• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

I've only ran it twice and always on outside duty. Would like to become familiar with using the Relic and what goes on inside the portals when Antheon teleports.

Edit: PSN is ArkkAngel007.

Most important thing to know about using the relic is your grenade button is the cleanse button. Don not tap it. Hold it for a few seconds so people get get cleansed. Most first time relic holders tap it.

Your attacks are similar to using the sword of crota. Melee button and Shoot button do attacks. You can jump up and hit attack to ground pound. Special shoots out an energy blast.

Quite easy to handle once you know that stuff.

MADGAME

Can you set up one of those for Hard Mode? I got a Titan that hit 29 two days ago, but I don't want to jump in a HM group's game and fuck them up.
I was thinking about this, might have to try and see what happens.

No, a fresh 26
I have a tiny bit of experience in the raid though, and I could def. hold my own
28 is a bit of a high gate though, my level 24 brother can hold his own in Normal ffs
You may have a point, I'm sure most creating alts could hold their own at 24 but newer players going in for the first couple times would probably struggle at that level, no? And isn't the damage output like massively nerfed from a level 24 player to level 28 enemy? I suppose I could drop the level requirement but it's disheartening to get a team together and get in there trying to learn, but it takes several hours to complete due to level disadvantages on top of learning curve.

PS4 (Darryl_M_R
Can I join for tonight. I will be letting an alt raid tonight
Sure

Patroclos

Banned
Running a PS4 Raid on normal tonight for those who are either new, still learning, or having trouble finding a group to run the Raid. Should be starting sometime around 9pm-ish Central US Time.

Please be level 28 with leveled weapons (could let a level 27 in if all your weapons are maxed), otherwise you won't really be effective. There will be no cheesing. Normal mode is not difficult to complete once the encounters become familiar, and cheese in normal mode only gets you a few extra materials anyway. Bungie can potentially patch cheese, so best to learn it the regular way then serve up the cheddar afterwards at your own discretion.

You can join if you are experienced but be aware this is for those on the newer side so it won't be an efficient speed run. Wipes will occur in the usual places as people learn and become familiar with the mechanics of each encounter.

Sign up by replying to the post; PM's become a bit of a hassle for this and PSN messaging is painfully broken. If you are interested but miss this one or can't join, I plan to run more tomorrow and Sunday too.

4 slots available:

McStevens88
Madgame

I'll take a slot if still open, Ive done it 2wice all the way through. Lvl 28 hunter w/ VoC, Icebreaker, Pradyth's revenge.

PSN; Dienekes21

Deku Tree

Running a PS4 Raid on normal tonight for those who are either new, still learning, or having trouble finding a group to run the Raid. Should be starting sometime around 9pm-ish Central US Time.

Please be level 28 with leveled weapons (could let a level 27 in if all your weapons are maxed), otherwise you won't really be effective. There will be no cheesing. Normal mode is not difficult to complete once the encounters become familiar, and cheese in normal mode only gets you a few extra materials anyway. Bungie can potentially patch cheese, so best to learn it the regular way then serve up the cheddar afterwards at your own discretion.

You can join if you are experienced but be aware this is for those on the newer side so it won't be an efficient speed run. Wipes will occur in the usual places as people learn and become familiar with the mechanics of each encounter.

Sign up by replying to the post; PM's become a bit of a hassle for this and PSN messaging is painfully broken. If you are interested but miss this one or can't join, I plan to run more tomorrow and Sunday too.

4 slots available:

McStevens88
Madgame

Your work in taking RAID newcomers through it is admirable.

You may have a point, I'm sure most creating alts could hold their own at 24 but newer players going in for the first couple times would probably struggle at that level, no? And isn't the damage output like massively nerfed from a level 24 player to level 28 enemy? I suppose I could drop the level requirement but it's disheartening to get a team together and get in there trying to learn, but it takes several hours to complete due to level disadvantages on top of learning curve.
Most of the enemies in the normal are 26
Also, it was his first time raiding(brother and I don't share characters)
He did good damage, destroyed Oracles and whatnot
He also didn't take massive damage from enemies
I could dominate on Normal, IMO
Would love to join and you could kick me if I suck
Gotta go for a bit as I catch bus

zarnold56

4 slots available:

McStevens88
Madgame

I would like to get in on this. Done up to the Templer. Level 27 Sunsinger, close to 28. Have maxed out primary weapon. Can most likely get to 28 if I get a couple more shards before the run. Zarnold56 is PSN

MADGAME

I've only ran it twice and always on outside duty. Would like to become familiar with using the Relic (not a requirement of mine) and what goes on inside the portals when Antheon teleports. May as well figure all the ins and outs.

Edit: PSN is ArkkAngel007. Lvl 29 Gunslinger. Primaries: Fully Upgraded Vanquisher VIII/SUROS; Special: Ice Breaker lacking the last 3 dmg upgrades; Heavy: Fully upgraded Hezen Vengence and a ZAWF47 Machine Gun (Void) lacking the last 3 DMG upgrades.
Missed your post, sorry. No problem.

I'll take a slot if still open, Ive done it 2wice all the way through. Lvl 28 hunter w/ VoC, Icebreaker, Pradyth's revenge.PSN; Dienekes21

Sounds good.

1 more spot, may potentially run 2 tonight.

McStevens88
Madgame
Darryl_M_R
ArkkAngel007
Patroclos

Patroclos

Banned

I think it's pretty cool how the community has come together in spite of limited tools offered by Bungie. I love the new Raid Guide role that a lot of Gaffers have taken on. Very cool and makes me love being a part of Gaf.

Temidien

Neo Member
You are correct. You only get more loot if you run it on another character or if you do Hard mode. You can get the following drops once per week, per character. In order:

Normal
1.) Ass Mat Chest after opening front door
2.) Beat Oracles: Loot drop, potential raid loot
3.) Beat Templar: Loot drop, potential raid loot
4.) Ass Mat Chest in secret passage if Templar never teleports (saw an Exotic drop 1x from this chest)
5.) Left side Gorgon chest: ass mats, class armor, and occasional exotic weapon
6.) Right side Gorgon chest: only ever seen ass mats
7.) Beat Gatekeepers: Loot drop, potential raid loot
8.) Beat Atheon: Loot drop, potential raid loot

Hard (if done after normal)
1.) Beat Oracles: Loot drop, potential raid loot
2.) Beat Templar: Loot drop, potential raid loot
3.) Left side Gorgon chest: ass mats, class armor, and occasional exotic weapon
4.) Beat Gatekeepers: Loot drop, potential raid loot
5.) Beat Atheon: Loot drop, potential raid loot

You get all these loot drops in one run if you do Hard mode first. I don't think the secret chest has another drop on Hard but maybe I forgot. There's also supposedly another chest in the jumping puzzle that spawns if you kill a Gorgon then make it through without wiping, but I haven't tried it yet.

Best breakdown of raid loot per difficulty I've seen so far. Will definitely use this in the future, thank you!

Most important thing to know about using the relic is your grenade button is the cleanse button. Don not tap it. Hold it for a few seconds so people get get cleansed. Most first time relic holders tap it.

Your attacks are similar to using the sword of crota. Melee button and Shoot button do attacks. You can jump up and hit attack to ground pound. Special shoots out an energy blast.

Quite easy to handle once you know that stuff.

I was able to learn that much in regards to cleanse when the last group I joined with cheesed the Templar and I, lacking the right grenades/abilities as a Gunslinger, stayed on cleanse duty.

But I have no idea what really goes on inside the portals for Antheon, so figure this would be a good chance to learn about all of that and get a feel for it before and if Bungie does the RNG system in regards to the Antheon fight. Plus I'd like to have the flexibility instead of just shooting at Supplicants.

SaintR

Any tips for the Thorn bounty's 500 points Crucible portion?

I HATE Crucible... But want the Thorn so damn bad!

Played my first three games only at like 30ish.

Voidwalker running Atheons Epilogue/Void Hide&Seek or light beware/Void Unfriendly Giant

I'm getting destroyed :

Might be late on answering but in control you can crouch and camp zones you've already taken for a few quick multi kills and then run with teammates cause you will get killed for camping too long

nowai

PSA about resetting a heroic story mission:
When selecting a story mission, there is an option to resume [X] or reset [square]. This will work if you keep it at the normal difficulty. If you want to reset on heroic difficulty, you will need to press square again (not X) when choosing said difficulty. This is not obvious because the game does not display the "Press resume [X] or reset [square]" text when hovering over the heroic difficulty boxes. If done correctly, the game will ask you if you're sure you want to lose your previous check point before launching. People were wasting time starting a normal difficulty story mission, going back to orbit, then starting the same mission on heroic. It's the game's fault for not making this more intuitive.

Thank you based Stanton!

I didn't know you had to press the button again at the difficulty select as well! Was driving me crazy being seemingly random when the game decided to keep my checkpoint or not.

Deku Tree

You are correct. You only get more loot if you run it on another character or if you do Hard mode. You can get the following drops once per week, per character. In order:

Normal
1.) Ass Mat Chest after opening front door
2.) Beat Oracles: Loot drop, potential raid loot
3.) Beat Templar: Loot drop, potential raid loot
4.) Ass Mat Chest in secret passage if Templar never teleports (saw an Exotic drop 1x from this chest)
5.) Left side Gorgon chest: ass mats, class armor, and occasional exotic weapon
6.) Right side Gorgon chest: only ever seen ass mats
7.) Beat Gatekeepers: Loot drop, potential raid loot
8.) Beat Atheon: Loot drop, potential raid loot

Hard (if done after normal)
1.) Beat Oracles: Loot drop, potential raid loot
2.) Beat Templar: Loot drop, potential raid loot
3.) Left side Gorgon chest: ass mats, class armor, and occasional exotic weapon
4.) Beat Gatekeepers: Loot drop, potential raid loot
5.) Beat Atheon: Loot drop, potential raid loot

You get all these loot drops in one run if you do Hard mode first. I don't think the secret chest has another drop on Hard but maybe I forgot. There's also supposedly another chest in the jumping puzzle that spawns if you kill a Gorgon then make it through without wiping, but I haven't tried it yet.

Is there any proof of that?

MADGAME

Thanks Deku,better for the game overall and fun too.

Most of the enemies in the normal are 26
Also, it was his first time raiding(brother and I don't share characters)
He did good damage, destroyed Oracles and whatnot
He also didn't take massive damage from enemies
I could dominate on Normal, IMO
Would love to join and you could kick me if I suck
Gotta go for a bit as I catch bus
Tell you what, I'll run 2 and get you on the 2nd one. I won't kick you, we will either do it or not. From my own experiences though of doing several of these already with newer folks, the level most certainly makes a difference. I will admit I may be underestimating your skills and if that is the case then I will eat my words!

I would like to get in on this. Done up to the Templer. Level 27 Sunsinger, close to 28. Have maxed out primary weapon. Can most likely get to 28 if I get a couple more shards before the run. Zarnold56 is PSN
Okay, you make 6

TURBO1112

Have decided that since RnG hates, IM going to make another and just make it another warlock. Gonna get it to 20, then just transfer gear over and be instantly 29. Have 2 goes at the raid. Determine to get to 30. I will not give up.

joecanada

I think it's pretty cool how the community has come together in spite of limited tools offered by Bungie. I love the new Raid Guide role that a lot of Gaffers have taken on. Very cool and makes me love being a part of Gaf.

Agreed , kudos to those who have been more than helpful here. I have only seen a few posts here from people complaining about "noobs in raids" and "don't bother if you don't know what you are doing" and that's great.

Best breakdown of raid loot per difficulty I've seen so far. Will definitely use this in the future, thank you!

I've spent more time raiding than I would care to admit, haha. Happy to help.

Is there any proof of that?

No proof that I'm aware of, but I've seen Youtube videos that had a picture of the chest spawned in the jumping puzzle cave. The requirements for it to spawn are speculation as far as I know, but someone on my team has always gotten spotted so I haven't personally tested it yet.

joecanada

I need to figure out a non-verbal communication method lol.

Point = Yes
Wave = No
Dance = I'm faster at the jumping puzzle than Thirsty.

On a related note, I have started pointing at chests in games and it has worked really well so I encourage others to do this too... If I see other people in the game farming chests on Mars or something I follow them and start pointing... then usually I will split up and hit different locations once they are down with the system.
This has worked on many occasions where we will have a group of 2-3 people all looking for chests simultaneously and pointing out all the resources...

Of course better if you add them and do mission too and combine kills/exp, but if you are just doing a quick run then
- point at chest
- wave when done and for a quick "thanks, bye"

these point, wave, dance options are actually really great in a social game, they should add a couple more lol.

Was looking for raid but now I'm just trying to knock out some weekly heroic 3 times (for all my alt) if you are at least level 27 join me (Darryl_M_R)

Iceman829

I was able to learn that much in regards to cleanse when the last group I joined with cheesed the Templar and I, lacking the right grenades/abilities as a Gunslinger, stayed on cleanse duty.

But I have no idea what really goes on inside the portals for Antheon, so figure this would be a good chance to learn about all of that and get a feel for it before and if Bungie does the RNG system in regards to the Antheon fight. Plus I'd like to have the flexibility instead of just shooting at Supplicants.

It's quite simple and I would recommend going through the portals during the gatekeeper section if you haven't as well.

For Aethon fight. 3 dudes ported into zone. 1 grabs relic other are shooting oracles.
Relic holders job is to cleanse and kill the mobs in the area. If they require assistance (usually on venus) a rocket or grenades usually help.

Mars - Hobgoblins
Venus - Goblins and a Minotaur

People on oracle duty should stay close to one another so you can cleanse as needed and continue to move down the stairs.

When exiting through the portal always done best at a walk (maybe? this glitches often). If you don't teleport but actually just walk through. Just go through again from the correct side. Usually if I am relic holder I will go through first and pop cleanse so the team walking out behind me is cleansed right away. Then the normal meet up in the middle while you bubble shield the team until 3 seconds.

I think that covers most of it. If you need any clarification I'll feel free to do my best. Last 30 minutes of work is quiet.

TURBO1112

To the guys posting about putting together a xbox Raid, I can most of the time too. Im a level 29 warlock and hunter. Have a few friends at 30 also.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
tonight's feeling like one of those nights i'm gonna have to plan out what I want to accomplish or i'll just spin in circles

i'm thinkinnng

1. *nap* i love naps
2. groggy spirit bloom farming to get hawkmoon its final upgrade filled.
3. Skirmish -> I got an itch for some skirmish matches, will be looking for a team here
4. get my Warlock to Vanguard 2 and thus 26
5. Run a Weekly 26 on my Warlock
6. Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Help Service
7. Rumble until I lose consciousness

if anyone's interested in joining up for any bits of this just watch this thread as i'll ask here for each new thing.

now to just make it through the rest of the workday somehow

MADGAME

I'd be up for a hard raid if you do it. I consider myself a fellow Raid Guide (29 clears), haha.

I would be interested also. you definitely more experienced than I, I'm certainly not a Raid whiz by any stretch. I am nearing the point of running normal without dying aside from some Gatekeeper flukes and Gorgon gazes. Hard mode however, I feel my skills need improvement and most of the times I play I feel most of the others on the team are stronger players. I need to make a few modifications to my tools and tactics depending on what I'm doing. I have legitimately completed all encounters on Hard except for Atheon.

If anyone on Xbox One is doing normal raid tomorrow evening, I'd be down. Haven't raided before in Destiny. 28 titan, gear sets for defender and striker.

GT: Rex Griswold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom