• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
B1fKFzeCYAAicVT.jpg:large
whoa. neat.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You sound like some sort of Destiny hoarder, 173 energies, really?

Maxed: Ice Breaker, Praedyth's Revenge, Atheon's Epilogue, AF1-XRYL (Scout Rifle), Corrective Measure

Guns being leveled up now to get 300: Vision of Confluence, Truth, Thunderlord, and Patience & Time
Bounty Working: Invectus

Agent

I love helium farming. Get some podcasts and it's not too bad.

It used to be my favorite material to farm but it has fallen quickly on my list. I think I keep getting bad servers with people who don't pay attention to how to farm. I even send messages to try and team up, but that usually doesn't help. It almost sometimes seems like people think its a competition to get materials/chests first or they don't get anything. I just server hop until I find one with no one in the area which can be time consuming.

Anyone/group out there doing Hardmode raid at gatekeeper or Atheon? Lvl 29 Sun Warlock here, maxed VoC, Icebreaker, ect... Looking to run hard Raid at either Atheon checkpoint or gatekeeper checkpoint. Just need to get those two beat before the weekly reset.

PS4, PSN: Carolina-Blue

Dante316

Tried Fatebringer in PvP for awhile. Yup, still don't like handcannons...

Only those who pull the trigger with bullets raining down on you and aiming for the body/head shots are worthy of handcannons. Also reloading casually with those precious 12 bullets of death. ..its a epic feeling.

LiK

It used to be my favorite material to farm but it has fallen quickly on my list. I think I keep getting bad servers with people who don't pay attention to how to farm. I even send messages to try and team up, but that usually doesn't help. It almost sometimes seems like people think its a competition to get materials/chests first or they don't get anything. I just server hop until I find one with no one in the area which can be time consuming.

No need to do that. Just circle the map until you enter a new area and go back. The mats respawn as well as refresh the randoms. Makes it less time consuming than leaving to orbit.

Bungie has acknowledged that it's real issue and that they are looking into it. Nothing official outside of that.

Scary bug if you ask me.

That has to get fixed fast but all kidding aside I'm more scared of them even touching that part of the game cause if the atheon teleport "fix" has taught us anything is that they can definitely break that shit even worse.

Gordon

It's a good gun, everything about Handcannons just annoys me though.

Maybe I need to try it more another day. I love the Crucible but I need to be in a certain mood to play PvP.
I'm a bit of a hand cannon fanboy, so maybe I'm just madly in love, but I can't seem to get anything to outperform my TDYK in PvP. Hard Light is a close second, and my leg scout rifle (proxima something or other) isn't too bad, but I find the range on handcannons is just right for crucible. They CQC nicely and they can still take down a sniper midrange or so pretty effectively, especially if you get the drop on him. I suppose playstyle is a factor too.

ThisOne

Is it a confirmed bug about not receiving upgrade materials sometimes after completing a public event? It's happened to me several times now and is really annoying.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is it a confirmed bug about not receiving upgrade materials sometimes after completing a public event? It's happened to me several times now and is really annoying.

If you mean right after it ends, it's random.

Oh, I thought it was guaranteed to get at least one energy or shard. Sometimes I get one right after completing, sometimes I have to go back to the Tower, and sometimes I get nothing.

First public event of the day, yes. Can sometimes give you a mote of light or strange coin though. After that, it's all rng.

Oh, I thought it was guaranteed to get at least one energy or shard. Sometimes I get one right after completing, sometimes I have to go back to the Tower, and sometimes I get nothing.

It's random. But after you complete a Public Event the first time that day you will get a package from the post master that will have energy, shard, strange coin or a mote. That's guaranteed, what isn't guaranteed is that you'll get something from completing any event after that.

shem935

Banned

The one that you get from the tower is the one energy or shard you get daily for doing a public event. Once a day for one public event. The rewards after much like the rest of destiny are completely random. Had one guy get two shards while I got nothing once.

Gordon

The ones that pop up immediately as you complete it are RNG. The one you get in the tower in the mail is a once per day guaranteed reward. Would be nice to see the RNG drop rate get buffed a smidge though, or at least hand out local mats like spinmetal on low rolls. Those eliminate the target ones feel like such a waste of time if you don't get a drop.

Once a day you have to go to the tower for a Public Event reward. Should always happen in your first one. On top of that you can randomly receive ascended mats as soon as an event completes.

Myself and two other recorded our rewards for completing public events for one week (Tuesday through Monday) and each of us seemed to stop getting the mat rewards after receiving five total. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but five mats a week from public events seems logical to me.

Daggoth

Right after is random. You'll get a coin, mote, energy or shard for a gold event at the tower, once per day.
Edit: beaten like our mostly 29 group on HM Atheon the other day

Gordon

Patrol missions should award resources. Period.
I thought they were supposed to once you levelled up some grimoire card?

Edit: guess not - I can't find one that would do that. Should though - would make sense. 10 rep is garbage, especially once you are past rank 3 and you're basically doing like 300 patrol missions for a chance at a legendary.

LiK

Need to give some love to Final Boss. It's really quite a nice sniper rifle. Void and super fast reloading.

I thought they were supposed to once you levelled up some grimoire card?

Edit: guess not - I can't find one that would do that. Should though - would make sense. 10 rep is garbage, especially once you are past rank 3 and you're basically doing like 300 patrol missions for a chance at a legendary.

Only mat upgrades are for kills on a planet. They really really need to buff these, to 2 drops every time at a minimum. One way to make farming less tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom