• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Back from lunch, did I miss everything again?

I hope trials is black shield!
It's old but don't click if on blackout DO NOT CLICK OR QUITE ME IF YOURE ON BLACK OUT

WTF how did i miss this?

(story spoilers)
http://i2.wp.com/planetdestiny.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/windows-court-story-mission.png

tumblr_mkylqkKOKd1rueaz4o2_250.gif

ocean

Banned
Gawddamn! Half of the pic is covered and we only have 42 emblems with 2 missing to complete the 4th column.

For those worry about not making it on, don't worry. I'll be making the current canvas bigger to add you all.
I'll send you mine tonight. Still don't know what emblem to pick: this ain't easy.

Is GameInformer done with the drip feed? Or are there more announced stories still pending?

Gawddamn! Half of the pic is covered and we only have 42 emblems with 2 missing to complete the 4th column.

For those worry about not making it on, don't worry. I'll be making the current canvas bigger to add you all.

What's the best way to get you a picture of my emblem?

stb

Do our emblems have to be "real" emblems, or can we make customized ones?

Namikaze1

What's the best way to get you a picture of my emblem?

Darthbob has it covered. Anyway, make sure it has your GT/PSN ID. :)

Do our emblems have to be "real" emblems, or can we make customized ones?
Has to be one of the ingame emblems. You can also use the template for emblems not currently available in the game yet like one gaffer did. I may change mine to the VIP emblem.

I'll hold off on this until it's cleared up.

They've been oddly specific in detailing only a few sources for Marks (Daily Heroic Story Chapter, Daily PvP, Heroic Strike) - but then quickly reassure you there's no cap on weekly gains.

I want to doubt this "no cap" refers to the potential for making more via legendary dismantling.

All signs seem to pointing that it does.

It seems to make sense.

Reducing progression speed impacts like 10% of the hardest of hardcore daily players. Destiny is not a microtransaction game, so it doesn't need to cater to whales.

What it does want to clearly do is make your acquisitions matter to you.

Now that is a different track then a super high level player feeling "stuck" because they raced through everything they could for the week. Their decision to spread these limits across all three characters also points to this. They don't want people to feel like they need three characters to get their max weekly loot.

This is, I believe, what Bungie wants your Destiny end game week to look like. You got a Legendary on Tuesday. It's wonderful, or it's not. You spend a few hours every day filling out the slots with mats and XP. Or you do some activities to gain XP so you can use the loot. By the next Tuesday, you've spent the week with your new gear and it means something to you.

What your week looks like now: Nothing to buy from Vendors, one thing to buy from Xur, you're maxed out on marks and mats. Your gear is a blur of numbers and perks, and god help you, even Fatebringer is boring to you now, so much so that the Strike stream hand cannon was annoying just from the damn sound of it.

I prefer the first one. It's different, and it will certainly steer the game away from where it is now for high level players, but I think it's the right decision.

What drew me to Destiny at the very beginning, was the promise of that great loot. The way the UI made it more appealing than a Forza Motorsport car. I want that back. I want, like they said in EDGE, every drop to mean something.

For that to really be true, they have to pump the breaks. It will mean less stuff that means more, and I honestly prefer that instead of the situation now:

More stuff that means less.

ich00

I have a VoG hm run set up for tonight at 1pm EST on the100.io here: VoG!.

If anyone else is interrested and not on the site let me know I'll reserve a spot for you. I'd like to do the oracles 3x's to get out of the #ForevenNoFoil club, but we can just do a full run if that's what everyone wants.

Silvard

It seems to make sense.

Reducing progression speed impacts like 10% of the hardest of hardcore daily players. Destiny is not a microtransaction game, so it doesn't need to cater to whales.

Now that is a different track then a super high level player feeling "stuck" because they raced through everything they could for the week. Their decision to spread these limits across all three characters also points to this. They don't want people to feel like they need three characters to get their max weekly loot.

This is, I believe, what Bungie wants your Destiny end game week to look like. You got a Legendary on Tuesday. It's wonderful, or it's not. You spend a few hours every day filling out the slots with mats and XP. Or you do some activities to gain XP so you can use the loot. By the next Tuesday, you've spent the week with your new gear and it means something to you.

What your week looks like now: Nothing to buy from Vendors, one thing to buy from Xur, you're maxed out on marks and mats. Your gear is a blur of numbers and perks, and god help you, even Fatebringer is boring to you now, so much so that the Strike stream hand cannon was annoying just from the damn sound of it.

I prefer the first one. It's different, and it will certainly steer the game away from where it is now for high level players, but I think it's the right decision.

What drew me to Destiny at the very beginning, was the promise of that great loot. The way the UI made it more appealing than a Forza Motorsport car. I want that back. I want, like they said in EDGE, every drop to mean something.

For that to really be true, they have to pump the breaks. It will mean less stuff that means more, and I honestly prefer that instead of the situation now:

If this is the case then it will really suck for people who have and like to play different characters.

E92 M3

Hmm... Looks like we need to average about 11 pages a day to hit OT30 in time for the 15th.

Better bet busy with fluff posts.

Yeah, it won't be as easy as people think.

That said, I expect a lot of outrage on Sept 8th. I will personally be doing multiple posts about how Bungie ruined handcannons.

flkraven

If this is the case then it will really suck for people who have and like to play different characters.

People will still be able to juggle and play what they feel like. However, I think people will feel less obligated to run things with all their characters. Ie. If I feel like playing my hunter today, I can. Instead, I have to run my Warlock because it is my only character that hasn't maxed out his crucible marks for the week.

darthbob

It seems to make sense.

Interesting take, and I would agree as well.

Back in the earlier days when Legendary gear was difficult to attain we all had blues that we used, and now it feels as though Bungie wants to kind of go back to that where Blue items are actually relevant, and Legendaries are truly Legendary.

Burning Shrine? Gtfo of here with that shit. One week of rotating maps and the whole weekly rotation goes to shit. Burning Shrine blows.
Yeah, I don't mind the map but when it's every other week when there are plenty of other maps available it's stupid.

I don't even know why I'm mad, I totally called it a few pages back.

Obviously I'm not Nami but from the previous OT he mentioned that you can pull it from the Orbit screen or you can go into your Inventory and hover over the emblem and then take a screenshot there.

If this is not feasible then you can pull it via DestinyDB. Here's mine as an example.

Cheers! I will snap one next time I am on.

I missed burning shrine last time so well up for this one!

Silvard

People will still be able to juggle and play what they feel like. However, I think people will feel less obligated to run things with all their characters. Ie. If I feel like playing my hunter today, I can. Instead, I have to run my Warlock because it is my only character that hasn't maxed out his crucible marks for the week.

I like that aspect of the changes, but I'm talking about what the quoted post implied, that while there is no account wide cap on how many marks you can get per week, there's a soft cap on how many marks you can actually get from non-repeatable sources. That means that buying any legendary with marks is more of a commitment now, and that it's harder now to gear 3 characters in parallel since the marks and their respective sources are now account wide.

Having less stuff that means more is still less stuff, and if you have 3 characters you want to gear for the toughest content that means you will take longer.

Top Bottom