• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

True.
But if the raid is open like VoG, we may be able to do Court of Oryx runs with 6 man teams.
This would be awesome.

when it shows them fighting the boss it says guardians engaged 6 but still only three are in his fireteam. Hopefully we can start the raid and do patrol like Venus.

There's a few "types" of streams and I think the barrier of entry is different for each:

1. Competitive PvP. This only recently became popular as people have grown tired of the same old PvE content and start paying more attention to PvP. Problem here: most are on Xbox, and getting attention sort of requires playing regularly with the already popular guys like War and Poshy and Gabe. None of these guys crack 1,000 viewers for the most part, but they hover around a steady 500, give or take a few hundred. War would be the example to follow here. Sweatiest guy alive. As they say, dude brings his Xbox to the dinner table in case somebody wants to sweat.

2. General PvP: don't really have a name for this? I mean dudes like Wish. Super talented PvP but not in the sweaty scene, just pubstomping. All about the banter and interaction with your team. Gotta be cool.

3. Trials: this you know well. Like Nghtly, Cat, Unstable and many others - carrying viewers to Mercury, all weekend, every weekend. This would ideally mean having a solid wingman because double carrying isn't reliable and when you're doing it live, losing often is rough. Better one at a time at 90+ win% than 2 at a time with 80% - it's important that losses seem like a rare occurrence. I'm not really sure this is exactly saturated - people always want them carries - but skill alone isn't enough. General Matsumoto is a goddamn beast but rarely cracks a few dozen viewers - just too quiet. A flashy montage that goes Reddit popular could be a good way to wade yourself into this flexible niche, and with Trials going on hiatus with TTK you have time to save some clips.

4. "Hardcore" PvE: Speedruns, world first solo attempts, difficulty challenges, playing under leveled. Think HM05, Slayerage etc. I don't think there's room for a lot of guys doing this :p but I don't know much about it anyways, not my cup of tea.

5. General stream: a little bit of everything. These are the biggest streams - Gothalion, Broman, Streamerhouse. They're also the worst. But popularity you know. I think these are the "started with the Alpha" dudes (the big ones at any rate). These guys cast a super wide net, so their potential audience is just about anyone who likes the game. This in turn leads to them being, naturally, the closest to Bungie. Probably the hardest niche to crack. The established guys are so, so big and most of these guys aren't even thaaat good at the game so bringing a higher skill game won't away their viewers. Annoying as they might be to us, these are the guys Twitch viewers like to see.

Of course most streamers will go out of their box occasionally but I think these are the main categories no? Guys like Lumi and Nghtly are relatively new to Twitch popularity and they're growing at a pretty decent pace.

Pubstomping with witty commentary during the week, a few sweats in between, Trials during the weekend? I think Lumi's is a great template to follow in terms of stream variety. He just needs a little more consistency in streaming a bit more regularly.

Most important thing though is not to get your hopes too high. You're crazy skilled, but ultimately you're competing for attention against hundreds of others. I mean you yourself know tons of guys who play at the very highest level and are totally unknown outside tryhard circles. General Matsumoto is a great example - dude is a beast, streams every day, often plays with more popular guys like some Devils for visibility, and yet he still hovers at a dozen or two viewers. Then you have guys who are like legit hella avg and get tons of viewers because they found a group of fans who enjoy their particular brand of annoying.

Been saying for a while, I'd love a GAF stream to go big!

Id probably fit more into the general niche in that case. Wouldnt want to be limited to one thing. I still think YT is a better platform but doesnt seem to have as good of a return.

Nuszka

So i asked my wife to get me the Edge magazine so i can read something during my flight, she brought me a 150 page Gamesradar guide to destiny lol, i probably know everything about it but it was so nice of her.
10959805_1071945732823766_990031854258094458_n.jpg

Deku Tree

I wonder if we can do the NF and weekly for coins before the patch on Sept. 8? Is the weekly still going to be do-able after the 2.0 patch?

LTWood12

True.
But if the raid is open like VoG, we may be able to do Court of Oryx runs with 6 man teams.
This would be awesome.

They've said it's open like VoG. But you can't pick up Patrol Beacons on Venus if you spawn in as a 6-man team. That didn't matter though back when we were hunting the Wolves. I'd love it if the Court of Oryx was able to be accessed by a six-man team, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

jaaz

Is the Elder Cipher bounty glitched? Been waiting three days for Verik to "summon" me for the next part of the bounty, but nothing. I can see a "!" at the Reef from orbit, but when I go to Verik, he has nothing for me.

Can anyone help?

They've said it's open like VoG. But you can't pick up Patrol Beacons on Venus if you spawn in as a 6-man team. That didn't matter though back when we were hunting the Wolves. I'd love it if the Court of Oryx was able to be accessed by a six-man team, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I agree.. It would be really stupid if the big court of oryx bosses need 5-6 players but we can only spawn in with 3. Why is Destiny trying to break up my fireteam.

Tjamato88

God that looks awesome. So excited for the reveal. I really need to bring my Vita to the office so I can play/farm while at work.

GutZ31

So i asked my wife to get me the Edge magazine so i can read something during my flight, she brought me a 150 page Gamesradar guide to destiny lol, i probably know everything about it but it was so nice of her.
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/10959805_1071945732823766_990031854258094458_n.jpg?oh=574096f306c74c2676b45dd4e2fc9882&oe=566D3D30[/im][/QUOTE]

She clearly wants you to become legend.

Ambitious

Is the Elder Cipher bounty glitched? Been waiting three days for Verik to "summon" me for the next part of the bounty, but nothing. I can see a "!" at the Reef from orbit, but when I go to Verik, he has nothing for me.

Can anyone help?

It can take a few days. For me, it showed the exclamation mark too during the waiting time.

Mr_PinkFloyd

Neo Member
Im about to get a PS4

I have been playing destiny since the first day, i used to share the PS3 with a friend, he was the one that got Destiny at first (with his account), he didnt like it and i ended up playing the game, i got the expansions with my account

how do i transfer my characters to PS4? im going to need to log with my friends account, download the original game and then log with my account and download all the expansions (even the new one, that i got weeks ago), this is going to work?

Hope someone can give me a clue

(excuse my english)

Deku Tree

Im about to get a PS4

I have been playing destiny since the first day, i used to share the PS3 with a friend, he was the one that got Destiny at first (with his account), he didnt like it and i ended up playing the game, i got the expansions with my account

how do i transfer my characters to PS4? im going to need to log with my friends account, download the original game and then log with my account and download all the expansions (even the new one, that i got weeks ago), this is going to work?

(excuse my english)

It just works. Nothing to do. Save is on Bungies server. You'll probably need to own vanilla destiny on your own account to buy TTK for $40 though.

Ambitious

Im about to get a PS4

(excuse my english)

This will work, yes. Destiny stores your characters online on Bungie's servers. As long as you use the same account, you won't have to do anything. When you start the game, your characters will be there.

R0ckman

In the recent interview, they were talking about Titan Defenders complaining that other supers like the Warlock bomb and Hunter shockwave destroying the bubbles being cheap and that they will look into adressing the complaints. But really it's situational. In pvp I rarely see people exploit Titan bubble weaknesses, they just run in like morons. But then when people play smart and save their supers for instances where A Titan bubbles a control point or relic, it's not fair for the Titan? Give me a damn break.

Namikaze1

To those hoping for 6 player patrol fireteams, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you may want to look closely on those pictures above. The 6 guardians in the first two pics are the same in the third pic. Look at the Hunter with the blue cloak in the second pic. You can see him in the third pic just below the Nightstalker's knee. He's a blueberry. The level 30 warlock closest to Krughor is the same warlock on the Titan's left in the first picture. It's the same group. Sorry.

But hey, if the raid is open like the Vault, you can do 6 man teams.

So I haven't played Destiny in about 10 months because I was running out of things to do except at that point, farming drops in a cave. Would now be a great time to start up again and relearn everything? I'm interested in the new expansion and what's been added but fear I might be too far behind to enjoy a lot of stuff? Maybe I'm just being silly.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
To those hoping for 6 player patrol fireteams, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you may want to look closely on those pictures above. The 6 guardians in the first two pics are the same in the third pic. Look at the Hunter with the blue cloak in the second pic. You can see him in the third pic just below the Nightstalker's knee. He's a blueberry. The level 30 warlock closest to Krughor is the same warlock on the Titan's left in the first picture. It's the same group. Sorry.

But hey, if the raid is open like the Vault, you can do 6 man teams.

Yep, I really hope that the Raid is in the patrol space just like VoG.

This map may hint at it: http://i.imgur.com/IqfPzRZ.png?1

Soooo, I just got home from Best Buy. Went there to pick up my copy of The Phantom Pain and ended up walking out with a reservation for TTK PS4 bundle smh. I need help Lol.

Namikaze1

Looking at Krughor's name makes me sad since it reminds me of Freddy Krueger and that scary ass bastard reminds me Wes Craven passed away recently. :(

ocean

Banned
Id probably fit more into the general niche in that case. Wouldnt want to be limited to one thing. I still think YT is a better platform but doesnt seem to have as good of a return.
I don't know about the money side of that equation. Interesting thing about YouTube Gaming is that it's "fresh terrain" of sorts? Don't know if it'll make a dent in Twitch but it'd be interesting to evaluate the possibility of being one of the first to start a name on that side? Like there's a lot of Destiny Youtubers but maybe there's room for a big Destiny YouTube streamer. And in that "general" niche, someone who is talented at PvE, super good at PvP, and isn't super annoying would be a welcome arrival :p

Top Bottom