• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty dumb and bad but it looks fairly cumbersome to do. It's okay the first time but unless you switch again right after you'll just legit did the next time. Seems like a lot of work just to be a pain in the ass lol.

Also I know most here are apart of the current gen master race but if your trying to do this on the geriatric consoles forget it...menus take a good 5+ seconds to load during PVP.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yo! Just picked up a PS4 finally...was gonna hold out a bit but was able to grab one in Good condition from Cowboom for $240 - seemed too good to be true.

I'm pretty sure this is true, but there shouldn't be any issues using my PS3 characters once I get a PS4 copy of the game, correct?
Everything carries over.

Did it come with the mic too?

realcZk

I can't watch this right now. What's going on in it?

Warlocks are able to equip Hawkmoon, Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn at the same time and when they enter the raid it just gives them all the loot instantly.

Nah but really, they are able to self-revive for free by changing a skill in their skill tree and activating super at the same time, which revives them without spending their super energy.

LiK

Warlocks are able to equip Hawkmoon, Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn at the same time and when they enter the raid it just gives them all the loot instantly.

Nah but really, they are able to self-revive for free by changing a skill in their skill tree and activating super at the same time, which revives them without spending their super energy.

Man

Yeap... I saw your post after post ;) pretty good tests.

Did you have the non-upgraded Suros? I want some tests in PVP... I don't have it anymore but I liked it before the upgrade on PVP (stopped to use after the upgrade because it was too slow and I'm really bad using weapons from the hip).

PVE I use Hard Light because it eat any big enemies in seconds... the precision and range of Suros didn't make the difference in DPS because I like to play at close range (when I play at long range I use snipe like Ice Breaker).

Could be PvP vs PvE where your fully upgraded Suros would do more damage to Vandels than another Guardian.

I think PvP tests could be done in Rumble. Go in with a friend and you can damage each other. You;d still have to worry about others messing up your test but it could work.

Jinjo

Infinite revives for Sunbro's basicly. You switch the Radiance perk from fireborn to something else while dead and exit the menu and use your super. You'll revive without using your meter. If you want to do it again you just need to go back in your menu and switch back to fireborn skill before you die.

Tovarisc

By swapping what activation of radiance does [from self-res to armor boost post-death] allows Warlock to have infinite amount of self-resurrections because super bar won't get drained.

Zakalwe

Banned
No Mic or HDMI but everything else - I actually had just ordered a bluetooth mic to hopefully get into the raid finally this weekend. I probably won't get the PS4 till late next week anyways.

It should be much easier to find a raid with both a ps4 and a mic.

Welcome to next gen, glad you could make it!

BraXzy

Yeah, took me 7.5 hours this way. For anyone wondering, make sure to do all the story missions on the heroic/harder difficulty level for more XP. I did very little Crucible, maybe enough for 5 bounties total.

I wouldn't bother with heroic stories unless they are equal to your level. They will take you longer and if you look, they only typically give a couple hundred bonus XP.

Deku Tree

Infinite self res by having fireborn equipped, dying, equipping radiant skin and pressing R1+L1.

Is this just a bug? Would have been nice to know this in our hard VoG run last night. Is it logical based upon the upgrades why this would work...

Wow Destiny is the most Cheesable game ever.

Edit

I don't get why this is such a great exploit in PvP.

Revive with two grenades, and kill people with them. It's about the grenades imo.

Jinjo

I don't get why this is such a great exploit in PvP.

You can get two revives in one life basicly. More if you look up a safespot after dying. How can this not be a great exploit? Kill a Warlock, you can damn well bet your ass on it it's going to come back at you ATLEAST TWICE. You just can't win that fight.

hydruxo

Pretty dumb and bad but it looks fairly cumbersome to do. It's okay the first time but unless you switch again right after you'll just legit did the next time. Seems like a lot of work just to be a pain in the ass lol.

Also I know most here are apart of the current gen master race but if your trying to do this on the geriatric consoles forget it...menus take a good 5+ seconds to load during PVP.

Don't question the will of someone determined to exploit/cheat haha. They won't care how much work it takes if it actually benefits them.

spyder_ur

It should be much easier to find a raid with both a ps4 and a mic.

Welcome to next gen, glad you could make it!

Yup, that much I had gathered. Thanks - pretty pumped about it. I had $250 sitting in Amazon credit, and you can pay with Amazon payments at Cowboom.

Shito

Really, how different is it than waiting the 4-5 seconds before you're able to respawn normally?
You are respawning where you died, able to finish off an opponent before he has time to heal.
Without using your super for this.
The difference is pretty obvious, honestly.

What's the best way to earn 3 strange coins in 24ish hours?
I've just done the weekly heroic and got 9 from that, but I'm 3 away from Suros Regime :(

I would say just play. Strike playlist will drop a lot of blue engrams that can potentially turn into strange coins.

Edit** blue engrams will also help level your cryptarch. I usually get blues for my cryptarch reward but to me it seems like those have a higher chance of turning into coins

why do we need two ammo crates here...

5AL7Yz3.jpg

Nicko

Anyone else have an insatiable craving for destiny news? I never been this excited to read developer updates..

Seriously... Destiny Podcasts, reading the OT at least 5 times a day, actually reading IGN, and even typing "destiny news" into google... What's wrong with me???

I just want to KKKNNNOOOWWW what Bungie's got in store for us next after the avalanche of passionate player feedback... Maybe it's false hope, but I just have this feeling that Destiny could make a comeback similar to Diablo III... I know I'm already way more hooked to Destiny than I was DIII on release.

BTW, when are we supposed to get an update similar to the one that announced Xur, Queens Wrath, and the Iron Banner events??

ethomaz

Banned
Really, how different is it than waiting the 4-5 seconds before you're able to respawn normally?
When you revive you deal with your enemies that are already damaged from you... it is really a wonderful SUPER... I prefer it over the NOVA bomb.

Plus all your cools down are filled up with boost in abilities... if you use two grenades you are back with two of them.

It is really a useful super...

Now think you can do that all the time in a match... boom.

Anyone else have an insatiable craving for new destiny news? I never been this excited to read developer updates..

Seriously... Destiny Podcasts, reading the OT at least 5 times a day, actually reading IGN, and even typing "destiny news" into google... What's wrong with me???

I just want to KKKNNNOOOWWW what Bungie's got in store for us next after the avalanche of passionate player feedback... Maybe it's false hope, but I just have this feeling that Destiny could make a comeback similar to Diablo III... I know I'm already way more hooked to Destiny than I was DIII on release.

BTW, when are we supposed to get an update similar to the one that announced Xur, Queens Wrath, and the Crucible events??
We gonna shoot more stuff

Mrgamer

Asked for help last night for the nightfall strike,fellow gaffers show up.

titan gaffer gets heart of praxic fire he has a warlock alt :)

Second titan gaffer gets surus regime.

me legendary purifier fusion rifle,heart of praxic eluded me again >_>

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm wait, are you saying that regular Fireborn has no advantage in PvP? If not, surely you gotta understand how coming back in the spot you died without popping your super must be quite something? He straight up shows it being used to get multiple kills and keep a full super bar right there in that video

Alucrid

Banned
When you revive you deal with your enemies that are already damaged from you... it is really a wonderful SUPER... I prefer it over the NOVA bomb.

Plus all your cools down are filled up with boost in abilities... if you use two grenades you are back with two of them.

It is really a useful super...

Now think you can do that all the time in a match... boom.

it looks like radiance isn't actually used though and he only has grenades due to voidfang

zewone

Do we have to wait for the weekly whats update to find out the patch was delayed to implement changes to recently discovered exploits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom