• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Jawmuncher

So i'm a bit confused. Should I just wait until the 15th when taken king is out, if I want to play a new game with all of the features they have been talking about? Last time I played Destiny was back on 360 close to launch.

So i'm starting fresh on PS4 and just bought the Digital Legendary Edition digital.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
yes, very. Let's all calm down.
You can't stop the hype naught lnkn. It stops you.

So i'm a bit confused. Should I just wait until the 15th when taken king is out, if I want to play a new game with all of the features they have been talking about? Last time I played Destiny was back on 360 close to launch.

So i'm starting fresh on PS4 and just bought the Digital Legendary Edition digital.
I'd say wait so you can see all the new changes to the story.

YomommaZ

Do we know already what happens with stat rolls on the armor when we splash those marks on the blueprint kiosk and pull the year 2 version of previously aquired piece out? Is it the best roll we previously aquired? Is it the same roll we had in possesion on a certain date? Is it random?

I bet it's random

Gahdamit

sikkinixx

Sends feedback to Bungie. I like to report players who actually finish a Strike as Helpful and Friendly, and those who AFK as Inactive and Unhelpful.

Surprisingly, they do actually take this feedback into account as I've received emails from Bungie thanking me for the feedback and informing me that they've taken action.

Ah okay. I've reported some people about the nice stuff but I've almost hit the "unfriendly" every time someone teabags like crazy in crucible. Not sure if it's abusing it or not.

Axoman

If we will be able to grind legendary marks in the one strike playlist, why hasn't bungie included that information whenever they talk about activities that will give you legendary marks?

Kyoufu

If we will be able to grind legendary marks in the one strike playlist, why hasn't bungie included that information whenever they talk about activities that will give you legendary marks?

Nobody knows :(

Luke pls. We're getting ants in our pants here!

EL CUCO

I am fighting the urge to look! So tempted
Yeah just gonna stay away from the OT for a bit. Hopefully the buzz dies down
4c74c3326da65af5d3fb4d6536548c68.jpg

Mindlog

Where do exotic armors drop besides nightfalls?
I've been given Celestial Nighthawk, Bones of Eao and a bunch of duplicates from the Prison of Elders chest.
*Correction. I got Bones of Eao from a Flawless Trials run.
I believe™ they've only mentioned events where we can earn bonus marks.
Every event we currently earn marks in now will remain the same. Amounts might be adjusted slightly.

It's the only thing that makes sense given you have to spend marks to upgrade all your exotics and legendary engrams can now be purchased.
Why this ambiguity exists is a mystery to all.

the bigger hint is the URL

But its Planet Destiny's URL. they dont know much more than we do. Sorry, I want to remain skeptical that we willa ctually be able to explore that.
because it will be so much more awesome that way when we do

they seem to skirt around or ignore this topic constantly. I have feeling we are not going to like what we hear

GutZ31

Do we know already what happens with stat rolls on the armor when we splash those marks on the blueprint kiosk and pull the year 2 version of previously aquired piece out? Is it the best roll we previously aquired? Is it the same roll we had in possesion on a certain date? Is it random?

I bet it's random

Gahdamit

Your guess is as good as ours.

Axoman

Nobody knows :(

Luke pls. We're getting ants in our pants here!

cuzithink you cn only do it thrice a week

they seem to skirt around or ignore this topic constantly. I have feeling we are not going to like what we hear

Bungie says there is no weekly limit to the number of legendary marks you can earn (we've got the overall cap at 200, although you can keep earning as long as you are under 200), but if you can only earn them through a finite number of activities a week, then that is a limit.

I'm excluding the dismantling of legendary items as a source as it shouldn't be considered a viable avenue to earn a large amount of marks.

ocean

Banned
Raids, PoE large chests, Crucible randomly, even Strike playlists.
Raid and Crucible don't drop Exotic Armor, just weapons. Actually strike Playlist I'm not sure either - never ever had one drop.

I think armor is only NF, engrams, Mercury/PoE chest.

It seems that we are going to be grinding for alot of legendary gear, not to wear but to break down into marks because it seems like the only way to reasonably get marks. but you need the marks to get the gear. but the good news is, its looks likes theres different tiers of legendary gear, saw some at 200 light, 230 light and so on. so we get some, break it, get more ect..

stb

What's the OG The100 link?

Could that, and these, be added to the OP?

Nevermind, the OG group is for sherpas only now.

Could these be added to the OP?

Alright, here we are. Join the group or groups that best suit your play habits.
Just click the friendly chibi guardians to go to the group.

Please leave the DestinyGAF Test Group at your convenience, unless you have an active game session in it, as this group will only be used as an organizational group for sherpas going forward.

(DestinyGAF UK is still pending a rename, but that's the correct group for the top left one)

ocean

Banned
It seems that we are going to be grinding for alot of legendary gear, not to wear but to break down into marks because it seems like the only way to reasonably get marks. but you need the marks to get the gear. but the good news is, its looks likes theres different tiers of legendary gear, saw some at 200 light, 230 light and so on. so we get some, break it, get more ect..
I'll hold off on this until it's cleared up.

They've been oddly specific in detailing only a few sources for Marks (Daily Heroic Story Chapter, Daily PvP, Heroic Strike) - but then quickly reassure you there's no cap on weekly gains.

I want to doubt this "no cap" refers to the potential for making more via legendary dismantling.

Bungie says there is no weekly limit to the number of legendary marks you can earn (we've got the overall cap at 200, although you can keep earning as long as you are under 200), but if you can only earn them through a finite number of activities a week, then that is a limit.

I'm excluding the dismantling of legendary items as a source as it shouldn't be considered a viable avenue to earn a large amount of marks.

yes, there is no weekly limit like before, but based on the activities they have stated you can earn marks in, being very limited it would seem. gives a fake cap.
the questions we want answered the msot are.
Will marks still drop from regular crucible playlists like before?
Will marks drop from vangaurd strike playlist like before?

so far they have only stated, Daily story, Daily crucible, and weekly heroic. given that these activities are limited. it gives a faux cap on earning marks.

Namikaze1

Gawddamn! Half of the pic is covered and we only have 42 emblems with 2 missing to complete the 4th column.

For those worry about not making it on, don't worry. I'll be making the current canvas bigger to add you all.

Top Bottom