• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Can someone explain to me how I can check what parts of the raid my characters have completed? I remember seeing a screenshot of the companion app with 8 boxes indicating the various drops on normal and hard but I can't find it anywhere on PC or Android.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Got to the templar fairly quickly on hard last night then had 2 of our randoms drop out and disappear at the same time. Gonna give it another go tonight cause I need those drop chances bad :(

Anyone wants in on a strike around 12:00 tonight west coast time hit me up

ocean

Banned
Can someone explain to me how I can check what parts of the raid my characters have completed? I remember seeing a screenshot of the companion app with 8 boxes indicating the various drops on normal and hard but I can't find it anywhere on PC or Android.

You can't tell which part you've looted, only how many bosses you've looted. Like, if you only did Atheon it'll have 1/4 boxes ticked off. It's under the "Advisors" tab of the iOS/Android companion app, not sure if you can see it on the website (though I'd imagine you can).

After scoring a total of 7 legendaries yesterday as well as finishing my Pocket Infinity bounty at last, I now expect this game to give me nothing for a month.

Which is good.

I need ass shards.

Might be raiding time soon.

This is why I am not a fan of the cheese. Most who played the raid on hard only know what it is like to face Athean on that difficulty and just him alone. Most probably don't even know how to use the relic. It really sucks playing with people who don't listen. There was one day two weeks ago where I played with several people not part of my usual raid group. They wanted help so I offer to help them. I left to orbit after dying for the tenth time during the confluxes phase. People just wouldnt listen to advise. Since then, I became a bit picky over who I play with if they're not part of my usual raid group.

And no same person should ever bring blue weapons to the raid. Seriously, if you (not you, Boguester) are bringing blues with you, you have no business being in the raid regardless of what level you are.

I realize I'm responding to an old post, but I just need to say that a blue galahad e does surprisingly well taking down the templar's hold bubble. I was using a fully upgraded hand cannon and the rof was too slow. I switched to the only non exotic ar I had on me, galahad e, and it took the bubble out almost as fast as a suros.

Hopefully you don't blanket write off everyone that's not in your normal group.

ocean

Banned
Bungie, you already let me trade my planetary materials for Marks. Please let me buy planetary materials using Marks; it's ridiculous that the trade is one-way only. I would totally rather cap Crucible and Vanguard Marks every week to buy the materials I need to upgrade my weapons instead of roaming around planets killing trash mobs mindlessly for hours getting Spirit Bloom and goddamn Relic Iron.

Bungie, you already let me trade my planetary materials for Marks. Please let me buy planetary materials using Marks; it's ridiculous that the trade is one-way only. I would totally rather cap Crucible and Vanguard Marks every week to buy the materials I need to upgrade my weapons instead of roaming around planets killing trash mobs mindlessly for hours getting Spirit Bloom and goddamn Relic Iron.
I second this notion..maybe in destiny 2 :(

Geneijin

If only :(

Our regular raid group are running hard mode together for the first time. We need one more if anyone would like to join us?

We're all experienced in HM in different groups.

29 or 30 as long as you have good gear.

Psn: astropoff
I assume you found someone by now? If not, PSN is Darknyss. 29 Warlock with good raid weaps.

My experience with hard PUGs has been terrible so far. Would really prefer to join a group that has raided together before. I can sub in for any role :)

Alric

Anyone want to do the weekly heroic strike ps4? Lvl 26 or 28. I need to get the last few coins for that rifle

Psn - Myrkridian

ocean

Banned
Where can we trade materials for marks?

Crucible and Vanguard Quartermasters give you 5 Marks, +25 Reputation and 250 Glimmer per 50 Planetary Materials. I wouldn't even care if the system were skewed to fuck me over. Like, I know it would be unbalanced to expect 50 Spirit Bloom for 5 Marks; that's less than a single Tiger Strike.

I would definitely pay 5 Marks for 16 Materials (enough for a single upgrade). Hell I hate farming so much I'd give them 6 Marks (a Tiger Strike) for 8 materials (half an upgrade).

neoism

ComputerMKII bein a G <3

anyone want to help me Cheddar, Parmesan, Swiss, or ol American cheeesse the normal raid boss or just straight kill him got the checkpoint

PSN
ne0ism-
27 Hunter...

anyone.... :p

Frenden

Banned
everyone likes them except frenden who played a ton of it the first time around andwants back pay

Hehe. I cooled down a bit after sleeping on it. I do feel bummed that I mostly upgraded the Iron Banner chest armor I bought (because I liked the aesthetics) only to find a level 30 version will be coming (that requires additional grinding to boot).

Great changes for people that never touched it, but I still have PTSD from the last Iron Banner and react strongly at the mere mention of its name. Original rank 3'ers for life!

What's the changes?
1. Levels will actually fucking matter(Christ Bungie, you fucked that up baaaad)
2. Rank isn't getting reset(May all Bungie employees have ease in their sexual endeavors)
3. More weapon types
4. Armor now has better stats
5. Ability to re-roll perks on Iron Banner weapons
6. A 12-hour buff to Iron Banner Rep
7. When you lose a match, you get a Medallion. Winning a match turns that Medallion into rep almost equal to a win

I realize I'm responding to an old post, but I just need to say that a blue galahad e does surprisingly well taking down the templar's hold bubble. I was using a fully upgraded hand cannon and the rof was too slow. I switched to the only non exotic ar I had on me, galahad e, and it took the bubble out almost as fast as a suros.

Hopefully you don't blanket write off everyone that's not in your normal group.

That's not a fair comparison though. There's a big difference between limited situational use of a blue and having two weapon slots occupied by blue through the entire raid because you have no other guns or you left them in the vault. There's no excuse for that if you are asking people to help on hard raid.

Also, a legendary/exotic fusion rifle or machine gun would be much better for the detain shields. A blue might be serviceable but there are still plenty of better options, and detain shields are pretty low on the list of hard raid concerns.

Frenden

Banned
The medals sound great, but I do wonder if we'll see a rash of AFKers who lose fifty matches and then turn in medals with a single win to expedite their grind. Hopefully that won't work quite that way.

todd360

My friend just played the raid for the first time and he has no idea how lucky he just got. He got three raid weapons and the gauntlets. My sister got nothing, but shards and energy.

ComputerMKII bein a G <3

anyone want to help me Cheddar, Parmesan, Swiss, or ol American cheeesse the normal raid boss or just straight kill him got the checkpoint

PSN
ne0ism-
27 Hunter...

anyone.... :p

Do you mind if I grab the check point off of you?

PSN id: AbyssalCore

ocean

Banned
I know you posted that an hour ago but...

I am doing the daily 28 in a few minutes. I haven't logged on yet, but I will be on in two minutes.

Ps4 dekubleep

If anyone wants to do the daily 28 now just join my fireteam.

Did it on my main. My 27 Warlock still hasn't if you don't mind a slight carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom