• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Time to upgrade the ol' PS4 HDD. I'm thinking probably 2 TB? What's DGAF recommend?

I use the Seagate Expansion Portable STBX2000401 2TB which I bought early this year.
It's great and easy to remove from the external case. Only issue for me is that the drive is beeping occasionally and this is a widespread "problem" (not really clear why it beeps)

Anastasis

I really hope all of these end game activities of the Taken King filter through the Court of Oryx. I love starting up a mission and seeing groups of three heading off doing their own thing. If the court facilitates more of that traffic and people are setting off public events all the time, it will be so, so good.

I haven't played Guild Wars 2 in a while, but the public events there were always a blast. Even though I played solo, there was always something I could participate with others in cooperatively.

Perhaps Destiny is moving in the direction of fulfilling that vision of itself it showed so many E3's ago with various fireteams converging on world events.

Anastasis

Kappa Koopa Cooper Copper
KJGnLkJ.png

Could you add me too please?

Lnkn52

Soooo, I just got home from Best Buy. Went there to pick up my copy of The Phantom Pain and ended up walking out with a reservation for TTK PS4 bundle smh. I need help Lol.
Damn, my girl offered to buy it for me for my birthday. I think a monitor would do me better though.

Dalek

I still need to do Crota raid hard and then Skolas POE, but the only free days this week I have are Tues, Wed and Thurs.

How long does it take to do each of these if an experienced group can sherpa me? I plan on getting my armor core today at lunch and then I'll be Level 34 titan.

darthbob

Is the installation and stuff hard? I'd be terrified of fucking something up.

It really isn't, you just need to remove the plastic cover and then remove like 4 screws and slide out the old drive and slide in the new one, replace the screws and cover and then install firmware from a USB.

Physically, that's about it, but if you wanted to restore a backup from a previous HDD then it's a bit more involved.

So I haven't played Destiny in about 10 months because I was running out of things to do except at that point, farming drops in a cave. Would now be a great time to start up again and relearn everything? I'm interested in the new expansion and what's been added but fear I might be too far behind to enjoy a lot of stuff? Maybe I'm just being silly.

The 2.0 patch drops next week, with the reworked leveling system, Nolandroid, questification of story missions and weapon rebalance. You can either wait and use that week to reach the cap using the reworked content or jump in right now and use vendor gear to get to 33 and acquaint yourself with CE and POE. Both good choices.

I use the Seagate Expansion Portable STBX2000401 2TB which I bought early this year.
It's great and easy to remove from the external case. Only issue for me is that the drive is beeping occasionally and this is a widespread "problem" (not really clear why it beeps)

I'd stay clear of Seagate HDDs. They are known for a high failure rate.

Is the Elder Cipher bounty glitched? Been waiting three days for Verik to "summon" me for the next part of the bounty, but nothing. I can see a "!" at the Reef from orbit, but when I go to Verik, he has nothing for me.

Can anyone help?

I think you have to wait 24 hours 48 hours or even 72 hours.

I have been waiting since Sunday. I hoping to have it drop by Tuesday, wait we are Tuesday, I hope it drops tonight or tomorow

GutZ31

Time to upgrade the ol' PS4 HDD. I'm thinking probably 2 TB? What's DGAF recommend?

If you are OK with some deconstruction, I highly recommend this external hard drive.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ILALU9G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Taking it apart is not nearly as hard as this video makes it out, but metal tools make it easier.
Make sure to format to exFAT before taking it apart, and also have a thumb drive ready to install the FULL firmware install.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW0d0u-FqoE

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation
and the full firmware link here.

Is the Elder Cipher bounty glitched? Been waiting three days for Verik to "summon" me for the next part of the bounty, but nothing. I can see a "!" at the Reef from orbit, but when I go to Verik, he has nothing for me.

Can anyone help?

The green icon glitch is normal (and annoying). And as others mentioned the time it takes is variable unfortunately.

I just can't seem to get skolas down with my group. Anybody in here helping people get it done?

I'm level 34 with a bunch of 365 weapons and I'm pretty decent I think.

I don't know about the money side of that equation. Interesting thing about YouTube Gaming is that it's "fresh terrain" of sorts? Don't know if it'll make a dent in Twitch but it'd be interesting to evaluate the possibility of being one of the first to start a name on that side? Like there's a lot of Destiny Youtubers but maybe there's room for a big Destiny YouTube streamer. And in that "general" niche, someone who is talented at PvE, super good at PvP, and isn't super annoying would be a welcome arrival :p

I just meant videos as opposed to a constant stream. I'm not sure if there is a streaming scene on youtube.

to that end, that actually sounds like more work. a daily stream for a few hours is more time efficient (and immediate) than daily video content. it's very competitive though. I thought Nghtly was a good fit for it but some people on Reddit say he isn't engaging enough.

I understand watching for somebody who is interactive and lively, but do people really want a bunch of shouting?

LTWood12

If you are OK with some deconstruction, I highly recommend this external hard drive.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ILALU9G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Taking it apart is not nearly as hard as this video makes it out, but metal tools make it easier.
Make sure to format to exFAT before taking it apart, and also have a thumb drive ready to install the FULL firmware install.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW0d0u-FqoE

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation
and the full firmware link here.

I'm no T-44, but this is above my pay grade.

Namikaze1

Can anyone help?
Variks is a troll. He will give it to you whenever he feels he has had enough of trolling you.

It's not gltiched. It seriously can take days for you to get the next part of the bounty. Some can be lucky and get the next part after 24 hours while others can take longer. A lot longer.

What about the others in your group?

I mean yeah they all have the properly leveled stuff and are at least decent. A lot of the problem has been just creating enough interest to get people to try it and stay with it. The whole thing has been a huge bummer because we've done all of the other content up until TTK without issue.

Kalamari

I was gonna mention Youtube Gaming to Zoba as well, it looks like a good ooportunity to jump onto a nascent platform whether your doing videos or streaming. And I agree about streaming, it does look like a lot of work and a huge time commitment, I think videos are a smarter way to go if you don't have the time to devote to streaming.

Also, who's up for NFx3?

GutZ31

I mean yeah they all have the properly leveled stuff and are at least decent. A lot of the problem has been just creating enough interest to get people to try it and stay with it. The whole thing has been a huge bummer because we've done all of the other content up until TTK without issue.

Is there anyone else on here that needs Skolas?
I can give a sherpa run, but only one.
Need food.

In the recent interview, they were talking about Titan Defenders complaining that other supers like the Warlock bomb and Hunter shockwave destroying the bubbles being cheap and that they will look into adressing the complaints. But really it's situational. In pvp I rarely see people exploit Titan bubble weaknesses, they just run in like morons. But then when people play smart and save their supers for instances where A Titan bubbles a control point or relic, it's not fair for the Titan? Give me a damn break.

FoH shockwave and Bladedancer Razors Edge both break the bubble AND kill everyone inside, how is that fair? Popping the bubble is fine, but that should trade off the killing power. I say this as a Striker, I literally giggle every time I see a bubble go up cause its pretty much free 3+ kill. Fairness should be dictated at smart/high level play, not accommodating people that don't know not to run into a bubble. I think it would be fair for bubbles to completely negate shockwaves, razors edge, vortex, shock pulses etc, it is flat out the weakest super in PvP...I think by far.

GutZ31

I need it-but I'm only 33. I was going to get my last armor core later today and try to do Skolas with someone later if possible.

How about this.
Go ahead and add GutZ31 to your friends list on PS4, and when I get back from getting food, if you guys are online, I will run a 34 and 35.

Sound like a plan?

xPhinehas

I'm trying to finish up my Dark Below stuff since i just started playing again. Is there anyone that could help me run The Will Of Crota strike real quick. I could probably do it by myself but I don't want to grind if I don't have too.

FVkvypo.png

anybody who got this offer/did this challenge get their etheric light from the postmaster yet? still waiting on mine, hopefully it'll show up later tonight.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
FVkvypo.png

anybody who got this offer/did this challenge get their etheric light from the postmaster yet? still waiting on mine, hopefully it'll show up later tonight.

Wait, how to get these challenges? I only get reports via email (latest grimoire cards, and stuff)

Top Bottom