• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaz

I've seen plenty of people kill themselves with rockets pre-patch inside the relic shield. Don't use rockets in it.

Thing is, they shouldn't kill you. It's not a Titan bubble. Sometimes they work fine and sometimes they don't. But I agree, because it's so random, better just not to use rockets inside of it. Doesn't mean it's not a bug though.

yeah THAT is not normal. Assuming your connection is strong/stable otherwise?
Yeah. 115 down and 14 up. I'm also in Ireland where the Azure server is located so connection shouldn't be an issue I'd assume.

Have all the correct ports open for xbox live. Have a wired connection.

I can't think what else it could be.

Van Owen

Banned
Normal first

Pretty sure you will get boots on your first run. They seem the most common (atleast for me anyways as I have gotten them 3 times and no other raid pieces).

Plus, hard mode is going to really test your patience. Something that may run thin if you plan on doing this with people off of LFG

Ran normal for weeks without getting any armor. Last week I got two pieces finally.

Ran through hard this week and didn't get any armor, just the sparrow and a normal weapon I already had....

Another full raid, just ass mats...

Why do I even bother?

If it wasn't for the fun I have with my regular group, I wouldn't.

6 weeks at 29 and counting...

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
You have me all curious now- how would one do this with a console game? I'm a little out of the loop on that level of disc-delving since the PS1 days.

Xur's inventory seems exceedingly random to me. Blissfully, painfully random.

Not sure. Since the information is probably on the server, it'd have to come from a leak from within Bungie themselves, but that's pure speculation on my part. I don't know if we'll ever know, especially with the drop rates for Legendary items being so minuscule, I think Bungie would rather keep us playing with some sense if hope. ;)

excowboy

Yeah. 115 down and 14 up. I'm also in Ireland where the Azure server is located so connection shouldn't be an issue I'd assume.

Have all the correct ports open for xbox live. Have a wired connection.

I can't think what else it could be.

Not sure about xbone but on 360 apparently clearing the cache can help with iffy connections. Maybe worth a try or at least see what Google says on that idea.

GobFather

Got my last achievement almost 2 weeks ago, so I guess I have become legend on Xbone.
NSY6S72.jpg

congrats! I doubt I can achieve it lol especially flawless :p

Material grinding in this game is so terrible.

I love how bungie says they never intended on people sitting in front of a cave shooting, but yet they apparently intended on people running laps around small maps picking up rocks.

I feel goddamn legendary, let me tell you.

Daemul

Why not? Takes em down pretty fast?

Handcannons have a 33% damage penalty against Oracles

You have me all curious now- how would one do this with a console game? I'm a little out of the loop on that level of disc-delving since the PS1 days.

Xur's inventory seems exceedingly random to me. Blissfully, painfully random.

After the whole thing with the Suro's winning the poll for what people wanted Xur to sell, and then him actually selling it when he appeared, I'm not sure if it's 100% random. I think on most weeks, his inventory is random, but Bungie probably have the ability to choose what he sells if they so wish.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I got one like that on Venus with 8 spirit bloom! Weird is this new?

Not really those just are uber chests

Well I farmed Mars for a hour got 171 Relic Iron
Got 3 uber chests, which really pushed my count up

Did Bungie really stealth update drop rates or some shit or I'm just feeling some placebo effect
Recent;y Blue have become really common drops

jaaz

Another full raid, just ass mats...

Why do I even bother?

If it wasn't for the fun I have with my regular group, I wouldn't.

6 weeks at 29 and counting...

I'm right there with you brother. 29 for weeks and weeks. All the raid armor that's ever dropped for me is three sets of raid boots.

Not really those just are uber chests

Well I farmed Mars for a hour got 171 Relic Iron
Got 3 uber chests, which really pushed my count up

Did Bungie really stealth update drop rates or some shit or I'm just feeling some placebo effect
Recent;y Blue have become really common drops

how long did you run Mars? I just ran for about 30 min and came out with 40. I go to OWT area and am pretty consistent and know where to look. I just hate material farming.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
how long did you run Mars? I just ran for about 30 min and came out with 40. I go to OWT area and am pretty consistent and know where to look. I just hate material farming.

I do Scablands and when patrols run out shift to Buried City, then switch back when those patrols run out

Trakan

"Jumping" puzzle with Warlock is pretty ludicrous...

Jump onto the first or second floaty block and run all the way to the edge of it, sprint and jump + glide off, deactivate glide, reactivate glide before hitting the ledge. the little "crack in the wall" fall-off spot is way more challenging xD

You can make it from the second block to the ground with every character.

SkylineRKR

Got my 2nd Mythoclast but I'm jelly. Some other guy got Praetorian Foil and Timebreaker.

There was this 29 dude in my squad, he rolled the Raid with Proxima Centauri from a drop, with some stability perks. He outkilled us level 30's almost double. Ridiculous.

Zocano

Beat Atheon on Hard again. Got the Timebreaker this time.

Guess I'm not too angry. First time I got it.

But I need to do the Oracle and Templar bits for hard! So is anyone trying to get a hard raid together? I'll run it as far as you guys want to but I'm mostly interested in Oracle and Templar.

PSN is Zocano

Deku Tree

I do Scablands and when patrols run out shift to Buried City, then switch back when those patrols run out

How did you learn how to farm so good? I need to farm a whole bunch of spirit bloom and helium later so I can get to lvl 30... but it seems like such a chore... got any good strats?

E92 M3

I'm thinking of getting back on Destiny...am kinda missing it now. Will most likely be jumping around between MCC, SO and Destiny. Sheesh...talk about first world problems.

EL CUCO

I'm thinking of getting back on Destiny...am kinda missing it now. Will most likely be jumping around between MCC, SO and Destiny. Sheesh...talk about first world problems.

Haha yeah last night I didn't fire it up at all and possibly not tonight either seeing as I already have COD:AW spinning, but I stay in this OT which always hypes me up. I like our little Destiny community :)

I'll definitely be Raiding tomorrow on Hard and I'm sure I'll be up at 4am as first in line at Xur's as usual lol

PLEASE XUR, G-HORN

Thing is, they shouldn't kill you. It's not a Titan bubble. Sometimes they work fine and sometimes they don't. But I agree, because it's so random, better just not to use rockets inside of it. Doesn't mean it's not a bug though.

I've heard people say it's because Atheon is shooting at you that sometimes his shots blow up the rockets as soon as you fire them. It's not worth it anyway. Just use a sniper or stay out of the bubble to fire rockets.

Namikaze1

Me: "Why couldn't it had beenThe Last Word? I want the Last Word!" :(
Toddv360: "You'll get it one day trust me. Wait, I'm lost."
*opens chest*
Toddv360 has found The Last Word.
Me: "Fuck you, RNGesus!"

E92 M3

Haha yeah last night I didn't fire it up at all and possibly not tonight either seeing as I already have COD:AW spinning, but I stay in this OT which always hypes me up. I like our little Destiny community :)

I'll definitely be Raiding tomorrow on Hard and I'm sure I'll be up at 4am as first in line at Xur's as usual lol

PLEASE XUR, G-HORN

Yes, it is a cool community and keeps my hype levels up. If nothing else, I met a lot of cool people thanks to Destiny forcing me to e-socialize lol.

SkylineRKR

Bugs we encountered during Atheon on Heroic:

-When he was down to a sliver of health, he warped 2 guys. We got confused and thus didn't send a third in on time. Wipe. nice!

-Detained in the portal (wtf?)

-One guy got warped. Yes one. We never had this before.

But on the flip side, the shield method went perfectly -all the time-. It doesn't seem to be bugged. Just never touch the shield carrier when you jump in. We did use Gjaller (well, 1 guy did), by jumping up. We eventually took him down in 3 runs, with 2 level 30 players and rest 29.

Kalamari

I have grown quite close to RNGesus, and I pray to him thrice daily and 5 times on Thursday. He has shown me the way. I feel like RNGesus is always watching, RNGesus is everywhere.

JB1981

Ha hopped into a raid team of 5 dudes. Fucking guys kicked me out because wasn't high level enough ha ... Was first exposure to it, not easy to get your bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom