• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Kyoufu

Week 51 of Destiny.

I finally got hawkmoon
BibleThump.png

Congrats. Better use it while it's hot. :p

I went 27/9 with it today in Control. It's like the only FR I've gotten over 5 kills with since the glory of Pocket Infinity.

The only fusion I'd still use in the crucible is the vex.

Yeah fusion rifles suck, just want one for collection purposes because it's the only raid weapon I don't have. RNG works in mysterious ways, my first 2 VoG hard mode clears got me 2 Vex Mythoclasts.

Yup that's RNG for you.

Yup that's RNG for you.

Plan C is a lot of fun in crucible, I only use it in stuff like the banner though. I don't know that I'd do it in a 3v3 mode...although I do use no land beyond in 3v3 that isn't Osiris. Speaking of which, that no land buff will be glorious.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Have a CP on Deathsingers HM CE. If anyone wants to hop in quickly and get that Crota kill, need swordbearer.

FinKL

"Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors"

I just got my Lord of Wolves bounty too :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTiCFIwW37Y

Are you looking for trouble, Guardian? For one week only, from 9/8/2015 to 9/14/2015, all Destiny players* can preview the new maps and modes available in The Taken King.

*Some abilities and features in the gameplay footage are not available until launch of Destiny: The Taken King.

WELP

Also looks like they renamed two of the maps.

bitsurugi

Ooooooh, this week's weekly news are sweet!

New game modes <3

Bungie, i might have criticized you a lot in the last year, but you are getting better! <3 <3

(PS: basically it's a free sample for junkies, but idc, rift all week, stay the hell away from mayhem!)

So does "Incomplete Bounty" mean not achieved, or not turned in? I got about 5 Iron Banner bounties I'm saving up for XP and I'd rather use them on something else if they're going to disappear.

FinKL

So I have 3 days to grab the Dreg's Promise bounty then :p

That's what it sounds like. I don't see anything about doubled vault space though? That was the only other question I had since I want to delete one character, but am using it as a mule.

The Moments of Triumph have been extended to September 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM PDT (6:59 AM UTC). You can check your progress by visiting the Moments of Triumph progress page as part of your Legend.

That's good need for people still looking to complete them.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm surprised by how efficient it is still, I mean sure I can get outgunned by a TLW or Hawkmoon if the lucky bullet triggers. But it works specially well against zerg rushing shotgun users, it melts them before they can get within shotgun range.

I'm able to get 20 kills with +2.0kd rating with the Vex fairly easily. It's stable as fuck has decent range and it does 41 of damage per shot on headshots and since it's so stable it's very easy to get headshot kills.

Kyoufu

So does "Incomplete Bounty" mean not achieved, or not turned in? I got about 5 Iron Banner bounties I'm saving up for XP and I'd rather use them on something else if they're going to disappear.

Incomplete as in you've only done part (or none) of it. Complete is when it's ready to be turned in.

That's what it sounds like. I don't see anything about doubled vault space though? That was the only other question I had since I want to delete one character, but am using it as a mule.

They didnt list all the patch notes so it might still happen next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTiCFIwW37Y

Are you looking for trouble, Guardian? For one week only, from 9/8/2015 to 9/14/2015, all Destiny players* can preview the new maps and modes available in The Taken King.

*Some abilities and features in the gameplay footage are not available until launch of Destiny: The Taken King.

WELP

Also looks like they renamed two of the maps.

Good!!! Good!!!! 1 week Crucible preview awesomeness PLUS 2.0 update to nerf Thorn

Firthy

I really need some help getting through Prison of Elders lv35 and Crota's End on hard to complete my moments of triumph if anyone can help at all, please? :)

GutZ31

False alarm.

Quests
A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
Tracks all active Quests
Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system​

Bounties
Bounty slots will be increased to 16
Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
Reputation with Crota's Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King​

Karl2177

The Elder Cipher will no longer drop upon completion of the Skolas Challenge Arena in the Prison of Elders. The Exotic items offered with the Elder Cipher will now have a chance to drop from the Prison of Elders Treasure Chest.
This is the thing that concerns me. They are removing a source of keys, but adding more reason to have a key.

Destiny: The Taken King will launch at 2AM Pacific on September 15th

Well at least that will give me time to go out and pick up my CE(yeah I'm a mug) and get back home before it has launched without resorting to a midnight release.

Going to try out rift next week.

bitsurugi

Holy.... i almost missed this, had to read again:

What’s leaving Destiny when you download the 2.0 update:
Vanguard & Crucible Marks: Activities where you previously earned Vanguard/Crucible marks will now grant Legendary Marks. On Tuesday, your current Vanguard/Crucible marks will converted into faction commendations.

o_O

Falifax

Not gonna leave my GOTY unfinished because of an update, I'll gladly try out the new crucible after the release of TTK.

I'll just check out The Tower and that's it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
OK so the $20 trade credit for TTK doesn't start until the 12th, I'm back on to find a raid to carry me this weekend.

Top Bottom