• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Probably the same time Bad JuJu and Thorn get buffed...

Yes - they better have not forgotten! Strikes are a total chore right now due to the bosses taking longer than Atheon to kill lol.

--

You guys expecting something for Monday? Maybe they're just waiting for it to actually hit before posting patch notes.

todd360

I agree that the titles have been bad and something like this one is much better. They need to be more general. Whine and Cheese was a good one but like others said the other titles...not so much.

The titles have to only make sense to a select few. Just like the plot. This is what Destiny is all about.

Patroclos

Banned
if I am to take the blame for this one then so be it. because I can take it. because I'm not your hero. i'm a silent guardian.

Just saw the tag! Fuck yeah! Well deserved and awesome. Congrats Hawkian!

By the way took your advice to get 5 strange coins from tiger strikes for the Suros. On Friday 4 hours of tiger strikes netted me 1 single solitary coin. Things turned around for me Saturday and I got 4 in two hours. Crazy RNG.

Long story short, the Suros is mine. I immediately realized when I took it into the crucible, unupgraded, that all you fuckers who got it before me have been cheating. Sooo Goooood.

Some random things I hate about this game I've played over 100 hours of. They are in no order of importance but I do think they are all things that could and should be fixed:

1. Can't skip cutscenes. You may play some of these missions 20+ times over and you can't skip them? Good thing most are quite short.

2. Load times already suck and there's no option to just start up in the Tower.

3. Unnecessary button presses for tasks like summoning vehicle, using ammo packs and so on when you have a single button press to sit down. Unbelievable.

4. Not nearly enough variety in the bounties. Many boil down to "play this story mission...yet again".

5. There are a stupid amount of currencies that are never really explained at all. Glimmer, Marks, Mote of Lite, Strange Coin...it's silly.

6. Limits. Limit to 25k glimmer (is that the only limited item?) that is never told to you even when you reach that limit. Limited storage in vault. Limit of 100 Marks in a week.

7. Useless and unnecessary items that increase your glimmer count for a limited time. They would be useful if you ever needed to use them, but you simply don't. They just overcomplicate things and I guess make some people feel like "ooh I got a reward"! Except they're a terrible reward.

8. Only being able to equip a single exotic wep/armor. Another arbitrary limit which also works to shorten enjoyment of the game.

9. Cool down period after sprinting is pointless and only makes your character feel sluggish and unresponsive.

10 . Not enough exotics and legendaries. I've gotten differently named Legendaries yet they have the exact same appearance. That's pathetic. It's also ridiculous that you get Legendaries for other classes that you can't even use on your character.

11. Not enough encouragement for doing things. Hey I just spent an hour doing this basically by myself. And I get...nothing for it. Fantastic. Why are there even level 28 story missions when you get NOTHING extra or different from doing them? There are probably much better examples but the point is the rewards can absolutely suck thanks to RNG, or simply no rewards being given for things.

12. Terrible shaders. Make more. Maybe let me buy some for a high price and give me a reason to use some glimmer or those "useless" items I talked about.

So there are some things that immediately come to mind and that I think are absolutely fixable.

Edit: Destiny IOT10I Things I Hate About You

Just made it to 27 on my Hunter alt.

Would love to make a run at Vault of Glass in about 2 hours, if anyone is interested. I've been through plenty of times on my main, but this guy is a little squishy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just saw the tag! Fuck yeah! Well deserved and awesome. Congrats Hawkian!

By the way took your advice to get 5 strange coins from tiger strikes for the Suros. On Friday 4 hours of tiger strikes netted me 1 single solitary coin. Things turned around for me Saturday and I got 4 in two hours. Crazy RNG.

Long story short, the Suros is mine. I immediately realized when I took it into the crucible, unupgraded, that all you fuckers who got it before me have been cheating. Sooo Goooood.
Thank you! And Damn, I'm really glad you got the 5 you needed! Enjoy the rifle, my Sunsinger certainly is.
Yes - they better have not forgotten! Strikes are a total chore right now due to the bosses taking longer than Atheon to kill lol.

--

You guys expecting something for Monday? Maybe they're just waiting for it to actually hit before posting patch notes.
It's really disappointing that they pushed the patch. "Next week" was vague enough to give them time, if they can't meet that deadline they just need to stick to "soon" and I won't care. It's terrible example to set if you don't hit your own release schedule. Hopefully they learn from this one.
|OT9| This isn't a thread, it's a massacre!
lol <3

Zakalwe

Banned
8. Only being able to equip a single exotic wep/armor. Another arbitrary limit which also works to shorten enjoyment of the game.

I agree with everything you wrote apart from this.

Being able to equip more than one would make Legendary weapons obsolete.

Legendary weapons are your standard gear, you get to choose two special pieces. This promotes much more loadout variety.

It's one of Destiny's smartest design choices.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Legendary weapons are your standard gear, you get to choose two special pieces. This promotes much more loadout variety.

JopiAQ9.gif

E92 M3

In the Garden of Suros was a good title I thought.

It was my favorite!

It's really disappointing that they pushed the patch. "Next week" was vague enough to give them time, if they can't meet that deadline they just need to stick to "soon" and I won't care. It's terrible example to set if you don't hit your own release schedule. Hopefully they learn from this one.

Yes, I need some news for my addiction that is fading.

--

Midi multitool worth the upgrade?

Ok im at the nightfall boss now hes down to 10% health. What i need is someone to come in so i can log in my alt and then we kill him. Any takers? Psn pansargryning

I guess that's true. There does have to be a stopping point. If there was more Legendary gear the single Exotic thing wouldn't be an issue anyway. Honestly I'm just mad because I want to use my Suros and Invective. I worked my ass off to get that Invective lol.

UV-6

Did the raid for the first time on normal and just got the XV0 Timebreaker vehicle. Bah!

The party I was in cheesed the last boss with two grenades making the boss drop to his death.

Pimpwerx

Outrageous Fortune is much better looking than the raid (both normal and hard) ships.

Due almost entirely to the paint scheme. Why this game is so heavily ladened with monochrome and fugly brown ships, I'll never know. Quite Content Damsel should be a cool ship, but comes in brown. Like, really? I just rock a Glass Minuet or Aspect of Glass on all my characters now. No point picking anything else since they're all boring designs. PEACE.

phen0m24

My memory appears to be leaking out of my ears. Had a lot of fun both Friday and Saturday nights. While I mentioned the events of the crazy Nightfall, I completely failed to acknowledge the dynamic ninja duo of Hawkian and Scarletham, who graciously flew (bad pun aside) me through the Heroic like the bosses they are.

Gentlemen, I thank you for your assistance and hereby formally apologize for my lapse in short term memory. Hope to fly the friendly skies with you gents again. :)

Gordon

That's true about weapons, but as far as armour goes there would be more variety if you could use exotics for more than one piece. Basically your variation is limited to one piece with the rest being raid armour at this point. I know IB will broaden that scope slightly, but personally I would like to see the variety and potential list of builds to be broadest at level 30, rather than being broadest at 20, when you can equip all sorts of gear for different effects, and then funnelling down into everybody wearing basically the same outfit and generally shooting with the same guns, because it's the only functionally superior combination, or subset of combinations.

But I agree that rendering legendaries moot would suck, so I guess if it was up to me I would make a vendor that can upgrade a legendary to allow it to provide 30(+?) light, for a significant sum, of course.

Ok im at the nightfall boss now hes down to 10% health. What i need is someone to come in so i can log in my alt and then we kill him. Any takers? Psn pansargryning

I can hop in, still need to finish it on my 27 Hunter alt. psn is Dr_LawyerCop. Send an invite if you still need somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom