• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Suros Regime AGAIN? Fuck.

I didn't buy it last time but I almost have to now. That thing still runs PvP and I mostly play the Crucible. It'd be even more of a pain in the ass to not have it now that even more poeple will have it.
Well... do you want to USE it in the Crucible? lol

I hope no one wants to try and argue that having a suros just wins you matches against whoever you face as long as they don't have one too. Hawkmoon and Pocket Infinity are just the most consistent entries in a rather substantial list of guns I beat Regime-wielders with even before the AR nerf....
Worth grabbing suros if I have a hard light?
Hard Light is... troubled. If you mean you want to run an Exotic AR, for the moment there's absolutely no comparison, buy the Regime.

X-Frame

I wonder what is going to affect the Crucible more - the Suros or The Last Word for when Xur sells it.

With my TLW I frequently best Suros users in the range appropriate to TLW, and hip-firing also eats people up just beyond shotgun range plus it is surprisingly effecting at auto-rifle ranges too with good aim.

I think TLW fits very well with the map design and the distances most engagements happen, which is also fusion rifle range.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wonder what is going to affect the Crucible more - the Suros or The Last Word for when Xur sells it.

With my TLW I frequently best Suros users in the range appropriate to TLW, and hip-firing also eats people up just beyond shotgun range plus it is surprisingly effecting at auto-rifle ranges too with good aim.

I think TLW fits very well with the map design and the distances most engagements happen, which is also fusion rifle range.
lol damn, the more I think about it the more I believe that a week of "The Last Word is OP now!" is exactly what the crucible needs.

Well... do you want to USE it in the Crucible? lol

I hope no one wants to try and argue that having a suros just wins you matches against whoever you face as long as they don't have one too. Hawkmoon and Pocket Infinity are just the most consistent entries in a rather substantial list of guns I beat Regime-wielders with even before the AR nerf....

Hard Light is... troubled. If you mean you want to run an Exotic AR, for the moment there's absolutely no comparison, buy the Regime.

Right now I use a Shadow Price (drop upgrades) on most maps, so I do mostly go AR though the Hawkmoon is the gun I'd switch to in a second if I could get it. I can beat SUROS users with the Shadow Price but the SR still seems like it's a cut above my Shadow. But no, having a SUROS certainly does mean you're going to win a fight because you have it. But in good hands that thing still seems to be kind of crazy.

I don't like AR's in PvE so this is strictly for the Crucible.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am thinking about leveling up one of my alts. Right now I have a titan alt level 2 and a hunter alt also level 2. Which class is more fun IYO? I am leaning towards a titan just because... but I used to be thinking only hunter.

I have a level 30 hunter as well as a level 30 titan.

If you PvP, I would say hunter, as, in my opinion, hunters are the best PvP class. Titans are obviously good as well, but until bladedancer gets nerfed, it's the best super.

For PvE, I would say titan. They are just more versatile and their supers are useful. Bubble has saved me many a time. Unfortunately, a hunter's super isn't as useful in high end PvP content, though I do love stealth rezzing.

If I was restarting today I would probably pick Titan, but I consider my hunter my main right now and probably for the foreseeable future.

What's the best way to earn 3 strange coins in 24ish hours?
I've just done the weekly heroic and got 9 from that, but I'm 3 away from Suros Regime :(

I'm in the same boat. Do a public event for today if you havent. That'll hopefully get you 1. Then do the Tiger Strikes and hope you get a couple more. Or at least get one more and do another public event tomorrow for your last strange coin.

lunlunqq

Very very disappointed with Xur's stock this week... Did Bungie really listened to those people who asked for Suro again? What a waste...

Nameless

To that I say to her, "shut up and go back to watching your stupid reality shows, I'll be over here blowing up aliens."

Proper response right here. Others have posted stories about being straight up emasculated and/or having their console turned off mid mission.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Right now I use a Shadow Price (drop upgrades) on most maps, so I do mostly go AR though the Hawkmoon is the gun I'd switch to in a second if I could get it. I can beat SUROS users with the Shadow Price but the SR still seems like it's a cut above my Shadow. But no, having a SUROS certainly does mean you're going to win a fight because you have it. But in good hands that thing still seems to be kind of crazy.

I don't like AR's in PvE so this is strictly for the Crucible.
I can help! What are the mods on your Shadow Price? Is it the vendor version? What Exotic do you run when using it?

Well I'm just talking about what shows when the shot hits on enemies in PVP... I don't remember if the exactly ADS shot give 33 or 38 (I know it gets 40 when it is below the half of the clip because another minimal boost with upgraded Suros... so I guess it is 38),

I remember the 28 is certain for any normal Suros shot... upgraded or not.

And the fire rate looks more than 1.5x faster.

Ok, so I just tested my suros.

I fired it from the hip and used a timer. It took 4.67 seconds to empty the clip. I then Fired ADS and it took 6.71 seconds to empty. I took 3 samples of each. (I assume hip fire and non upgraded are equivalent.)

Test 1:
Hip:4.67
ADS:6.71

Test 2:
Hip: 4.70
ADS:6.60

Test 3:
Hip: 4.52
ADS: 6.54

Average of 3 tests:
Hip: 4.63
ADS: 6.61

According to my brief test, the Suros fires 1.429 times faster non upgraded.

ADS for the first half of the mag does 128 on a fallen vandal. The perk that makes the gun do more damage for the bottom of the clip is weird. It actually looks like it does more damage the closer you get to empty. Some shots were doing upwards of 188 dmg.

Hip fire does 96.

A full clip hip fired does 3168 dmg in 4.63 seconds. ADS does 3328 dmg in 4.63 seconds. You can fire 26 shots ADS in the time you can fire 33 shots hip fire. (This is using the value 128 throughout the whole magazine. The value may actually be higher) So, the value of 3328 isn't even the whole magazine, that's just the amount of damage you can do in the same time a hip fire empties. The full damage done is actually 4224 Check my math if you want.

Not to mention the ADS method allows for health regen.

So with that info and possibility for miscalculations, I'd say upgraded and non upgraded DPS is virtually identical. Upgraded Suros has the advantage though, over all. Mainly because you can fire longer with out reloading, you have health regen, and as I said I didn't actually take into account the higher damage shots near the end of the mag.

heavy ammo count for machine guns in crucible needs to go way down. some of them kill in 3 bullets and you have over 100 more shots afterwards.

wat

ethomaz

Banned
would kill to see a dps chart of the differences right now

just got the gun today like the pleb I am and now im wondering if i should upgrade or not

common sense/logic is telling me i should

irrational fear is telling me i shouldnt, lol
I guess it will ends in personal preference... some prefer the small boost over the fire rate and others the fire rate over the small boost.

The DPS is higher with the non-upgraded Suros in PVE.

Suros Regime (no upgrade) DPS: 742.5
Suros Regime w/Focused Fire DPS - 670.15

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ondering_if_suros_regime_is_better_than_hard/

So I really wanted a Suros without focused fire with 300 upgraded ATK.

There is no test for PVP :(

Kei-

Heads up, Amazon (North America) has the Blacksmith shader available with pre-order of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

I believe this was Gamestop exclusive for a while and this is the first time another retailer has offered it in North America.

I just realized I saved the Weekly for Wed for the bounty but then didn't play Wed so I still haven't done it. Hawkbro, you want to run it with me later tonight? Already did NF, just need the regular Weekly.

Lima

heavy ammo count for machine guns in crucible needs to go way down. some of them kill in 3 bullets and you have over 100 more shots afterwards.

wat

Corrective measure with mag upgrade

You get 150 bullets you pick up a pack. That gun is just nasty.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok, so I just tested my suros.

So with that info and possibility for miscalculations, I'd say upgraded and non upgraded DPS is virtually identical. Upgraded Suros has the advantage though, over all. Mainly because you can fire longer with out reloading, you have health regen, and as I said I didn't actually take into account the higher damage shots near the end of the mag.
nice research, thank you!

I feel like maybe there's a "feel" thing you're not accounting for though. Headshots are easier to get with the slower rate of fire, which means that (at least for me) potential DPS may be nearly identical but practical DPS is much higher with the mod because I can hold the trigger and still do lots of precision damage reliably.
Proper response right here. Others have posted stories about being straight up emasculated and/or having their console turned off mid mission.
I try to refrain from commenting on relationship stuff here on GAF but that one really, really jumped off the page at me. yikes :-[

TUSR

Banned
How does weapon exp work when turning in bounties?

For example: I have 3 weapons needing leveling up equipped, and I turn bounties in. Will they level up faster or slower than if I were to have only 1 weapon needing leveling up?

Do bounties split their exp amongst weapons or not?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How does weapon exp work when turning in bounties?

For example: I have 3 weapons needing leveling up equipped, and I turn bounties in. Will they level up faster or slower than if I were to have only 1 weapon needing leveling up?

Do bounties split their exp amongst weapons or not?

No, it's not split. This was disproven.

I guess it will ends in personal preference... some prefer the small boost over the fire rate and others the fire rate over the small boost.

The DPS is higher with the non-upgraded Suros in PVE.

Suros Regime (no upgrade) DPS: 742.5
Suros Regime w/Focused Fire DPS - 670.15

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ondering_if_suros_regime_is_better_than_hard/

So I really wanted a Suros without focused fire with 300 upgraded ATK.

There is no test for PVP :(

Interesting numbers. They also got about 1.42 times fast fire rate. (They got 1.47) I knew it had to be close to 1.5. I tested on fallen vandals for a small time. I'm sure their numbers are more accurate if they did more testing than I did.

I feel like maybe there's a "feel" thing you're not accounting for though. Headshots are easier to get with the slower rate of fire, which means that (at least for me) potential DPS may be nearly identical but practical DPS is much higher with the mod because I can hold the trigger and still do lots of precision damage reliably.

I try to refrain from commenting on relationship stuff here on GAF but that one really, really jumped off the page at me. yikes :-[

I agree. I think it makes a difference.

Play the vanguard tiger strike playlist for as long as you can manage. You might get coins as a reward or from the many engrams you will get.
Farm tiger strikes and decrypt blue engrams, you'll get quite a lot of strange coins that way.
Play Tiger. You should get like 20+ blue engrams in 2-3 hours and should get a few coins in there.
I'm in the same boat. Do a public event for today if you havent. That'll hopefully get you 1. Then do the Tiger Strikes and hope you get a couple more. Or at least get one more and do another public event tomorrow for your last strange coin.
Thanks guys :)

jay23

Heads up, Amazon (North America) has the Blacksmith shader available with pre-order of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

I believe this was Gamestop exclusive for a while and this is the first time another retailer has offered it in North America.

Do they email you the code instantly?

Fitts

Really looking forward to crucible tonight. My hand cannons are going to tear through a whole new batch of overconfident Suros users. :)

Zakalwe

Banned

This is it.

Of course, some people might be good enough to hit just as consistently with the higher rate and find the fun much more efficient without the upgrades. Would love to be able to see some honest detailed video footage or something.

The only issue I have is people calling the upgrade bad. It's clearly a top tier weapon either way.

ethomaz

Banned
Interesting numbers. They also got about 1.42 times fast fire rate. (They got 1.47) I knew it had to be close to 1.5. I tested on fallen vandals for a small time. I'm sure their numbers are more accurate if they did more testing than I did.
Yeap... I saw your post after post ;) pretty good tests.

Did you have the non-upgraded Suros? I want some tests in PVP... I don't have it anymore but I liked it before the upgrade on PVP (stopped to use after the upgrade because it was too slow and I'm really bad using weapons from the hip).

PVE I use Hard Light because it eat any big enemies in seconds... the precision and range of Suros didn't make the difference in DPS because I like to play at close range (when I play at long range I use snipe like Ice Breaker).

I agree. I think it makes a difference.

Could be PvP vs PvE where your fully upgraded Suros would do more damage to Vandels than another Guardian.

Hmm, I could still try going for the Boots for my Titan by cheesing the Templar on Hard tomorrow. Anyone on Xbone have the checkpoint they're willing to share?

Pimpwerx

Bought the Alpha Lupi hunter chest and rolled the dice on some gauntlets. I got No Backup Plan.

I see a lot of people poo-pooing the different items, but I love it. I want to collect every exotic and raid piece in the game for multiple reasons. One of the most important reasons is that it gives you increased flexibility in loadouts. It's not easy to see right now, particularly if you only have one character and just recently hit level 20. However, it's very nice to have a killer loadout for just about any situation that might arise. I now have the following exotic armor pieces:

Warlock: Light Beyond Nemesis, Sunbreakers, Voidfang Vestments and Praxis Fire
Hunter: Symbiote, Knucklehead, Lucky Raspberry and now Alpha Lupi
Titan: Inmost Light, Saint-14, No Backup Plans and Armamentarium

If I had more coins, I would've bought more stuff over the previous weeks. Only since getting all 3 alts raid worthy, have I started to rake in enough coinage to really build my collection. I want more pieces. I want Alpha Lupi for my Titan, because that allows a defender to be the ultimate medic/checkpoint. I want young Spine of Ahakambra, so I'm going to try and grind 20 more motes before Sunday.

You're selling yourself short if you just focus on one piece of kit, or one loadout. Unless you're time-constrained, you're just wasting tons of xp. By the time the DLC is on the verge, I intend to have every exotic piece of armor in the game, fully maxxed out, and most of the weapons. I'm already about 3 bounties from maxxing out the last subclass I have left, Defender. So I'll be able to go into a raid with any of my 3 characters, choose any of the 6 subclasses, and tailor the perks and weapons to suit whatever my team demands. It's about versatility, folks, and I plan on having that on lock. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom