• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

That alleged vault glitch would make me flip my shit. Has someone here actually experienced it, or is it just hearsay? If it's real, Bungie should make it right for those affected.

Bungie has acknowledged that it's real issue and that they are looking into it. Nothing official outside of that.

Scary bug if you ask me.

dengatron

And maxed ass.
Assorted ass.

I've been deliriously sick the past few days and trying to do a hard mode for a friend last night made me realize how insane the difference in being 30 vs 29 in the raid really is. I couldn't see straight and had around 600 kills and the next closest was at 420 with someone having 145. Level 30 players need a backpack because apparently my core strength alone isn't enough.

Congrats on the flawless!

*sigh* you don't have to tell us about the hotfix glitches. So many glitches. Of course they sort themselves out after a wipe which doesn't help for flawless. What types of teleport patterns were you seeing on your attempts? We usually get a round of 0 teleports, then a round of 1 teleport, then it's back to normal. Whether or not you bring up the portals does affect it, however.

Basically if he teleports 0 you're screwed. In our experience he would just keep sending 0 until someone died, then he would send only that person. Only option is to try and kill him with weapons of light bubbles sans Time's Vengeance.
If he teleports 1 then they just pick up the relic and hightail it out of there without worrying about the oracles. Then just wait til the next cycle. 2 or more and you approach it normally.

Sitting here doing some levelling up on my Patience and Time. As I camp here and just pick off stuff in skywatch, some thralls parked under me for a bit.

Listening to them mash their teeth sort of alien-like is super creepy.

jay23

Speaking of maxed things I have enough energy to max 3 weapons.

So far I have suros, VOC, icebreaker, praedyths revenge, and corrective measure all maxed out.

Potential weapons- fatebringer, vex, truth, hezen vengeance, patience and time, and atheons epilogue.

Definitely picking fatebringer, any suggestions for other 2?

Basically if he teleports 0 you're screwed. In our experience he would just keep sending 0 until someone died, then he would send only that person. Only option is to try and kill him with weapons of light bubbles sans Time's Vengeance.
If he teleports 1 then they just pick up the relic and hightail it out of there without worrying about the oracles. Then just wait til the next cycle. 2 or more and you approach it normally.

Did you do anything specific to get him to not teleport 0 people? It's happened to us every time except once (out of probably 15 times). He would only do it once unless we brought some of the portals up.

So I never thought about it but I guess that makes way more sense. Because you don't need Time's Vengence that round and if you get outside fast the oracles don't wipe you if no one is inside the portal. Although the solo-ported round wasn't wiping us before, that would be an easier way to do it.

Probably not, I should have been asleep hours ago because it's currently 2am.

Okay, cool. We just need one more attempt, I'm sure of it...

Steroyd

Da fuq, that actually works? Why doesn't that wipe the team?

dengatron

Speaking of maxed things I have enough energy to max 3 weapons.

So far I have suros, VOC, icebreaker, praedyths revenge, and corrective measure all maxed out.

Potential weapons- fatebringer, vex, truth, hezen vengeance, patience and time, and atheons epilogue.

Definitely picking fatebringer, any suggestions for other 2?
vex should be useful down the line when it gets buffs so having it premaxed would probably be pretty smart. Atheons is okay for void week but meh everywhere else. I like hezen vengeance and use it for the first half of the instance since I don't have ballerhorn.

LiK

ah, so just take relic and run out. Much easier than what my crew was doing.

TTG

Is the game just trolling my poor level 9 hunter at this point? Log in with my 29 voidwalker, full slate of juicy crucible bounties, go in with the hunter and they're gone. I still am not earning marks(this doesn't actually matter, but lulz) and I've still got that stupid meter burned into the bottom of the screen, presumably so I can check exactly how far I have left before leveling up on a second to second basis. I don't remember things being so annoying first time through.

Steroyd

Is the game just trolling my poor level 9 hunter at this point? Log in with my 29 voidwalker, full slate of juicy crucible bounties, go in with the hunter and they're gone. I still am not earning marks(this doesn't actually matter, but lulz) and I've still got that stupid meter burned into the bottom of the screen, presumably so I can check exactly how far I have left before leveling up on a second to second basis. I don't remember things being so annoying first time through.

All 12 bounties don't appear until you're level 12.

Mattiator

Perfect thanks for that we shall be high tailing it

Qwell

We finished our 3x hard runs at Oracle / Templar, but I'm going to hand out the oracles checkpoint for about the next 15 minutes or so

PS4 = Qwell

jay23

vex should be useful down the line when it gets buffs so having it premaxed would probably be pretty smart. Atheons is okay for void week but meh everywhere else. I like hezen vengeance and use it for the first half of the instance since I don't have ballerhorn.

Yea I was thinking about hezen vengeance, really need some good rockets. I was planning on waiting for ghorn but who knows when xur will bring that back.

todd360

RNGesus graced you with raid boots. He did the same for me except instead of boots, it was salvage. :D

It rotates between two different modes every week, you knob. Stop working 10 hour shifts.

I had no idea fig. The other game types kinda suck so I never bother to keep track of them.
I haven't even enjoyed these boots yet. I could still return them to the store if I wanted to. They are in mint condition. I've been going hard in the paint with my titan.

OK. Atheon HM Looking for two level 30s to help.

We just had two leave who had to call it a night. We're so, so close. Message me! MrChowderClam on PS4.

Cheers :D

edit: full!

Leveled my titan alt this weekend from 5 to 18. Might get to 20 before I call it a night. Hoping to have 3 nightfall/raid characters for next week (already at 29 w/ my hunter and 28 with my warlock). It honestly wasn't that bad. It changed things up from my usual daily grind, and I had a lot of fun playing as a titan. The "story" missions give enough experience that I was always leveling or close to leveling after completing them, which made me constantly want to do more to keep progressing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Leveled my titan alt this weekend from 5 to 18. Might get to 20 before I call it a night. Hoping to have 3 nightfall/raid characters for next week (already at 29 w/ my hunter and 28 with my warlock). It honestly wasn't that bad. It changed things up from my usual daily grind, and I had a lot of fun playing as a titan. The "story" missions give enough experience that I was always leveling or close to leveling after completing them, which made me constantly want to do more to keep progressing.
The problem is when you hit 26 and you have to just grind for marks to get gear. Then you have to play the raid lottery after you hit 28 with your normal leg gear.

LordofPwn

Finally hit level 30 today, feels good. Only took over 200 hours. Still want the raid helm though. I've got a hard Atheon save if anyone wants to take a stab with me later tonight.

MADGAME

30 Titan PSN PikaPuff

PSN PikaPuff

Sorry we ended up getting a group but I'll add you in hopes we can run it another time.

Sorry man, I shouldn't have put you on the spot like that, I know you do good work. Discriminate was meant to be tongue in cheek but...you know, internets. When you said something like "more than one 29 is just too hard", I felt like it needed a counter point stating that it's harder, but not terribly so.

I do realize there are times where you just want to get it done. In and out without much fuss, especially if you're sitting on multiple failed attempts.
Hey no worries and no need to apologize. Sometimes text-based communication doesn't lend itself to interpreting tone and inflection. Hope I didn't come across as some elitist, that was definitely not my intention or philosophy for playing the game.

maomaoIYP

Any thoughts on the 6 subclasses in PvP? I've begun to realize that I can't play Titans effectively.
In terms of personal effectiveness: gunslinger > voidwalker > bladedancer > sunsinger > striker > defender
However I vastly prefer playing my voidwalker over my gunslinger. Also, last night I was firing MG rounds into a dude as he popped his bubble shield. I saw his bubble pop up, then half a second later he gets killed from my gunfire. He must have been pissed.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I'm up too 203 Ascendant Shards and 173 Ascendant Energies...

I swear to god this game is now just fucking with me
Shit I need is going to players who already are 30 and are breaking them down for materials (/_\;)
Damn you Titan/Hunter Greaves

TTG

So I'm up too 203 Ascendant Shards and 173 Ascendant Energies...

I swear to god this game is now just fucking with me
Shit I need is going to players who already are 30 and are breaking them down for materials (/_\;)
Damn you Titan/Hunter Greaves

You sound like some sort of Destiny hoarder, 173 energies, really?

lunlunqq

Just did a pretty awesome raid via BruceLeeRoy and a few other gaffers. Popped the raid cherry for my hunter girl. Got boots and Thunderlord (already have). Now I can level her to 29 without wasting too many shards. Sorry I could talk. Baby is sleeping and I can only play it on Vita via remote play.

Agent

Farming materials is a monotonous experience that gets even worse when you encounter someone who keeps messing up the route because they jump ahead not knowing where the spawns are. Absolutely annoying. I think helium filaments is at the top of the list of the worst material to farm, and almost all of my titan armor requires it.

LiK

Farming materials is a monotonous experience that gets even worse when you encounter someone who keeps messing up the route because they jump ahead not knowing where the spawns are. Absolutely annoying. I think helium filaments is at the top of the list of the worst material to farm, and almost all of my titan armor requires it.

I love helium farming. Get some podcasts and it's not too bad.

The problem is when you hit 26 and you have to just grind for marks to get gear. Then you have to play the raid lottery after you hit 28 with your normal leg gear.
I've got an exotic, legendary, and lvl 20 rare pieces of armor in the vault, so it should go relatively fast. I haven't ran tiger strikes in a while so it'll be a nice change of pace.

*Splinter

I feel so stupid for not thinking of this... Of course he only wipes those in the portal!

OK. Atheon HM Looking for two level 30s to help.

We just had two leave who had to call it a night. We're so, so close. Message me! MrChowderClam on PS4.

Cheers :D

edit: full!

DONE! Thanks to Camokid and rNilla for sticking around the entire time.

FWIW we spent about 3 hours bashing our head against the wall with a groups of five 29s and with just 2 more 30s we beat him in 2 ports (around 5 minutes). Gjallerhorn does insane damage against Atheon. Insane.

rNilla

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

g4frRUK.jpg
(Also, that's Timebreaker #5)

DONE! Thanks to Camokid and rNilla for sticking around the entire time.

FWIW we spent about 3 hours bashing our head against the wall with a groups of five 29s and with just 2 more 30s we beat him in 2 ports (around 5 minutes). Gjallerhorn does insane damage against Atheon. Insane.

Great run. Obliterated Atheon with two 'horns -- that thing is no joke.

ethomaz

Banned
I need more ass shards... I really thought I have a lot but it was not enough to lvl up all the raid gears for my Titan alt.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So somewhat related to the player vault glitch has anyone had issues with their charactors being deleted/gone? Cuz I was switching chars/gear to do a hard raid on my hunter and it gave me the default char select screen twice. Thankfully pressing cancel got my chars to show up. Scared the crap out of me. I would have been fucking livid. So many bugs/lag tonight though holy crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom