• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only had the weapon in my hands for 15 minutes, so this is just based on first impressions. But I really like the feel of this thing. Yet whenever people common on this sniper it seems to be quite heavily panned.

Curious as to why? It's amazingly stable and has some interesting perks, and it's arc.

Feedback? I'm thinking of levelling this up (bought one from Xur and then two more dropped today, I think RNG is telling me something)

Thoughts?

but it ain't the ice breaker doe

it's a fantastic sniper

Dante316

I can understand missing out on ghorn, but no one has any excuse for not buying ice breaker.

Maybe the most basic thing nobody is saying, hard raid is not for the general population. The requirements are simple be 29 plus and have 3 maxed Legendary weapons and exotic. Preferably raid weapons if not have maxed legendary.

milkham

I've only had the weapon in my hands for 15 minutes, so this is just based on first impressions. But I really like the feel of this thing. Yet whenever people common on this sniper it seems to be quite heavily panned.

Curious as to why? It's amazingly stable and has some interesting perks, and it's arc.

Feedback? I'm thinking of levelling this up (bought one from Xur and then two more dropped today, I think RNG is telling me something)

Thoughts?

I like it. low recoil, i was using it to two shot yellow health knights in nightfall last week un-upgraded so i didn't even have the cloaking perk yet.

jay23

So many people looking for level 30s when it's all about skill. As a 29 I rarely die during hard raid unless my team wipes.

Thoughts?

It's good but it's main thing is kind of underwhelming and redundant for hunters. Outside of the lower impact its a much better sniper rifle than Ice Breaker

todd360

I'm done for today. The overtime still isn't over so I have to go to bed soon lol. I will be on to do bounties tomorrow night if anyone wants to play.

Maybe the most basic thing nobody is saying, hard raid is not for the general population. The requirements are simple be 29 plus and have 3 maxed Legendary weapons and exotic. Preferably raid weapons if not have maxed legendary.
But what they are saying is that if you don't have the luck of RNG or bought the game at launch, you're a bad player.

I'm probably being overcritical over a poor choice of words.

Dante316

Thoughts?

Its ehhh, waste of a exotic, the Supremacy arc is better.

ocean

Banned
But what they are saying is that if you don't have the luck of RNG or bought the game at launch, you're a bad player.
I don't think its suggesting you're a bad player; merely that you might not be properly equipped for Hard VoG. I mean there's always the chance you're an extremely skilled player and can do an amazing job at Hard VoG without top-tier weapons but it's hard to assume that'll be the case when you're getting a group together.

Edit: for the sake of clarity, "you" in this post is the hypothetical 29 not you the poster :p

Dante316

No what they are saying is people who are 29 who want to do hard raid but are ill equipped and want to be carried. Those are bad players because they dont want to put the time to level up their legendary weapons.

nowai

Some people chose getting their first exotic armor over IB. Almost happened to my brother, but I was around to tell him otherwise.

Not having 17 coins on the second week is understandable, but not having 17 coins on the fifth week is far less understandable.

I don't think its suggesting you're a bad player; merely that you might not be properly equipped for Hard VoG. I mean there's always the chance you're an extremely skilled player and can do an amazing job at Hard VoG without top-tier weapons but it's hard to assume that'll be the case when you're getting a group together.
There are good 29s and bad 29s. Good 29s have all their weapons maxed, maybe they have G-horn and IB too, and they understand the different strategies and follow directions well. Bad 29s just stand still and shoot their unleveled weapons and whine about dying all the time.

He literally said you're a bad player. Anyways I agree with the points, I'm posting about the wording, and maybe I have no idea how people get on the wall of shame so I need SOMETHING to post about.
Not having 17 coins on the second week is understandable, but not having 17 coins on the fifth week is far less understandable.
*If you bought it at launch
*If you didn't have other things taking your time instead of playing destiny.

Just throwing my brother example out there again, he went on a 2+ week long work trip right after destiny launch and barely got enough coins to buy his first exotic when Xur came around.

X-Frame

Assuming I am a Level 29 with:

Maxed Lord High Fixer
Maxed SUROS Regime
Maxed [Void] 77 Wizard Fusion Rifle
Maxed [Void] Swarm LMG
Maxed [Void] Truth Rocket Launcher
Maxed [Void] Epitaph Sniper Rifle
Maxed [Solar] Ice Breaker

Would I be "ready" for Hard Mode?

I also just got Atheon's Epilogue today which I will be maxing ASAP. Along with Hezen Vengeance and Praedyth's Revenge. Still no VoC though.

Namikaze1

Maxed Lord High Fixer
Maxed SUROS Regime
Maxed [Void] Swarm LMG

I also just got Atheon's Epilogue today which I will be maxing ASAP. Along with Hezen Vengeance and Praedyth's Revenge. Still no VoC though.
Yes.

jay23

Maxed Lord High Fixer
Maxed SUROS Regime
Maxed [Void] Swarm LMG

Yes

Side note, I think the only raid weapon im missing is the fusion rifle. Have never seen it drop.

nowai

Supremacy has way more recoil and doesn't hold six shots.

I have both near maxed out and greatly prefer the P&T

Let's not forget fashion!

Supremacy is butt ugly with the Queen's branding. P&T looks boss in the ghillie swag.

It's no super model Ice Breaker, but it's better than the Queen's business.

LiK

Maxed Lord High Fixer
Maxed SUROS Regime
Maxed [Void] Swarm LMG

you also need maxed teamwork

Finally! Flawless raider down after trying for most of the weekend. Feels good, man. This platinum is mine, just have to level hunter sublass.
The random teleport hotfix made this a real pain in the ass since it also introduced bugs where he only teleports 1or 2 people in. We actually had to come up with contingency plans just for the bugs.

nowai

Maxed Lord High Fixer
Maxed SUROS Regime
Maxed [Void] Swarm LMG

VoC is not a requirement. Your guns are top notch.

If your play abilities match your arsenal, then you are golden.

LiK

Finally! Flawless raider down after trying for most of the weekend. Feels good, man. This platinum is mine, just have to level hunter sublass.
The random teleport hotfix made this a real pain in the ass since it also introduced bugs where he only teleports 1or 2 people in. We actually had to come up with contingency plans just for the bugs.

Congrats! I bow to you.

Namikaze1

Congrats on flawless, Captain Cold!

Heel

That alleged vault glitch would make me flip my shit. Has someone here actually experienced it, or is it just hearsay? If it's real, Bungie should make it right for those affected.

Rixxan

know there are some ridiculous pvpers on GAF

feel like these are solid rumble stats but get the feeling they'll get put to shame by a few of you

f0eb4bceaed17c58244d7e332ac88777.jpg

Welcome.

*push*

squidyj

There are good 29s and bad 29s. Good 29s have all their weapons maxed, maybe they have G-horn and IB too, and they understand the different strategies and follow directions well. Bad 29s just stand still and shoot their unleveled weapons and whine about dying all the time.

I'd have a maxed g-horn if I got the drop or if xur bother stocking it, i didnt even have a 20 the first time it came around ;_;

IThoughts?

P&T has excellent stability and feels really good. But it has much lower impact and range than IB so it will just never do the same damage. You can compensate for IB's lack of stability, there's no way to make up that lack of PT damage.

Praedyths Revenge is a better option, outside of arc burn, since it's also extremely stable and only a legendary. IB is king of PvE exotic snipers. PT is still great, especially for arc burn.

Big thanks to Boguester and Pope for carrying my ass through that weekly. :) May you have great fortune with all your drops from here on out (although, considering you have like 4 Hawkmoons, maybe you don't need the help. :p)!

And thanks to Clonegelus for offering too, even though I only got his message just after we finished up.

Congrats on the flawless!

*sigh* you don't have to tell us about the hotfix glitches. So many glitches. Of course they sort themselves out after a wipe which doesn't help for flawless. What types of teleport patterns were you seeing on your attempts? We usually get a round of 0 teleports, then a round of 1 teleport, then it's back to normal. Whether or not you bring up the portals does affect it, however.

Big thanks to Boguester and Pope for carrying my ass through that weekly. :) May you have great fortune with all your drops from here on out (although, considering you have like 4 Hawkmoons, maybe you don't need the help. :p)!.

Lol, anytime, it was fun hanging and chatting!

That alleged vault glitch would make me flip my shit. Has someone here actually experienced it, or is it just hearsay? If it's real, Bungie should make it right for those affected.

Which one are you guys talking about?

If it's the one where enemies regain health when they're attacked (usually by the Relic), then yes it's happened to me and people in my group while I was there to witness it. Once with the Gatekeepers, and MANY times with the Minotaur on Venus.

I'll try and grab video of it next time it happens.

Kalamari

Asking for G-horn and/or IB, that's not good. That's RNG.

Asking for G-horn when building a raid group would be ridiculous. Hard raid is perfectly doable without it, having it just makes it a little easier in some parts.

I think it's very easy to misjudge the difficulty of hard raid if you are inexperienced and are accustomed to playing with much better players. Learning the raid takes time, and far too often players will quit instead of asking why they are unsuccessful.

Don't be offended if you fall into my "bad" category, everyone is bad when they start out.. Just prepare, don't give up, and don't be afraid to ask questions, that's how you get good. I wouldn't even say that I am that great at the raid, but I am improving.

Heel

Which one are you guys talking about?

If it's the one where enemies regain health when they're attacked (usually by the Relic), then yes it's happened to me and people in my group while I was there to witness it. Once with the Gatekeepers, and MANY times with the Minotaur on Venus.

I'll try and grab video of it next time it happens.

Nah, your vault that holds your gear.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2l18cb/i_just_lost_every_item_in_my_vault/

Looking at the comments, Bungie is aware of it.

X-Frame

Yes

Side note, I think the only raid weapon im missing is the fusion rifle. Have never seen it drop.

Thanks! Good to know I'm at least there weapon-wise.

you also need maxed teamwork

And maxed communication. Check!

VoC is not a requirement. Your guns are top notch.

If your play abilities match your arsenal, then you are golden.

Thank you! I found I really like the LHF because I can one-shot Hobgoblins before they solar-shield themselves. I assume I won't be able to do that in Hard though, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom