• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Did you get more information about it? Or is this conjecture? Either way, that is pretty much how I use it. I'm more than happy to switch out my secondary for a more mid range weapon like a fusion.

Just breaking down the patch preview https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13147

The Last Word is our fastest time-to-kill (TTK) primary in the game. The intent of this weapon was always to deal lethal damage up close and in style while shooting from the hip. Right now the Stability and Range of this weapon has players reliably getting ranged kills while aiming down sights, so we want to try and push this weapon into more of its intended role.

Changes:
  • Reduce Range stat to 10 (was 20), reduce Stability to 20 (was 30).
  • Reduce effective range while in ADS.
  • Increase accuracy and precision damage aim assist scale when firing from the hip. “Get three coffins ready.”
  • Fixed bugs with Hipfire damage bonus applying incorrectly

Looking for Hard mode Skolas for triumph, have level 34 hunter, PSN: Kilau

When are you planning to run it and do you have a 3rd? I might be able to get on in 2 hours and could bring my Titan if you guys don't have a 3rd noob yet.

If you two (or other first timers) are still looking to do it, I could do another run yet tonight. Just let me know how long you have available.

MildSoss

The thing that worries me the most about the TLW nerf is the reduced mag size. I got a feeling that's going to hurt it the most. :(

Deku Tree

The thing that worries me the most about the TLW nerf is the reduced mag size. I got a feeling that's going to hurt it the most. :(

f6c.jpg

GutZ31

DGAF 2.0
PS4 Community for firmware 3.00 Beta has been created.
Once everyone can get their hands on 3.00, I will give mod power to drizz, hawkian, and anyone else that feels they are capable of keeping up with invite/requests.

If you already have firmware 3.00 beta, you can request to join by looking for "DGAF 2.0" in the Discover Communities area.

todd360

Don't think they are reducing the mag size

I hope not. The mag size is that guns biggest weakness. It becomes apparent when your soloing three people in trials. You have to take them down one or two at a time and then fall back to reload and hope the last guy doesn't get a revive in while your reloading.

DGAF 2.0
Once everyone can get their hands on 3.00, I will give mod power to drizz, hawkian, and anyone else that feels they are capable of keeping up with invite/requests.

If you already have firmware 3.00 beta, you can request to join by looking for "DGAF 2.0" in the Discover Communities area.

What's the member limit (if there is one)?

SpecX

If you two (or other first timers) are still looking to do it, I could do another run yet tonight. Just let me know how long you have available.
Putting my daughter to bed right now, but I can be on in roughly 30-45 mins from now if that's not too late? Once started I'm in it to win it!

The video they linked, "Get 3 Coffins Ready" (which is actually 4 if you watch it) was meant to say that they aren't changing the mag size.

>Buff to hip fire, which can kill in 2 headshots means it's easier get 2 shot kills.
>4 coffins means 8 rounds.

TLW is unaffected by the magazine changes. All they're really doing is nerfing its range.

daedalius

I hope not. The mag size is that guns biggest weakness. It becomes apparent when your soloing three people in trials. You have to take them down one or two at a time and then fall back to reload and hope the last guy doesn't get a revive in while your reloading.

Really if they wanted 3 coffins, the mag would need to be 9 and you'd need to perfect 3 shot all 3 enemies.

The video they linked, "Get 3 Coffins Ready" was meant to say that they aren't changing the mag size.

>Buff to hip fire, which can kill in 2 headshots means it's easier get 2 shot kills.
>4 coffins means 8 rounds.

TLW is unaffected by the magazine changes. All they're really doing is nerfing its range.

TWO shot kill??

You cray

th3dude

DGAF 2.0

Yes! I just installed tonight and wondered if this was a thing yet.

Really if they wanted 3 coffins, the mag would need to be 9 and you'd need to perfect 3 shot all 3 enemies.

TWO shot kill??

You cray

111 crits from hipfire witih agressive ballistics. They didn't mention anything about changing its damage. It'll 2 shot kill in its optimal range.

Bogeypop

DGAF 2.0

How do you sign up for the firmware beta or has that long passed?

Eyeron

Anyone need NF? At boss. 2 open spots. 3 minutes of cool down left on heavy packs then it's nuking time.

Just send FR and join up if interested.

PSN Eyeron80

daedalius

111 crits from hipfire witih agressive ballistics. They didn't mention anything about changing its damage. It'll 2 shot kill in its optimal range.

I guess we will know pretty soon anyway!

Two shot kill seems a little nuts tho, three shots with TLW is already super fast sometimes.

Two shot kill seems a little nuts tho, three shots with TLW is already super fast sometimes.

Well it already kills in two headshots. The problem is that it was doing that in ADS when it wasn't supposed to.

They fixed that so ADS wont proc the hipfire bonus anymore, but they're also making it easier to hipfire.

The boyz will be separated from the menz

todd360

Gotta kill the thorners quick. 🔫

Zoba, we gotta go practice hip fire in the secluded mountains of old Russia. Hip fire only play style for maximum lulz and master chief hyper lethal status.

daedalius

Well it already kills in two headshots. The problem is that it was doing that in ADS when it wasn't supposed to.

They fixed that so ADS wont proc the hipfire bonus anymore, but they're also making it easier to hipfire.

The boyz will be separated from the menz

I actually didn't even realize it killed with two headshot, but I might actually go for head shots more often now. At medium range I usually just go for 3 body shots.

SheHateMe

It's crazy... But I haven't been this excited for a game release in years. I'm trying to think the last time a game release got me in HYPE MODE.

I'm going to try Warlock for the first time ever. (I rolled Hunter in the Alpha and haven't looked back. I only have the one character. Between the Kid, my fiancee, and work, it was all I could do.). I'm really just BSing until TTK.

The messed up part is that I'm going out of town that weekend, so I'll miss the raid.

Sorry for the spilled orbs, I just had to get all of that off my chest.

todd360

Laying in bed trying to sleep and thinking about swords. What if they are needed in the raid for an encounter? The fact that we go on a quest for them is what made me think of that. They might be too important to rely on rngesus to give to us. Just a thought. If not the raid then maybe some other fight.

So I was running VoG HM, right when we beat Atheon my connection goes awry and I get booted...get nothing that whole raid but shards&energy

anyway, it just hit me that I never gave out my PSN its goldenmegazx; alwys looking for more people to play with. will admit my internet isn't always perfect(case n' point the story above)

Kalamari

I think hand cannons will still be quite advantageous on the more confined maps. That's the reason why shotguns were so powerful, it wasn't their range, it was that the maps have so many areas where it's difficult to avoid close encounters.

DGAF 2.0

Does the list have a max number of people who can join? Friend lists are like 1000 right? Communities should be just as high right?

Edit: I should have just read a few posts down.

todd360

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Legendary hand cannons suck now and are going to be nerfed with 2.0 :(

Almost everything is getting nerfed though. They want the weapon types to be more equal. Every gun type has it own situation where it can be a viable choice if bungies weapon patch works as intended.

Hand cannons will still be good in the right hands.

I am available, I have all night :)

Putting my daughter to bed right now, but I can be on in roughly 30-45 mins from now if that's not too late? Once started I'm in it to win it!

Are you two available? We could fire up a run now.

I'm a first timer and available for a run tonight. Would love a run through with a Skolas Legend.

How long will you be available tonight? I could do another run after most likely, especially if there's another interested first timer.

Almost everything is getting nerfed though. They want the weapon types to be more equal. Every gun type has it own situation where it can be a viable choice if bungies weapon patch works as intended.

Hand cannons will still be good in the right hands.

Pulse rifles are staying mostly the same except for the medium RoF archetype. Everything else is getting small buffs except hand cannons. Even if that weren't the case the issue is that hand cannons are being tuned just because the three top tier ones are so good. They will still be good in the right hands but you can say the same about scout rifles now, that doesn't mean they're competitive. The hand cannon nerf is not very severe though. It's just range and accuracy stuff not damage.

Top Bottom