• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
I'd be interested in someone actually calculating the true dps on upgraded vs non upgraded suros.

I personally don't think you are getting 2-3 times more shots vs my 1 shot. If I could guess, I'd say the non upgraded suros fires 1.5 times faster at most.
Well I'm just talking about what shows when the shot hits on enemies in PVP... I don't remember if the exactly ADS shot give 33 or 38 (I know it gets 40 when it is below the half of the clip because another minimal boost with upgraded Suros... so I guess it is 38),

I remember the 28 is certain for any normal Suros shot... upgraded or not.

And the fire rate looks more than 1.5x faster.

Could you or someone else explain why it's better for a smaller portion of the playerbase to have access to those weapons than a larger one?

Auto Rifles across the board were nerfed, including the best one in the game, you can feel it if you used them before and after. As a choice of exotic, the Suros Regime still remains a fantastic choice. But for fuck's sake, honestly, so does a rare Galahad-E which allows you an exotic special or heavy.

If Bungie "turns around and nerfs the Suros again," i.e. nerfs it specifically on the individual level, to make it slightly less appealing to spend your exotic slot on (but still be a viable option), that won't really hurt the game.

The idea you're proposing, that a smaller number of people having a gun perceived to be OP results in more balanced gameplay, is just bewildering to me. If it's an option for more people, um... more people have it as an option, that's all. The gun itself doesn't become more imbalanced if more people have it.

Do you understand the concept of weapon "rarity?"

Why have weapon rarity? So some guns are harder to acquire than others.

But why do I wont the most rare stuff? Because it looks cool and has characteristics that other guns do not. Some of those characteristics make the gun marginally (some slightly and some more-so) better than their counterparts of lesser rarity.

So it is only right (in this type of rarity system) that a smaller group of people have the most rare guns than the group of people with legendary guns and they are a much larger group than the people with blue guns.

Now, to say if its "better" or not is up to the player. But you signed up for this when you bought this game. You know going in that there are rare guns out there that you may never get your hands on.

Thats the way it should be.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got rare Galahad E and Shingen E's last night. Already in the vault.. Better than the Hushwind? REALLY like the Hushwind.

(I'm talking Warlock Alt now)

:p
Shingen-E is like a Baby's First Regime, Galahad is my preferred AR in the crucible for its accuracy. I have no experience with the Silvered Hushwind other than being killed by it a number of times :p

Personal preference all around. There are many great auto rifles in this game if you like them (I generally don't, but I won't say I'm not enjoying the experience using 'em on my lock).

NastyBook

Gonna grab that Crest of Alpha Lupi for my Hunter and hope for No Backup Plans off that Exotic Engram. Other than that, nothing else to buy.

Rixxan

Well I'm just talking about what shows when the shot hits on enemies in PVP... I don't remember if the exactly ADS shot give 33 or 38 (I know it gets 40 when it is below the half of the clip because another minimal boost with upgraded Suros... so I guess it is 38),

I remember the 28 is certain for any normal Suros shot... upgraded or not.

And the fire rate looks more than 1.5x faster.

would kill to see a dps chart of the differences right now

just got the gun today like the pleb I am and now im wondering if i should upgrade or not

common sense/logic is telling me i should

irrational fear is telling me i shouldnt, lol

realcZk

Thanks. The reason I was asking is that I'm in Europe. On fridays I usually stay up quite late playing, but I have to check what time that is GMT. During the weekend I'm online most of the day as well.

I already have Suros, VoC and Red Hand IX fully upgraded, and a few secondaries near full. If I get the chance the play with you guys, great! If not, no worries.

Cool, we actually play with a guy in Berlin right now but he's crazy and stays up till 5am to do it :D

Friday/Saturday you're probably looking at anywhere between 4-10PM CST which is 9PM-3AM GMT I think, we really don't have a fixed schedule unfortunately.

EDIT: And great, suros is a great gun for VoG hard.

Deku Tree

I am thinking about leveling up one of my alts. Right now I have a titan alt level 2 and a hunter alt also level 2. Which class is more fun IYO? I am leaning towards a titan just because... but I used to be thinking only hunter.

Tovarisc

5:30pm is hardly "primetime", no.
Lots of people are still at school or at work (hey! hello!).

Only if EU had millions of people living in there over multiple time zones with different schedules for lives.. oh... wait a second! ;) Many view EU primetime to be between 05:00 PM to 09:00-ish PM.

P.S. It's 18:35 [06:35 PM] for me.

exYle

Is there any chance someone could guide me through the Nightfall? I wiped twice last night attempting it with my friends. It's just so fucking hard this week.

Level 28 Sunbro on PS4

Bungie gimme photo mode pls

These took half an hour to take...
jTkRvhS.jpg

4lRLDxG.jpg

sun moves, HUD doesn't. cabal ship comes down, HUD stays up.

HUD HUD Go Away, Come Back When It's Time To Play

Ha just bought the Suros Regime first mission with it is the Nightfall Weekly. My reward

The Suros Regime hahaha

Is there any chance someone could guide me through the Nightfall? I wiped twice last night attempting it with my friends. It's just so fucking hard this week.

Level 28 Sunbro on PS4

I'm 26 and we just nerfed that jack hole.
Sit in the second room once you awake Phogoth and snipe him then retreat.

E92 M3

It's basically primetime in EU atm so there really shouldn't be population shortage. Or then Destiny has really died off and fast.

You'd be surprised. I booted up Titanfall last night and there were only 7000 people playing attrition. Made me very sad.

This, by the way, is why there are usually only 4 PvP modes. It keeps the population for each mode high. I remember in Halo days it'd take forever to find a Big Team Battle match, or worse, an objective match.

Yes, and that's why I always frown upon developers adding modes to PVP. The only games that can get away with that is Call of Duty and maybe battlefield, unfortunately.

we do know that some exotic buffs are coming (including to your precious mythoclast of course)

I wonder. There's only so much you can even do to the suros. it's just a magnificent auto rifle in a game that loves auto rifles. with a 10% damage reduction I bet I could still clean up with it. yet I'm (still) able to beat suros regime wielders running hawkmoon or pocket infinity or hell, thunderlord (a.k.a. Zoba's Nerf of Choice) alongside the devil you know or 77 wizard, through skilled play. I think we may be getting into mountains out of molehills territory here.

anyone considering the buy, the SUROS Regime still kicks plenty of ass in PvE by the way. smoked some strikes and story missions with it on my warlock last night.

edit: Plan C is top notch in this week's nightfall

Yes, it's a very precious weapon to me. There was actual meaning behind its acquisition. You have the Hawkmoon and I have the Mythoclast lol.

In terms of Suros: I think for PVE it should obviously stay the same, but for PVP I just know Bungie will tinker with one thing or the other.

Is it true that suros regime is a better gun for pvp not fully upgraded?
Everyone says this but idk if I would agree. I've basically used it since it was on sale the first time and I still feel like it's outperforms every other AR even with the upgrade. It probably depends on your aim, if you can reliably get headshots then I think upgrading is the way to go.

I'm tired of waiting for public events. I have more ascendant materials than I need. And it is too easy to go to some area and wait around and miss the event. That happens to me every day. I'm not going to intentionally look for public events anymore. If I come across one of course I'll do it but that's it.
I feel like the planet that is the most consistently on time for events (and fun) is easily Venus. It's mostly preventing Vex sacrifices but it's loads better than another Warsat mission...

Just have the Destiny event timer open on your phone or something, run to the area for the next event, farm that spot for mats/missions until event shows up. I think most of the venus ones are 10 minutes apart so it should be very little downtime between events.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you understand the concept of weapon "rarity?"

Why have weapon rarity? So some guns are harder to acquire than others.

But why do I wont the most rare stuff? Because it looks cool and has characteristics that other guns do not. Some of those characteristics make the gun marginally (some slightly and some more-so) better than their counterparts of lesser rarity.
This kind of thing applies to the Vex Mythoclast, Fatebringer, the sparrow Timebreaker, the raid Helm, and to a lesser extent the loot from the normal raid table. Additionally (and kind of sadly), the PS4 exclusive items are an order of magnitude harder to obtain than anything else because Xur can't sell them.

But beyond that? Exotics are different than just "rare better guns." You need a collection of Exotics to build effectively and you need to spend your slot wisely. This is a huge part of the game. Having access to a variety of Exotics is important for a majority of the playerbase- not a small minority that gets to wield them exclusively and dominate those who can't ever hope to obtain them. The design of the game agrees way more with me about this than with you: Gjallarhorn, arguably the best heavy weapon in the game full stop, was made available to everyone who could afford it the second week of the game's launch. It was my first exotic. You're saying this is a bad thing, but the actual content is that you want to change the game into something dramatically different than it is.
So it is only right (in this type of rarity system) that a smaller group of people have the most rare guns
Yeah, you're just misunderstanding the system. Exotics are more about the tough choices you face when "spending your slot"- which one weapon, which one armor piece will I commit to- than being rare items that no one playing casually can ever hope to get their hands on. That's just the way it is in this game, it's not broken, it's not wrong, it's a design choice and you're free to disagree with it but that doesn't mean your way would be superior (I would have had a lot less fun with it without Xur, on a personal level).
But you signed up for this when you bought this game. You know going in that there are rare guns out there that you may never get your hands on.

Thats the way it should be.
Honestly I did no such thing. Unlike many I had very few preconceptions or expectations about the way itemization would work in this game. I just took what I got. And I got Gjallarhorn.

edit: Also we really need to bear in mind that Xur selling an item doesn't make it magically appear in every player's inventory. Coins need to be earned. I feel like these conversations are always a bit insensitive to those scrambling to come up with, or having no hope of obtaining, the coins to buy whatever "Must Have of the Week" Xur brings to the tower.

Shito

5 onwards is pretty much primetime, either way there is no population shortage and we shouldn't get matchmade with US players.

Only if EU had millions of people living in there over multiple time zones with different schedules for lives.. oh... wait a second! ;) Many view EU primetime to be between 05:00 PM to 09:00-ish PM.

P.S. It's 18:35 [06:35 PM] for me.
I don't know, maybe we don't have the same definition of the word.
I quite agree with this one, though.

Namikaze1

Bought the Exotic Chest from Xur for my Hunter. Bought the engram and it turned into exotic arms for my Hunter. My Hunter now has three exotics (helm, chest, and arms) and three legendaries (helm, legs, and arms) waiting in the bank for when it reaches level 20.

Exactly, RNG is already fucked up enough in this game. Let's piss off the playerbase more by rewarding even less. Even Datto made a video on how exotics should be more rare. Dude forgets that he plays Destiny for a fucking living while the rest of us have normal jobs and lives. I think exotic distribution is pretty fine how it is. There are still weapons and armor out there I have not gotten yet and still want

Exactly.

I hate to keep harping on it but most (basically all) players don't roll over to Xur with 23 strange coins on a weekly basis. Most players have to save up for weeks to buy something from him and have to beat some of the harder content in the game to do so.

It's not that he "forgets," it's that he, like many on this thread, don't seem to understand that how we play or how much we play IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE NORM. I don't play as much as most of you yet my girlfriend thinks I may have a legit problem/addiction.

To that I say to her, "shut up and go back to watching your stupid reality shows, I'll be over here blowing up aliens."

It's official, Xur is far worse than Rahool in my eyes. I don't even think it's random anymore, Bungle is straight up trollin all the people that want Praxic and it's not even so much that Praxic isn't here today but rather that Voidfang was just here two weeks ago! C'mon, man! Why don't they want anyone to praise the sun? :( The bastard couldn't even make it a decent outing by having G-Horn or even P and T. Xur sucks! Down with Xur! I will have the heads of the agents of nine!

Future

Nerfing the bladedancer is the worst Bungie can do. If you look at it from the other perspective: tt already sucks so bad for high level PvE play. Gunslinger's damage is abyssmal too. If anything they should give a damage boost. Since everyone in PvE dies in one hit anway and it makes the Hunter's supers more viable in PvE. Cause why can a Titan smash one hit multiple high-level mobs in the game, but it takes 3 to 4 Gunslinger shots or a few bladedancer cuts to kill one as a Hunter? Try that with Bladedancer and you just get melee'd to shit.

PvP and PvE shared balance was the worst idea ever. They're always gonna "piss off" people this way whatever they nerf or buff.

It's just bad PvE design. Anyone you blade dance in PvE should get stunned allowing more hits in. The fact a major can absorb the hit and then punch you in the face is, well, crappy design. That won't affect pvp

Pvp just needs more penalty for whiffs and I'd say a slight reduction in armor. Make blade dancers stealth and plan their strikes rather than mash melee, miss 10 times, then hit you with the 11th. Or make the melee like the halo swords and don't dash unless target is in range, making mashers more vulnerable to someone keeping calm and blasting from a distance

jay23

Ha just bought the Suros Regime first mission with it is the Nightfall Weekly. My reward

The Suros Regime hahaha

I'm 26 and we just nerfed that jack hole.
Sit in the second room once you awake Phogoth and snipe him then retreat.

Always do nightfall before buying anything from Xur.

Thread moves fast, I'll ask again. Last row of upgrades for Legendaries/Exotics is 6 energies per perk, 3 perks total? 18 in all? Not at home to look and iOS app doesnt list amounts.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's official, Xur is far worse than Rahool in my eyes. I don't even think it's random anymore, Bungle is straight up trollin all the people that want Praxic and it's not even so much that Praxic isn't here today but rather that Voidfang was just here two weeks ago! C'mon, man! Why don't they want anyone to praise the sun? :( The bastard couldn't even make it a decent outing by having G-Horn or even P and T. Xur sucks! Down with Xur! I will have the heads of the agents of nine!
blasphemer. Your raid slot shall be donated to someone more deservingly frabjous.

WITHE1982

We wiped before that. We can't get past the Defend the Ghost part.

Make sure to back up down the corridor you entered when high level knights and wizards show up. Patience is the key, you just have to chip away at their health bit by bit and don't be hasty.

It also helps if you have a sunbro for self revive. Took me ages the first time I did it.

Suros Regime AGAIN? Fuck.

I didn't buy it last time but I almost have to now. That thing still runs PvP and I mostly play the Crucible. It'd be even more of a pain in the ass to not have it now that even more poeple will have it.

Lima

What's the best way to earn 3 strange coins in 24ish hours?
I've just done the weekly heroic and got 9 from that, but I'm 3 away from Suros Regime :(

Play the vanguard tiger strike playlist for as long as you can manage. You might get coins as a reward or from the many engrams you will get.

Worth grabbing suros if I have a hard light?

Yes because unlike hard light suros is not completely useless?

LiK

10 years later, final Raid involves invading Agents of the Nine. Kill Xur and you get Exotics for everyone. End of game.

Got Universal Remote out of an legendary engram, it sure is unique but I'm not feeling it at all so far.
I got it in the Raid and then a couple of days ago again in the Crucible. Tbh I can see a combo with a Fusion rifle or sniper working out but unless it has beastly range fully upgraded its whole using normal ammo novelty and taking up your primary slot is outclassed by the Incective's ammo regen.

Looks cool at least lol.

The best blade dancer balance I've read was making whiffed attacks consume more super so you can't just pound in the Melee button and let auto aim take over.Range drop off on Regime in pvp is all it needs imo.

That'd be good. I would just be happy if they shaved a second or two off it's time. As of now you can navigate half of a medium sized map with it.

Nodnol

Any X1'ers looking to normal Raid in the next few hours?

Me and my three friends are a man down; we've managed to do the Raid with five of us (cheesing Atheon), so even if there's only one more we will be heading in.

GT: Nodnol88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom