• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Nightfall x3 anyone? PSN: phantom8324

Edit: full

Warning: I haven't played Destiny in over two weeks so I'm prone to being scrubbier than normal. This has been my longest break from the game since release, which is crazy considering I have 1000 hours in the game.

Just got booted, will try to rejoin fast

phen0m24

So the kids and I were in Target today and we found these in the video game area, right next to Double XP Doritos and Mountain Dew. They'll sell anything nowadays.

CN2b3K9WgAEFv2I.jpg:large

Can't believe it took this long to get this. 1st(and probably last) mark of the unbroken.

FyreWulff

Strangers shouldn't really be in that category, but those other PRs can two shot people sometimes. With damage increasing perks, they get really, really nasty too. Could be a decision that has to do with perks in the future or balancing against new weapons.

That's also why I wasn't too surprised about the FRs not getting a buff. They are actually in a really, really nice spot now - its just that everything else kinda steps into its lane when that shouldn't be the case.

Stranger's Rifle will 2SK in regular crucible if you select Aggressive Ballistics. Game basically gives everyone a top tier PR for free

Logged on to play some PvP and just had no desire to do anything in the game. Maybe I'll be getting MGSV to pass the time after all...

Has there been any word on if they will be releasing the CE stuff as a standalone for people that don't obviously want to rebuy all the stuff they already have? I've been holding off on preordering anything until this gets addressed.

I take medium RoF Pulse to mean the Allfate, Payment IV, and Strangers archtypes. I am not sure why they chose to nerf this particular type, but oh well.

Those are the medium RoF archetype but what confuses me about the wording is that it will now take 2-3 all headshot bursts to kill depending on armor after damage is reduced when that is already the case since they do 33 damage per round which means 3*33=99 99*2=198 which means depending on armor you can already survive a 2 headshot burst so the damage reduction isn't really necessary to accomplish their goals if my numbers are right.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Want to run NF twice, anyone up for it?

One spot open for a quick Nightfall. PSN: phantom8324
I'll send request if the spot is still open.

Edit: better yet add me if there's still a spot open psn id error2k7

vctor182

Behold my perfect fusion rifle!

gOmFy8t.jpg

- It's high impact
- Good range + Rangefinder bonus meaning the speed of the projectiles will travel fast
- Near perfect stability so the projectile spread is greatly reduced at long range
- Hidden Hand, increases the size of the hit box meaning all projectiles will hit

I've got a lot of kills with this gun because I can stay out of the range of shotguns

NeoRausch

gOmFy8t.jpg

- It's high impact
- Good range + Rangefinder bonus meaning the speed of the projectiles will travel fast
- Near perfect stability so the projectile spread is greatly reduced at long range
- Hidden Hand, increases the size of the hit box meaning all projectiles will hit

I've got a lot of kills with this gun because I can stay out of the range of shotguns

But.... It's a Fusion Rifle.

Geist-

Well, I'm currently level 32 right now, what do you guys think? Any chance I can complete the Skolas triumph before the reset? :-/

Kalamari

Those are the medium RoF archetype but what confuses me about the wording is that it will now take 2-3 all headshot bursts to kill depending on armor after damage is reduced when that is already the case since they do 33 damage per round which means 3*33=99 99*2=198 which means depending on armor you can already survive a 2 headshot burst so the damage reduction isn't really necessary to accomplish their goals if my numbers are right.

They might mean 2-3 shot depending on the starting health of the target. It might be 3 shots for a full health titan and 2 shots on a minimum health Hunter. That might explain their thinking.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

gOmFy8t.jpg

- It's high impact

I haven't played around with Techeun Force at all. I know I got one with god-awful perks recently... I wonder if I scrapped it. Rolling for one with rangefinder could be fun.

They might mean 2-3 shot depending on the starting health of the target. It might be 3 shots for a full health titan and 2 shots on a minimum health Hunter. That might explain their thinking.

That might make more sense. It won't matter much to me though as I only use high impact pulse rifles, and that's only when I'm not using The Last Word. So long as TLW remains viable it will be my weapon of choice.

ocean

Banned
That might make more sense. It won't matter much to me though as I only use high impact pulse rifles, and that's only when I'm not using The Last Word. So long as TLW remains viable it will be my weapon of choice.
Year 2 The Last Word and Hawkmoon means Destiny will still be Destiny - so glad they made the cut. PvP without these sweet Hand Cannons would feel like a totally different game. A worse game.

13 is full, I'm waiting on mod approval for 14.
Damn pre-launch threads were sheer insanity.

I don't know how I was able to make it into Dgaf West 1. I must have been F5ing like crazy whenever they opened up lol.

EDIT: yeah, I'd be so heartbroken if TLW hadn't been upgraded. I'm glad it is even if it ends up not as good as it currently is. It just has so much style. I'll finally put some time into Hawkmoon as well since it will finally be the only handcannon that can realistically 2 shot an enemy. Despite being an awesome weapon there isn't much reason to use it in the current meta when Thorn is much better than it.

Ophelion

Gunna start working my way through Nightfalls tonight I think. PSN mr_vandemar. Just FR and join if interested, otherwise I'll be soloing them again. Always a fun challenge.

Getting so many errors today. Couldn't connect to servers when I first tried logging in, hard crash back to the PS4 dashboard during the NF, and now another server error when trying to go to the tower

Deku Tree

So I guess no year 2 exotic engrams? Three of Coins sounds cool.

@knowsworthy: Part 1: With TTK, Xur will sell 'Three of Coins' - a consumable that increases Exotic drop chance from your next Boss kill. Take that RNG.

@knowsworthy: Part 2: Xur will also sell a Legacy Engram that decodes into Year 1 Exotics. Collectors gotta collect.

Bogeypop

Any GAF'rs want to PvP? I'm realizing more the reason it took so long for me to get into PvP is because pubs are just torture.

Top Bottom