• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Kalamari

Get rid of all your bounties before the 8th :(
They will be deleted otherwise.

That sucks, but I guess we will have a few days to fill it back up, hopefully with 5000xp bounties again.

I think only the incomplete bounties will be abandoned, so the completed 5000xp bounties should stay in your inventory.

Milennia

So does the taken king mean a fresh start essentially? I havent played since vanilla but i have basically everything that was available at the time in terms of exotics and raid gear.

Just want to make sure im not completely left in the dust when the new expac comes out and have to farm for weeks just to get myself up to speed.

bitsurugi

legendary marks are pretty much the same thing but all in one instead of multiple pools of tokens from several places.

No, you don't get my point: reading as it's written, it might mean that next week, we might be able to hoard some of legendary marks in prep for TTK. This is huge if it's true.

It clearly states that as of 2.0 old marks are gone, but activities that yielded marks before, will be replaced with legendary marks.

Sounds too good to be true, but it's written like that,

KxoZz

Sooooo.... starting September 8th, is there a chance lvl 40 weapons/gear will already start dropping, similar to when lvl 10-15 weapons/gear dropped during the Beta?

rc213

OK so the $20 trade credit for TTK doesn't start until the 12th, I'm back on to find a raid to carry me this weekend.

What, where?

I can trade in my current Destiny Vanilla disk and get TTK Legendary for $40?

Anyone know if it comes with codes for dlc or all on disk?

No, you don't get my point: reading as it's written, it might mean that next week, we might be able to hoard some of legendary marks in prep for TTK. This is huge if it's true.

It clearly states that as of 2.0 old marks are gone, but activities that yielded marks before, will be replaced with legendary marks.

Doesn't that mean that come TTK you will only have 200 space bucks shared between 3 toons instead of 600 total from all 3?

I don't get why they are removing part of dlc2, they either have plans to change it for the future or they really just don't care about past dlc much.

Sooooo.... starting September 8th, is there a chance lvl 40 weapons/gear will already start dropping, similar to when lvl 10-15 weapons/gear dropped during the Beta?

I would think anything higher then level 34 will only drop in TTK areas.

2am launch time, tbh that makes me happy. Now I can wait until Tuesday before playing and not feel that bad about being left behind all of DGAF.

Mindlog

Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
I've thrown away around a half dozen exotic bounties because I wanted to make sure I had 10 full 5k bounties D:
Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
DOPE!
Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor materials
It better be 1:1.
Vanguard & Crucible Marks: Activities where you previously earned Vanguard/Crucible marks will now grant Legendary Marks. On Tuesday, your current Vanguard/Crucible marks will converted into faction commendations.
Exactly what I was expecting.

Taken King might be good.
Mildly hyped.

What Auto Rifle are you going to try first? Ima use an Arc Summoner

Is there a consensus on the "best" auto rifle right now in terms of impact/stability?

edit:
Mindlog, don't try and deny it. You are hyped. Yes.

Arrrammis

Get rid of all your bounties before the 8th :(
They will be deleted otherwise.

That sucks, but I guess we will have a few days to fill it back up, hopefully with 5000xp bounties again.

Well, I suppose that answers my question about finishing my bad juju bounty(I was planning on saving it to see if I could turn it in for the higher level version like we could for HoW).

Was it ever confirmed how we get the new exotics (i.e. does it work to combine two first year exotics to get the new one)? Now i'm debating about finishing the bad juju bounty so I have 2 ready.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What, where?

I can trade in my current Destiny Vanilla disk and get TTK Legendary for $40?

Anyone know if it comes with codes for dlc or all on disk?

Yup. It's at Gamestop, they are running the promotion. Trade in vanilla Destiny disc, get Legendary TTK for $40. The deal runs from the 12-21.

Legendary TTK itself is essentially a vanilla disc with 3 DLC codes, it is not all on the disc.

Daemul

2amPST launch time is perfect for us Europeans, thats 10am/11am over here, meaning that I can actually get a good nights sleep
3AQmK.gif

GutZ31

Possible as long as they activated TTK drops, otherwise we will still be in the HoW drop pool.

GutZ31

Well, I suppose that answers my question about finishing my bad juju bounty(I was planning on saving it to see if I could turn it in for the higher level version like we could for HoW).

Was it ever confirmed how we get the new exotics (i.e. does it work to combine two first year exotics to get the new one)? Now i'm debating about finishing the bad juju bounty so I have 2 ready.

My post was ill advised, and incorrect.
Reread my post after the edit. It is taken straight from the Weekly update.

Keep your bad juju bounty for now.

The exotics will need marks to be upgraded to year 2.
You do not need 2 of any exotic to be able to upgrade to year 2.

Nuszka

Wicked, Gunnerz and Rubenov are playing right now elimination against the no.1 in the world - thats what they said...

Daemul

I'll lol if we're able to hoard 200 legendary marks before TTK comes out, it would explain why the raid is coming out 3 days after launch though.

KxoZz

I would think anything higher then level 34 will only drop in TTK areas.

I mean like in legendary postmaster packages or in the Crucible (TTK playlist / Rift possibly?).

In the Beta items from lvl 9 upwards dropped from those even though the cap was at lvl 8.

So...more bounty slots means even more to grab before TTK.

Also, we should be able to start getting legendary marks right away. This is an odd situation. We are going to have 'old' activities that grant the new marks, it seems (i.e. dragon strike playlist and regular crucible which granted the old marks). Have I got that right?

Arrrammis

Why are the removing the wolf hunt stuff? That's half the damn dlc 2!

They did the same thing with the blades of crota. I really wish that they would just keep all of the stuff in, they could add in an algorithm to make sure they don't all spawn at once, I just want some variety. Even in lore terms, those enemies would probably still be out there. The blades of crota could be gone, depending on how bungie portray their hive (hahaha get it?) mind, but the wolves would definitely still be out there, salvaging what they can to try and keep their house alive.

Unless Oryx bring in taken versions of both of them... I would be ok with that...

bitsurugi

Will try to do a quick recap:

- we can play rift, mayhem
- we can play on (all - it literally says all!) new maps
- we can NOT use new subclasses (that's kinda obvious)
- we will be XP level 34 (if you are light 34)
- you can NOT level up past 34 YET
- we will have a TTK light instead of grimoire; grimoire is gone to the char screen
- no more Wolves on patrols
- weapon balance 2.0
- new quests UI; bounties maxed up to 16
- incomplete bounties deleted; exitic ones auto completed
- you can NOT do Eris bounties anymore (so try to raise it, guess it will be good again ? unclear)
- blueprints & collections go live
- marks will transmute into rep packages
- you can earn new marks ???? unclear ???
- need key for elder cipher (how to get the key if wolves are gone??? prolly from small chests in PoE 28 and above)

Kinda huge update imo. Really hyped for tuesday!

Arrrammis

My post was ill advised, and incorrect.
Reread my post after the edit. It is taken straight from the Weekly update.

Keep your bad juju bounty for now.

The exotics will need marks to be upgraded to year 2.
You do not need 2 of any exotic to be able to upgrade to year 2.

Ok, then, thanks for the update! I guess I'll just keep holding on to everything.

Including the 600 heavy ammo synth that I bought from Xur, meant for easy rep or usage. If everything (motes of light, commendations, etc.) that they listed gives out the same amount of rep, heavy is a seriously cheap rep boost, and you can buy 10 synth with strange coins for the same price as a single mote of light.
Yes, I spent like half an hour holding square. It was fun.

GhaleonEB

My procrastinating has paid off! I haven't completed my Triumphs yet, as I need to play Crucible to do so. I only really like objective modes, not straight slayer type of games, so I was looking forward to Rift but not wanting to play before then.

Between the Triumphs deadline extension and the Taken King preview playlist, I can complete it on the Rift playlist. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Nuszka

So all the completed bounties that i hoarded will be deleted then? Away on vacation on saturday morning so i won't be back for over a week, this sucks a bit.

I wonder if this will include Elder Ciphers:

"Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors"

Because I'm getting tired of PoE.

Kyoufu

My procrastinating has paid off! I haven't completed my Triumphs yet, as I need to play Crucible to do so. I only really like objective modes, not straight slayer type of games, so I was looking forward to Rift but not wanting to play before then.

Between the Triumphs deadline extension and the Taken King preview playlist, I can complete it on the Rift playlist. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Salvage, man. Salvage.

Frenden

Banned
How are we thinking it works?
The update stated, paraphrasing, that old marks are converted to Commendations and new Legendary Marks are earnable after.

With out current activities. And hopefully our current pace. Which all sounds quicker than they can be earned after TTK.

I wonder if this will include Elder Ciphers:

"Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors"

Because I'm getting tired of PoE.

Hoping so. I still have the cipher for the queens bow and I just can't get together the motivation to finish it

Local Publix selling Destiny Red Bulls. Go get em boys.

I posted a small note about these: the description you get in game when you pop a focused light is that is applies xp gains to weapon, armor and subclass only.

Not your level, it seems. Not a huge deal but worth knowing.

GhaleonEB

So all the completed bounties that i hoarded will be deleted then? Away on vacation on saturday morning so i won't be back for over a week, this sucks a bit.

I don't think so - only the incomplete bounties. You can still hoard and then turn in completed ones, unless they are using those terms differently than they are used in the game.

Namikaze1

Should've just said TTK content will be up upon reset...

And I was correct on them not raising the cap next week.

Though it is real nice of them to let us play the new crucible modes and maps a week early. Looks like I may have to put MGS aside for a few hours next week.

Top Bottom