• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Owen

Banned
Is it better to do the normal raid before hard if you're just looking for one piece of equipment to get to 30? It seems like my chances would be fewer since hard mode drops can also be potential loot on hard.

Anyone else upset about the no burn modifier on nightfall? That's the only thing that makes it unique.

I wonder if that's gonna be a common thing going forward since most people have primaries with elemental damage now and maybe Bungie feel the nightfalls are too easy with burn

Gurrry

Is it better to do the normal raid before hard if you're just looking for one piece of equipment to get to 30? It seems like my chances would be fewer since hard mode drops can also be potential loot on hard.

Normal first

Pretty sure you will get boots on your first run. They seem the most common (atleast for me anyways as I have gotten them 3 times and no other raid pieces).

Plus, hard mode is going to really test your patience. Something that may run thin if you plan on doing this with people off of LFG

koryuken

Normal first

Pretty sure you will get boots on your first run. They seem the most common (atleast for me anyways as I have gotten them 3 times and no other raid pieces).

Plus, hard mode is going to really test your patience. Something that may run thin if you plan on doing this with people off of LFG

I did both Normal then Hard this week. Next week I think I'm going to do Hardmode only.

Someone explained to me that if you do it hard, you get double the loot (normal loot slots are included if you haven't cleared normal). However, the hard mode rewards (i.e. Fatebringer, etc.) are now included in these rolls. So you have better chances of getting the hard mode exclusive items. Additionally, this saves me two hours a week.

Tovarisc

Datto & Co. basically speedran VoG. I'm surprised if raid virgins [no videos watched, tactics read...] learned actual mechanics, tactics and execution from that.

Atkison04

Sitting in orbit with normal gate keeper checkpoint if anyone wants to join up. Posted on destinylfg as well.."the7thAssassin" ps4. Anyone welcome.

Kalamari

Go hard, if that one piece of equipment is a raid helmet, definitely go hard. Odds are you probably have raid weapons already, just make sure your Atheon's Epilady and VoC is maxed for maximum oracle killing power.

GobFather

I did both Normal then Hard this week. Next week I think I'm going to do Hardmode only.

Someone explained to me that if you do it hard, you get double the loot (normal included). However, the hard mode rewards (i.e. Fatebringer, etc.) are included in these rolls. So you have better chances of getting the hard mode exclusive items. Additionally, this saves me two hours a week.

I don't think you get double loot for doing hard only, like you would for the weekly. You get one set for normal and one set for hard raid. You can look at Destiny app and it will show you in the chart as well.

arimanius

Datto & Co. basically speedran VoG. I'm surprised if raid virgins [no videos watched, tactics read...] learned actual mechanics, tactics and execution from that.

I'm a raid virgin. Don't know anything about it. Haven't watched a single video. Didn't learn a damn thing.

koryuken

I don't think you get double loot for doing hard only like it is for weekly. You get one set for normal and one set for hard raid. You can look at Destiny app and it will show you in the chart as well.

I have heard what I posted many times from many sources.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_of_Glass

"When completing the raid on Hard without having completed normal, at each drop point the player will receive a loot reward for both Normal and Hard. Chest #2 will give two rewards, one a Normal reward and the other Hard. Subsequent attempts on Normal mode will not drop any loot, nor will any chest contain a reward."

So far we have 5 dedicated Guardians.

-Subtervotion (Me)
-SquallASF
-Ashley_Us (areal)
-ethomaz
-Wretched_Walrus (Kensuke)

Going to be up for a while. Our flawless group is off for the evening, but if anyone else is running it shoot me an invite.

Psn: astropoff

Really want this done now. :3

You are welcome to join us if we have open slots. We aren't really lined up to do any runs tonight. That may change.

GobFather

"When completing the raid on Hard without having completed normal, at each drop point the player will receive a loot reward for both Normal and Hard. Chest #2 will give two rewards, one a Normal reward and the other Hard. Subsequent attempts on Normal mode will not drop any loot, nor will any chest contain a reward."

oh, if so... i'm skipping normal. Sorry.. thanks!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

I had thought I heard of people getting the raid helmet twice on HM Atheon in one run, etc. that would go against this, wouldn't it? Or is that just bad luck since you have a chance at two Atheon drops regardless...

Tovarisc

Did Deej get shards?

Did they get any good loot?

DeeJ was only to get loot and best loot he scored was Raid RPG [name escapes me now] to go with some ass, energy and chatterwhite. Didn't really pay attention to loots :b

Only bug that they really encountered was perma detain on Templar and Datto got it.

I'm a raid virgin. Don't know anything about it. Haven't watched a single video. Didn't learn a damn thing.

Sorry to hear that :/ If interested in VoG keep eye on Hawkians noobie raids and jump in them. If I had to choose between Datto and Hawkian as my "Destiny & VoG mentor" I would choose Hawkian eazy.

Promoting Hawkian since 2014!

koryuken

I had thought I heard of people getting the raid helmet twice on HM Atheon in one run, etc. that would go against this, wouldn't it? Or is that just bad luck since you have a chance at two Atheon drops regardless...

Bad luck... For example, I am pretty sure you can get two chatter whites on normal if RNGesus hates you :)

Another way to look at it, is you have double the odds of getting the Mythoclast for example (but its probably going to be shards).

LiK

DeeJ was only to get loot and best loot he scored was Raid RPG [name escapes me now] to go with some ass, energy and chatterwhite. Didn't really pay attention to loots :b

Only bug that they really encountered was perma detain on Templar and Datto got it.

Oh, he got a Hezen

Ji66a-Man

Got my last achievement almost 2 weeks ago, so I guess I have become legend on Xbone.
NSY6S72.jpg

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So far we have 5 dedicated Guardians.

-Subtervotion (Me)
-SquallASF
-Ashley_Us (areal)
-ethomaz
-Wretched_Walrus (Kensuke)

You are welcome to join us if we have open slots. We aren't really lined up to do any runs tonight. That may change.
Can I? PSN - Kartik21. I'm up for a flawless run anytime.

Anyone else find it a bit odd that no one has dug up the loot numbers/tables for Destiny, either from an insider leak or digging through the disc a bit?

You can literally find Loot tables for Diablo 3 that are so accurate, intricate and precise that your head will spin -- things that show exact chances of items dropping in certain situations -- difficulty, class you're playing, etc.

Since Destiny has so fewer variables -- far less loot items, for one -- it seems like something concrete would be known by now.

We don't even know if Xur is random or calculated. Kinda weird.

I have often wondered this. So many anecdotal experiences people talk about (and your own) that make you go "What. The. FUCK????"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom