• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

vctor182

On the new subclasses, one thing I love most about their addition is the reduction of Striker Titans we'll see in the Crucible. As a Bladedancer the thing I dread the most is a fist of panic taking me out whilst I'm in my super, I can deal with Golden Gun and I can deal with Nova Bomb, but FoP? LOL! That shit shuts you down instantly.

Now I don't have to be as cautious when I see Titans on the enemy team in Crucible since they'll probably all be running Hammer of Sol and when I come running around the corner with my Arc Blade I won't have to worry about getting slammed to oblivion the second they see me.

Ohhh I just pictured a clash between sunbreakers and bladedancers.... it will be glorious

taco543

So far as I can tell that actually does not specify, and we don't know for sure.
The tweet says leveling revamp, one would assume that they mean character levelling as weapon levelling seems to have remained unchanged.
Separation of level and light =/= being able to level up to 40

For all we know on Tuesday our level will be 34/160 without the ability to progress further until 9/15

Edit: damn that damn hawk
Idk I feel like it could have been worded better if they were just doing the light level revamp.

GutZ31

That's all old legendary gear. It doesn't have the little TTK symbol in the upper right corner of the icons like we see later in that video on year two gear.

Is that not the current Dead Orbit armor set?

Either way it doesn't matter of you have a level 40 legendary or level 34 legendary, all year 2 legendary can be infused up to the max light.

There is TTK legendary gear that is below level 40. At least shown in Bungies reveals.
Yeah, vendors show level 40 gear for TTK.
I expect there is lesser legendaries though, just like there is now.
Don't know if you will be able to alter the "level" of legendary gear, only the light level can be increased by infusion.
destiny-ttk-new-monarchy-vendor.jpg

I still suggest holding onto packages if you have the ability to do so.
If you saved up tons, you can be our test guardians to see if its worth doing right away or not.

Kyoufu

What happened in the last couple of pages?

Anyway, I'm going to start ranking up my factions when I hit 40. That way I get loot fitting for my level.

Hopefully a sweet faction ship will drop too because I feel like a chump without one.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The tweet says leveling revamp, one would assume that they mean character levelling as weapon levelling seems to have remained unchanged.
You know what they say about assumptions...also this is bungie. Until we get a straight clarification I'm going to assume the revamp means 34/160 atk and defense without the ability to level up.

Has it been discussed whether or not the elemental buffs/resistances on year 2 armor will also work in PvP?

If I could throw on solar resistance and not be constantly fucked by super-burn grenades, that would be totally swell.

X-Frame

On the new subclasses, one thing I love most about their addition is the reduction of Striker Titans we'll see in the Crucible. As a Bladedancer the thing I dread the most is a fist of panic taking me out whilst I'm in my super, I can deal with Golden Gun and I can deal with Nova Bomb, but FoP? LOL! That shit shuts you down instantly.

Now I don't have to be as cautious when I see Titans on the enemy team in Crucible since they'll probably all be running Hammer of Sol and when I come running around the corner with my Arc Blade I won't have to worry about getting slammed to oblivion the second they see me.

How about a Knee of Justice w/ Peregrine Greaves? >:)

I likely will still roll Striker in PvP because if shotguns and the exotic hand-cannons are nerfed enough then yeah Shoulder Charge is going to be easier to pull off.

You sure about legendary gear only being for level 40?

That's all old legendary gear. It doesn't have the little TTK symbol in the upper right corner of the icons like we see later in that video on year two gear.

There is TTK legendary gear that is below level 40. At least shown in Bungies reveals.

Okay, so at the very least it's better to be safe than sorry. I'll just wait to open them until 40, I was just curious is all. The jump from 34 to 40 shouldn't be too long anyway.

taco543

You know what they say about assumptions...also this is bungie. Until we get a straight clarification I'm going to assume the revamp means 34/160 atk and defense without the ability to level up.
Yeah Lol better to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Yeah, vendors show level 40 gear for TTK.
I expect there is lesser legendaries though, just like there is now.
Don't know if you will be able to alter the "level" of legendary gear, only the light level can be increased by infusion.

I don't believe that the level required to equip a weapon has any bearing on its efficacy. So like you said you can level up their light level to make them do max damage via infusion even if this doesn't change the level needed to equip it.

Yeah, nothing has been confirmed or denied regarding the level cap increase with 2.0 and before TTK, but I'm of the opinion that 2.0 for now just enables levelling with XP beyond 20, with the level cap still at 34 until TTK raises it.

I'm just interested in equipping blue and green gear and remaining 34.

eFKac

Whoa what brought the console war here?
probably peasant Warlocks from Future War Cult smh

Any sherpas plan to do a VoG HM run in the near future maybe?

Homeboyd

Very cool! Wonder how this is going to work?
Everything is being questified come 2.0. I would guess you could just go to that kiosk and pick up those quests. All the missions are already available on your director (outside the first, for now).

Okay, so at the very least it's better to be safe than sorry. I'll just wait to open them until 40, I was just curious is all. The jump from 34 to 40 shouldn't be too long anyway.

If you are going to wait to get package reward s until you're level 40 I'd also recommend waiting to even earn the packages till you are 40 as well since currently the rewards are rolled once you earn a package and I don't think they have mentioned that changing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Taken King comes out a day after the first year anniversary of my Dad's death from cancer. We're supposed to throw a big party in October to honor him. My moms side of the family are Buddhists. I know all about cancer. Changed my life forever. And it's one of my life's goal to do whatever I can to help get rid of it. I know what you're going through LT so condolences to you and your family.

Kyoufu

If you are going to wait to get package reward s until you're level 40 I'd also recommend waiting to even earn the packages till you are 40 as well since currently the rewards are rolled once you earn a package and I don't think they have mentioned that changing.

Yeah, I'm saving all my heavy weapon synths until 40.

Wonder how much rep each one gives.

Dave_6

Ghost revives you and sees you already in full raid gear.

Ghost: ......?

Player: 😏

LOL

Taken King comes out a day after the first year anniversary of my Dad's death from cancer. We're supposed to throw a big party in October to honor him. My moms side of the family are Buddhists. I know all about cancer. Changed my life forever. And it's one of my life's goal to do whatever I can to help get rid of it. I know what you're going through LT so condolences to you and your family.

Sorry for your loss too Kadey :( Cancer is absolutely terrible.

LTWood12

Kadey I am so sorry. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been.

Edit: and thank you again to everyone and your kind words. He was a cool dude that appreciated a good scotch.

EL CUCO

No other post of his from today says anything suspect as far as I noticed.
I Remember a while back him talking about playing Halo MCC when it dropped. Unless I'm imagining things. He's been a part of DGAF for a while. Surprised nobody gave him the benefit of doubt.

Deku Tree

A pardon our dust moment

@DeeJ_BNG: .@mdante679 No Patch Notes today. We'll cover some basic 2.0 previews in the Weekly Update. Today is just a 'Pardon our Dust' moment.

Top Bottom