• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So who is creating OT9?

Is Dax on?
If not, I can come pinch hit in her absence and get GAF riled up again with my title

NastyBook

so uh, the kill bracus tha'aurn is still 100/5000, i guess people were freaking out for no reason
For all the bullets that prick inhales, he better be.

Also, is anybody doing a fresh Hard Mode Raid for newcomers anytime soon? I'm starting to see a lot of HM requests come up that are only looking for people with experience, which is kind of shitty, but I guess I can understand. Still, if one doesn't show up today or within the coming days, I'll try to round some guys up who are 29 and new to do one.

ElRenoRaven

Some random things I hate about this game I've played over 100 hours of. They are in no order of importance but I do think they are all things that could and should be fixed:

1. Can't skip cutscenes. You may play some of these missions 20+ times over and you can't skip them? Good thing most are quite short.

2. Load times already suck and there's no option to just start up in the Tower.

3. Unnecessary button presses for tasks like summoning vehicle, using ammo packs and so on when you have a single button press to sit down. Unbelievable.

4. Not nearly enough variety in the bounties. Many boil down to "play this story mission...yet again".

5. There are a stupid amount of currencies that are never really explained at all. Glimmer, Marks, Mote of Lite, Strange Coin...it's silly.

6. Limits. Limit to 25k glimmer (is that the only limited item?) that is never told to you even when you reach that limit. Limited storage in vault. Limit of 100 Marks in a week.

7. Useless and unnecessary items that increase your glimmer count for a limited time. They would be useful if you ever needed to use them, but you simply don't. They just overcomplicate things and I guess make some people feel like "ooh I got a reward"! Except they're a terrible reward.

8. Only being able to equip a single exotic wep/armor. Another arbitrary limit which also works to shorten enjoyment of the game.

9. Cool down period after sprinting is pointless and only makes your character feel sluggish and unresponsive.

10 . Not enough exotics and legendaries. I've gotten differently named Legendaries yet they have the exact same appearance. That's pathetic. It's also ridiculous that you get Legendaries for other classes that you can't even use on your character.

11. Not enough encouragement for doing things. Hey I just spent an hour doing this basically by myself. And I get...nothing for it. Fantastic. Why are there even level 28 story missions when you get NOTHING extra or different from doing them? There are probably much better examples but the point is the rewards can absolutely suck thanks to RNG, or simply no rewards being given for things.

12. Terrible shaders. Make more. Maybe let me buy some for a high price and give me a reason to use some glimmer or those "useless" items I talked about.

So there are some things that immediately come to mind and that I think are absolutely fixable.

Edit: Destiny IOT10I Things I Hate About You

Could have saved you time. Most of your list comes down to this.

FIX THE LOOT!!

Personally I agree too. The game needs a loot 2.0 type patch. I mean I understand what they were going for but it isn't fun. I've said it before and here is what I'd like to see. Give each boss in a strike or raid a loot table that will for sure give players gear, shaders, weapons, etc. An example look at WOW for example and how it's loot system works in regards to raids for example. Then give us vendors at which we can trade things like say coins or light for various gathering materials, etc. At the same time give us more designs of gear. The variety really is lacking and in a loot game you need variety.

spats

Hey everybody. I'd really reeeeaaalllly want to finish the weekly heroic strike just once, so I'd get the three strange coins. Otherwise I can't afford the rifle from Xur. :(

Please add me on PSN if you're up for it, my id is spatsnaz!

Deku Tree

Is Xur the only way for me to get an exotic Titan helmet? (I just have to hope he sells one next weekend?) Otherwise I just have to hope the gods of RNG are kind on me? Thanks!

Sullichin

Regime users are making pvp really boring. Shame on you if you use one regularly.

I picked one up from Xur this weekend. ARs are my least favorite primary, but this is the one to get. It's definitely the easiest weapon to do well with in Crucible that I have. I was playing rumble and just switching my loadout every couple of minutes and it's pretty crazy how much better Suros is than Hard Light and Monte Carlo in PVP. I can kill someone just as fast with a handcannon but can't deny that it's just easier with a Suros. Handcannon is far more satisfying to use though.

Sounds like it's going to get another PVP nerf which I think is needed, although I hope it's very slight and they spend as much effort making other exotic weapons not suck. I hope it's not touched in PVE though.

Hey everybody. I'd really reeeeaaalllly want to finish the weekly heroic strike just once, so I'd get the three strange coins. Otherwise I can't afford the rifle from Xur. :(

Please add me on PSN if you're up for it, my id is spatsnaz!

Xur is gone now in case you meant the Suros.

jett

D-Member
Focused Fire: objectively the worst perk in the game? It doesn't even feel like a perk, feels like downgrade. Bungie plz, get a brain morans.

GraveRobberX

ouch? :p

I see no title consensus yet, do you have a favorite fig?

hey if I don't get a clear pick i'm going with "No Time to Explain" especially of in honor of how apparently difficult this decision has been

I'm just messing, whatever we get, then when we hit OTX and have this convo again!

=D

Is Xur the only way for me to get an exotic Titan helmet? (I just have to hope he sells one next weekend?) Otherwise I just have to hope the gods of RNG are kind on me? Thanks!

Nightfall gives exotics sometimes (I got one Titan exotic helmet that way) if you haven't already done it. Tiger Strike Playlist but you'll be playing that a lot. Crucible, ditto.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OTX damn, i hope we are clear to use roman numerals like that when the time comes. it'll be like the flagship NVIDIA card of OTs.

QzOgCpk.jpg

Namikaze1

The past three weeks, the nightfall has grace me with three exotics: Truth, No Back Up Plans, and Mask of the Third Man. Thank you, RNGesus!

Deku Tree

Nightfall gives exotics sometimes (I got one Titan exotic helmet that way) if you haven't already done it. Tiger Strike Playlist but you'll be playing that a lot. Crucible, ditto.

Thanks! My Titan is level 17 so no nightfall yet... I guess I'll just have to wait and save up my coins. I'm thinking of trying to go to level 28 with an exotic helm fully upgraded and three legendaries with no ascendant upgrades. I think that gets me to 98 light and level 28. Got some grinding to do to get there... I already got legendary boots and gloves from rng.

GraveRobberX

You're right. Goddamnit, fuck this game.

Xur comes for a 48 hour Expedition, Friday 5AM till Sunday 5AM
The other days he works with Rahool and gets all those troll engrams they stockpiled before Rahool got hit with the bag of doorknobs

Stockpile will last them for at least 2 sequels

For all the bullets that prick inhales, he better be.

Also, is anybody doing a fresh Hard Mode Raid for newcomers anytime soon? I'm starting to see a lot of HM requests come up that are only looking for people with experience, which is kind of shitty, but I guess I can understand. Still, if one doesn't show up today or within the coming days, I'll try to round some guys up who are 29 and new to do one.

I think its a good idea to just create your own group. There are a lot of assholes doing the hard raid these days who feel like they're better than everybody else. Forgetting that they were new to it at one point as well

Edit** the reason I say this is cause I've done both normal and hard and the assholes always seem to be playing the hard raid

Raxus

Do we have enough for a second flawless raider group? I need 4 more people.

I'll start a run at 7EST since I will be out 5-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom