• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

I posted a small note about these: the description you get in game when you pop a focused light is that is applies xp gains to weapon, armor and subclass only.

Not your level, it seems. Not a huge deal but worth knowing.

ohhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt

Well that kind of sucks

I feel like I should have known this, ugh

Damnit I thought I was gonna be 40 by Friday! Welp.

Namikaze1

I don't think so - only the incomplete bounties. You can still hoard and then turn in completed ones, unless they are using those terms differently than they are used in the game.
hey Ghaleon, want to part of the collage?

efgxrd2.jpg

"Hey Nami, how can I get in on this?"

It's simple, just PM me a pic of your emblem. Make sure it has you PSN ID / Gamertag on it.

"It looks like you're running out of room there. Will I actually get on it?"

Yes. I plan to expand the canvas to include as many as I can. That pic is also several hours old.

"it's small."

It'll be much bigger. Trust me.

"So how long do I have to give you a screenshot of my emblem?"

You have till September 6. After that, I am taking no more in.

As promised, full patch notes will be revealed next week. Based on this preview, our Live Team has some last minute suggestions for how you might best spend your final moments in Year One:

Complete those Year One Bounties
Don’t delete characters or dismantle items just yet
Try the Year One campaign again
Jump into the Crucible for some new action
Try your beloved Auto-Rifles again
Destroy remaining Wolf Packs and loot their chests for Ether Keys
Complete your House of Wolves Grimoire as it applies to hunting in the wild
Complete your Moments of Triumph [time extended – read below]

Got it? Good. You have approximately three days from the time that this blog article became a thing to make good on your last milestones of action and adventure. Gather ye Spinmetal while ye may!

This is poorly written. Year one ends on 9/8. They're advising us to try the new crucible stuff before 9/8, which is when it actually starts. Same with the auto rifle buff.

GutZ31

Should've just said TTK content will be up upon reset...

And I was correct on them not raising the cap next week.

Though it is real nice of them to let us play the new crucible modes and maps a week early. Looks like I may have to put MGS aside for a few hours next week.

You were right about them not raising it to 40 on the 8th.
But, if someone isnt 34 already, they can physically level to 34 without worrying about finding gear to do so now.
No more "just need the boots" moments for the forever29's

I don't think so - only the incomplete bounties. You can still hoard and then turn in completed ones, unless they are using those terms differently than they are used in the game.

I think by "incomplete" they mean ones that haven't actually been turned in, but maybe you're right.

KxoZz

Sucks for all those who got ten 5000 xp bounties lined up. Glad I didn't get around to it yet.

I think it's just Bounties that you haven't completed yet. Not sure though, it's not clear enough.
I'll have 9 5k bouties and 1 10k bounty completed by september 8th so it would be a shame if those get deleted.

No, you can still hoard 10 bounties and turn them in.

This is unclear. If you already have them stored, you might as well save them since leveling up any faction would be worthless right now, but I wouldn't bother going through the trouble of doing 10 if them. I bet they're going to be completely wiped, even if they're finished in your inventory.

Kyoufu

This is unclear. If you already have them stored, you might as well save them since leveling up any faction would be worthless right now, but I wouldn't bother going through the trouble of doing 10 if them. I bet they're going to be completely wiped, even if they're finished in your inventory.

But they're not being wiped as written in the BWU. The only ones being wiped from your inventory are those that haven't been completed.

Incomplete Exotic bounties (for example if you're still at the PVP part of Thorn) will be auto-completed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man I wish there was a way to get that Thorn bounty before the reset happens...
Just do all the bounties on 3 characters and hope RNG favours you. I guess if you discount PVP, that's at least 12-15 chances per character per day anyway.

Oh, does that mean exotic bounties are being retired? I saw that the Elder Cipher stuff was being phased out as well.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So Eris is completely gone from the game now? No will to randomly shout CROOOOOOTA at you now!
Nope, she's definitely in there, just not outside by her ship.

She'll be between the stairs to the Vanguard mentors area, and she's featured heavily in cutscenes. Most likely she'll be a Questgiver.

I think it's just Bounties that you haven't completed yet. Not sure though, it's not clear enough.
I'll have 9 5k bouties and 1 10k bounty completed by september 8th so it would be a shame if those get deleted.

No, you can still hoard 10 bounties and turn them in.

The word incomplete does make me second guess my original conclusion. I still sort of think that the bounties will be reset. But either way, we have a whole week (9/8-9/14) to do the new bounties.

Incomplete means you haven't done all of it.

When you complete a bounty, it says "Completed" when you hover over it.

"Incomplete" could mean something different in the update than the actual in-game terms. It seems like it would be weird for them to delete half finished ones, but not the ones that are ready to be turned it. My guess is that they'll all be completely removed from the game.

vctor182

Does an Elder Cipher quest counts as an exotic quest?? Will it be autocompleted?

I have one but haven't bothered to finish it. Oh, and I have a Thorn one too, just need to kill the wizard from the moon

"Incomplete" could mean something different in the update than the actual in-game terms. It seems like it would be weird for them to delete half finished ones, but not the ones that are ready to be turned it. My guess is that they'll all be completely removed from the game.

I think this is clearer than people are making it out to be.

Incomplete = can be abandoned before completion

Complete = too late to abandon

Only incomplete ones are being 'abandoned' automatically. Pretty sure complete ones are safe by this wording.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nope, she's definitely in there, just not outside by her ship.

She'll be between the stairs to the Vanguard mentors area, and she's featured heavily in cutscenes. Most likely she'll be a Questgiver.

Ah, wow, they really are changing how everything works. Too bad you can't get 3 free motes per week anymore though.

Those are my thoughts.

I assume all the old bounties are being taken out of the game. So if you had, for example, "Shake the Pillars" (Kill 25 titans in crucible), presumably that bounty is literally taken out of the game. How can you turn in a bounty that doesn't exist any more?

At least that's what I interpreted it as. I could be totally wrong.

Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems - their power levels will be unchanged

So with this change going into effect on the 8th and the Triumph extension, should I wait until next week before attempting Skolas? The gap between level 34 and 35 in terms of damage done/taken should be lessened, correct?

Kyoufu

The reason that half-finished bounties are being removed is because the game no longer recognises the requirements for that bounty's progression.

Think about it this way:

Why would they mention "imcomplete" Exotic bounties if they meant that bounty was ready to be handed in? If that Exotic bounty was ready to be handed in then why did the player not do that already?

Come on, guys. :p

Does an Elder Cipher quest counts as an exotic quest?? Will it be autocompleted?

I have one but haven't bothered to finish it. Oh, and I have a Thorn one too, just need to kill the wizard from the moon

I'm wondering that too. At this point, I haven't actually done anything in regards to the Cipher. I only have the drop from Skolas, haven't touched POE since it dropped so I haven't even "started" the bounty.

It'll be cool if I get a free exotic out of it.

EL CUCO

I honestly dont know why I play this laggy pvp.. It's been bad, but I'm finding it Iron Lagger bad right now. Every match littered with red bars, teleporting, can't pull heavy. Add Blink shotty to the equation and its legit rage inducing

Kyoufu

I could be wrong though. The BWU is poorly written for us readers who don't really know what the facts are. I'm sure it all makes sense to Bungie but some of it is very unclear.

I'm positive that we can hoard bounties though. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. :p

KxoZz

The reason that half-finished bounties are being removed is because the game no longer recognises the requirements for that bounty's progression.

Think about it this way:

Why would they mention "imcomplete" Exotic bounties if they meant that bounty was ready to be handed in? If that Exotic bounty was ready to be handed in then why did the player not do that already?

This.
Why would they say 'incomplete' if they ACTUALLY mean 'incomplete AND complete'
Then they could just say 'all'.

I'm wondering that too. At this point, I haven't actually done anything in regards to the Cipher. I only have the drop from Skolas, haven't touched POE since it dropped so I haven't even "started" the bounty.

It'll be cool if I get a free exotic out of it.

It's a straight up Exotic Weapon Bounty same as all the others. Look at your Bungie app.

Right now. Look at it.

ocean

Banned
It's a straight up Exotic Weapon Bounty same as all the others. Look at your Bungie app.

Right now. Look at it.

It's a generic bounty though, it doesn't award a specific weapon. The rest of the bounties are specifically tied to a single weapon. You only pick which weapon you want when you actually complete it, so I don't know how this would work with the Cipher.

vctor182

Right now. Look at it.

Yeah, it does say exotic weapon bounty, crossing my finger to get a free Lord of Wolves, might do Skolas with another char for a chance to get a free Dreg's Promise lol

Think about it this way:

It's probably more accurate to say that the reason they are removing unfinished bounties is to prevent everyone from loading up on new untouched bounties the night before TTK drops.

X-Frame

So if I have an Elder Cipher, will it just randomly give me one of the 3 guns? I assume I won't be able to pick one on 9/8 ..

It's a generic bounty though, it doesn't award a specific weapon. The rest of the bounties are specifically tied to a single weapon. You only pick which weapon you want when you actually complete it, so I don't know how this would work with the Cipher.

Not completely true. You are prompted for what weapon you want when you start the bounty with Variks, it's just odd that you get a chance to change your mind when you complete it.

So there is some marker out there that should remember what you chose when you started it off.

ocean

Banned
So with this change going into effect on the 8th and the Triumph extension, should I wait until next week before attempting Skolas? The gap between level 34 and 35 in terms of damage done/taken should be lessened, correct?

Doubt it. With the new translation, our current 42 Light armor will probably equal _____ Light, and leave us at a perfectly equivalent distance from Skolas. This would only help if you were like halfway to level 34. Instead of being rounded down to 33, you'd get a little credit for your progress towards 34.

As it is, I expect our current status to remain absolutely identical outside of a new metric for displaying essentially the same Light/Level/whatever.

ocean

Banned
Not completely true. You are prompted for what weapon you want when you start the bounty with Variks, it's just odd that you get a chance to change your mind when you complete it.

So there is some marker out there that should remember what you chose when you started it off.

I think it just shows you the options, you can hit X and continue. You're not really picking a weapon, just being shown the available options.

Top Bottom