• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem935

Banned
Thank goodness you can buy legendaries from your faction and crucible salesman. Without those shards I would be nowhere right now.

Yaari

Void Rocket Launcher and Machine Gun, Shotty and Fusion Rifle. But I'm awful with the FR, and not great with the Shotty.

Fake edit: fucking fuck this fucking bounty, I'm done. Just lost all my progress from last game because I can't hit shit with a FR at distance and it was a long distance map.

I still think FR is the easiest way of getting it, but you definitely need one with a reasonable charge rate. I used a Purifier VII for this and it worked very well.

For long distance maps where you know you won't be able to hit anyone, I guess a sniper is a good option. But for the medium maps with long open spots, I'd just avoid the long distance areas.

The trick with the FR is predicting your enemy, so you really need to use your radar. You will never kill anyone if you start charging when he is in sight, so you have to learn to start doing it before they come around the corner.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hawkian, you left the Heroic Strike?

my internet cut out completely! i came right back on and you were off destiny? :( mazre and I completed it with fixed... really sorry about that :-/
Hawkian, I just realized I earned enough motes to gamble on the gauntlet engram from Xur. All I want for Destiny-mas is Ahamkara's Spine, Xur...
good luck. he made it happen for me first try.... it's glorious.
I GOT IT! I GOT IT! PRAISE BE TO RNG, I NOW HAVE A SPINE.

My Plan C will like this very much. VERY much.
oh shit! he loves us.

just got the exotic bounty that lets me get bad juju. Didn't realize what I was doing when I clicked ok. Was fucking around on my phone....

does anyone have it? I'm alright with pulse rifles, is it decent?

ThisOne

So is it recommended to not upgrade the Suros Regime if I primarily will use it for PVP? That increased damage but slower fire rate while zoomed has me a little worried.

just got the exotic bounty that lets me get bad juju. Didn't realize what I was doing when I clicked ok. Was fucking around on my phone....

It's great for cannon fodder once you get string of curses, but anything tougher takes too long to kill due to the low impact and small clip. I really like it though and am hoping it receives some love from bungie in their patch for exotics they keep saying is coming.

The 25 strikes part is a drag, but the 10k points is super easy to get since there isn't a penalty for dying in the crucible.

It also looks really cool >.>

recks

It's worse than legendary pulse rifles imo.

Legends says that one day it will be buffed though.

So not to alarm anyone but...

We're about to reach this threads end, and Dax has been MIA. We need to start coming up with new titles...

Also, if Dax is still MIA by the end of this thread, I vote Hawkian to start the next one.

Yaari

So is it recommended to not upgrade the Suros Regime if I primarily will use it for PVP? That increased damage but slower fire rate while zoomed has me a little worried.

Opinions on that are mixed. Some say it easier to get headshots, others hate it. I'm not sure what I will be doing. Maybe I'll keep it as it is until Xur comes back again, can't be long until I don't know what to do with my coins.

ocean

Banned

We're about to reach this threads end, and Dax has been MIA. We need to start coming up with new titles...

Also, if Dax is still MIA by the end of this thread, I vote Hawkian to start the next one.

Think it's been decided that Hawkian's doing OT9. I think our OT'ing rate is making GAF history! We are Legend.

It's pretty crappy right now. Supposed buff someday.
Mine as well do it. Unless your working on something else.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Thx! She already asked me to take care of it. I hope I have tonight to work on it some or it's gonna start out as a copypasta :p

but seriously more title ideas

current frontrunner would be

Destiny |OT9| Try To Catch Me Raidin' Dirty

in light of the upcoming but apparently delayed hotfix patch

they see you cheesin
they hatin

Void Rocket Launcher and Machine Gun, Shotty and Fusion Rifle. But I'm awful with the FR, and not great with the Shotty.

Fake edit: fucking fuck this fucking bounty, I'm done. Just lost all my progress from last game because I can't hit shit with a FR at distance and it was a long distance map.
If you're playing bastion, just stick to point A or C and defend it. Or you join the clusterfuck at point B and you'll likely get some kills.

If it was first light then just run between points A and C

If you were playing clash, then you're doing it wrong.

HighOnPCP

Having a 2nd character is kinda tedious, at least when it comes to doing the bounties (which I will only do until I have both my classes fully upgraded)
On the bright side, I did the Nightfall on my alt and got another Suros. I didn't wanna buy one this time around but felt I needed a second one, now I got it cool.

blackjaw

It's horrible, takes forever to down anything.

Really needs a buff because it's one of the coolest looking guns in the game.

Slamo

Any kind soul wanna let me get atheons hard mode checkpoint?

PSN id: jeanbodin

Level 30 warlock here if you need cheesing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i can't imagine having done that void kill bounty anywhere but rumble. took me 7 matches and honestly I enjoyed it. didn't have to worry about weighing down my team, though after a few matches doing really well with 77 wizard I did play some clash and did reasonably, >1 k/d

zlatko

Banned
If anyone has hard raid Atheon checkpoint that I could have on my Titan on PSN that'd be great.

PS4

PSN ID, OutlawOcelot

I would be forever grateful.

Thx! She already asked me to take care of it. I hope I have tonight to work on it some or it's gonna start out as a copypasta :p

they see you cheesin
they hatin

I'm a queen fan so

I was born to Cheese you
It's a kind of Cheesin
Cheese on Two Legs(Dedicated to...)
Don't Cheese me now
Cheesed By You

phen0m24

Guys? I SOMEHOW made it to the last checkpoint in the 28 Weekly Heroic with my 25 1/2 warlock. I want to get this done before Xur goes away. Would anyone like to jump in and help me out?

I would greatly appreciate it.

My PSN is ColonelOCorn

It's great for cannon fodder once you get string of curses, but anything tougher takes too long to kill due to the low impact and small clip. I really like it though and am hoping it receives some love from bungie in their patch for exotics they keep saying is coming.

The 25 strikes part is a drag, but the 10k points is super easy to get since there isn't a penalty for dying in the crucible.

It also looks really cool >.>

It's worse than legendary pulse rifles imo.

Legends says that one day it will be buffed though.

It's pretty crappy right now. Supposed buff someday.
Mine as well do it. Unless your working on something else.

It's horrible, takes forever to down anything.

Really needs a buff because it's one of the coolest looking guns in the game.

thanks for the replies. I'm only 26, so I've got a while before I'd need it for VoG.

Another question: For VoG, I assume the lowest level (based on replies around here) should be 28 before attempting on normal

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm up for raid, either normal or hard, nightfall, or weekly strike on PS4. I'm a lvl 29 warlock.

PSN: ShadowKayos

todd360

they see you cheesin
they hatin

Destiny |OT9| Everyone gets a praxic fire except Todd

Destiny|OT9| Todd is a level 29 flawless raider

Destiny |OT9| fig the guardian lord

thanks for the replies. I'm only 26, so I've got a while before I'd need it for VoG.

Another question: For VoG, I assume the lowest level (based on replies around here) should be 28 before attempting on normal

28 is nice for a first timer, but 27 is definitely doable. 27 is more than enough for a VoG veteran who has fully upgraded weapons and is running with other expirienced players.

Some enemies go up to lvl 28.

Lima

Lol some 29's asked for help because they have been stuck on gatekeepers for two hours. Took my two other 30 mates in and we cleared that shit and killed Atheon in 10 minutes. Man it's ridiculous how easy the hard raid is at lvl 30. I really liked how intense it was when I was still 29.

Destiny |OT9| Anyone got anymore of those hard checkpoints?

Destiny |OT9| It's will be |OT10| before the next patch

Destiny |OT9| Preditorian's in my ass

Lol some 29's asked for help because they have been stuck on gatekeepers for two hours. Took my two other 30 mates in and we cleared that shit and killed Atheon in 10 minutes. Man it's ridiculous how easy the hard raid is at lvl 30. I really liked how intense it was when I was still 29.

You can always put on some armor to make yourself 29 again. I'd rather beat it in 10 minutes, I'm going to get shards anyway.

joecanada

If you're playing bastion, just stick to point A or C and defend it. Or you join the clusterfuck at point B and you'll likely get some kills.

If it was first light then just run between points A and C

If you were playing clash, then you're doing it wrong.

Yeah it's pretty dumb I'm running voidwalker and got up to 107 points but you pretty much have to quit out if your team sucks cuz you will lose points like nobodies business. Although I was doing it with no void secondary so I may try get a sniper from the weaponsmith or something... Yeah its a weird bounty you have to be real selfish

Sure, but at the time, someone inspected my player and commented on the blue rifle. I'm just pointing out that you don't know what else someone may have in their inventory. I can't imagine going into a raid without any purple and golds, but with some elements being more useful than others, and only one exotic at a time, sometimes it's hard to have the perfect loadout of 300's. Also, I thought we were talking raids in general, not just hard. Are people really asking for help on hard without any legendary and exotic weapons?

Ah, I getcha if someone commented on it at the time. Yeah, I agree that is silly because like you say it can be important to swap things around as dictated by the situation. We were talking just about the hard raid previously, but I think blues should still be minimized even on normal. I think we are in agreement in general though.

Dude wanted hard raid help but kept dying constantly and getting carried all the way to GKeepers. Then I checked his load-out and it was a blue fusion rifle and blue MG with non-upgraded Atheon's Epilogue. He was trying to snipe GKeepers with the fusion rifle from across the room...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom