• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

I need to do public events before next week to finish the requirements for the triumph emblem. Anyone know the best location I can grind them out with little (or easy) back and forth? I tried just sitting on the public event website tracker and going back and forth but I found myself getting lost on the way to any specific location and just didint make it or wind up doing an event that wasn't tracked as happening any time soon

Cosmodrome has always been the go to place for me.

Mothyards/Forgotten Shore etc..

Nightstalker Hunter might end up being more useful than a Defender Titan

It can trap and disorient enemies AND make your entire team invisible.

It would be interesting though to see if the new raid can get people to spec into support builds. Sunsingers always use self-res instead of increased ally cooldown.
Song of Flame is pretty useful but not as clutch as self reviving when everyone is dead preventing a wipe, or in the case of HM Raid where you can't be revived otherwise. It's too useful and prevents anyone from really considering Radiant Skin much less Song Of Flame. I'm a strong believer in removing Fireborn and replacing it with something like Praise the Sun from HoPF, which would then make that exotic similar to exotics like Helm of Inmost Light or Eternal Warrior so there's precedent for shared abilities.

Kyoufu

I need to do public events before next week to finish the requirements for the triumph emblem. Anyone know the best location I can grind them out with little (or easy) back and forth? I tried just sitting on the public event website tracker and going back and forth but I found myself getting lost on the way to any specific location and just didint make it or wind up doing an event that wasn't tracked as happening any time soon

Go here http://destinypublicevents.com/

Then look at "All Planets"

The ones I go to depending on when they're due:

Ember Caves
Archer's Line
Anchor of Light
Mothyards
The Divide

They're all very easy to reach and produce good results.

I think I made it to 28 before quitting. Took some effort getting there and then when I finally got into a VoG run I ended up with shards and ass towel. I think I got a piece of gear for a different class too. Man, what a mess gearing up was!

It was horrid. My brother ran hard mode for months as a 29. I felt bad for him, at least I had the excuse of only a couple of HM completions.

HoW was such a huge step in the right direction. TTK feels like they finally got it right. You play, you improve.

grr i need these boots.
Most fun exotic in the game.

Most fun exotic in the game.

1374453478_mad-donald3hrfl.gif

bitsurugi

I highly recommend NOT to use legendary packages you get after the 2.0 update, and TTK launch.
You should level yourself to level 40 before opening packages for the best chance at loot at level 40, with high defense/attack values.

Playing the story missions, and turning in bounties/quests are what I advise, as well as crucible.
Blue gear is our first priority.

Yeah, it's just a patrol activity. You can show up by yourself and if people are in the area, they can help out.

Pretty much my thoughts. Will level up to 40 and only THEN will open NM/DO/FWC packages. Don't wana get a blue or a low light legendary if i open it as lvl 34.

Am pretty sure we will be 40 soon, if what we saw in that video is correct - the ammount of XP needed past 34 was really small per level up.

X-Frame

What does melting point do?

Also videos of the Titan super makes it look like it gets used us extremely fast so you need to use it at the perfect moment

According to the build we've been seeing, it currently not only makes every shot a Critical Shot regardless of where the enemy is shot, but apparently it also increases damage even beyond that.

I'll have to re-watch the Strike videos from last week with Datto to confirm since he used that ability a lot in his Strike video. Basically, if a Sunbreaker can melee a boss with Melting Point then everyone is going to be doing a ton more damage.

Add in something like the Monte Carlo and high Strength gear to have that ability recharge very fast and it can debuff Majors and Ultras constantly.

Hopefully this means that Majors and Ultras have less OP anti-melee abilities like we see now where it's usually suicide to melee an Ultra.

1. Lure major enemies together
  2. Hunter tether bow
  3. Heavy sword damage on one

Recipe for success. You can throw in some evades and vanishing grenades if you want.

Sullichin

Alright it's been long enough. I want First Light and Bastion to come back on a more regular basis. Man that first IB, matches on Bastion were disasterous. But now it doesn't come around enough since it's only on Combined Arms. Also I wonder if either of them would make good Rift matches.

GutZ31

I think I made it to 28 before quitting. Took some effort getting there and then when I finally got into a VoG run I ended up with shards and ass towel. I think I got a piece of gear for a different class too. Man, what a mess gearing up was!

Like many here on DGAF that stuck around, I was called upon to walk people thru how to beat the raid many, many times.

The raid itself is awesome, unfortunately, like you said, its payout was few and far between.
With no reasoning other than RNG to blame, you could have one person on your team get EVERYTHING in one raid, and you get nothing but ass materials.

This was the first drop off in player base.

Next was Crota.
The drop off happened because of the artificial difficulty set by not being able to attain the level to complete it in an reasonable amount of time.
The Crota encounter, as well as the deathsinger are all level 31~32.
We started doing Crota all at level 30.
You couldn't do enough damage in the allowed time to take out Crota with a level 30 running sword.
It took a level 31 running the sword to be BARELY able to make it in time before oversoul enrage kicked in.

Hardmode was the same, just that you had NO way to level up to 33, as all the enemies are after the bridge section.
This lead to even more drop offs from the game.

I don't blame anyone for leaving Destiny with the shitty idea of forcing players to be underleveled for encounters.
This always annoyed me, and is possibly the laziest way of making an encounter.

shenze

Banned
Alright it's been long enough. I want First Light and Bastion to come back on a more regular basis. Man that first IB, matches on Bastion were disasterous. But now it doesn't come around enough since it's only on Combined Arms. Also I wonder if either of them would make good Rift matches.

I still haven't even played on the First Light map. It's the last map I need to play on for the grimoire, I take it that it only shows up on Combined Arms like Bastion.

def sim

Hey, just a quick question: does the legendary edition of Taken King have those extra emotes and shaders people wanted separate from the collector's edition or no?

X-Frame

I highly recommend NOT to use legendary packages you get after the 2.0 update, and TTK launch.
You should level yourself to level 40 before opening packages for the best chance at loot at level 40, with high defense/attack values.

Playing the story missions, and turning in bounties/quests are what I advise, as well as crucible.
Blue gear is our first priority.

GutZ, to confirm is it okay if I obtain a faction package at say Level 35 and then open it at 40 to get Level 40 gear? Or will I need to have earned the faction after I hit 40?

i hope it gets a year two variant. if TLW is going to be a hip fire machine, there'll be no need for knucklehead radar anymore (altough i still think it's the best looking Hunter helmet)
I really hope it goes year two.

Speaking of Last Word, to this day, I still remember your Last Word 101 post everytime I use it. I'm not good at it yet but I love the gun in Skirmish.

Kyoufu

am I going to have to go through the story in HOW twice in order to unlock content for both my characters?

Yeah.

Like many here on DGAF that stuck around, I was called upon to walk people thru how to beat the raid many, many times.

The raid itself is awesome, unfortunately, like you said, its payout was few and far between.
With no reasoning other than RNG to blame, you could have one person on your team get EVERYTHING in one raid, and you get nothing but ass materials.

This was the first drop off in player base.

Next was Crota.
The drop off happened because of the artificial difficulty set by not being able to attain the level to complete it in an reasonable amount of time.
The Crota encounter, as well as the deathsinger are all level 31~32.
We started doing Crota all at level 30.
You couldn't do enough damage in the allowed time to take out Crota with a level 30 running sword.
It took a level 31 running the sword to be BARELY able to make it in time before oversoul enrage kicked in.

Hardmode was the same, just that you had NO way to level up to 33, as all the enemies are after the bridge section.
This lead to even more drop offs from the game.

I don't blame anyone for leaving Destiny with the shitty idea of forcing players to be underleveled for encounters.
This always annoyed me, and is possibly the laziest way of making an encounter.

What do you think of being under-levelled for Skolas?

Homeboyd

Nothing too exciting, but looks like the companion app is getting an update soon-ish with some "new stuff" and improved existing features, etc...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ller_writer_of_game_informers_destiny/cupk90d
/u/HelloControl_ said:
And here I am! We on the Companion team (both web and mobile) are always working on sweet new features to pair with the game as it evolves - things that are meant to add or improve upon social and utilitarian behaviors of the players (us included!). Some of the things we added in year one will be revamped for year two, and some entirely new stuff could appear as well. Plenty of cool stuff is in the pipeline!

GutZ31

GutZ, to confirm is it okay if I obtain a faction package at say Level 35 and then open it at 40 to get Level 40 gear? Or will I need to have earned the faction after I hit 40?

Acquire all you want after TTK drops. They are locked to the "current" pool of gear, and are randomized when you open them to that pool.

Open them when you reach 40 to have the best chance at getting gear that moves you forward.

Blue gear will be your first step towards level 40 legendary gear, so work on doing story missions to acquire blue gear for your 34~40 leveling benge.

Ophelion

I'm looking forward to that dodge roll. The main reason to level Nightstalker for me!

Same. There have been at least half a dozen situations in PvP where someone had me dead to rights and I thought to myself, I wonder if I could've escaped this with that Nightstalker dodge...

Just watch, Xur will require a new currency for items.

And he will sell Hawkmoon during the first week of this change only hard core players will have currency to buy it--but most of them will already have it.
Also filthy xbox players do not deserve it

But I'm glad Hawkmoon is returning in Y2, it is my favorite exotic.

GutZ31

Just watch, Xur will require a new currency for items.

And he will sell Hawkmoon during the first week of this change only hard core players will have currency to buy it--but most of them will already have it.
Also lovely xbox players deserve it, and I hope they enjoy<3

But I'm glad Hawkmoon is returning in Y2, it is my favorite exotic.

FTFY
Thanks Math. Wife's uncle. Fuck cancer.
Shit dude.
I wish you guys the best.
Cancer sucks, my eye can vouch for that.

Deku Tree

Nothing too exciting, but looks like the companion app is getting an update soon-ish with some "new stuff" and improved existing features, etc...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ller_writer_of_game_informers_destiny/cupk90d

So basically "yes the companion app will be updated eventually and new features are coming whatever they may be" but still no word on that full size iPad Tablet app that they promised would be available on Day 1 (9/9/14).
New features are always welcome.

Top Bottom