot effects, but I still don't see how the current version could get anywhere close to the efficiency and overall effectiveness of TLW.

Do you have any specific ideas how it could be done?

alright guys, let's get this going.

1. opt-in proximity chat
2. custom games
3. matchmaking for all modes with voting in playlists
4. player trading
5. in-game clan list, grimoire and advisors
6. more character creation tools and a vendor for changing features
7. more vault space/manage vault with app
8. photo mode (disable hud)
9. enhanced preview menus and preview emblems and shaders

GraveRobberX

If you're getting 150 mats an hour while doing public events and killing stuff for bounties, then you must have some insane super chest luck.

It's more like 100 tops, and the value is no where near what you're describing in actuality.

Nah you gain mats like crazy if you also know where the nodes of the material may spawn on
Just don't open chest and not search for nodes too

Only tricky one is Relic Iron, that can get < 100, but the other 3 holy shit can you farm up a storm

Spinmetal in Rocket Yard
First starting patrol area on Moon for Helium
The Winter's Lair outside are for Spiritbloom
Scablands for Relic Iron

Took my friend he farmed 1 hour with me for Helium on moon, netted him 155
I did it solo got 152
So yes it does get up there if you know almost all spots

I'm like 95% on almost all chest/node locations for those 4 areas, I've ran them all for hours, you get a gist how they spawn and how to get to them
So many farmers miss like 25% of chests/nodes, cause they watch the video and try to make the route more easier, than stretching it out, which benefits them immensely

Need one at atheon. Ps4 j_rocca42

I can join
Level 26 Titan

Zakalwe

Banned
When you have 3 characters and need to max out Crucible Marks on all 3, that will be the fastest way

My method you hit so many objectives within a hour, that you come at really far ahead

Tuesday Reset I dropped 400 Spinmetals which took me 3 hours of work on Crucible Quartermaster
So yes, they are worth it, if you can't get 50+ materials in 20 minutes or less, you don't know full loop or almost all location where they spawn

Then everyday I put in at least 2 hours on each char and make them run the PTE gauntlet on Earth to net me +48 Vanguard marks

Then repeat on the half hour mark, so add +30 to those times, so it nets you +12 marks every 30 minutes, +24/hour
Grab kill/drop item patrol missions and assassination missions if you have a window to them, like there's a 2 minute window gap for each PTE

I try to maximize my materials and items so I'm never behind really, only thing I'm hurting on is armor materials, but that will get rectified by reset Tuesday, cause my hunter and titan will load up on so many chests for mats of all kinds, that I wont have to worry about it

If you really want to you can max out your Vanguard Marks within < 5 hours if you do that PTE loop
There's a chance you can be late or PTE didn't spawn, but in the long run, you hoard many marks very quickly

This is all great if it works, but as I said: if you don't enjoy aggresively farming this way then the material exchange makes very little sense.

For me, I can only take farming mats in short bursts, so I only do it when I have enough shards for my next upgrade or my new weapon hits an upgrade slot that requires it.

I don't have a problem hitting mark cap via normal play. There's no reason for me to use the material exchange.

Specifically:

I don't use my alts for that. 4 extra shards a week for the marks doesn't seem worth it. I'd rather use that hour playing Crucible.

GraveRobberX

This is all great if it works, but as I said: if you don't enjoy aggresively farming this way then the material exchange makes very little sense.

For me, I can only take farming mats in short bursts, so I only do it when I have enough shards for my next upgrade or my new weapon hits an upgrade slot that requires it.

I don't have a problem hitting mark cap via normal play. There's no reason for me to use the material exchange.

I understand some don't want to go apeshit on farming, but 1 hour isn't that much to chip away at a lot of the objectives you need to complete
K, but when you get 3 characters it becomes a necessity

milkham

could you illustrate your loops or make a video or something

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
alright guys, let's get this going.

1. opt-in proximity chat
2. custom games
3. matchmaking for all modes with voting in playlists
4. player trading
5. in-game clan list, grimoire and advisors
6. more character creation tools and a vendor for changing features
7. more vault space/manage vault with app
8. photo mode (disable hud)
9. enhanced preview menus and preview emblems and shaders

Less Random, More Objectives that give meaningful payout.

As well, stop treating shards and energies as rewards. There is nothing more heartbreaking than running the entire raid, only getting materials.

Hell, last night we blocked the templar for the 5th chest. I personally got two shards. I know a few people in the party got armor.

Last but not least - A system that knows what I already have. Posted above that Dead Orbit gave me a cloak as a reward, while I was wearing that cloak.
Raid run yesterday rewarded me with the same boots I was wearing (Heavy ammo perk), and a chest that I had (only difference was primary ammo perk, different weapon class)

Zakalwe

Banned
K, but when you get 3 characters it becomes a necessity

Only if you're in a mad rush. I raised a second Titan instead of rolling a Warlock. I have plenty of friends with Warlocks so I don't mind.

Waiting till I have a bunch of legendary engrams for each armour slot and some exotics from Xur then deleting a Titan and giving the engrams and gear to the warlock.

Much more fun to me than burning out on farming. I get why you do it though.

The point of all this is:

Is the material exchange worth it?

Do you like to maximise farming? Yes.
Otherwise: no.

Ps - this conversation got a bit jumbled due to late edits and stuff. :p

goonie

What if they did a trade system where you had to trade equipment of equal rarities?

Like an exotic for an exotic. Legendary for legendary.

That way you still have to "earn" your weapons like they've been saying. This may have been suggested already, but just in case it hasn't…

NastyBook

LMFAO @ starting a daily mission before 5:00, beating it ten minutes after, then getting nothing for it.

Guess I'll have to have my dailies done faster.

Guess Master Rahool was feeling extra generous tonight. Got a heavy weapon legendary engram for reaching another Cryptarch rank. Legendary engram turns into Exotic machine gun "Thunderlord"

panda-zebra

What if they did a trade system where you had to trade equipment of equal rarities?

Like an exotic for an exotic. Legendary for legendary.

That way you still have to "earn" your weapons like they've been saying. This may have been suggested already, but just in case it hasn't…

Seems like a perfectly workable solution, it gets my vote.

back to gamestop

tee hee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom