• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Lnkn52

For those that want to stay PHYSICAL
lets-get-physical.gif

I know tons of people dropped destiny at vanilla and they are faced with a sucky deal of $60 or get out. I just received an email from GameStop offering a $20 credit towards TTK legendary edition if you trade in a copy of the original game valid until 9-21.

http://form.e.gamestop.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=52ebba9339eb0b2d87120bff2b1b71c4

2kc1YLC.png

Frenden

Banned
Do we know if old speaker items get updated to have stat bonuses? If so, buying them now for motes instead of marks is advisable.

If not, we all need to rebuy them with marks, ugh.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Is anyone else disappointed that they are adding stats to class items. I couldn't wear the hunter cloaks I wanted to in vanilla because I was grinding for faction shaders. I won't be able to wear the cloaks I want to in TTK because of the stats. Give us back our cosmetic items please!

flkraven

Is anyone else disappointed that they are adding stats to class items. I couldn't wear the hunter cloaks I wanted to in vanilla because I was grinding for faction shaders. I won't be able to wear the cloaks I want to in TTK because of the stats. Give us back our cosmetic items please!

Maybe, but I can see the stats on cloaks and ghosts being very homogenous and similar. I doubt wearing one cloak over another will make or break anything.

Yep. I'm saddened by it too. I really liked customizing my mark for my other armor pieces and shaders. Now it's yet another slot that has to be optimized. At least shaders don't have perks
yet

flkraven

Yep. I'm saddened by it too. I really liked customizing my mark for my other armor pieces and shaders. Now it's yet another slot that has to be optimized. At least shaders don't have perks
yet

"Damn, my light is a little low for this run. Better equipped Glowhoo..."

Kyoufu

Nah. If I'm equipping something on my main equipment page then it better give me stats!

It's up to Bungie to couple the best looks with the best stats IMO.

Lee

Maybe, but I can see the stats on cloaks and ghosts being very homogenous and similar. I doubt wearing one cloak over another will make or break anything.

Right, but don't class items contribute to your overall light level "average"?

So wearing any year one cloak (makeshift scarf, for example) would drag down your average, unless they're retroactively assigned light (defense) values.

So wearing any year one cloak (makeshift scarf, for example) would drag down your average, unless they're retroactively assigned light (defense) values.

I think they said they were retroactively adding light levels but I'm not sure and I don't have a source so take my words with a large grain of salt.

X-Frame

Do we know if old speaker items get updated to have stat bonuses? If so, buying them now for motes instead of marks is advisable.

If not, we all need to rebuy them with marks, ugh.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no they won't automatically be updated. The new ones will cost Legendary Marks in addition to Motes so I couldn't see Bungie allow that.

I stupidly bought all of them last month myself because I've always wanted them but never wanted to spare the Motes, so I'd have to rebuy myself.

flkraven

I can see them retroactively assigning defense values to the mark, and maybe a perk. It wouldn't make sense not to. Unless their goal is for less diversity in how characters look.

Ambitious

Me. DeathJR and possibly others from our reset raid group, maybe Unstable and/or Jigga. Afaik ZW and Bombastico will have to work. I'd definitely like a group of determined folks who have the time and interest to really tackle the new raid.

Have you been to Mercury before? I'm sure they'll be doing more runs but I also know they've been getting a little worn with them. I'll be around this weekend and happy to help as long as there's another helper like one of them or Falifax or Unstable if he "unretires" or whoever.

I'm sure I'll be doing more Skolas Schools but otherwise I'm up for Trials.

I haven't. Actually, I played Trials just once, and we won just three or four times before dropping out.

Yeah, I can understand that they might slowly get really tired of this, which is why I'm kinda reluctant to ask. Same goes for you, by the way. You already helped me finishing Skolas, and I was probably the thousandth guy you did it with, so I'd hate to ask for yet another favor.

Ah, sorry. A while back we beat this troll dude on trials, and he went to LFG And posted my GT saying I give free trips to Mercury. As a result, I'm bombarded daily with FRs and chat party invites. I try to screen for those with "GAF" on them, but am not always able to catch them all.

I'm also traveling this weekend so won't be doing trials till Monday.

Jesus, what an ass.
At first I thought about including a longer message in my FR, but then decided to just enter "GAF" and write a standard PSN message afterwards. So it must have slipped through, but no worries. I'm gonna send you another. My PSN ID is ps_flocki.

As for Trials.. well, if you would be willing to get me through, that would be amazing. I'd really appreciate it. But I'd totally understand if you don't feel like doing this yet another time. You've done more than enough for the community.

Tess was obviously killed by Eris Morn after the presence of Oryx in the solar system caused her to give in completely to the darkness. Tess' death is only the first step in her plan to silently wipe out all of the guardians allies in the tower so that they are left without gear and resources when the Taken War comes.

Top Bottom