• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Eric using her ball of green light to set the 2spooky4me mood.
oFBqVae.jpg

Sp00ky Sc4ry Sk3l3t0nz

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok, at what point would you not use double sticky grenades with ressurection as a sunsinger in pvp? Guaranteed kill every time its stick and its ridiculous.

Lee

Eric using her ball of green light to set the 2spooky4me mood.
oFBqVae.jpg

Remember how if you left someone out in the Skolas arena they would show up in the cutscene? I just imagined some guardians running around, jumping, trying to buy gear from Ikora during Eris' spooky speech.

ocean

Banned
I just meant videos as opposed to a constant stream. I'm not sure if there is a streaming scene on youtube.

to that end, that actually sounds like more work. a daily stream for a few hours is more time efficient (and immediate) than daily video content. it's very competitive though. I thought Nghtly was a good fit for it but some people on Reddit say he isn't engaging enough.

I understand watching for somebody who is interactive and lively, but do people really want a bunch of shouting?
I think Nghtly is a fantastic example of what an enjoyable stream can be like. Only knocks on his otherwise great concept:

1. He's only on during weekends
2. Basically just Trials for viewers - no sweats or fun runs like all-Nechrocasm Control or whatever. Some of the best moments of his stream have been when he does something different like sweats with Triple or an all-Devils Rumble

Things he gets right:
1. Skilled play obviously. Those snipes are amaze balls.
2. The interaction with Legend is super cool. Doesn't feel forced and they manage to play at a high level while keeping the banter chill. None of that "what the hell GET MY RES DONT PUSH" super try hard intensity some other guys have. That's cool for sweaties but when you're just doing carries, I like the chill.
3. Fantastic music. Not the generic EDM stuff. I've heard sloslylove, Afta-1, maybe sevnthwonder (dont remember) - good stuff.

I don't know if the absence of a face cam is a factor. I'd like to think that it isn't because wtf but these things are strange. I personally don't mind either way but maybe it's something to consider.

Please don't be a screaming maniac :p

ocean

Banned
Ok, at what point would you not use double sticky grenades with ressurection as a sunsinger in pvp? Guaranteed kill every time its stick and its ridiculous.
Wat
Lol no
You want Radiant Skin instead of self Rez. You tank a ton of damage. Use it offensively as soon as you can. Kills with your guns or nades or melee are all orbs for your team.
Then you want Touch of Flame + Biking Funeral. Stickies are 1 kill if it sticks. Firebolt tags 3 people and burns them to a silver of health, blocks their recovery while they burn, gives you DoT ticks so you can track them, and don't need to be aimed - just throw it close to enemies.

LTWood12

Wat
Lol no
You want Radiant Skin instead of self Rez. You tank a ton of damage. Use it offensively as soon as you can. Kills with your guns or nades or melee are all orbs for your team.
Then you want Touch of Flame + Biking Funeral. Stickies are 1 kill if it sticks. Firebolt tags 3 people and burns them to a silver of health, blocks their recovery while they burn, gives you DoT ticks so you can track them, and don't need to be aimed - just throw it close to enemies.

^listen to Ocean.

Sofa King

Crux get. Finally have all exotic weapons. Now just the easy grind of rep for factions so they are just below level 3 at TTK. Should have 18 public event packages come th 15th. Do we know if each faction has an elemental focus (ie New Monarchy=solar)?

noomi

Crux get. Finally have all exotic weapons. Now just the easy grind of rep for factions so they are just below level 3 at TTK. Should have 18 public event packages come th 15th. Do we know if each faction has an elemental focus (ie New Monarchy=solar)?

Congrats on completing your exotic collection. As for factions having an elemental burn... I'm not sure. This is the first I'm hearing of it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
We still don't know the specifics. I think we were just given some random example.

I think Nghtly is a fantastic example of what an enjoyable stream can be like. Only knocks on his otherwise great concept:

2. Basically just Trials for viewers - no sweats or fun runs like all-Nechrocasm Control or whatever. Some of the best moments of his stream have been when he does something different like sweats with Triple or an all-Devils Rumble

Things he gets right:
2. The interaction with Legend is super cool. Doesn't feel forced and they manage to play at a high level while keeping the banter chill. None of that "what the hell GET MY RES DONT PUSH" super try hard intensity some other guys have. That's cool for sweaties but when you're just doing carries, I like the chill.
3. Fantastic music. Not the generic EDM stuff. I've heard sloslylove, Afta-1, maybe sevnthwonder (dont remember) - good stuff.

I don't know if the absence of a face cam is a factor. I'd like to think that it isn't because wtf but these things are strange. I personally don't mind either way but maybe it's something to consider.

I guess Legend is what's anchoring that more than anything. He was always the funny guy and that lets them do the Trials without having to wait.

I'd personally prefer if people were able to play their own music while they watched, especially since it can be choppy during the stream. If you're going through the PS4 and not a capture card, it saves every sound from the stream over clips, which makes them difficult to edit for videos.

Things he gets right:

I'm going to start a GUI stream.

Gaming Under the Influence

LTWood12

I guess Legend is what's anchoring that more than anything. He was always the funny guy and that lets them do the Trials without having to wait.

I'd personally prefer if people were able to play their own music while they watched, especially since it can be choppy during the stream. If you're going through the PS4 and not a capture card, it saves every sound from the stream over clips, which makes them difficult to edit for videos.

You have an ETA on when you'll be back up and running?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

(CLICK HERE)

PS4 - Thursday, September 3rd, 2015 - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • Minimum Level is 26 for Vault of Glass and 29 for Crota's End.
  • These are specifically geared for first-timers, and all encounters are fully explained for all roles, along with overall raid tips (and maybe even a tiny bit of lore). However, those who have run the raid before and even veterans are welcome if you feel like joining and can be patient with the truebies.
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
2 spots remaining.

Bahaha. Oh man... Bungie, you are just amazing.

Got a fresh-out-the-box Matador a couple days ago with shot package, kneepads, aggressive ballistics, and rifled barrel or whatever it is that increases range.

Then I get a fresh-out-the-box Spare Change... hear me out for a second... with counterbalance (to handle that ugly up and to the left recoil), third eye (my favorite PvP perk) and hand-laid stock.

All good though because they'll be useless for anything outside of vanilla PvP in about 3 weeks or so. Awesome.

Huh, just turned my PS4 on and I was prompted to update my privacy settings. Weird.

Have to do 3xNF, if anyone also needs them join on Duebrithil

ocean

Banned

Good music is a good option. A stream song request can be alright I guess with some vote skip. No music is also a valid choice. Just don't force trashy generic EDM on viewers :p again, I know nothing about the broadcasting side of this thing so choppiness or consequences for montages etc. are stuff to consider but which I can't comment on.

And yeah I don't think Nghtly or Legend would be half as popular if they weren't playing together. Not just because of the success rate, but it's probably one of the rare instances where dudes on the Internet are actually funny. It doesn't feel forced, so it works. Too often streamers try and be funny but it's like ehhh. Legend definitely adds charm to the stream. Being able to go "yo watch this", get instantly killed and just laugh it off instead of getting salty? Positive. Turning it into a joke and actually making a bit of fun at your own expense? Even better :) it's the laid back attitude.

But yeah at the end of the day do your own thing and whatever you feel most comfortable with in terms of format. I'm sure you'll get a following :) I just wanted to point out stuff (which you admittedly already knew most likely) about what I've seen works and what doesn't on streams.

I'd hate to see a fellow GAFer try and get a stream going and get stuck like General M - ultra skilled, but largely ignored.

Top Bottom