• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Hard is doable as a group of 29's, but they should have maxed out Raid weapons for Oracles and the skills has to make up for the 20% less damage they do.

The way I see it, if you're breezing through normal (not dying), you're ready for Hard. I know level 30's that aren't ready for Hard, unfortunately.

I think you may be the only abrasive person in this thread man.

People that play with me know that I spend almost all my time outside of flawless raids helping other people run raids or NFalls etc. for no loot drops. I've made tons of posts here answering questions and helping people out, I made a clan to help Gaffers get trophies, etc. I can get intense during flawless runs but otherwise we just have a lot of fun and joke around and shoot the shit.

If people think it's fine to accuse others of "whining" when you aren't involved with their teams (and I've never talked to you before), then that's fine. But we have very different standards for conduct. I'm extremely nice and supportive to people that are cool with me, but I also will respond to unprovoked insults. Not sure how that makes me the only abrasive one, but I also don't need to post here if it's seriously a problem.

i notice the health regen BS is server lag. when it happens the enemies sorta stutter in their movements.

Yeah that's true. It's more accurate to call the health regen as lag rather than a glitch.

Namikaze1

It's going to be a tough life. Forever alone at the top. Atleast we will have each other. Until fig gets tired of our shit and kills us anyways.
we are the 0.1%
And fig probably already has plans on how she'll make us "disappear"
<3

&#128299;
I'll always wait for you, fig. Always. Unless you're trying to kill me, then I shall run faster than the Flash.
Thoughts while playing titan: tiger knee is op as fuck. Why does no complain about this like everything else?
Yes it is and it does not need nerfing!
CS3ybi.gif

Dante316

Thoughts while playing titan: tiger knee is op as fuck. Why does no complain about this like everything else?

I love using it but if u run too much u lose it lol and ofc I love when it angles it self automatically to hit, but you dont use it too much thats y no body complains.

noomi

finally level 30, feels good men.

Now I just need a gjallahorn and vex mythlocast and I can stop playing until new raid content lol.

MADGAME is a skilled player who has led many groups of various composition through the raid. Telling him personally to improve in response to the scenario he was referring to is laughably dismissive.

So have I, and I have never discriminated out level 29's for full clears of hard mode as long as I have 2 guys who are 30's.

I understand he wants to just get it done at this point in the week and that's completely understandable, I'm not arguing that, but the sentiment that 29's are useless is not a good thing for this game or community and it's also utterly false.

Having 2 30's for Gatekeepers/Atheon is generally necessary in my opinion (but not really even that if you have good players and a bit of luck), but after that you can make do if you just have people who aren't bad and aren't running around with un-upgraded weapons.

Dante316

finally level 30, feels good men.

Now I just need a gjallahorn and vex mythlocast and I can stop playing until new raid content lol.

Ummm u mean the opposite lol, once you get them you will play more, its a fact, you have to test them :p
max them and u know...show off them sweet weapons. :)

Sure, if we can get 4 more 30's.

Calling all 30's - have 3 Atheon Hard checkpoints. If you are like me you may do the Hard raid with a mix of 29's/30's, but the Atheon fight can be too challenging with more than one 29 in the group. Get your Oracle killers out and let's team up.

30 Titan PSN PikaPuff
Ok folks, who likes cheese and a chance at Fatebringer and other goodies? I have 3x hard checkpoints at the Oracles... I haven't done it before but I understand you can snipe all the Oracles from the perch once the fight is triggered. After that Templar cheese is still viable, anyone up for some loots? Looking for some 28+ and hopefully at least a handful with Oracle killers.

PS4 = Qwell

PSN PikaPuff

Qwell

I'd be down to go. Never had a chance at hard mode before on any part of the raid. 29 titan defender. PSN SonComet.
Yes, have only heard from one other person so far.

1. Qwell
2. Katsuo7171
3. SonComet
4. Sengar

again this is for 3x Hard Oracles checkpoints, should be able to snipe oracles and then cheese Templar for fatebringer and other lewts

you can make do if you just have people who aren't bad and aren't running around with un-upgraded weapons.

Yeah, maxed weapons make as much if not more of a difference. I would rather have a 29 with maxed weapons than a 30 with a bunch of un-upgraded stuff, especially if they don't have raid weapons for the oracles. Of course good teams can make a lot of things work, communication is more important than anything else.

LiK

i wanna be more positive in this thread cuz this game is getting to some people.

i was merely farming on Earth and ended up near a Random who was doing the same. he found a chest in one of those dumpsters and he shot at it to let me know when i was running by. it was pretty hard to see. i got the loot and he ran somewhere else.

always cool to meet nice people randomly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So have I, and I have never discriminated out level 29's for full clears of hard mode as long as I have 2 guys who are 30's.

I understand he wants to just get it done at this point in the week and that's completely understandable, I'm not arguing that, but the sentiment that 29's are useless is not a good thing for this game or community and it's also utterly false.

Having 2 30's for Gatekeepers/Atheon is generally necessary in my opinion, but after that you can make do if you just have people who aren't bad and aren't running around with un-upgraded weapons.
I don't think he said they were useless though? I may have missed a post. He said a port of 2 29s and a 30 is a big chance to wipe. I have little experience with the hard raid whatsoever but that doesn't seem altogether too much of a stretch. Sight unseen, I would wager at least my account's glimmer that what makes the difference is having maxed, effective weapon choices at either level
i wanna be more positive in this thread cuz this game is getting to some people.

i was merely farming on Earth and ended up near a Random who was doing the same. he found a chest in one of those dumpsters and he shot at it to let me know when i was running by. it was pretty hard to see. i got the loot and he ran somewhere else.

I love it when this happens, I wish there was a bow or thank emote, I just have to wave and then dance.

I don't think he said they were useless though? I may have missed a post. He said a port of 2 29s and a 30 is a big chance to wipe. I have little experience with the hard raid whatsoever but that doesn't seem altogether too much of a stretch. Sight unseen, I would wager at least my account's glimmer that what makes the difference is having maxed, effective weapon choices at either level

Yeah. Currently running with all 29s and one 30 and it's hard AF in the portals... Even with maxed weapons.

Strider

So I level up the cryptarch thinking "Man. I really hope I get a legendary heavy weapon engram and it turns into a gjallarhorn..."

The postmaster has a heavy weapon legendary engram for me O_O The dream lives on!

I go to the cryptarch, decrypt it, I see the yellow! oh shit! It's
THUNDERLORD
! So close to the dream, but I'll take it. Didn't have this exotic yet anyway and I've only heard good things.

Trakan

it does get thrown over the place, unless they have the unflinching perk. that's the sole reason i'm using a rare sniper over Praedyth's Revenge.

weapons with high impact mess up a sniper in scope. it's not going to do much on a map like First Light at a really far distance though.

It should really knock you out of zoom like in Halo.

He said that his maxed VoC as a level 29 couldn't kill Oracles fast enough, which is completely wrong. He said it took half a clip of a fully upgraded Corrective Measure (i.e. 50 rounds) to kill an Oracle at level 29, which is also completely wrong.

Maybe I just missed the intended exaggeration, but the way I interpreted the post was that 29's are more or less useless on Atheon and nothing could be further from the truth.

Yes, have only heard from one other person so far.

1. Qwell
2. Katsuo7171
3. SonComet
4. Sengar

again this is for 3x Hard Oracles checkpoints, should be able to snipe oracles and then cheese Templar for fatebringer and other lewts

Still have room? I would love a roll at Fatebringer.

So I'm looking to run the Gatekeeper & on through Atheon on Hard VoG Raid, on PS4. I actually have the gatekeeper checkpoint from a run last last night before it got too late and our group disbanded. Anyone up for Gatekeeper + Atheon on Hard? I'm a lvl 29 Sun Warlock with maxed weapons. PSN is the same as GAF username.

Qwell

I'm down. ScareGoat (I'm already on your friends list)
1. Qwell
2. Katsuo7171
3. Jaydee191
4. GraveRobberX
5. ScareGoat
6. Sengar

Ok I think we have everyone now, send me FR if you don't have them, i'll be sitting on the perch and I have a party chat going

I think it's fairly easy on Normal, but Atheon on Hard is challening for me and and the groups I've been in.
Edit: After leveling to 30, I can kill Oracles in 5-7 shots with VoC depending on my distance, and as Relic holder I can actually dish enough damage to the Minotaur and adds to be consistent. As a 29 you can get one-shot sniped, or die fairly easily in the portal.

I run a lot of Raids to introduce newer raiders to the Vault, and as I mentioned before I also raid with 29's in Hard. It's not like I quit when we get to Atheon, we just never seem to get it done. The group usually disbands after some time and we are left with checkpoints. You don't need Hard Raid to get to 30, anyone can achieve it by acquiring Raid gear from normal and an exotic helmet. Hard only gets you the helmet.

So like I said I don't discriminate against levels, was just looking to complete these checkpoints with max-level team. I will still run normal raids with anyone, show them the ropes like I do every weekend and hope they get Raid gear and weapons. Many on here can attest to that.

Sorry man, I shouldn't have put you on the spot like that, I know you do good work. Discriminate was meant to be tongue in cheek but...you know, internets. When you said something like "more than one 29 is just too hard", I felt like it needed a counter point stating that it's harder, but not terribly so.

I do realize there are times where you just want to get it done. In and out without much fuss, especially if you're sitting on multiple failed attempts.

Namikaze1

I do that when farming. I usually dance near the chest or point at it. Sometimes they don't get the message, sometimes they do.

Dante316

Yeah. Currently running with all 29s and one 30 and it's hard AF in the portals... Even with maxed weapons.

What part are you having trouble with? Gatekeeper?
My teams usually do the weapons of light with a titan, 3 ppl go into left to decimate gatekeeper, then run out cleanse, speed 2 to center, 2 to right portal have the relic user shoot the super and other person shoot 2 ghallarhorn rockets at gatekeeper , cleanse, relic goes out to help outside, the person gets the relic and all defend the center.

All in all, this takes if done good, less than 5 min.

My teams usually do the weapons of light with a titan, 3 ppl go into left to decimate gatekeeper, then run out cleanse, speed 2 to center, 2 to right portal have the relic user shoot the super and other person shoot 2 ghallarhorn rockets at gatekeeper , cleanse, relic goes out to help outside, the person gets the relic and all defend the center.

Nope. Gatekeeper was fine. Atheon is hard D:

I do realize there are times where you just want to get it done. In and out without much fuss, especially if you're sitting on multiple failed attempts.

Yep I agree... It's sunday and if you've had a hard time with it all week you definitely just want to get it done. That's understandable lol

All I'm saying is come on... 29's are just fine

SonComet

1. Qwell
2. Katsuo7171
3. Jaydee191
4. GraveRobberX
5. ScareGoat
6. Sengar

Ok I think we have everyone now, send me FR if you don't have them, i'll be sitting on the perch and I have a party chat going

Aw man, I lost my spot. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Namikaze1

Destiny will probably be the only online multiplayer game I'll ever get a platinum from. You could say it was my destiny. :D

I'll take my leave...

Dante316

Nope. Gatekeeper was fine. Atheon is hard D:

Yea especially if people not familiar with relic get ported and or glitches. But even still 3 to 4 portal runs should take him out. The titan puts weapons of light really is underused by people I have noticed. Just pop that in the center, and fly back and use rockets. If not just walk in and out and snipe. Helps take the boss down alot faster.

That strat works quite well. If there's any trouble keeping the right portal up with 2 people, you can acually solo the conflux pretty easily. After the left portal, just run straight to the top, at the back and stand behind the minotaur spawn. Gjallahorn or Corrective Measure each one down, and keep their aggro on you. You don't have to worry about getting sniped in the back by Hobbies and there won't be any sacrifices. Just a giant pile of dead Minotaurs at the end. You can even just keep their aggro and run around in circles, using the pillars for cover kinda like Atheon cheese. I've had a congo line of 5 Mino's running around up there before, pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom