• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

What's amusing about the forced under leveled talk is that people will call it out as lazy game design, but it's really just an arbitrary number playing with your pysche, whereas another game could have even higher amount of enemy damage with less player health but call the enemies the same level (or not even bother with a level system) so no one cares.

Wasn't around for TDB launch, but nothing about the 35 POE feels unfair. VoG with vanilla you were never forced to play under leveled because you could get to level 30 without playing VoG HM assuming you used an exotic helmet.

Homeboyd

So basically "yes the companion app will be updated eventually and new features are coming whatever they may be" but still no word on that full size iPad Tablet app that they promised would be available on Day 1 (9/9/14).
Yep! That's actually the first response to that guy's post.

Also, re: when the subclass missions open up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ller_writer_of_game_informers_destiny/cupjfjj
When I played, I needed to go through the opening story mission of TTK before my subclass mission opened up at the Tower, and then I immediately headed out to get my new powers, but that's one of those things that may or may not have changed since I played it.
This is important because it gives you an idea of how quickly you should start turning in your bounties/PE packages/etc... to gain level AND subclass unlocks.

I wonder if the year 2 Last Word will still have the issue where it occasionally jams and stops firing. It's very frustrating when it happens and can easily turn a win in a 1v1 to a loss.

Xbros are peasants and should be treated as such.

Also I just need 2 exotic armor to complete my Year 1 collection: Crest of Alpha Lupi for Titan and Nothing Manacles for Warlocks.

Wait, does that actually happen?

Yeah, it's an issue and it's relatively rare. I hear it has to do with lag or something. I hypothesize that it is like when auto firing scouts or pulse rifles would occasionally fail to auto fire. It's rare enough now that it doesn't discourage me from using TLW but it's very annoying when it does happen as it seems to be at the worst times.

flkraven

Also I just need 2 exotic armor to complete my Year 1 collection: Crest of Alpha Lupi for Titan and Nothing Manacles for Warlocks.

One_perfect_tear.png

if they fixed the hipfire bug, they probably fixed the fan fire bug.

That's valid, I just hope that holds true for the year two version as I plan to use it over the year one version since it will be the one that is competitive in trials and IB when they come back.

X-Frame

Acquire all you want after TTK drops. They are locked to the "current" pool of gear, and are randomized when you open them to that pool.

Open them when you reach 40 to have the best chance at getting gear that moves you forward.

Blue gear will be your first step towards level 40 legendary gear, so work on doing story missions to acquire blue gear for your 34~40 leveling benge.

Thanks dude, but just curious because if all Year 2 Legendary gear is for Level 40 anyway, then why would it matter if I open a faction package (that guarantees Legendary gear) at Level 34 or 37 if it's going to come out as a Level 40, 280 Light gear anyway?

I won't be able to equip it until 40, I understand that. Or am I missing something? Definitely will be focusing on Blue gear until 40 though.

Daemul

On the new subclasses, one thing I love most about their addition is the reduction of Striker Titans we'll see in the Crucible. As a Bladedancer the thing I dread the most is a fist of panic taking me out whilst I'm in my super, I can deal with Golden Gun and I can deal with Nova Bomb, but FoP? LOL! That shit shuts you down instantly.

Now I don't have to be as cautious when I see Titans on the enemy team in Crucible since they'll probably all be running Hammer of Sol and when I come running around the corner with my Arc Blade I won't have to worry about getting slammed to oblivion the second they see me.

Anyone notice that the raids are already dead on LFG? People know they get nothing that is relevant from it anymore.

Can't imagine how deserted it will be in a month.

ocean

Banned
Thanks dude, but just curious because if all Year 2 Legendary gear is for Level 40 anyway, then why would it matter if I open a faction package (that guarantees Legendary gear) at Level 34 or 37 if it's going to come out as a Level 40, 280 Light gear anyway?

I won't be able to equip it until 40, I understand that. Or am I missing something? Definitely will be focusing on Blue gear until 40 though.
Dead Orbit chest, hype! Oh wtf it's a blue?

Gordon

I'm also psised I missed Bones of Eao :( Really the only thing from Year 1 that I still want before TTK comes out, assuming they will have a year 2 version
Good luck - they're a game changer. I'm a diehard titan and I gotta say, Bones gives hunters the better jump. BD with maxed agility and +height jump on can get up to the despawn tower at CE bridge using the titan route, AND they can skip the middle step - just jump from that sorta triangular notch right up to the top rock and up onto the tower. It's kinda disgusting.

Only way to settle this Xbox vs. Playstation debate is a cross platform dgaf elimination match. The rules are that you can only use Hawkmoon. Tournament to take place tomorrow. Kappa.

GutZ31

You sure about legendary gear only being for level 40?

ocean

Banned
On the new subclasses, one thing I love most about their addition is the reduction of Striker Titans we'll see in the Crucible. As a Bladedancer the thing I dread the most is a fist of panic taking me out whilst I'm in my super, I can deal with Golden Gun and I can deal with Nova Bomb, but FoP? LOL! That shit shuts you down instantly.

Now I don't have to be as cautious when I see Titans on the enemy team in Crucible since they'll probably all be running Hammer of Sol and when I come running around the corner with my Arc Blade I won't have to worry about getting slammed to oblivion the second they see me.
I got Suppressed out of my Super by Defenders like 6 times yesterday. More than probably the entire year combined up to yesterday :p

Titans are sneaky, damn.

As an Xbro I literally laugh at your suffering on a pile of the five Titan Crests I've gotten and sharded in addition to the one I kept during my piddling 260+ hours

Wizman23

Banned
So is the experience bar that stays on screen once you hit level 40 just there so you see your progress to your next mote of light? Why even bother!

Top Bottom