• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

todd360

In slightly non-Destiny related news, the Candy Train has left the station.

It's payment for him hooking me up with a Destiny Red Bull code.
It's a metric fuckton of chocolate from New Zealand

I'm sorry sir, but there isn't a stamp on this and we believe your foreign goods to be a threat to our freedom. Your under arrest for high treason against Obama.

SnakeEyes

Banned
:)

Expects GutZ to share :p
There would be more than enough.. provided his niece and brothers don't beat you to it ;-)

I'm sorry sir, but there isn't a stamp on this and we believe your foreign goods to be a threat to our freedom. Your under arrest for high treason against Obama.
It's because it hasn't made it to the Post Office yet. Also, LOL at your freedom.

Also, 15 episodes into One Piece. It's... alright.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Like ocean im interested in these stream related things so im sorry for being off topic (and maybe getting too personal, in which case you dont have to answer of course) :S

It's like this. Twitch derived from JTV because owners wanted a gaming only streaming site. But then JTV split from Twitch totally and died out. Now Twitch is getting into more than gaming, ala concerts and such.

My JTV stream was basically a chat room where random people came in to chat about whatever regardless of what I was streaming or doing. I even streamed movies at the time. Madcatz and Capcom blew up my stream. They use to tweet it out for me.

Kalamari

I'm really excited about the 2.0 pulse rifle changes, I think it should be a good all around gun for crucible.

Justin.tv was good times, people would stream all sorts of weird shit.

Werd

Got my first exotic weapon bounty option (Bad JuJu, Pocket Infinity or Super Good Advice) but I don't know what to pick since as far as I can google it's unknown if PI will have a year 2 upgrade. If I keep the missive in my inventory will it prevent me from getting another dropped?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Kiwi chocolates? Poor gutz...
You, sir, can...
72699095b799ceb799b6ad6023a5e6a1.jpg

And go back to your Kangaroo loving, and whatnot.

To be fair, from what I've heard, he may not get a choice though :D

It's like this. Twitch derived from JTV because owners wanted a gaming only streaming site. But then JTV split from Twitch totally and died out. Now Twitch is getting into more than gaming, ala concerts and such.

My JTV stream was basically a chat room where random people came in to chat about whatever regardless of what I was streaming or doing. I even streamed movies at the time. Madcatz and Capcom blew up my stream. They use to tweet it out for me.

I see, the mystery is complete :)

Thanks for entertaining my curiosity.

ocean

Banned
Just tried Jumper.

Bladedance is impossible.

Melee is so awkward.

Super please stop I don't want you now.

Seriously, using Arc Blade is impossible.

X-Frame

I'm really excited about the 2.0 pulse rifle changes, I think it should be a good all around gun for crucible.

Justin.tv was good times, people would stream all sorts of weird shit.

Pulse Rifles damage is getting nerfed by 2.5% though -- which if I remember correctly was what Auto Rifles were nerfed by this winter that essentially killed the entire weapon class. It is only the Medium RoF pulse rifles class though, does that include Red Death/Messenger, etc? High RoF must be like Skorri's Revenge.

Yup, that happened in Patch 1.1.1. So I don't know what that means.

EDIT: It does say it still takes 2-3 bursts to kill depending on Armor in PvP. My guess is that the Red Death/Messenger class will only 2-burst kill low armor classes like Hunter's, whereas for example Titan's will require 3 bursts if all headshots now.

Got my first exotic weapon bounty option (Bad JuJu, Pocket Infinity or Super Good Advice) but I don't know what to pick since as far as I can google it's unknown if PI will have a year 2 upgrade. If I keep the missive in my inventory will it prevent me from getting another dropped?

SGA is the easiest and fastest one. PI is broken atm and probably won't carry over to year two. Bad Juju requires a fair bit of grinding.

You can have a max of three exotic bounty missives active at once. Keeping one in your inventory won't prevent you from getting another.

You, sir, can...

I'm already back. Sending this terrible weather over to your side. Enjoy.

Pulse Rifles damage is getting nerfed by 2.5% though -- which if I remember correctly was what Auto Rifles were nerfed by this winter that essentially killed the entire weapon class. It is only the Medium RoF pulse rifles class though, does that include Red Death/Messenger, etc? High RoF must be like Skorri's Revenge.

So what should we be collecting?

Hand Cannons
Pulse
Auto
Scout?
what?

My Hori FPS pad arrived today. Haven't used it properly yet but I like that the triggers have really short travel time.

The Turbo feature is pretty good too for weapons that don't have full auto already.

Nice! I should get mine tomorrow or Thursday. Perfect timing cuz my second ds4 R2 button went to shit yesterday :-/

phen0m24

EDIT: It does say it still takes 2-3 bursts to kill depending on Armor in PvP. My guess is that the Red Death/Messenger class will only 2-burst kill low armor classes like Hunter's, whereas for example Titan's will require 3 bursts if all headshots now.

Two words:

Praedyth's Timepiece

LiK

My Hori FPS pad arrived today. Haven't used it properly yet but I like that the triggers have really short travel time.

The Turbo feature is pretty good too for weapons that don't have full auto already.

Mine arrived yesterday but still sealed. I'll try it out later in the week.

Kalamari

I think average skill players will probably find the AR more to their liking, but the players that can keep their distance and consistently land headshots with their PR will outplay them.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just tried Jumper.

Bladedance is impossible.

Melee is so awkward.

Super please stop I don't want you now.

Seriously, using Arc Blade is impossible.

Takes getting used to.

Like... 2-4 weeks of getting used to lol. But then you realize you can jump and look around or shoot at the same time and there's no going back.

DY_nasty

The damage isn't what killed ARs, it was the range dropoff, the stability, and every other weapon in the game getting a shorter TTK along with more versatility.

ARs still do decent enough damage, its just that their bullet efficiency is trash and at range they struggle mightily

Request to watch gameplay — Want to view a friend’s gameplay session? Now you can send a ‘Request to Watch’ notification to a player, which will start a live broadcast or Share Play invitation to the person playing.

Isn't this what you wanted Kadey? Something like spectator mode for Destiny?

Now you can stream everyone's scrubbiness, not just yours :p

Basically, this is what Bungie is doing to the weapons:

Auto Rifles:
Spraying makes gun less stable; precision aiming is encouraged
You'll be lethal up close but less effective at range.
Perks offer tradeoff between stability and range

Pulse Rifles:
Spamming shots makes gun less stable; precision aiming and player tracking is encouraged

Scout Rifles:
Long range shooting is encouraged; spamming in close range is inefficient

Hand Cannons:
Close range precision shooting and mobility is encouraged; spamming shots up close inefficient
Long range shooting and popping out from behind cover to "snap shoot" is inefficient
Magazine size increases are more desirable

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Isn't this what you wanted Kadey? Something like spectator mode for Destiny?

Now you can stream everyone's scrubbiness, not just yours :p

I wonder if you can do this with multiple people. I could stream an infinite amount of people at the same time.

ocean

Banned
PS4 community pane might be amazing for us all if the roster limit is not tiny. Don't wanna return to the dark ages of DGAF EU 4 and stuff :p

Agent

Nightfall x3 anyone? PSN: phantom8324

Edit: full

Warning: I haven't played Destiny in over two weeks so I'm prone to being scrubbier than normal. This has been my longest break from the game since release, which is crazy considering I have 1000 hours in the game.

GutZ31

In slightly non-Destiny related news, the Candy Train has left the station.

It's payment for him hooking me up with a Destiny Red Bull code.
It's a metric fuckton of chocolate from New Zealand

Expects GutZ to share :p

Obama chuckles "You mean, The Chaos Chocolates?"

There would be more than enough.. provided his niece and brothers don't beat you to it ;-)

It's because it hasn't made it to the Post Office yet. Also, LOL at your freedom.

Also, 15 episodes into One Piece. It's... alright.

are you trying to kill him?

He's got a big family, I'm expecting him to share the love :p

Kiwi chocolates? Poor gutz...

You, sir, can...
To be fair, from what I've heard, he may not get a choice though :D

Yassssss.
Let the chocolate flow thru meeeee

Kalamari

I take medium RoF Pulse to mean the Allfate, Payment IV, and Strangers archtypes. I am not sure why they chose to nerf this particular type, but oh well.

MrDaravon

Bit of a longshot, but anyone looking to do full VoG HM, or at least from Oracles or Templar? Still have never gotten a Fatebringer :(. Also still missing 3 VoG armor pieces.

DY_nasty

I take medium RoF Pulse to mean the Allfate, Payment IV, and Strangers archtypes. I am not sure why they chose to nerf this particular type, but oh well.

Strangers shouldn't really be in that category, but those other PRs can two shot people sometimes. With damage increasing perks, they get really, really nasty too. Could be a decision that has to do with perks in the future or balancing against new weapons.

That's also why I wasn't too surprised about the FRs not getting a buff. They are actually in a really, really nice spot now - its just that everything else kinda steps into its lane when that shouldn't be the case.

Top Bottom