• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what combat rating is and how it's calculated?

A week and a half ago K/D was at 1.4 ><

xEN9VwU.jpg

ocean

Banned
So what's the point in leveling Future War Cult when I can buy INT/Discipline gear from the Warlock Vanguard?
If you're in a hurry for rep with an alt, selecting a faction funnels Crucible and Vanguard rep so you can level it faster if you play a lot of PvP.

On the topic of Crucible, honestly, I like the current loot system.
I know, I know, it's trash, but I like it for a few reasons.
1. An incentive to stay to end of a match that you're obviously going to lose
2. You don't have to do good to get good gear
2a. Doing 100% of damage to Nightfall Phogoth doesn't mean that your teammates can't get any drops from him
3. It's almost like a lottery

It's important to keep loot drops random in PvE modes because otherwise you would encourage competition between players when it's supposed to be cooperative. However, there should be some minimum level of kills to qualify, in order to discourage afk campers in strike playlists. If I have 60 kills and another guy has 3, he should be blocked from good loot.

For PvP, I'm fine with the random drops but they should supplement it with guaranteed drops for good performance. Like you get 100k medal score on your character, you get legendary or exotic engram in the mail. Something to encourage good play.

MADGAME

Running a PS4 Raid on normal tonight for those who are either new, still learning, or having trouble finding a group to run the Raid. Should be starting sometime around 9pm-ish Central US Time.

Please be level 28 with leveled weapons (could let a level 27 in if all your weapons are maxed), otherwise you won't really be effective. There will be no cheesing. Normal mode is not difficult to complete once the encounters become familiar, and cheese in normal mode only gets you a few extra materials anyway. Bungie can potentially patch cheese, so best to learn it the regular way then serve up the cheddar afterwards at your own discretion.

You can join if you are experienced but be aware this is for those on the newer side so it won't be an efficient speed run. Wipes will occur in the usual places as people learn and become familiar with the mechanics of each encounter.

Sign up by replying to the post; PM's become a bit of a hassle for this and PSN messaging is painfully broken. If you are interested but miss this one or can't join, I plan to run more tomorrow and Sunday too.

4 slots available:

McStevens88
Madgame

dengatron

Post nerf suros hitting for 37 instead of 45 makes is way easier for me to say that unupgraded suros critting for 28 at a much higher rate of fire is probably much better for dps in pvp if you can head shot. Someone else test this theory with me.

NastyBook

Running a PS4 Raid on normal tonight for those who are either new, still learning, or having trouble finding a group to run the Raid. Should be starting sometime around 9pm-ish Central US Time.

Please be level 28 with leveled weapons (could let a level 27 in if all your weapons are maxed), otherwise you won't really be effective. There will be no cheesing. Normal mode is not difficult to complete once the encounters become familiar, and cheese in normal mode only gets you a few extra materials anyway. Bungie can potentially patch cheese, so best to learn it the regular way then serve up the cheddar afterwards at your own discretion.

You can join if you are experienced but be aware this is for those on the newer side so it won't be an efficient speed run. Wipes will occur in the usual places as people learn and become familiar with the mechanics of each encounter.

Sign up by replying to the post; PM's become a bit of a hassle for this and PSN messaging is painfully broken. If you are interested but miss this one or can't join, I plan to run more tomorrow and Sunday too.

4 slots available:

McStevens88
Madgame
Can you set up one of those for Hard Mode? I got a Titan that hit 29 two days ago, but I don't want to jump in a HM group's game and fuck them up.

This is a good post

What console? I might be able to get a group together in 45 minutes to an hour from now

PS4 (Darryl_M_R

4 slots available:

McStevens88
Madgame
Can I join for tonight. I will be letting an alt raid tonight

Daemul

The lag in PvP is fucking horrific. I'm trying to do the Crucible part of the Thorn exotic bounty, but the lag is fucking ruining everything. I'm hitting guys at point blank range with my 77 Wizard, and their health doesn't go down at all, then they proceed to kill me, only for them to walk away and then go down 5 seconds later.

I don't have the patience to deal with this nonsense. Bungie fix your shit.

Stantron

PSA about resetting a heroic story mission:
When selecting a story mission, there is an option to resume [X] or reset [square]. This will work if you keep it at the normal difficulty. If you want to reset on heroic difficulty, you will need to press square again (not X) when choosing said difficulty. This is not obvious because the game does not display the "Press resume [X] or reset [square]" text when hovering over the heroic difficulty boxes. If done correctly, the game will ask you if you're sure you want to lose your previous check point before launching. People were wasting time starting a normal difficulty story mission, going back to orbit, then starting the same mission on heroic. It's the game's fault for not making this more intuitive.

I haven't played a bunch of matches but why do you get so few points for actually "controlling" a zone? Seems that most kills still wins out which is silly.

I think the game doesn't explain this clearly enough, but Control is not the same as Domination. Controlling a point is a MODIFIER to the amount of points your team gets for each kill. So even though controlling points is important, kills are even more so and are the main form of scoring. This is why it annoys me when my teammates throw themselves at one heavily defended point trying to cap it when we're already holding two. Capping that one point is not worth the amount of deaths you're going to give up for taking it (especially when it leaves your other points open).

Gaf, what's your favorite Control map?
Rusted Lands for me, love the....I don't know, feel to the map.

Firebase Delphi. The shit that goes down at B on that map is ridiculous and I love it.

realcZk

PSA about resetting a heroic story mission:
When selecting a story mission, there is an option to resume [X] or reset [square]. This will work if you keep it at the normal difficulty. If you want to reset on heroic difficulty, you will need to press square again (not X) when choosing said difficulty. This is not obvious because the game does not display the "Press resume [X] or reset [square]" text when hovering over the heroic difficulty boxes. If done correctly, the game will ask you if you're sure you want to lose your previous check point before launching. People were wasting time starting a normal difficulty story mission, going back to orbit, then starting the same mission on heroic. It's the game's fault for not making this more intuitive.

Haha, always wondered why this wouldn't work on heroic. Thanks.

Insaniac

so has bungie ever discussed the possiblity of allowing trading at some point? I really wish I could share some gear I find with my brother and vice versa (IE The Last Word I got for him while doing the raid :( )

4 slots available:

McStevens88
Madgame

I've only ran it twice and always on outside duty. Would like to become familiar with using the Relic (not a requirement of mine) and what goes on inside the portals when Antheon teleports. May as well figure all the ins and outs.

Edit: PSN is ArkkAngel007. Lvl 29 Gunslinger. Primaries: Fully Upgraded Vanquisher VIII/SUROS; Special: Ice Breaker lacking the last 3 dmg upgrades; Heavy: Fully upgraded Hezen Vengence and a ZAWF47 Machine Gun (Void) lacking the last 3 DMG upgrades.

funkypie

Banned
what the hell.

destiny is telling me I can't do any content that requires a PS plus account. Even though I have one and the plus icon is clearly marked next to my name.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
what the hell.

destiny is telling me I can't do any content that requires a PS plus account. Even though I have one and the plus icon is clearly marked next to my name.

Power off PS4, restart system then game, it's a bug

realcZk

what the hell.

I got this error before, you have to completely exit Destiny and relaunch it. If that doesn't work, go to Settings -> PSN and rebuild licenses, then relaunch worked for me.

This is a good post

What console? I might be able to get a group together in 45 minutes to an hour from now

PS4 (Darryl_M_R

4 slots available:

McStevens88
Madgame
Can I join for tonight. PSN: Darryl_M_R

Temidien

Neo Member
Alright guys, need some advice. I have an alt Titan I just leveled to 20 and immediately equipped with a legendary armor piece and an exotic, so he's been bumped to 23. I basically rushed through missions to get to 20 so I haven't invested any time into farming faction rep.

What's my best option for getting more legendary armor to get myself to 26-27 territory for running raid. Weapon-wise I'm set with leveled legendaries and exotics from my primary Hunter.

Sanchito

4 slots available:

McStevens88
Madgame

Oh man, I wish you were doing this now! I actually have a few hours right now to give the raid a try.

I don't think that's right.

Last week I ran the Normal Raid front to back on Tuesday. Tried to Run the Hard Raid on the following Monday. I couldn't interact with any chests there.

You are correct. You only get more loot if you run it on another character or if you do Hard mode. You can get the following drops once per week, per character. In order:

Normal
1.) Ass Mat Chest after opening front door
2.) Beat Oracles: Loot drop, potential raid loot
3.) Beat Templar: Loot drop, potential raid loot
4.) Ass Mat Chest in secret passage if Templar never teleports (saw an Exotic drop 1x from this chest)
5.) Left side Gorgon chest: ass mats, class armor, and occasional exotic weapon
6.) Right side Gorgon chest: only ever seen ass mats
7.) Beat Gatekeepers: Loot drop, potential raid loot
8.) Beat Atheon: Loot drop, potential raid loot

Hard (if done after normal)
1.) Beat Oracles: Loot drop, potential raid loot
2.) Beat Templar: Loot drop, potential raid loot
3.) Left side Gorgon chest: ass mats, class armor, and occasional exotic weapon
4.) Beat Gatekeepers: Loot drop, potential raid loot
5.) Beat Atheon: Loot drop, potential raid loot

You get all these loot drops in one run if you do Hard mode first. I don't think the secret chest has another drop on Hard but maybe I forgot. There's also supposedly another chest in the jumping puzzle that spawns if you kill a Gorgon then make it through without wiping, but I haven't tried it yet.

what the hell.

I think all I had to do to fix that was back out to PSN home and close out the Destiny app. Then just start Destiny back up. If you've never closed an app before, when highlighting Destiny on the PSN home screen, hit the Options button and I believe it's the top choice in the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom