• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My Suros Regime is not very upgraded. Will upgrade and update.

:-/ well I'm talking about PvP here certainly, but there are a myriad of problems with this analysis. it's as though he's claiming that once you unlock the mod you can suddenly only fire with ADS. but you can and should fire from the hip with the Regime at full RoF under some conditions. Furthermore Hammer Forged and the special upgrade for the gun are like, pretty relevant to this discussion and he clearly has neither one. finally and most importantly, like I mentioned above, there's a difference in "feel," the slower-but-more-damage ADS is easier to control which makes it easier to GET headshots in the first place, which has little impact in a controlled test but massive impact when, you know, killing people.

edit: pimpwerx dropping truth bombs above, everyone read

Kei-

I'm really tempted by Armamentarium for that second grenade...

Any users happy with it / found it disappointing?

It's great for both PvP and PvE, not only extra grenades, but also extra heavy ammo which is really useful for the rockets at least.

MADGAME

So on my way to work this morning I passed a hospital and there was an alarm going off, it was high-pitched and steady.

I realized it was an alarm afterwards; when I first heard it I instantly thought "there's a hidden chest nearby"

gg Destiny.

I'm sure someone would have mentioned this before, but...

Do you get addiitonal shards for taking apart an exotic armor piece that has all slots fully upgraded (i.e. lots of shards invested)?

:-/ well I'm talking about PvP here certainly, but there are a myriad of problems with this analysis. it's as though he's claiming that once you unlock the mod you can suddenly only fire with ADS. but you can and should fire from the hip with the Regime at full RoF under some conditions. Furthermore Hammer Forged and the special upgrade for the gun are like, pretty relevant to this discussion and he clearly has neither one. finally and most importantly, like I mentioned above, there's a difference in "feel," the slower-but-more-damage ADS is easier to control which makes it easier to GET headshots in the first place, which has little impact in a controlled test but massive impact when, you know, killing people.
Agree completely. I've got my Suros mostly upgraded (everything but the last couple of damage perks) and I find the gun much better upgraded than not.

realcZk

I'm sure someone would have mentioned this before, but...

Do you get addiitonal shards for taking apart an exotic armor piece that has all slots fully upgraded (i.e. lots of shards invested)?

Pretty sure you don't. I know with weapons you get more energy for dismantling ones that have had more XP pumped into them.

SAiLO

Exactly.

I hate to keep harping on it but most (basically all) players don't roll over to Xur with 23 strange coins on a weekly basis. Most players have to save up for weeks to buy something from him and have to beat some of the harder content in the game to do so.

It's not that he "forgets," it's that he, like many on this thread, don't seem to understand that how we play or how much we play IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE NORM. I don't play as much as most of you yet my girlfriend thinks I may have a legit problem/addiction.

To that I say to her, "shut up and go back to watching your stupid reality shows, I'll be over here blowing up aliens."

I can relate to that. Especially the addiction/girlfriend part.

kuppy

A shotgun that takes up the primary spot... ew. Just stick with Invective or Found Verdict for your shotgun needs.
I got it in the Raid and then a couple of days ago again in the Crucible. Tbh I can see a combo with a Fusion rifle or sniper working out but unless it has beastly range fully upgraded its whole using normal ammo novelty and taking up your primary slot is outclassed by the Incective's ammo regen.

Looks cool at least lol.
Yeah, I think it could be effective for PVP and killing Harpies in the raid, but for everything else, meh. Will maybe use it every now and then to level it up and see how it progresses, but normally I'm doing just fine with a shotgun as secondary.

ethomaz

Banned
Ohhhhhh I started to finally upgrade the Vex Mito.... I don't have a opinion about the damage or anything else yet but it is a really cool weapon to use.

It is one of my favorites for PVE for now.

Nicko

I'm really tempted by Armamentarium for that second grenade...

Any users happy with it / found it disappointing?

It's indeed quite awesome. Chucking 2 grenades and having nuts special and heavy ammo makes me feel like a bad ass on an hourly basis. The defense is awesome too.

Highly recommended. I don't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So on my way to work this morning I passed a hospital and there was an alarm going off, it was high-pitched and steady.

I realized it was an alarm afterwards; when I first heard it I instantly thought "there's a hidden chest nearby"

gg Destiny.

Some people still don't know that chests give off a distinct sound. I find nearly all of my chests by sound.

Some people still don't know that chests give off a distinct sound. I find nearly all of my chests by sound.

Ran into a guy farming that small area on Mars patrol right near the spawn in.

Followed him into two separate areas where the chests were hidden, and he zoomed right past them.

Sound gives them away. I can enter a large room where a chest might be, and if I dont move for a second I know if there's one in the room instantly.

Kei-

Ohhhhhh I started to finally upgrade the Vex Mito.... I don't have a opinion about the damage or anything else yet but it is a really cool weapon to use.

It is one of my favorites for PVE for now.

Aside from ammo capacity, the nerf mythoclast is still pretty good, worth upgrading in anticipation of the rebuff to vex.

So whats the best way to use the telemerys? Should i save up a few bountys and turn them in while activated? Or just kill trash mobs, how does it work?

Aside from ammo capacity, the nerf mythoclast is still pretty good, worth upgrading in anticipation of the rebuff to vex.

It is - only thing I don't like about it is the sound. It's too much like a heavy machine gun sounding for my liking, big massive clanging. It should be more electronic like a weapon that generates light should be.

Are you opening the door to Phogoth and then running back out to the 3rd room when you first come in?

There are 3 rooms after you kill those two guarding Major Knights: The first room, the "safe" room, and the Shrieker room. As far as I know, if you retreat back to the first room Phogoth will despawn and you'll get kicked to orbit. Never go back behind the 2nd "safe" room.

Odd. I always run back to the first room where the white lettering comes up on the bottom left. I don't stay there but I trigger that instance than go back to shrieker room, then back to middle room quick and it causes all the shrieker room adds to despawn without having to wait for the time out.

At least that's what I've done on the last 5-6 of them. Never back to orbit or restarted.

I'm sure its been said but the Mythoclast has been a let down. I seem to do WAY more dmg with a stock vendor Scout Rifle (Crusader I) then the Vex. Also noticed that Primary ammo seems to not drop when wielding that thing. Ammo drop drought happening to others when using it?

Deku Tree

I have a level 30 hunter as well as a level 30 titan.

If you PvP, I would say hunter, as, in my opinion, hunters are the best PvP class. Titans are obviously good as well, but until bladedancer gets nerfed, it's the best super.

For PvE, I would say titan. They are just more versatile and their supers are useful. Bubble has saved me many a time. Unfortunately, a hunter's super isn't as useful in high end PvP content, though I do love stealth rezzing.

If I was restarting today I would probably pick Titan, but I consider my hunter my main right now and probably for the foreseeable future.

Yes I am also leaning towards a Titan... But I have slightly more legendary/exotic armor for hunters right now though.

milkham

I'm sure its been said but the Mythoclast has been a let down. I seem to do WAY more dmg with a stock vendor Scout Rifle (Crusader I) then the Vex. Also noticed that Primary ammo seems to not drop when wielding that thing. Ammo drop drought happening to others when using it?

yeah the low ammo drops happened to me too, put it in the vault for now, felt pretty weak even after some upgrades

realcZk

he lists out all of the batshit-extreme potential uses of this exploit too. please, the hottest of fixes

"We have a more substantive update in certification right now, which slows down our ability to make changes to the Live game."

4pkHagR.gif

Jinjo

"We have a more substantive update in certification right now, which slows down our ability to make changes to the Live game."

4pkHagR.gif

Lol, the gif slayed me. Bungie are so far behind the ball in this game it's ridiculous.

Also, clearly it's an exploit and it should be fixed asap, but that's not gonna happen real quick. So better be prepared when you kill a sunbro, it's gonna come back at you. Also, a team of Warlocks can now do the raid without ever whiping.

Also, the answer to winning in Destiny is now officially: Warlock. OP change pls Dax.

Zakalwe

Banned
Something about the movement and general controls in this game is incredibly frustrating.

Lots of combined things: sprint feeling like it has a hidden stamina gauge, full auto just stopping for no reason, reloading quitting halfway through the animation even if you don't press anything to cancel it.

When it flows it does feel good, but often it feels clunky and unresponsive.

spyder_ur

Yo! Just picked up a PS4 finally...was gonna hold out a bit but was able to grab one in Good condition from Cowboom for $240 - seemed too good to pass up so I jumped.

I'm pretty sure this is true, but there shouldn't be any issues using my PS3 characters once I get a PS4 copy of the game, correct?

I'm not going to be able to play for the rest of the weekend, so I need GAF's advice. Are any of Xur's items this week "must have" items that I should buy right now? Doesn't matter what class since I'll roll all of them at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom