• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grewitch

Dear Destiny,

This is difficult for me to write but I think the time has come for us both to face the truth. It's just not working.

When I first saw you I was smitten by your looks and when you invited me to your free beta, I couldn't believe my luck. When you said you wanted a long-term relationship, all I could think about was how great it was going to be. I could picture our 10th anniversary, of our journey together, everything seemed so hopeful and full of promise.

Then you moved in. I began to have doubts after the first several hours, I have to admit. It was the little things. You didn't communicate very well, had very little to say. It was almost as if you were holding things back. I convinced myself it was because we were still getting to know each other. There were things that were good, you were good company when we went out and you were really skilled practically, something that I liked. But I began to notice you were not very creative and everything was routine with you. You wore the same makeup, did the same things over and over gain. I hate to say this but I thought you were really shallow. Then one day I went online and discovered another side of you.

I found your cards. I read most of them. I was in shock, still am. I couldn't believe you were keeping this whole other side of you from me. I couldn't believe it. I thought we would share everything but that you couldn't trust me enough to be honest, I felt heartbroken. When I confronted you all you could say was you couldn't begin to explain why you couldn't explain. I can't live like this.

I've decided to move on. Don't take this personally, but I've pre-ordered behind your back. It's only right that you should know. I've pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition. I need something in my life that can communicate well, who is open to customization and I really believe that this is the right move for me. It's time to realize we both have to move on.

I'll still stay in touch. I'll come and visit often, I want to make sure you're going to be doing okay. I made a commitment for two dlc's with you, and I will honour that. However, that is as far as it is going to go. This is difficult but I've been open and honest with you, I just wish you could have done the same.

Yours Faithfully,

Grewitch.

Tovarisc

Edit: Full for now

What: Flawless Raider @ Normal VoG

Where: PS 4

When: When 0 players is found

Looking for:

• Player with time for several tries back to back in case of fails happen
  • LVL 28 to 30, higher is better
  • Good weapons, we are going to burn Atheon fast as possible
  • Good understanding of raid mechanics [encounters] and confidence in jumping

Think you are up for it? Sign up through me :)

Edit: Gimme dem PSN ID's

So I guess the goal now is to get armor that can have 30 light? So those would be raid gear only and one exotic?

Afaik we can get legendary gear that can have 30 light in the iron banner when it starts next time.

But if thats not the case we just have to keep on doing the raid, hoping for raid gear.

*Splinter

When: When 3 players is found

Looking for:

I'll join

Deku Tree

I did the Archon Priest level 14 strike with my Titan alt last night,
Got put into the mission with a level 29 and a level 14 who were obviously playing together on a fireteam.

The level 29 and friend went into the cheese spot for the level 14 Priest...
...I wanted to do it straight up but dude came out of the cheese spot just to punch me because I was messing up the cheese because the priest kept moving away from them...

Destiny...

I still like 'Cheese on Two Legs (Dedicated to...)'

Also watching the Temple of Crota cutscene, miss 'I don't have time to explain' is there. And it's never touched upon. In fact the whole her following you isn't touched on. She's just stalking you.

Raxus

Looking for:

30 Titan here. Lets do this.

PSN: College_Boy

Experience: Obviously done the whole raid and have done all methods cheese and legit. Can use the relic. Never died during the jumping section in forever. Mic. Decent knowledge of the Gorgon Maze.

Sane_Man

Anyone kind enough to gift me their hard Atheon checkpoint? I'm sunsinger warlock but not levelled that subclass up too much yet so not sure if I can actually cheese him.

PS4. PSN: SaneManPritch

Fitts

Anyone need someone for hard raid? If not, who wants to get a hard raid going? I have a checkpoint at confluxes so we can at least skip the first section if nobody needs the first chest.

Lvl 29 Titan

PS4 PSN: EinFurDieDamen

*Splinter

Soo finally got my Warlock to level 30 last night. This is my third character so have everything level 30 and all subclasses maxed, also have most of the guns I care for and enough of them levelled for any situation...

Think I'm done, can't really motivate myself to play further. This isn't a complaint, I've put 12+ days in and enjoyed most of it, so this was definitely a 'good game' and the raid earns it at least a mention in my all time favourites.

I'll still be raiding at any opportunity. Normal, hard, flawless, speedy, secret chest hunts, ANYTHING. Just not going to bother with the rest until the next DLC hits (except maybe helping friends with Nightfall etc). I guess this is pretty good timing with CoD out in under a week (well played, Activision!).

Thanks Bungie! Bring it on, Crota!

TL;DR Destiny iz gud. Add BOL-EvilSplinter for raids.

Grimsen

Maybe we've talked enough about cheese, and need to look to the future for inspiration.

Destiny |OT9| Become Legender (for 34.99$)

Looking for:

I'm down. PSN: Darryl_M_R (Level 28 hunter, have done the raid multiple times. Good at communicating, specializes in sniping hobgoblins during templar and staying outside the portal)

BondFancy

Regime users are making pvp really boring. Shame on you if you use one regularly.

Eh, give it a couple more days and the amount of users running it will decrease, I've had my ass kicked while using it by Strangers Rifle, VOC, and Shingen-E, I love it just because it looks cool. However, there are more effective weapons out there.

Fitts

Regime users are making pvp really boring. Shame on you if you use one regularly.

It's a top tier pvp primary to be certain, but I don't think it's as dominant as some believe. I've had no problem taking them down consistently with hand cannons (Thorn or Lord High Fixer) or scouts with a decent ROF.

Tovarisc

I'm down. PSN: Darryl_M_R (Level 28 hunter, have done the raid multiple times. Good at communicating, specializes in sniping hobgoblins during templar and staying outside the portal)

Sorry, stupid of me not to mention :D

Level 30 everything, mic, beat all sections on hard without cheese.
BOL-EvilSplinter

PSN being super shitty suddenly and not finding you guys :S

Try add me?

ID: Tovarisc

Soo finally got my Warlock to level 30 last night. This is my third character so have everything level 30 and all subclasses maxed, also have most of the guns I care for and enough of them levelled for any situation...

Think I'm done, can't really motivate myself to play further. This isn't a complaint, I've put 12+ days in and enjoyed most of it, so this was definitely a 'good game' and the raid earns it at least a mention in my all time favourites.

I'll still be raiding at any opportunity. Normal, hard, flawless, speedy, secret chest hunts, ANYTHING. Just not going to bother with the rest until the next DLC hits (except maybe helping friends with Nightfall etc). I guess this is pretty good timing with CoD out in under a week (well played, Activision!).

Thanks Bungie! Bring it on, Crota!

TL;DR Destiny iz gud. Add BOL-EvilSplinter for raids.

30 on all 3 characters? :(

Namikaze1

Thanks for the help, Marze!
I did the Archon Priest level 14 strike with my Titan alt last night,
Got put into the mission with a level 29 and a level 14 who were obviously playing together on a fireteam.

The level 29 and friend went into the cheese spot for the level 14 Priest...
...I wanted to do it straight up but dude came out of the cheese spot just to punch me because I was messing up the cheese because the priest kept moving away from them...

Destiny...
Yeah, I came across players like them a few times.

Edit: Full for now

When: When 0 players is found

Looking for:

• PSN ID: ComputerMkII
  • Level 30 Titan
  • Fully-upgraded Hawkmoon, fully-upgraded Atheon's Epilogue, fully-upgraded Praedyth's Revenge
  • Non-upgraded Suros Regime, non-upgraded Ice Breaker
  • Completed the Raid several times, (with and without cheesing, hard mode included)
  • I know the disposition of the jumping platforms but mistakes may happen, we'll see

Kensuke

We have a team at the Gatekeeper checkpoint (psn, hard raid). We need 2 more guys to help us out. Preferably level 30, because we were getting schooled before. Put down your psn if you're interested and I'll add you.

edit: aaaand full

We have a team at the Gatekeeper checkpoint (psn, hard raid). We need 2 more guys to help us out. Preferably level 30, because we were getting schooled before. Put down your psn if you're interested and I'll add you.

I'm in

Edit: Shit, I'm not sure I can be invited, my alt hasn't completed the Raid on normal yet

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
anyone still doubt we're gonna hit ot9 today o.o
My memory appears to be leaking out of my ears. Had a lot of fun both Friday and Saturday nights. While I mentioned the events of the crazy Nightfall, I completely failed to acknowledge the dynamic ninja duo of Hawkian and Scarletham, who graciously flew (bad pun aside) me through the Heroic like the bosses they are.

Gentlemen, I thank you for your assistance and hereby formally apologize for my lapse in short term memory. Hope to fly the friendly skies with you gents again. :)
hey no problem! was fun as hell. :)

PSN being super shitty suddenly and not finding you guys :S

Try add me?

ID: Tovarisc

I need 5 minutes before I can join the fireteam. My girlfriend is bringing my headphone set back to me so I can have a mic (she's at the gym in our apartment).

trying to join from strike right now, psn is acting up. Won't even let me

Fitts

I don't suppose your fireteam would be willing to back things up to confluxes? As you're aware, the section isn't terribly long/difficult to get through and I'd be more than happy to get everyone through the jumping puzzle/maze again as it's a breeze for me.

I'm lvl 29 titan but just did hard gatekeeper last night. (was a portal defender if that makes a difference)

Edit: never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom