• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Bahaha. Oh man... Bungie, you are just amazing.

Got a fresh-out-the-box Matador a couple days ago with shot package, kneepads, aggressive ballistics, and rifled barrel or whatever it is that increases range.

Then I get a fresh-out-the-box Spare Change... hear me out for a second... with counterbalance (to handle that ugly up and to the left recoil), third eye (my favorite PvP perk) and hand-laid stock.

All good though because they'll be useless for anything outside of vanilla PvP in about 3 weeks or so. Awesome.
p8qSDd9.jpg

Mindlog

anybody who got this offer/did this challenge get their etheric light from the postmaster yet? still waiting on mine, hopefully it'll show up later tonight.
Bungie normally ships the packages on Fridays.
I still need to do Crota raid hard and then Skolas POE, but the only free days this week I have are Tues, Wed and Thurs.

How long does it take to do each of these if an experienced group can sherpa me? I plan on getting my armor core today at lunch and then I'll be Level 34 titan.
With a good group Crota HM is well under 30 minutes.
Skolas can be a little trickier mostly due to playing it safe on the final encounter. I want to say about an hour is a standard time, but others can give a better estimate.
I'd hate to see a fellow GAFer try and get a stream going and get stuck like General M - ultra skilled, but largely ignored.
It took several weeks and a second highlight clip (that made the Destiny Reddit front page) for NGhtly's numbers to really start taking off.

Huh, just turned my PS4 on and I was prompted to update my privacy settings. Weird.

Have to do 3xNF, if anyone also needs them join on Duebrithil

If you still have a spot, I'll join in. PSN ArkkAngel007 so you know who is knocking.

Edit: Still gotta get that emblem up for Nami.

Good music is a good option. A stream song request can be alright I guess with some vote skip. No music is also a valid choice. Just don't force trashy generic EDM on viewers :p again, I know nothing about the broadcasting side of this thing so choppiness or consequences for montages etc. are stuff to consider but which I can't comment on.

And yeah I don't think Nghtly or Legend would be half as popular if they weren't playing together. Not just because of the success rate, but it's probably one of the rare instances where dudes on the Internet are actually funny. It doesn't feel forced, so it works. Too often streamers try and be funny but it's like ehhh. Legend definitely adds charm to the stream. Being able to go "yo watch this", get instantly killed and just laugh it off instead of getting salty? Positive. Turning it into a joke and actually making a bit of fun at your own expense? Even better :) it's the laid back attitude.

But yeah at the end of the day do your own thing and whatever you feel most comfortable with in terms of format. I'm sure you'll get a following :) I just wanted to point out stuff (which you admittedly already knew most likely) about what I've seen works and what doesn't on streams.

I'd hate to see a fellow GAFer try and get a stream going and get stuck like General M - ultra skilled, but largely ignored.

If I were to play music, it would probably be game or movie soundtracks and something funny occasionally if it fit. Should be something distilled because it's easy to play something that turns someone off. I don't know how that would sound over the internet though, and again, there are people who would prefer to listen to their own music while watching a stream (me being one of them).

The laid back attitude is why i joined that clan to begin with, and I'd hope they still are that way.

General was always quiet when I played with him. Even if he talked a lot, it wouldn't be enough to make it in streaming. Everything points to being charismatic. I don't think it has to be shoutinig, but should be enough to keep people interested. The only "gaming personality" that I followed was Cr1TiKaL. All he did was talk in his normal voice and play bizarre games, but everything he said was hilarious.

You have an ETA on when you'll be back up and running?

Soon hopefully. I need to go over to the bank and sort something out so i'll be able to buy PSN cards. Colonel has already helped a lot so I wouldn't want to burden anyone anymore. I'm hoping to help with the last few mercury runs before TTK.

I need to move back into the suburbs so I can walk to these places >.>

LTWood12

Who are you referring to if you don't mind my asking.

Soon hopefully. I need to go over to the bank and sort something out so i'll be able to buy PSN cards. Colonel has already helped a lot so I wouldn't want to burden anyone anymore. I'm hoping to help with the last few mercury runs before TTK.

I need to move to the city so I can walk to these places >.>

Colonel is the best. Looking forward to tuning in.

I've been away from destiny for awhile. I beat crota HM a bunch of times and stopped playing. I logged on last Thursday and did some POE and trials to get my characters to 34.

I used to be pretty solid at pvp with a scout or auto rifle, but now I'm gettin my ass kicked by handguns from a good distance away. What happened? Are autos basically crap now?

Also if anyone wants to run NF, please let me know. My psn is DreadfulOmen. Thanks

I've been away from destiny for awhile. I beat crota HM a bunch of times and stopped playing. I logged on last Thursday and did some POE and trials to get my characters to 34.

I used to be pretty solid at pvp with a scout or auto rifle, but now I'm gettin my ass kicked by handguns from a good distance away. What happened? Are autos basically crap now?

Also if anyone wants to run NF, please let me know. My psn is DreadfulOmen. Thanks

2.0 is coming friend.....

Just Pre-Ordered TTK digital collector's edition
so went to the reef pretty cool

but I can't seem to beat the asshole with the sword

maybe it is the lack of sleep, I played all night trying to level up a brand new Hunter and played until I reached level 9 the grind is slow :(

are Red Bull codes still a thing?

going to nap a while, is level 31 too low to beat sword guy alone?

people want raid matchmaking and randoms can't even disable mines in PoE.

fucking lol

OMG!!! fucking this!!! I remember doing a 28 PoE run just to burn through treasure keys and neither of the other two did any of the dismantling and died in ridiculous fashion, and this has happened to me several times. Now I only run it with atleast one friend ang someone from lfg.(don't even need to run it as I have all 3 HoW exotics)

Namikaze1

So this is strange. Someone sent me their emblem. Not saying who. This gaffer is light level 34 but they got some xp in their xp bar.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's my birthday tomorrow and I've been dropping hints about wanting them so I might still end up with them.

I've also been dropping hints about a new phone and Wind Waker HD so we'll see.
Sounds like you need to refocus your hint-dropping game

R0ckman

Did they change Skolas? I see in many strategies that people have to pull him and he easily gets lost, but its only happened to me once. The other times I faught him, he was stalking us the whole match.

Top Bottom