• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to start trying Flawless Raider until I get it. I know there have been some dedicated teams running it and completing it. I want to start.

So if anyone here is also dedicated enough to try until they get it, let's start a regular group (Or join a larger group that's already been trying). I can bring either a 30 Warlock or Titan. Maxed VoC, Ice Breaker, Corrective measure. Maxed Sunsinger, Voidwalker, Defender, Striker.

As far as Gorgons go, I'm willing to follow the leader, but I also know how to go by myself. Jumping section is 99% perfect at with Titan (I never say 100% because everyone has a chance to mess up.) I'm less practiced with my Warlock but I've never died doing it with my Warlock before.

Atheon is the only part I'm really worried about because of the horror stories I've read on here about glitches.

PSN: Subtervotion

Available often.

Do you play more during the day or night? If night, I'm down for building a team to plug away at this. PSN SquallASF

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
"Jumping" puzzle with Warlock is pretty ludicrous...

Jump onto the first or second floaty block and run all the way to the edge of it, sprint and jump + glide off, deactivate glide, reactivate glide before hitting the ledge. the little "crack in the wall" fall-off spot is way more challenging xD

Maledict

If they don't fix the loot situation in the raid in the expansion, i think I'm out. Whilst I was happy to get atheons epilogue, having yet another run where two of the team didn't get anything but crafting materials is just not acceptable. It is the opposite of fun,

ethomaz

Banned
I want to start trying Flawless Raider until I get it. I know there have been some dedicated teams running it and completing it. I want to start.

So if anyone here is also dedicated enough to try until they get it, let's start a regular group (Or join a larger group that's already been trying). I can bring either a 30 Warlock or Titan. Maxed VoC, Ice Breaker, Corrective measure. Maxed Sunsinger, Voidwalker, Defender, Striker.

As far as Gorgons go, I'm willing to follow the leader, but I also know how to go by myself. Jumping section is 99% perfect at with Titan (I never say 100% because everyone has a chance to mess up.) I'm less practiced with my Warlock but I've never died doing it with my Warlock before.

Atheon is the only part I'm really worried about because of the horror stories I've read on here about glitches.

Available often.
I'm down for flawless ;)

Jump onto the first or second floaty block and run all the way to the edge of it, sprint and jump + glide off, deactivate glide, reactivate glide before hitting the ledge. the little "crack in the wall" fall-off spot is way more challenging xD

This is what I was curious to try next time, worked well for you eh? How far did you cruise before deactivating glide? The crack part is super easy for me, I pretty much just glide past the entire side shimmy part. when you get close to the crack, I just jump out and hover around it and can actually float a ways across the shimmy so I barely have to run across it.

ethomaz

Banned

I find easy than do with Titan... I never get dead with my Warlock that is why I'm using him to flawless.

CornDogg

Yeah, my first time through I died at that crack in the wall spot a LOT. Making it across the gap wasn't a problem, but that crack...

The crack becomes much easier if you switch to focused glide and then just full blast it all the way up and around.

thaOwner

Man..RNG been good to me this week. Fatebringer, Thunderlord yesterday and Hawkmoon today. No armor pieces but thats okay.

Edit:

Need one more for raid.

v1br4t1ons

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is what I was curious to try next time, worked well for you eh? How far did you cruise before deactivating glide? The crack part is super easy for me
Basically you can tell when you're close enough that just your forward momentum will land you on the wall, deactivate then. After the first try (in which I didn't know if I should keep trying to hit platforms or just go all the way), I was never even at risk of dying to the platforms again.
I pretty much just glide past the entire side shimmy part. when you get close to the crack, I just jump out and hover around it and can actually float a ways across the shimmy so I barely have to run across it.
Yeah, on my Hunter it's basically wait for the fall and jump back up, easy peasy. On Warlock you have to get out in advance of it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Welp the time has come, my material gathering that I invested in 3.5 weeks ago finally has caught up

Time to farm 600 Relic Irons, 400 Spirit Blooms, 400 Helium, 200 Spinmetal...

JESUS!

Luckily I'll be farmed back to a 3 week advantage afterwards ^_^

Tovarisc

To be super safe jump from third floaty block and you need really mess up glide activate-deactivate cycles in order to die.

Kensuke

Available often.

I can help out. Got Atheon down to 5% health on one run. I know how to get past the gorgon's perfectly (their patrol is screwed up) and I know about all the Atheon glitches.

Best thing you can do is start a messaging group on PSN and add everyone willing to help. You can post there when you're available and everyone will get the message. My PSN: Wretched_Walrus

Do you play more during the day or night? If night, I'm down for building a team to plug away at this. PSN SquallASF

I'm down for flawless ;)

I can help out. Got Atheon down to 5% health on one run. I know how to get past the gorgon's perfectly (their patrol is screwed up) and I know about all the Atheon glitches.

Best thing you can do is start a messaging group on PSN and add everyone willing to help. You can post there when you're available and everyone will get the message.

I'm down for whatever works for the team. The idea is to get a dedicated 6 together and plug away at it till we complete. I agree with the PSN messages.

As far as night goes, I'm in EST. That makes me unavailable after 1:00am EST.

Steroyd

Sorry about the first run guys, didn't realise I got typecasted till my role changed lol.

Madness with that practice run in the end, the adds in the portals were literally all over the place wtf!?

Dante316

I use a different trick, basically sunsinger warlock, balanced jump perk. I jump on 1st platform, jump on second platform then I jump on third platform.
From third platform I just jump off to the where the ledge is , as Im going down, when few inches above ledge, I press x and glide on to it. Keep in mind your at the higher part of wall, not lower.
The next part u just run and jump out and glide against the wall. Safe and sound.

Kensuke

I'm down for whatever works for the team. The idea is to get a dedicated 6 together and plug away at it till we complete. I agree with the PSN messages.

Alright, that's cool. I'm on CET, but I often play deep into the night. Do you want to try tonight? My PSN: Wretched_Walrus

Stillmatic

Wasn't a bad night last night for once. This is what I got from 2 normal raids and 2 nightfalls, 1 each for my main and alt.

Nightfall:
Main | Deviant Gravity-A
Alt | Suros Regime (already had one that's maxed, my work mate who done it with me and doesn't have a Suros got -5- strange coins....felt so bad :p)

Raid:
Raid Gauntlets
Raid Chest
Hezen Vengeance
The Last Word
Plan C

What's better, Plan C or PI? I see the base stats all around are better on Plan C, but I'm wondering if the 3 shot burst make up for it. They'll both be taking a leveling back seat for TLW though. :p

Zakalwe

Banned
Going to be up for a while. Our flawless group is off for the evening, but if anyone else is running it shoot me an invite.

Psn: astropoff

Really want this done now. :3

I'd love to join a hard raid group before I have to go out of town for the weekend. Preferably a super solid group...been having bad luck with underlevelled/undergeared folks on the hard raid teams I join.

30 Titan here on PS4.

Deku Tree

Wasn't a bad night last night for once. This is what I got from 2 normal raids and 2 nightfalls, 1 each for my main and alt.

Nightfall:
Main | Deviant Gravity-A
Alt | Suros Regime (already had one that's maxed, my work mate who done it with me and doesn't have a Suros got -5- strange coins....felt so bad :p)

Raid:
Raid Gauntlets
Raid Chest
Hezen Vengeance
The Last Word
Plan C

What's better, Plan C or PI? I see the base stats all around are better on Plan C, but I'm wondering if the 3 shot burst make up for it. They'll both be taking a leveling back seat for TLW though. :p

I like Plan C personally. Bigger mag, good range and nice stats. But lol it's been stuck in my vault until the next arc burn mission. I keep trying to upgrade other legendaries and exotics so I don't have time to play with my fully upgraded weapons. Lol.

kidko

I use a different trick, basically sunsinger warlock, balanced jump perk. I jump on 1st platform, jump on second platform then I jump on third platform.
From third platform I just jump off to the where the ledge is , as Im going down, when few inches above ledge, I press x and glide on to it. Keep in mind your at the higher part of wall, not lower.
The next part u just run and jump out and glide against the wall. Safe and sound.

You can run to the right and drop to the small ledge against the wall below you. run and jump from there and do the same kinda glide and you should make it. Might take a little damage at the end if you don't have enough glide left to activate it again but you'll live.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Open first Mars chest

Rare Special Weapon Engram, Rare Body Engram, 2 Special Ammo Packs, 9 Relic Irons, looks like the odds are in my favor!

Normal Raid in about an hour need 4 more, thanks. PS4: arekkusu77.
I've got three, including myself, ready to go at 6:00 PM CDT on the nose. Level 30 Titan and level 28 Warlocks. I'll send you a friend invite as soon as PSN stops being slow.

Edit - Make that four. One of my friends just said he can join us.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's not too much overlap. Arc vs Solar to start, and they work really differently.

Plan C is sort of the best of the "traditional" fusion rifles, it's just good in all categories. Has a tiny charge time which you can even further reduce with its special upgrade. Pocket Infinity on the other hand is a unique beast. It's one of the best guns in the game outright, but definitely takes some getting used to, chews through ammo like crazy, and before you unlock its named upgrade it is pretty subpar.

Stillmatic

I like Plan C personally. Bigger mag, good range and nice stats. But lol it's been stuck in my vault until the next arc burn mission. I keep trying to upgrade other legendaries and exotics so I don't have time to play with my fully upgraded weapons. Lol.

Awesome, I was leaning towards that. Stats wise it just looks solid all around. :)

Edit:

There's not too much overlap. Arc vs Solar to start, and they work really differently.

Plan C is sort of the best of the "traditional" fusion rifles, it's just good in all categories. Has a tiny charge time which you can even further reduce with its special upgrade. Pocket Infinity on the other hand is a unique beast. It's one of the best guns in the game outright, but definitely takes some getting used to, chews through ammo like crazy, and before you unlock its named upgrade it is pretty subpar.

Thanks, I'm like an upgrade away from the 'Pocket Infinity' perk, so I might unlock that and try it out. Because yeah as you say, it hasn't been that great leading up to it!

Basically you can tell when you're close enough that just your forward momentum will land you on the wall, deactivate then. After the first try (in which I didn't know if I should keep trying to hit platforms or just go all the way), I was never even at risk of dying to the platforms again.

Yeah, on my Hunter it's basically wait for the fall and jump back up, easy peasy. On Warlock you have to get out in advance of it.
I'm guessing it's fairly intuitive if you do it from a block. I used to just straight up hover all the way from the starting point (over to the right side though where it's lower) but you do take damage when you land and bounce a bit so it's more risky. I'm going to shift to the method with least risk for Flawless runs.

Cool, now that daylight savings has altered, I'm only two hours behind EST (I'm MST).

I'm in. Seems like there's enough interest to form a group.

Added you

Alright, that's cool. I'm on CET, but I often play deep into the night. Do you want to try tonight? My PSN: Wretched_Walrus

I'm guessing it's fairly intuitive if you do it from a block. I used to just straight up hover all the way from the starting point (over to the right side though where it's lower) but you do take damage when you land and bounce a bit so it's more risky. I'm going to shift to the method with least risk for Flawless runs.

Cool, now that daylight savings has altered, I'm only two hours behind EST (I'm MST).

I will start a PSN group message soon.

Added you

I will start a PSN group message soon.

I'm actually at work now, going to leave soon but have gym and have to eat dinner at my parents tonight so won't be on until later in the evening. You guys feel free to build a team to run it sooner but I'll be available earlier most days and will be happy to chip in. Regardless, Flawless bros, add me on PSN: SquallASF and we'll tackle it going forward. We shall be Legends! Also, if your username is different than your GAF name, please put Flawless or GAF in your FR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom