• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

Finally beat the Hard raid last night, really nice feeling lol. I got the legendary sparrow, warlock chest and of course energy/chatterwhite but I'm just glad to have done it. Nobody got the Vex though smh. I'm gonna try really hard to make time to get in some Iron Banner next week, but FFXIV patch is dropping then...I'll make time.

AngerdX

I know you posted that an hour ago but...

I am doing the daily 28 in a few minutes. I haven't logged on yet, but I will be on in two minutes.

Ps4 dekubleep

If anyone wants to do the daily 28 now just join my fireteam.

You still doing this or is it over, doing it myself in a sec.

Feel free to add me Psn: AengerdX

ValeYard

Just banged our heads against the raid bit just before Atheon in the throne room on hard for two hours again. All level 29 and two 30s but no luck. Do you think with the DLC 30 armor will drop in normal play? In the normal raid I just keep getting shardded :(

Iron Banner will have some 30 gear next week apparently, but I think I killed RNGesus' pet in a past life, so am not feeling like wasting more of my time waiting for random numbers to be in my favor.

fully upgraded my atheon's prophecy, vision of confluence, a sniper rifle and all my armor.

now i just gotta hope for raid arms and helmet and level up my gjallarhorn and i'll be on my way to 30 with all 300 dmg weaponry.

Iron Banner will have some 30 gear next week apparently, but I think I killed RNGesus' pet in a past life, so am not feeling like wasting more of my time waiting for random numbers to be in my favor.

Whaaat? Fuck yes! I hope I can get to level 30 without doing the raid over and over. That shit gets boring...

I mostly play PvP anyway.

dengatron

Light beware is pretty decent but the final rest 2 I got from dead orbit while attempting to get sharers is insane. Charge is almost instant. Goes off faster than found verdict. Also finally got bittersteel. Looks okay on a raid geared titan.

B01QFTgIEAAALbH.jpg:orig

That's not a fair comparison though. There's a big difference between limited situational use of a blue and having two weapon slots occupied by blue through the entire raid because you have no other guns or you left them in the vault. There's no excuse for that if you are asking people to help on hard raid.

Also, a legendary/exotic fusion rifle or machine gun would be much better for the detain shields. A blue might be serviceable but there are still plenty of better options, and detain shields are pretty low on the list of hard raid concerns.

Sure, but at the time, someone inspected my player and commented on the blue rifle. I'm just pointing out that you don't know what else someone may have in their inventory. I can't imagine going into a raid without any purple and golds, but with some elements being more useful than others, and only one exotic at a time, sometimes it's hard to have the perfect loadout of 300's. Also, I thought we were talking raids in general, not just hard. Are people really asking for help on hard without any legendary and exotic weapons?

Lakitu

st5fu
My friend just played the raid for the first time and he has no idea how lucky he just got. He got three raid weapons and the gauntlets. My sister got nothing, but shards and energy.

Pretty much the same for me, RNGesus doesn't like me. And I don't like it, either. Had fun playing the raid but honestly, I'm getting tired of it.

Deku Tree

Did it on my main. My 27 Warlock still hasn't if you don't mind a slight carry.

Sorry I missed you. I think you left and then two other people jumped in... And then the mission glitches and ended early and gave us our ass mats. Weird. Maybe lunlun below wants to go through it with you though. Next time...

I haven't done it yet today. Can I join you? I need to do it 3 times on all my characters.

Deku Tree

Ok now I am leveling my level 10 Titan alt.. going through the story missions quickly, and maybe doing bounties of needed to level up.

Ps4 dekubleep

If anyone wants to do the similar thing please join me.

AngerdX

Hate myself for asking but anyone around that could push atheon of for me on normal for my alt, got stuck at the last checkpoint and finding ppl to just do that fight seems impossibble. :/

Wrote, I've not been as angry at a game as I am trying to get these fucking Void kills in the Crucible for the Thorn bounty. Every death nor make me furious because I know I'm backsliding. This is going to take forever and give me an ulcer. Who thought this was fun?

deafmedal

Hate myself for asking but anyone around that could push atheon of for me on normal for my alt, got stuck at the last checkpoint and finding ppl to just do that fight seems impossibble. :/

we just lost one right before gatekeepers, interested? no cheese tho :p
PSN deafmedal

Dante316

Wrote, I've not been as angry at a game as I am trying to get these fucking Void kills in the Crucible for the Thorn bounty. Every death nor make me furious because I know I'm backsliding. This is going to take forever and give me an ulcer. Who thought this was fun?

Me.., it was easy for me, I always stayed where heavy ammo spawned , void rocket launcher town, void fusion rifle n or void shotty

Lakitu

st5fu

What void weapons do you have? I ran with a void sniper, played it very very cautious, tried to avoid getting killed (even as far to run away from situations) and used heavy weapon ammo on my void machine gun. But yes, it's straight up bullshit and I hated every minute of it. Took me around 6 hours altogether.

To be honest, part of me thinks I should just drop Destiny for now.

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone on PS3 that can knock Atheon off of the edge? My system still locks up during the fight so it's my best shot at loot from the encounter. Any help would be appreciated. I have the checkpoint on two characters.

Forrest_Crump

I can literally do anything else in game. Just Atheon and gatekeepers that lock my system up, so I can help run dailies, weekly's, nightfalls, etc. in exchange.

EL CUCO

So I took the Thorn out for a walk around the Raid this afternoon.

On Praetorians, after taking off their shields, It puts them down with in about 5-6 shots. Which sadly, is the whole clip. The slow reload speed obligates you to use grenades and supers very wisely because you definitely need to supplement for that reload. You could get overrun fast.

Shooting felt pretty effective but I had to swap it out about halfway through the Templar encounter. It needs a serious ammo clip buff, quicker reload buff...or both.

I'm determined to run through a complete Raid with it, Post buff though. Maybe even pre-buff since it feels like using it is honing my skills.

Hoodbury

Ok now I am leveling my level 10 Titan alt.. going through the story missions quickly, and maybe doing bounties of needed to level up.

Ps4 dekubleep

If anyone wants to do the similar thing please join me.
I'll join on my warlock alt. Already have you as a friend.

Frenden

Banned
Hawkian, I just realized I earned enough motes to gamble on the gauntlet engram from Xur. All I want for Destiny-mas is Ahamkara's Spine, Xur...

Airgetlam

So, I got a legendary engram from the crucible and it turned out to be the Universal Remote exotic shotgun. Is it still worth leveling after the shotgun nerf?

What void weapons do you have? I ran with a void sniper, played it very very cautious, tried to avoid getting killed (even as far to run away from situations) and used heavy weapon ammo on my void machine gun. But yes, it's straight up bullshit and I hated every minute of it. Took me around 6 hours altogether.

To be honest, part of me thinks I should just drop Destiny for now.
Void Rocket Launcher and Machine Gun, Shotty and Fusion Rifle. But I'm awful with the FR, and not great with the Shotty.

Fake edit: fucking fuck this fucking bounty, I'm done. Just lost all my progress from last game because I can't hit shit with a FR at distance and it was a long distance map.

Get a void sniper, play control, hope for Venus, and camp on the structures behind B and C or on the columns near A facing B. Yes, it's a dick move, but you'll rack up points like there's no tomorrow. Was how I got it done.

edit: I feel ur pain. I literally (just a few minutes ago) ran the Xyor strike with another gaffer and killed Phogoth instead of waiting for Xyor. Fuck this bounty man. So much work for arguably the worst exotic hand cannone

Void Rocket Launcher and Machine Gun, Shotty and Fusion Rifle. But I'm awful with the FR, and not great with the Shotty.

Fake edit: fucking fuck this fucking bounty, I'm done. Just lost all my progress from last game because I can't hit shit with a FR at distance and it was a long distance map.

If you wait around till rumble comes back you can get some friends and form a fire team then let them run to you for easy kills while you camp somewhere. Takes some of the accomplishment out of it, but it would make it easier. I'm trying to help a friend finish it this way.

If you are on ps4 and want to try it this way later my psn is greyblade and I'd be glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom