• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Control too. Fire Base Delphi is another good one. But the control point locations are terribad on many of the maps. The worst is Blind Watch: capping A is practically auto-lose. And the maps themselves can be very lopsided. Half of Bastion isn't even used. And I despise First Light.

Delphi puts A zone in a 2 way hallway. Then it spawns heavy ammo right beside it. Then it has a direct line of sight into B, which is a mess of grenades and supers 24/7. if you spawn C, good luck getting or contesting the heavy ammo.

There are a lot of rookie mistakes being made on these maps.

jadedm17

chests have a noticeable hum. gold chests seem a bit louder than silver/alien ones. mats all have the same steady twinkle. you can hear them from 10-30 meters away depending on your sound mix/headset.

you can almost farm rocketyard with your eyes closed. walk along the route and you'll hear stuff just as often as you see them. have seen people skip chests in the buildings because they didn't hear them at the back of the room as we entered.

I thought this was a class/item thing until posted here.
I'll assume the noise is low enough I can't hear it; I do lousy on hearing tests.

I have gotten SIX legendary engram's today. SIX.

I had previously found 5 ALL TIME.

That's what RNG is, yes. It's a dice roll. Now let's get millions of people rolling the dice : What you believe to be statistically improbable is likely if not certain when you get enough people involved.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Bullshit. As a strictly AR user, I went from top three to bottom three after the nerf.

But it's still mostly ARs in PVP based on all my matches since the patch. They didn't even need a nerf they just needed less range. The damn things are as effective as rifles far away. How they fucked that up so badly is beyond me.

Skirmish is awesome.

I like Skirmish a lot and some rounds are an absolute blast... but the odds of being paired with 2 other reasonable players seems very low. Most rounds at least 1 person is afk, runs off by themselves and dies constantly, or is just really bad. It sucks losing a match by 100 points because 1 teammate was 3-18. But when you find a good team it's so damn satisfying winning 5000-1700.

LiK

I like Skirmish a lot and some rounds are an absolute blast... but the odds of being paired with 2 other reasonable players seems very low. Most rounds at least 1 person is afk, runs off by themselves and dies constantly, or is just really bad. It sucks losing a match by 100 points because 1 teammate was 3-18. But when you find a good team it's so damn satisfying winning 5000-1700.

Skirmish is way more tactical and less hectic. I really enjoy it with a good crew.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
TELL US WHAT YOU DECRYPT
Screaming is fun!

Let me tell you a story about legendaries

this one time, I hit rank 7 in Dead Orbit, and the post master gave me the same cloak that I was wearing

This one time, I got a legendary primary, and it had "crouch for better aim" rather than "Enemies explode" (which you can get from the vendor)

This one time yesterday, I got a legendary engram that turned into the cloak i had purchased with my hard earned crucible points the first week the game was out

And twice now, I've gotten New Monarchy weapons that not only were worse than the ones you could buy, but had the description of "given to followers of new monarchy' when I have not a single rep point for the faction. That guy rubbed me the wrong way when he told me to tell my friends about New Monarchy. Sounded like a car salesman. I hate car salesmen.

GOTTA LOVE THEM ROLLS.

Let me tell you a story about legendaries

this one time, I hit rank 7 in Dead Orbit, and the post master gave me the same cloak that I was wearing

This one time, I got a legendary primary, and it had "crouch for better aim" rather than "Enemies explode" (which you can get from the vendor)

This one time yesterday, I got a legendary engram that turned into the cloak i had purchased with my hard earned crucible points the first week the game was out

And twice now, I've gotten New Monarchy weapons that not only were worse than the ones you could buy, but had the description of "given to followers of new monarchy' when I have not a single rep point for the faction. That guy rubbed me the wrong way when he told me to tell my friends about New Monarchy. Sounded like a car salesman. I hate car salesmen.

GOTTA LOVE THEM ROLLS.
You got legendary engrams anyway
That's luck in itself

Patroclos

Banned
Interesting, as I stopped playing Crucible after that. The VoC full auto was no help.

Wot? VoC is fucking amazing! Do you have the stability upgrade? Screw the extra ammo, it is not needed. I can usually headshot and kill three guys on a control point. I can almost hold B on shores of time alone for the majority of a match with VoC.

I'm trying to get 5 coins for the Suros but I'm not sure how much I will use it because VoC is that good.

Navy Bean

XboxOne Normal Raid
11pm ET Tonight!
Ideally experienced players looking for an efficient run thru

I'll add a sign-up list here just in case anyone reads this:

1. dmh33
2. iceman829

Wot? VoC is fucking amazing! Do you have the stability upgrade? Screw the extra ammo, it is not needed. I can usually headshot and kill three guys on a control point. I can almost hold B on shores of time alone for the majority of a match with VoC.

It seems I am not that accurate then. I only played one match with it, and I was all hopped up on hate Crucible juice at that point so I might not have given it a chance.

Skirmish is way more tactical and less hectic. I really enjoy it with a good crew.

Most definitely. Hit me up sometime if I'm on and you are trying to get a team together. I'm no PvP master and spend ~15% of my time there, but I usually do well when I'm not focused on some stupid bounty.

Yes, yes, yes. And I wish Control was more about the control than about adding modifiers to kill scoring.

Most definitely to this as well. It's really baffling how limited the modes are. I loved Interrogation mode in The Last of Us because the objective also helped regulate imbalanced teams. Maybe they interrogated your team quickly but then you could camp the lock box and make up lost ground.

All the Destiny modes are terrible at this. The dominant team gets more supers which gives more orbs for more supers so they can get the heavy ammo for more kills and more supers...

So what's the point in leveling Future War Cult when I can buy INT/Discipline gear from the Warlock Vanguard?

Well, you get guaranteed items at Rank 3 for every faction, so that's something. I've gotten 1 Mote and 1 Shard at Rank 3 before, but I've gotten some decent stuff too. My main character has everyone at rank 3 or above. Also, you can spend your Crucible marks there.

I'm trying to get 5 coins for the Suros but I'm not sure how much I will use it because VoC is that good.
I don't think he thinks it's bad. That's the problem.

Edit: My bad. Though that gun is amazing. I thought I would never love something as I thought I would the Suris, had I had it. Now I'm not sure I'll even get it. (of course I will)

On the topic of Crucible, honestly, I like the current loot system.
I know, I know, it's trash, but I like it for a few reasons.
1. An incentive to stay to end of a match that you're obviously going to lose
2. You don't have to do good to get good gear
2a. Doing 100% of damage to Nightfall Phogoth doesn't mean that your teammates can't get any drops from him
3. It's almost like a lottery

Patroclos

Banned
It seems I am not that accurate then. I only played one match with it, and I was all hopped up on hate Crucible juice at that point so I might not have given it a chance.

I wasn't sold either at first but that stability upgrade is amazing. K/D has went up .25 since I dropped Dr. Nope for it.

Wait, maybe I just figured out the problem. It was Dr. Nope all along, Austin!!

Nodnol

Any X1 players want to raid, like now?

No experience needed, we are starting from the beginning. Any one is welcome. Got two spots.

pringles

expanding, destiny's maps have a disappointing lack of power positions. players are encouraged to run around [with shotguns] chasing red blips on their radar rather than fight for control over dominant lines of sight or height advantage. it makes the maps play very linear and flat, which is ironic considering we have more mobility than other shooters, especially Bungie's past games.

There are maps I really like playing on, but their designers have a lot to learn for building future arenas.
Usually the area where control point B is at is a natural power position. Just that there is zero reason for anyone to control it in Skirmish/Clash because the other team has no reason to challenge control for it because why run into battle when you can stay at the outer edges of the map with an icebreaker?

Control B and C on Blind Watch and tell me you don't have a power position. 1 person with decent skill can defend B on First Light for ages with the heigh advantage and sight lines from that building. Same with Bastion. You've got heavy weapon spawning in there and everyone attacking will be funneled into corridors. I could go on. The best maps, like Rusted Lands and Shores of Time are excellently balanced though, to the point where you never feel like the other team has an unbreakable position and you're always moving and the games are intense from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom