• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

zewone

mYMgnIG.png

Welcome back lamonster. And no, they havnt said a thing on it

hey thanks! I float in and out of passion with Destiny. Just completed all of my moments of triumph last night thanks to an awesome Skolas run. Super hyped for TTK :)

You still sitting on the one you got from Skolas Tuesday night? They haven't said if it'll be convertible to glimmer or anything like that.
yes sir, and one from Skolas Xbone last night! I'm pretty much going to stick to PvP until TTK so I don't think EL has any more use to me.

Okay so you guys we know the patch is coming on the 8th. Do you think all changes will come that day or wait until the flip the switch? Obviously weapon patch is a given but I'm talking things like vault space, collections, blueprints, etc. you know a lot of the QOL changes. I'm really hoping they come on the 8th.

My hope is that the Vault/Collections hit, but vendor updates don't. Like Eris won't sell Sunsetting shader anymore, New Monarchy won't sell emblems anymore. I want to have the Collections active, check everything I have in, then have the vendors update when TK goes live. I just don't have room for everything right now.

E92 M3

Heard at the end of the other topic that DGAF was cliquey? How so? I've been able to get into groups pretty easy during gaming rush hours.

It's really not.

Long Story Short

OG Hunter
Created a couple alts for kid to play with
Deleted alts
Created Alt 2 and 3 (Warlock and Titan)
Deleted Alt 2 and 3 - Forever 29 syndrome
Created Hunters Alt 2 and 3 and ran 3 Hunters
Deleted Hunters Alt 2 and 3
Created Warlock and Titan.

End of story

Craziness

My hope is that the Vault/Collections hit, but vendor updates don't. Like Eris won't sell Sunsetting shader anymore, New Monarchy won't sell emblems anymore. I want to have the Collections active, check everything I have in, then have the vendors update when TK goes live. I just don't have room for everything right now.

Woah?!? She ain't selling shaders after patch. Do I need to buy them before it hits?!? As I have no room

Juraash

So later tonight I'm going to try and draft some crucible games from you find folks here. Fair warning, I'm really garbage at PVP, but I'd like to at least finish my triumphs (need wins) and maybe faceroll enough kills/assists in the process to finish the Bad Juju bounty.

On another note, Xur is making sure I save my coins and motes this week. Ah well, I'm not sure what I was hoping he'd bring anyways.

darthbob

Heard at the end of the other topic that DGAF was cliquey? How so? I've been able to get into groups pretty easy during gaming rush hours.

If cliquey is code for "I like to play with friends that I've made on GAF", then yes, it's cliquey.

But it really isn't.

Not at all. I would say DGAF was a little cliquey pre-release, but those days are long gone. Half of those people didn't seem to even enjoy the game and moved on rather quickly (i.e. Dax).

Axoman

Helped a friend get his first Skolas kill last night. Felt good.

I don't like to do this, bu I'm calling on my Xbox bros for help with trials this weekend. I really need to get 5 wins on each character.

NeOak

I am done with how lag affects bladedancer in PvP. Hit someone twice for 0 damage, fuck this shit.

Which is why I had to get the Netduma.

I've been able to tune it so it can get the max of people in the area you want and then it won't kick me

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm hoping that we at least get blueprint terminal up. Tired or carrying all these extra guns around when I can shard them.

Namikaze1

Holy fucking hell! My Internet is fine. Was doing fine and then shit hit the fan. Red bars everywhere. Everyone teleporting. Ended up getting a black screen for 2 minutes. I got just 6 kills from this mess. 6 freaking kills.

darthbob

Not at all. I would say DGAF was a little cliquey pre-release, but those days are long gone. Half of those people didn't seem to even enjoy the game and moved on rather quickly (i.e. Dax).

Hmm, I thought Dax enjoyed the game just fine but was getting harassed by other people on GAF, and off site. :/

You're still right though, about the earlier days.

OneUh8

I for one have never been to Mercury. Maybe some folks could help me with that this weekend. I think it might be the only thing I have no accomplished in this game. Friends I normally play with do not like Trials. They get owned too much lol. I can hold my own though.

EL CUCO

It's unbelievable how much we've played this game. I think for Black Ops 2 I put in about 500hrs getting Prestige Master and all weapons Diamond Camo. If it wasn't for a break to Platinum Bloodborne and The Order, I probably would have about 1500. Definitely my most played game ever.

Kalamari

I for one have never been to Mercury. Maybe some folks could help me with that this weekend. I think it might be the only thing I have no accomplished in this game. Friends I normally play with do not like Trials. They get owned too much lol. I can hold my own though.

Keep browsing the thread during trials, there will probably be some people running carry trains.

stb

Happy OT29! TTK hype is in full swing. So happy I decided to and was able to take off the 15th and 16th!

Nice! I took off the 15th and 16th off too. The easy part was requesting it off at work, the tough part was explaining why to the GF...

I have 6 vacation days I must use by the end of November, so I bit the bullet and requested 15/16 off, as well. It's not guaranteed, because there's a pretty big project I'm responsible with some key dates around then. I'll confirm when the request is approved or not.

I feel a little weird spending vacation days on Destiny, though.

GutZ31

If cliquey is code for "I like to play with friends that I've made on GAF", then yes, it's cliquey.

But it really isn't.

I do think people get over looked at times, but I also see people posting once, and just letting themselves get drowned out by the other posters.

This leads to 3 types of decisions people make here.
  1. They post again in hopes to get noticed in the flood of posts.
  2. They leave the thread for the day becuase they were not noticed the first time.
  3. They write about how they can't find anyone to play with, and that DGaf is some how bad.

For the first(1) one, its the right call, as regulars know, you kind of have to stay positive to be noticed.
pictures help too.

Second(2), these posters are usually doing themselves a disservice not even knowing it.
People usually do respond, but can be late to it. Reasons for leaving the thread are numerous, so not really anyones fault, but doesn't help the situate, even if no one does respond the first time. Do a number 1.

Finally, we have the third(3). This one usually receives the absolute LEAST attention, and for good reason.
There are usually multiple opportunities for people to group up, newbie or not.
They have almost always been first come first serve groupings.
Late to the party? Don't write salt because you feel left out. We can feed off emotions too, and negativity can just leave us in a bad mood just the same.
This has, in some instances lead to people being ignored, purely because of negative rants on gaffers.

There are still a few who still help even the negative posters, and it helps out a lot, but it by and large does little to bring people closer, or wanting to play with such posters.

Many that have posted negatively in the past and were helped are much more positive, and just brings DGaf to a much better synergy the more we keep helping each other.

I hope that new posters, or people that feel like they are ignored take some notice to this, as I really feel that if you come in with a hostile attitude, its likely to be mirrored to some degree.
But if you keep positive, you may find out how humble the people here can be.

darthbob

If over 1k hours is in the 9000 area, who is number 1 and how many hours do thry have logged?

There's literally a leaderboard right below Deku's stats lol

This guy is #1, and he's on Xbox. :p

I hope that new posters, or people that feel like they are ignored take some notice to this, as I really feel that if you come in with a hostile attitude, its likely to be mirrored to some degree.
But if you keep positive, you may find out how humble the people here can be.

Agreed 100%.

darthbob

Ahh. Got to scroll, also
Wtf?

And how?

I don't know how anyone could play for that long, but they apparently manage.

Weird that he/she doesn't have a complete Grimoire tho

I'm only at 880 hours. I'm guessing this is only time NOT spent on Orbit or Tower/Reef

Right, the time shown doesn't account for social spaces or being in Orbit. Only when you're boots on the ground with a rifle in your hand does it count the time.

Top Bottom